Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:49 pm
(au) Rabbit Vaughn

Rabbit took a long swig from his flask and grunted out a sound that wasn't really an affirmation but wasn't really a denial, either.

daekie

--------------------------------------------------------------------

(au) Juniper Wilcox - north bonfire

She wasn't sure if she was relieved by Nasir excusing himself or more intimidated, because now she was left alone with this man. He seemed to be nice, but his easy acceptance was making her nervous - and now there was a second man, looming over.

Juniper shrank back onto the log, clutching her bag of marshmallows and shying away instinctively from the attention.

"...fine," she whispered. "I'm fine."

moonrazor
phone tag sorry

blade kuroda

Daekie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:45 pm
Ashton Carver / 25/25

"Hey," Ashton wheedled, "try not to choke, at least? We have enough tragedy going on in this town -- it'd be a shame to add to it."

kuropeco
rabbit pls put the flask down.

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:05 pm
America Jones - South

America shoots New Leila and Rylan a look both apologetic and pathetically grateful. She's been buzzing with a quiet sense of excitement at the word magic. Finishing off the last bit of her lemon bar in a hurry, she nods at Vivien. "Wonder what sound he'll make if gets a good pinch on the butt." Someone is obviously not The Good Influence when it comes to pranking and maybe it's for the best that America is derailed from that thought.

Turning to Leila-Leila, eyebrows raised, America asks quietly, 'What's up, hun?"

cibarium
shibrogane
kolina
iloveyoudie

Blade Kuroda rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:15 pm
Shun Kuroda 25/25 | North

She said she was fine, but something seemed off here. Shun wasn't sure if it was just because he and Rylan were strangers, or if something else was going on. This made things a bit harder for him, given how his general personality was like. He really wasn't the most consoling guy out there.

Shun did keep his distance, though.

"Just making sure. You seemed a little distressed, is all. Given the concert, I figure people should be having a good time more than anything. Mind if I sit here for a bit?"

Kuropeco

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:22 pm
    south bonfire || Leila (C+1)

Leila was grateful for America's attentiveness, and with a relieved smile she momentarily pulled her warging mentor aside for a moment.

"Junior Me knows something," she whispered, keeping an easy smile on her face while doing so in the hopes it would avoid arousing any suspicion or anxiety among the rest of the bonfire group. "Either a vision, or something bad happened recently... she's been real cagey around Eve and me too." And that was something worth a bucket of theories by itself, time constraints nonwithstanding.

"I'm positive it's important. Otherwise it wouldn't be distracting her so much." Leila fidgeted with her hands a bit, in a way that exactly mirrored some hand-fidgeting her younger self had done earlier. "You think you could look into this mystery for us? I'll owe you one."

lizbot

lizbot rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:54 pm
America Jones - Persuasion +1

She's a lot better at getting gossip, in all honesty, than digging deep into people's secret problems, but even so, America smiled reassuringly at her own Leila. "I'll see if anything slips out."

Moving toward Vivien and Babysitter Leila, she turns her grin toward Juniper. "More the merrier, hun, but are you sure we can't take the professor? What if there's aliens in the cave? Have you ever met a fellow named Marcus 'round here?" She turned the question toward Leila and Vivien as well while they walked. "He's all about aliens and ghosts and such. Bet he'd be a good interpreter too, but not half as cute in a little space suit, gotta say."

cibxarium
ilovxeyoudie
rolling for gossip about aliens
koxlina
shixbrogane

lizbot

No Faun

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:52 am
There is a growing feeling of pressure in the air.

Something is about to happen...

Quote:
Something will change tonight at 9pm PST!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:54 am
"Nuh-uh," says Vivien. She holds Professor Crab close to her chest. It clicks its claws, but submits gamely to her snuggling. "Nobody named Marcus. 'Less you mean Marcus Bradford. He's mean. He called me a name." She sniffs. "It's not my fault he's bug-eyed and jealous."

lizbot

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:17 am
Rylan to north bonfire

Juniper hadn't seemed the most talkative to begin with, and perhaps even a little less so now that Nasir was gone and she was left with two people she'd only just met. Maybe it'd help if she wasn't consistently being questioned about a topic that was clearly difficult to talk about.

Rylan turned back to his marshmallows just in time to see them burst into flames. He huffed them out as quickly as possible, twirling the stick to inspect them.

"So I'm a firefighter," he began. "Most days, our station's pretty quiet. A lot of our calls are people trapped in elevators. Sometimes, though, it's serious."

He brought the marshmallows closer and looked around from graham crackers.

"About eight months ago, this family's house caught on fire. We got them out, but the older daughter lost one of her legs. Fourteen, can you imagine? Starting high school after an accident like that. She was a dancer." Rylan shook his head. "Depression hit her bad. But last time I saw her, she'd been fitted with a new prosthetic. She could learn to walk again. That smile on her face. I'm sure you've seen that in some of your students, Juniper."

kuropeco

Blade Kuroda

MoonRazor rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:26 am
Ves to south bonfire, +1 persuasion

Ves' gaze followed Vivien and the group getting up to visit the cliffs, curious. She'd heard enough about those cliffs to wonder. But maybe she'd ask America or Leila about them later. They couldn't all be there at once, and she wondered whether there was more to be learned from these two men who seemed to understand the world a lot better than she.

"Let's hope nothing too magicky happens around here," she said with a smile. "Your daughter's got a charm about her. It seems she doesn't have much trouble winning people over."

She took another sip of the lemonade, still slowly getting used to the kick. Good thing there were snacks to chew on to temper some of that alcohol. "You two seemed to be having some sort of discussion before we got here," she said after a moment. "Mind if I ask what had you so worked up?"

iloveyoudie

i'm not sure who's still here D:

MoonRazor

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:15 am
(au) Bennett Vaughn - north bonfire

Another long swig was taken, except this time, Rabbit's eyes were focused on the person in front of him in a deliberate ignoring of what was being said to him.

At least the part about not drinking or choking. Rabbit wiped his mouth on the back of his hand snorted.

"Don't be so melodramatic. I'm fine."

daekie

--------------------------------------------------------------------

(au) Juniper Wilcox - north bonfire

It was a little unnerving, someone being forthcoming enough to call her distressed. Juniper felt her face heat, felt a growing sense of frustration as he came closer, the fire flickering in front of her, a mix of oranges and yellows in her peripheral vision.

"...please sit," she whispered, because really, it would be rude to say no.

On her other side, the firefighter - whose name she had already forgotten - was telling some terrible story about a tragedy, which, far from making Juniper feel more comfortable, only made her paler. She did, however, clear her throat and say delicately, "Ah...yes, that sounds...that sounds...good."

Was it good someone had lost a leg? She forced a vague smile.

"Unfortunately, not all stories end that well."

moonrazor

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:19 am
    south bonfire || Cam & Finn

"'Magicky'?" Finn snorted.

Cam laughed small, almost mocking, "You do know my daughter's nine right?"

Apparently magic wasn't something these gentleman put any stock in. Equally Finn looked a bit concerned at the alcohol to see if she'd nipped too much, "Stop hitting that lemonade young lady."

"Talking about when you all got here you mean?" Cam scratched his head. What they'd been talking about? "Just politics. Enough to get anyone worked up."

moonrazor

walking to cliffs || Leila

Leila waited with Vivien until America and Juniper seemed ready to leave. She held the young girl's hand first, almost over protective in her uneasiness, but as they started to move she let go and listened to talk of the crab and aliens and simply glanced around looking for anyone, a friend perhaps.

Suddenly she began to look a bit sick, swallowing, but took a sideline on the actual conversation.

kolina

lizbot

shibrogane

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:14 am
Shun Kuroda 25/25 North

It didn't look like she was settling down at all. It was time to try and switch things up a bit.

Sitting down, a decent distance away from her, he let his arms rest upon his knees before glancing over to the fire. He did tilt his head at Rylan for a moment, listening to him. All the while, he couldn't help but feel that something was... looming. He didn't like it. It gave him a bad feeling.

"Hear any good albums as of late? Algernon back there said he picked up the recent Led Zepplin one," he asked, changing the topic quickly. They were at a concert. It was likely a fair assumption that she enjoyed music. Hopefully.

Kuropecco
moonrazor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:21 pm
Somewhere in the crowd, Chel silently slipped in beside Shun. It had taken a bit to find him again; both because he was in a group of people (unexpected) and the beach was big.

She had a way of leaning back in the conversation, not saying much and taking the effort to not be noticed. All she did was quietly say, "Melany's here." In Chel's mind, that already spelled trouble.

So did the crackling unease she felt moving through the air.

blade kuroda
not sure who all is in this group apologies if i missed quoting you

moonrazor

kuropeco

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:39 pm
Juniper Wilcox | 25/25(P+1) | Walking to the Cliffs

Juniper glanced to America, Eve, and Leila as they shared a few quick words with each other. She didn't intrude, considering she barely knew the three besides their names, but she was, without a doubt, curious on what was being said. Was something important being passed around? A part of her felt as if she was being shunned from the group but really it was probably because of the fact that they didn't know her and thus lacked trust.

Which, was shitty, considering they were all in this mess together. There wasn't anything she could do about it though.

Finally they began to head towards the cliff just as a growing pressure began to build. Juniper wondered if perhaps a storm was moving in, or...worse, something magical was at foot? So far though, it seemed that magic was not all that abundant here. Perhaps it was just her imagination?

"Hey, are you alright? Seriously?" She laid a hand on the young Leila's shoulder as she saw the poor girl look as if she may be ill. "Sorry. I know you're probably sick of people asking that. We're just worried is all." Perhaps Juniper wasn't the only one feeling the strange shift around them? Was America feeling it too?

She looked past Leila to America, a questioning brow raised.

lizbot

shibrogane

iloveyoudie

cibarium

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items