Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Advanced Flying II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:55 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

He walked onto the field ready to start another day of advanced flying. He was extremely weary however to find out that they would be learning seeker, the position that Iñigo firmly believed that he was the worst at, despite never truly trying the position. He had enough trouble even seeing the golden ball and one would think that he would've come across it during one of the three years worth of games he has already played. But then again, he was never looking for it either; so it could have passed his face without him having the slightest awareness that it was actually there.

He did proceed to answer the question about it, knowing all too well the answer to the question, but Lexine beat him to it, which he was okay with it. She was another Ravenclaw anyway; so he didn't contest anything about it. He maybe would have tried to out volume someone of another house, but he would just sit there patiently and wait for her answer, which ended up being very correct. He had nothing to add either so he kept silent, awaiting anyone else to answer or just starting up practice.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:28 pm
User Image
Julius is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // wearing his uniform
CURRENTLY // single
CURRENTLY WITH // Advance Flying II
CURRENTLY FEELING // excited
CURRENTLY THINKING // Hmm Seeker... the position I was put in as reserve, I probably should really pay attention to this one.
spacespac
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

space Julius arrived on the pitch and listened as Professor Price introduced the subject of the position of seeker. Lexine quickly answered and ended with mentioning the difficulty of finding the snitch and Julius added with a wry smile thinking of his own troubles with the snitch when he tried out as a seeker on the Gryffindor team, "And don't forget that once you find it, the bloody thing is fairly difficult to catch. But, I second what Lexine said." He added with a smile.

When Julius thought about try-outs, he supposed he didn't do that dreadful and it was partially bad luck as their main seeker, David, had trouble finding and catching the snitch too during try-outs and Julius was the only one who made it as a reserve seeker, so that was promising, right? He did better at seeking than beating at least. And those upperclassmen beaters were a bit brutal on his team by the looks of it. He sort of felt bad for Tyson being in that position, now. Then again, he chose it so his brother must enjoy being a beater well enough.

Triplet//Reserve Seeker for Gryffindor
                                                          (( OOC: ....))

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:18 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon smiled as Lexine explained about being a Seeker. “You are absolutely right Miss Vance. Ten points for that explanation.” He said looking to Julius who said just how hard it was to catch it. “Yes in dead, five points to you Mr. Xanders. I’m glad you feel that way because today you’ll be trying to catch it.” he replied to Julius with a smile.

"Now this is the golden snitch as you probably all know from playing or watching the game." he said taking out the golden ball and holding it between his fingers showing it around. "Your task as I stated before is to find and catch it. Now, I don't expect you to all be expert Seekers just do your best. So as long as you try you'll be given credit for your effort." Landon told them. "So go get on your brooms and have fun." he added as he let go of the snitch and let it fly off.

With: my third year class

OOC: Same rules as Quidditch 19+ to spot, 22+ to catch.

((Outfit in picture))

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:17 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Advanced Flying : Friday (10:00am to 10:45am)

Jasper was late... He rushed to class feeling bad but at least he'd made it. Looking to his professor he knew he was in trouble. "I'm sorry I'm late..." he said quietly. "Mr. Lancaster I'm surprised since it's your first offense I won't deducted house points but don't let it happen again." Landon told him. "Yes, professor..."

"We're playing Seeker today so I suggest getting to work on hunting for the golden snitch." Landon told him. Jasper nodded before getting on his broom and shooting off into the air. Looking around he wasn't sure where the golden snitch was.

With: Classmates

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: Total Roll: 9
19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts)
Modifiers: +4 Hit, +4 AC, +2 Other (Exp + Flying)
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life] [Life]

You have the intellect of a Ravenclaw,
And the protective spirit of a Gryffindor.
However, if you are sure about being with Alice, then...
Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
stitchkin babe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:11 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxthe worst failure is the failure to try.

Third Year | | Thirteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood | | Reserve Seeker

Lexine smiled slightly when the professor gave her 10 points. She then watched as he took out the Snitch. She smiled slightly at the golden ball and drew in a deep breath -- they'd finally be doing what she understood how to do. Once he let go of the snitch, Lexine hopped on her broom as instructed and searched the sky for the little ball carefully.

uniform x ooc :: Sorry for such a late post!

Position: Seeker
                                                AC: 14
                                                Modifiers: + 4 (spotting the snitch), + 4 (catching the snitch)
                                                Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
                                                Final Roll: 14
                                                Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:49 pm
User Image
Julius is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // wearing his uniform
CURRENTLY // single
CURRENTLY WITH // Advance Flying II
CURRENTLY FEELING // excited
CURRENTLY THINKING // Hmm Seeker... the position I was put in as reserve, I probably should really pay attention to this one.
spacespac
xxxxxxxQuidditch Stats
Position: Seeker
Currently: LOOKING FOR THE SNITCH
Roll Total: 1 (+3 Spotting Snitch // +3 Catching) = 4 (FAIL)

Chasing the Snitch: XXXXXXXXXXX/3
Catching the Snitch: XXXXXXXXXXX/2
AC: 11
LIVES: [O] [O] [O] [O]
spacespac═════════════════════════════════════════════════

space Julius nodded with a polite smile when Professor Price gave him five points for his answer. All he had done is really elaborate on what Lexine had already said, but he was thankful for the points anyways. And, Lexine got the credit she deserved too. Watching the golden snitch be pulled out, when it was released and they were instructed to begin, Julius flew up and began his search for the snitch. It would be decent practice, Julius decided.

xxxxxxStatsxxxxxx
                                                          Modifiers: +3 Spotting Snitch//+3 Catching Snitch
                                                          Special Skills: Dang Healthy, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch

(( OOC: ....))

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:14 pm
NEW YEAR!
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon walked onto the field for his third year class. He hoped the students would enjoy this year more then last and that he could teach them everything they would need to know to play Quidditch and for some make them into professionals. It was a tough job but someone had to do it. Landon knew just about everything there was to know about Quidditch so it was only fitting for him to want them to know just as much.

As the students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning class, it's good to see you back again and I hope your first week back has been going well so far." he told them brightly. "This year we will be covering all the positions in Quidditch. Now today we will be starting off with the position of Beater. So what can you guys tell me about it?" he asked curiously wondering what his class already knew.

OOC: ---

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:17 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❸| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❸| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

"Good morning, Professor Price," said Dani as she strolled across the pitch toward her teacher. She'd been looking forward to this class, if nothing else she was getting extra Quidditch practice, and getting class credit for it.

When he asked his question, Dani offered, "The Beater's job is to deflect the Bludgers away from their teammates, while using them to inconvenience their opponents."

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:46 pm
User Image

Cathy

❤ I was born on August 3, 2014.
❤ My blood is B+. Sorry you care about how 'pure' it is? I am pureblood, my father is a Squib. Does it matter?
❤ Do you still want to know more about me?
❤ Oh, and my big brother is a 5th year Ravenclaw.

❤ My directions say I am... {at Advanced Flying}
❤ My time on the clock is Friday Block 3 (10am-10:45am)
❤ And I am looking {Ready to fly}

spaceCarrying her broom Cathy practically skipped onto the field happy to have another year of Advance Flying. She had enjoyed most of her electives and she was happy the first week was winding down. Her brother might have thought she was mental for taking as many electives as she did but at least she wouldn't have time to start fights with peers and professors (though she never felt the need to).

Seeing Danica she smiled stopping beside her Gryffindor friend and listened as Professor Price greeted them and then started by saying they were going to be covering the positions in quidditch this year. And that was when he mentioned the position of beater. Dani spoke up and Cathy added quietly, "Also, there are two beaters per team on the field..."

She was so not looking forward to a class with bludgers, especially having to hit them. Didn't a lot of beaters sometimes miss and hit themselves? Iron balls hurtling at her didn't exactly put her at ease (granted that's probably the main reason David cited all the dangers of quidditch and how horrible it was). Oh well, it was a class, so it shouldn't be that bad, right?

(( OOC))
                                                          Quote:
                                                          Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:03 pm
User Image

User Image

Axel bounded down the field with his broom in his hand. The freshly polished wood glinted against the sun as he carefully tossed it over his shoulder to jog the rest of the way towards the class. His broom was bought used, but it had been barely broken in until he'd gotten his hands on it. It was a Nimbus 2000 model, nothing new, but nothing too terribly old and outdated like the Cleansweep or Comet series. He really wanted a Firebolt, but his da' told him there was no point when he was probably going to break the one he has. Never on purpose-! But damn, he has bad luck landing sometimes. ”Beaters can get a foul on their team if they hit a bludger at spectators. It's called bumphing.”

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄═════════════════╗
13 years old Ψ 5'5" Ψ 133lbs Ψ halfblood
Advanced Flying Class
Dressed in: Gryffindor Robes
╚═════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:44 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon was happy to see his students so when they gave their answers he couldn't help but smile. "All good answers five points to each of you." he said awarding five points to Hufflepuff and ten points to Gryffindor. "A beater's job is in fact to hit bludgers at the opposing team to make it more difficult for them as well as to protect their own teammates from incoming bludgers. There are two beaters on each team and they are known to be the one's most hit by bludgers, whether it's by being aimed at or missing their target." Landon explained.

“Now I’m sure you don’t want to just sit and listen to one giant lecture on how playing Beater works. Besides I find the best way to learn is to try it for yourself.” Landon told them with a small smirk. “So today I’m giving you a change to try it out for yourselves. For those who already know how to play Beater think of this as practice I promise our next topic will be something you’ve never done less you’ve played any other position.” He said knowing it would be boring for those who already knew but they could at least help their classmates if they wanted too.

Landon then handed out the Beater bats and brooms to anyone who needed them. “Now before I release the bludgers on you I’m going to explain how this works. Line the Beater bat up with the incoming bludger and give a good swing at an angle that will get it to go in the direction you want it to go.” He explained. “You are all aiming at those targets there, so good luck and most importantly have fun. As mentioned before with playing Beater you take a big risk of being hit but don’t worry if that happens I’ll be casting the softening charm to insure you don’t get injured during class.” Landon assured them hoping they’d go out there and just have some fun.

OOC: Same rules as Quidditch. Use the skills you have if you've already applied for them before. If you don't have them click the link provided --> Here and pick your skills. If you have any questions just let me know.

((Targets AC is 12))

((Outfit in picture))

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:10 pm
User Image
Lives: {❤} {❤} {❤}
Modifiers: (+2 Hitting Bludgers)
*Note Targets have an AC of 12*

Position: Playing Beater

Targets Hitl: 0000
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cathy couldn't help but make a sigh of relief as Professor Price informed them in the end that he was going to be using a softening charm on the bludgers so they didn't get hurt. Well that was a huge relief. And with some added confidence she took to the sky and made her first attempt at aiming at one of the targets not having a lot of faith in herself as a beater and decided just to try her best and have fun trying a new position without worrying about harming herself or others.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:25 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

Dani was well acquainted with Bludgers, having been targeted with them more than once, she'd never had the chance to try getting a whack at one before. She was also glad softening Charms were being used; she didn't want to leave class harfing up blood.

User Name: Graydon Ironshield
                                                      Character name: Danica Stewart
                                                      Year: Third
                                                      Years of Play: Two (Reserve Chaser One last season)
                                                      Advanced Flying I: Completed
                                                      Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                                      Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                      First Position Choice: Chaser
                                                      Second Position Choice: Seeker or Beater, whichever the team needs most.

OOC: Quidditch Data

Modifiers: +4 to Steal / Shoot the Quaffle
                                                      +2 to Hit / Deflect Bludgers
                                                      Lives: (X) (X) (X)

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:26 pm
Graydon Ironshield
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

Silly me, forgot to roll.

User Name: Graydon Ironshield
                                                      Character name: Danica Stewart
                                                      Year: Third
                                                      Years of Play: Two (Reserve Chaser One last season)
                                                      Advanced Flying I: Completed
                                                      Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                                      First Position Choice: Chaser
                                                      Second Position Choice: Seeker or Beater, whichever the team needs most.

OOC: Quidditch Data

Modifiers: +4 to Steal / Shoot the Quaffle
                                                      +2 to Hit / Deflect Bludgers
                                                      Lives: (X) (X) (X)

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:25 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Hovering in the air, Landon watched his students try hitting bludgers. He saw Cathy get a nice hit in there. "Nice hit, Miss League. Your aims a little bit off but other than that you're doing great. Keep up the good work." he told her before looking over at Danica. Seeing she was going to miss the bludger he used the softening charm so Danica wouldn't get hurt. "When hitting a bludger Miss Stewart try moving slightly out of the way of its path and line up its movement with the bat." Landon suggested politely. He was after all there for encouragement. After a while longer of giving pointers and watching some good attempts and some not Landon realized the time. "Well class that's all the time we have today. We'll continue this next week." With that he released his class for the day.

*Time Skip - Next Lesson*

Landon liked what he saw during the last class, despite some difficults his students did quite well on the position of Beater. Now they'd be dealing with the snitch an evasive little ball that was down near impossible to see. He wasn't sure how they'd handle learning the position of Seeker but he'd been surprised before. Landon knew full well that catching the golden ball was a challenge and a real challenge at that. As he waited for his class to arrive he thought about the position they would be going over.

“Good morning class. Last we covered the position of Beater. Today however we will be learning the position of Seeker.” Landon told the class. “The Seeker has only one sole purpose in the game of Quidditch.” He explained. “Now can anyone tell me what that is and why it’s one of the most important jobs?” he asked the class. It was an easy question but it got them involved before working on the practical.

OOC: ---

((Outfit in picture))

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out