Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
The Daily Dragon - School Newspaper - Open 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:51 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
fifth year || Slytherin prefect || muggleborn
Daily Dragon managing editor || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

August headed to the Daily Dragon room early. Instead of the Editor-in-Chief though, he found Rhea waiting for him, armed with the Dragon’s traditional cookies.

”Princess, these look delicious,” he complimented as they laid out the treats. ”Thank you again for helping us bake them. ” So instead of working on his idea list or studying, August busied himself with arranging forms and pulling the typewriters out for cleaning, chatting with Rhea about this and that as they worked. With everything ready and still some time before people were expected, he snagged a peanut butter cookie for himself and just enjoyed Princess Rhea’s company for a while. ”These are delicious. I owe you one.”

Soon though, he bid Rhea farewell. He greeted Jonah Lane, the Editor-in-Chief more professionally than he had his sister, then sat around to work and wait for other members to arrive.

Name: August Li
Year: Fifth
House: Slytherin
Any experience: 4 years writing for the Dragon and writing short stories outside of class.
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I want to continue honing my writing skills and staying up to date on wizarding world happenings.
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?:Yes

setting Daily Dragon room, first meeting of the 2047-2048 year || with Daily Dragon Staff
wearing familiar jacket+jeans+glasses || status A new year.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where dead man called out
For his love to flee.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree (yr 4)

"The Hanging Tree" by James Newton Howard, cover by Peter Hollens

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
⫸ Annabella Clodagh Sheehan ⫸ a.k.a. Annie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: 2047-2048
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Annie had always been insecure, feeling like foreigner in her own skin and bones, and this year she decided that she had to push forward all the more. If she didn't become more active with her fellow students of Hogwarts she would never be involved more. Being a part of a group was just as much as her responsibility as theirs for accepting her. Knowing of the newspaper (only having followed it from her first year), she decided to apply her writing hobbies to something more productive. The idea left her feeling so exposed, though. It was one thing to be made fun of for her face, she couldn't help that, but something she produced like her art and writing was different. It was a hidden part of her.

She had talked to her Mum and Stepdad at length about it and both insisted she should try and would likely be pleasantly surprised by the results. She sincerely hoped that was the case as she practically tiptoed into the room hugging her bag full of notebooks with her best work to her. She spotted the application for writers and artists and took one of each hoping that she would at least make the cut for one. She preferred artist if she had to chose, but she'd be happy to be accepted for either or anything else for that matter.

Sitting near a corner she filled out the forms:

Name: Annabella Clodagh Sheehan
                                              Year: 4th Year
                                              House: Hufflepuff
                                              Any experience: Throughout my schooling before Hogwarts I took art classes and have continued the trend with my electives starting the prior year.
                                              Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: I have always hidden my art but I feel that art is supposed to be shared and it would be hypocritical of me to hide my work even if I think it could be better.
                                              Please produce an example of your work A collection of 3 different sprigs of orchids in vibrant watercolor. Among with many other nature drawings and even a few watercolors of bright blue pixies, curious nymphs, and even a leprechaun tipping his green hat with a huge mischievous perfect grin.
                                              This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: yes

or

Name: Annabella Clodagh Sheehan
                                              Year: 4th Year
                                              Any experience: No formal training besides typical classroom writing assignments.
                                              Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: Like any art form, art is best shared and I agree with my writing and the practice would be lovely as I do wish to pursue the arts as an adult in a professional setting.
                                              Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: yes
                                              This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: yes
                                              User Image
                                              ------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                              You're a lively one, for sure
                                              Kind and brave, unbridled optimism
                                              Hm, this is a tough one
                                              But... yes, I think, for you

Hufflepuff!
                                              {OoC: Open for Interaction}
                                              Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:41 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
sixth year || Slytherin Prefect || muggleborn
Daily Dragon managing editor || Language club captain || Quidditch Announcer

August unlocked the Daily Dragon room. Thankfully Lane had brought the cookies, so when he got there, August just arranged the club forms and started cleaning out the typewriters as they waited for people to show up. With Vespera’s words from the opening feast on his mind, he’d taken a page from Sonora’s book and deliberately mixed up his wardrobe to be...slightly less formal. It was a weekday, not having a tie already made him feel ridiculously underdressed.

August had his usual list of paper ideas and thoughts for the paper, but left that in his bag until the first editor meeting. For today, he was focused on greeting and welcoming new and returning members, following Lane’s lead to be...well, hopefully more welcoming than serious.

Name: August Li
Year: Sixth
Any experience: 5 years prior in the Daily Dragon, creative short stories for fun.
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: IHave enjoyed both writing and editing.
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: yes

setting Daily Dragon Room, Fall 2048 || with Awaiting other Daily Dragon Staff
wearing Shirt, sweater and jeans+glasses || status When did I become intimidating?

Also I just realized I never responded to Annie last year! Sorry >.>"""

”---"

Even now as I write this down
All pretensions disappear
Now our impulses will bite
At the ankles of our fear
You're connected to the heart
But tonight we'll set you free

"Swallow the Knife" by Story of the Year , cover by Peter Hollens

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:48 pm
User Image
User ImageYukon Knolle User Image
Hufflepuff Third Year

▬▬"Friends are like potatoes"▬▬

Yukon went into the Dragon, excited for his third year of being in the club. The third year of working alongside his partner in writing, Eion. Sure they weren't the best writers, but they had fun doing it, and August was always really nice to them about helping them edit their work. He grabbed a form to fill out, handed it back to August then lopped down, waiting with anticipation to share his topic ideas with Eion.

Name: Yukon Knolle
Year: Third
Any experience: Two previous years of the club?
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I'm very excited to write some more news stories for the club once again!
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Not only do I agree, but I expect it.
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes!
▬▬"When you eat them, they die."▬▬

"Friends are Friends, Not food."

Where & Who: Yukon in Dragon,
Thinking about: Where's Eion? Why is August the only one here
Wearing: Black pants, potato top

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:47 pm
Teenage dreams in a teenage circus
Running around like a clown on purpose
Who gives a damn about the family you come from?
No givin' up when you?re young and you want some

Grყffιᥒdor Fιrst YᥱᥲrExρᥱrιmᥱᥒtᥱrEᥣιzᥲ

ꕤ✦❀Ella had been pretty excited when she heard there was an actual school newspaper and made sure to bring a new binder with her for any new information. So far there were only two people in the room, both older boys, but it seemed as though the eldest looked to be in charge which is where she went towards. She took in the sight of the room impressed with the size before making a large inner sigh at what she'd have to work with. Logically, she knew typewriters were still mainly used (see her grandfather and his entire shop) but she had still held out some form of hope it seemed. No matter, maybe for yule she could ask her parents for a quick notes to help out with it. She spotted some forms and after some careful deliberation chose one and began filling it out before handing it in. "Soo...what's next?"

Name: Elaina Lovette
Year: First
House: Gryffindor
Clubs you're affiliated with or know of: Music and Adventure's Club
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: Because I enjoy informing the masses over what's going on and this is a good way for me to be able to go to different parts of the castle without getting into trouble.
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

Waking up in the midday sun
What's to live for?
You could see what I've done
Staring at emotion
In the light of day
I was running from the things that you?d say

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:45 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Daily Dragon HQ
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Yukon, Augs, others
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Club time!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Hope we can still be a duo

Eion hurried into newspaper, feeling bad because he was quite late. Hopefully no one would be upset with him for not being on time. He clutched his notebook to his chest as he ran in, cheeks red from his running. "So sorry I'm late! I... was trying to finish homework." He looked around, glad that there weren't too many people around. Today he had in a dark purple eye, adorned with silvery stars. He adjusted his glasses while he filled out his form this year.

Name: Eion M. Delacroix
                                                                Year: Third
                                                                House: Ravenclaw
                                                                Any experience: Two other years here
                                                                Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I think I'm getting better, which is really nice. I want to keep trying to get better too.
                                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: I will do my best!

Mʏ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴡɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀᴡ Hᴀʟᴇʏ's ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴛ, sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ. Sʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴠᴇᴅ, sᴀɪᴅ, "Wʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ"
          Eᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴇᴅ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴀᴛᴏsᴘʜᴇʀᴇ
          Tᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴛʜᴇʀ, I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ
          Tᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴇ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ, I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ
          I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀɴɢʀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀʏɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ɪs ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ
          Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ, I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ
          Tʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ sᴏ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ, ɪᴛ's ᴏɴʟʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:47 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃User Image
Seventh Year Slytherin

▬▬"A healer is someone who seeks to be the light"▬▬

Ves walked into the Dragon, ready to give Jonah a good and proper stab. But.. he wasn't there. Had Jonah taken to studying so hard for the NEWTs that he decided not to deal with opening the Drago. Ves sighed, in so may of her clubs she was the oldest one there. Where were her Super Seven Squad? She should have convinced Aeryn to come and join the Dragon for the year, at least then she'd have someone to bounce ideas with that was in the same year as her. Ah, there was probably no convincing Aeryn to come associate with Ves in public though, maybe she would bounce ideas to her while they were in their dorm.

Ves poked August as she approached the desk, "I see you're taking the chill thing. I like this no tie look. It makes you seem more of the kid you actually are." Now, August was probably going to whip out a tie from his bag because of that statement, oh well. She filled out the form and handed it back to him, this final year of writing, it was going to be the best one she could do.

Name: Vespera Salazar
Year: Seventh
Any experience: 6 long years
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I've been one for the past 6 years and it's been a grand time.
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Of Course
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Obviously

▬▬ "that she wishes she had in her darkest moments." ▬▬

Where:
With Whom:
Thinking about:
Vespera Description: Short 4'9", blond hair, green eyes
Wearing:
OOC: Open for Interaction

_____

_____

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:36 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
sixth year || Slytherin Prefect || muggleborn
Daily Dragon managing editor || Language club captain || Quidditch Announcer

”Good afternoon Yukon,” August greeted when the boy arrived. Next to arrive was a new face. He skimmed over her application and offered his hand with a cordial smile. ”Welcome to the Daily Dragon, Miss Elaina. I’m August, our Managing Editor.The first meeting of the year we usually figure out assignments, and share ideas. By the second meeting the Editor-in-Chief and I will have specific assignments for upcoming articles and schedules for longer features or series. ” He hesitated, wondering if he was lecturing again. ”In any case, feel free to talk to the other members, like Yukon here. He's got two years of experience and his writing is always improving. We’ll get started once more people are here.”

He offered her a cookie and waved to Eion in time to collect the form. His smile slipped from simply polite to almost proud when he saw the slight change in Eion’s name and he looked up to meet the young boy’s gaze. They’d talked about names last year, and was happy Eion had decided to get it changed, and hoped it was a name Eion could now be proud of. He made a note to ask what the M stood for next study session, but for now just looked up to offer Eion a secret, understanding grin.

A moment later, he was greeted by a poke. ”Vespera,” he greeted. As long as the pokes weren’t silverware or...well, quills were fine anyways. ”Uh huh. I have been taking your...recommendation into consideration. ” he replied awkwardly. He moved to polish his glasses, again feeling terribly underdressed. It wasn't just the tie thing. He'd totally worn jeans to a Daily Dragon meeting before. It was just...whatever. You know what, it was probably because Lane wasn't here that he was stuck thinking about wardrobe. ”But I’m really only a year…younger.”

Yeah, he’d heard that line before. And right now, he didn't need to be feeling things. August cleared his throat. ”Speaking of, Lane wasn’t with you? He was obviously here earlier to drop off cookies,” August commented quietly to Vespera with a glance at the door. Rationally, he figured Jonah was simply at the toilet or grabbing supplies. But he would take any excuse to hate on Middle Lane. ”I swear…”

setting Daily Dragon Room, Fall 2048 || with Daily Dragon Staff
wearing Shirt, sweater and jeans+glasses || status Greeting the staff

Yukina 101

Miss GryffindorK

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Even now as I write this down
All pretensions disappear
Now our impulses will bite
At the ankles of our fear
You're connected to the heart
But tonight we'll set you free

"Swallow the Knife" by Story of the Year , cover by Peter Hollens

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:51 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

first year || Gryffindor || pureblood
Drama club || Music club || Quidditch reserve
Daily Dragon (fall) || Art (spring)

Sparrow didn’t really have an idea what she was doing in the Daily Dragon room. But she figured she had Music Club with Sonora, so she’d join the Daily Dragon with August! Wren refused to tell her what clubs he did--if he actually went to any?--maybe she’d find out by poking around with the newspaper crew!

”Cause you know that, baby, I-I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me. Papa-paparazz--SALUTATIOOONS!" She sang, cartwheeling into the room. She skipped over to August, giving him a hug and interrupting whatever secret conversation he was having with Vespera. ”Surprise, Tanzizi! Hiya Vespera!”

”Sparrow? What are you...this is the Daily Dragon’s meeting time right now?”

”Exactly!” she replied gleefully, staring at all the possible positions. After a few moment’s consideration, she doodled over one with her pink gel pen. Forms complete, she beamed at the other people gathered.

”Eion! Ella!” She leap-frogged over a chair but stopped short and just waved at Eion before twirling to perch on the table next to Ella. ”That makes two clubs we’ll share! Do you think they'll let us advertise Music Club events in the paper?”

Name: Sparrow K. Winchester
Year: First!
House: Gryffindor!
Any experience: I have/had an Instagram account?
Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I think I can take pictures! Really I just want to keep up to date on all the cool going-ons around Hogwarts!
Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: no sad Unless phones work!
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: sure ^_^

setting Newspaper Room, Fall 2048 || with Some old friends, some new friends!
hair color Option 4, in pink || wearing short dress
status Fellow Paparazzapeople

Miss GryffindorK

See the line where the sky meets the sea
It calls me
And no one knows, how far it goes
If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
One day I'll know
If I go there's just no telling how far I'll go
♡♥
~"How Far I'll Go," by Auli'i Cravalho from Moana, cover by Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:58 pm

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

first year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club || Cooking Club || Daily Dragon || Herbology Club

Weslyn took a deep breath and pretended to be fascinated by her notebook as the girl who was singing and dancing through the hall made her way to the Daily Dragon room. Wes had meant to come with Yukon earlier, but had taken too long changing clothes after class and now it was her fault she was alone in the corridor. She waited outside the door and counted to ten before opening the door.

There were a lot of people here. Wes nervously found Yukon and sat next to him, only getting a form when bid. She stared at the form for a while and almost put it back-- she didn’t really have any ideas--before remembering the song the loud girl had been singing and doodling something onto the form.

Name: Weslyn Knolle
Year: first
Any experience: none?
Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: Yukon likes the Daily Dragon? I can’t write really well ( I can’t draw really either) but if I can be helpful I’m willing to learn.
Please produce an example of your work: User Image
A Pom Pom crab with a notebook and stick labelled “It’s a Pom-pom-razzi”. Lots of erase marks.
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: I think so.

setting Daily Dragon, Fall 2048 || with Yukon
wearing Baby blue dress || status I want to meet Eion.

Wake up, wake up, the sun cannot wait for long
Reach out, reach out before it fades away
You will find the warmth when you surrender
Smile into the fear and let it play
✿❀
~"Brave" by Josh Groban, cover by Peter Hollens.

addaellis

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:54 pm
User Image
Eliza Ann Whitmore
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Gryffindor First Year Reserve Beater
Twin Eleven Year Old Seer

User Image
                                                  Location : Daily Dragon Club ( 2048 )

Eliza Ann had been looking forward to the newspaper the moment she found out they had one. She loved taking pictures and didn't want to miss out on being able to take some that weren't all meant for her brother. Honestly she'd be taking tons of photos while she was at school. Hopefully it would lead to some friendships being formed cause it would be rather boring otherwise.

Entering the room, she noticed quite the number of students there. A few included her roommates Elaina and Sparrow. Eliza couldn't say she was close to anyone just yet but friendships had to start somewhere. "Hi, everyone. Hope you don't mine me joining." She said in greeting as she began filling out the application. "Glad to see you guys here." She said joining her roommates. At least she was among people she knew.

Name: Eliza Ann Whitmore
                                                  Year: 1st Year
                                                  House: Gryffindor
                                                  Any experience: Just taking pictures here and there at home
                                                  Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I love photography so why not.
                                                  Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: I have my own camera.
                                                  This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes.

Company : Other students... Ella & Sparrow

OOC : ---

You're looking for adventure, eh?
                                                  Well then, I know just where to put you
                                                  Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:06 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
seventh year || Slytherin Head Boy || muggleborn
Daily Dragon Editor-in-Chief || Language club captain || Quidditch Announcer

August headed to the Daily Dragon early after class to get everything ready: Forms, parchment, typewriters and of course, the traditional Daily Dragon cookies--courtesy this year of his lovely girlfriend. Girlfriend. First year me would have thrown a fit to think I’d have a significant other while still in school. He smiled a little, took one of the peanut butter and marshmallow almond cookies, and left the other flavors for the newcomers.

Everything set up, August took out his list of ideas compiled over the summer out, and spent the waiting time reviewing his Mythology textbook and notes. He had a list, ranked in order, of people to ask to be his Managing Editor. Hopefully though, Annie would accept the position. He thought she could breath a fresh, artistic perspective into the newspaper, and was looking forward to working more closely with her.

setting Daily Dragon First meeting, September 2049 || with No one right now
appearance 5'9", 157 lbs, glasses || wearing All black
status I hope Annie gets here early. And maybe Eion and Yukon.

Are we dancing
are we really here
Is this feeling something real
or will it disappear
Are we dancing
does the music soar
Was this lovely song I hear
ever heard before

"Are We Dancing" from The Happiest Millionaire

addaellis

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 2:17 am
User Image
⫸ Annabella Clodagh Sheehan ⫸ a.k.a. Annie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: 2048-2049
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Annie had very much considered herself more of a visual artist than a literary artist at this point of her life. When she was younger she envisioned herself both, as she got older and befriended other artistically inclined minds, she knew her poetry might be pretty and her stories of flights of fancy might be amusing, but there was better. There was much better. Her watercolors, inks, charcoals, oils, and even sketches stood out more. Granted there were better for that too, but there was always better, and art criticism was generally subjective. Yet, despite considering herself more of a visual artist, she continued her time at the school newspaper. She loved the work, it was an easier way to show at least a bit of her artistic talent to more of the world, and quite frankly she liked the people of the newspaper staff and truly believed in their work.

She found herself one of the first in the room to see August, the editor in chief, studying his mythology text. She nervously smiled, avoiding the cookies for now to not harm her teeth and corrective muggle dentistry working to finally get her an ordinary smile completely, and greeted August with a "Good day" and nod as she reached for the usual forms, taking out her preferred ballpoint pen for writing. (As much as she loved the magic world, she still stood by her belief that quills were impractical and dumb to insist on always using)

User Image
                                                              ------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                              You're a lively one, for sure
                                                              Kind and brave, unbridled optimism
                                                              Hm, this is a tough one
                                                              But... yes, I think, for you

Hufflepuff!
                                                              {OoC: }
                                                              addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:52 pm

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

second year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club || Cooking Club || Daily Dragon || Herbology Club || Quidditch Reserve

Weslyn put her ear against the door and counted a few seconds before walking in.

Last winter, she had come to submit a drawing and heard Jonah and August—usually the gentlest pair of editors--arguing. Mostly, she found, they would just be passionately debating over a sentence of the paper or format option and there would be some laughing or playful mockery. After about ten minutes of quiet, she had gone in and everything had seemed normal. Maybe she had just imagined it. Wes couldn’t even imagine them angry!

But then January she had stood frozen outside, not even sure if they were yelling about the paper. Juniper had come along, kicked down the door, and snapped at them to take their bickering out of the club room. Later that month, the head girl had passed by in time, and stepped in to tell them both she was very disappointed in them and to apologize. Weslyn had been mortified when they did, thinking she’d gotten them in trouble. They’d never so much as raised their voice or seemed disappointed in front of her! Thankfully, whatever their more heated arguments were about, after mid-February they settled back into the usually scheduled debates.

Thus, Weslyn was a little cautious but not so much that she felt like waiting for Yukon to arrive. Weslyn was delighted to find Annie was already there. Wes herself didn’t really do much at the Daily Dragon--just drew the occasional sketch if they needed something. But Annie was definitely much better -- she had oils and inks and carcoals--she was a bona fide artist like Kenny! Watching and learning from the older Hufflepuff during meetings was definitely Weslyn’s favorite part of the newspaper.

”Annie, Weslyn, welcome back,” August greeted, looking up when he heard the door open.

”Thank you, Good afternoon,” Weslyn murmured and went to fill out the artist form. She revealed a brand-new sketchbook she'd gotten while shopping for school supplies and was about to ask Annie if she'd show her more drawing techniques when August asked for a moment at the same time: "Anni--oh! No, no, I'm sorry, I can wait!"

Name: Weslyn Knolle
Year: 2
Any experience: Just last year in Daily Dragon and Art Club
Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: Yukon is here! And I like learning to draw from Annie.
Please produce an example of your work [A quick pencil sketch of a mermaid holding a necklace and a spear.
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: I’ll do my best!

setting Daily Dragon Room. September 2049 || with August, Annie...no Yukon yet
appearance 4'5", 80 lbs || wearing little pink dress
status Oh Annie's here! Yay!

Prepare for your greatest moments
Prepare for your finest hour
The dream that you've always dreamed is
Suddenly about to flower
✿❀
~"This Will be the Day" by Jeff Williams ft. Casey Lee Williams, cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:54 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
seventh year || Slytherin Head Boy || muggleborn
Daily Dragon Editor-in-Chief || Language club captain || Quidditch Announcer

”Annie, Weslyn, welcome back,” August greeted, looking up when he heard the door open. He was partly relieved to see Weslyn hadn’t been too scared to return--the poor girl seemed absolutely terrified after she overheard him and Middle Lane arguing last year. He’d apologized sincerely, but like Sona had been, he was also very disappointed in himself. August was known for his civility--he should have kept a cooler heard. Then again, according to Sparrow, getting worked up over his princess was just a sign of romance--aaaaand no, he was not taking dokidoki advice from a twelve year old, no matter how much “dating” experience she had.

Anyways, he had exciting business to attend to! “Annie--oh, sorry.” he cut off when Weslyn asked for her at the same time. She insisted she could wait though, and with another apologetic, ”Sorry about this. Annie, could I have a word before we get started?” He shifted to one end of the room to have some privacy from the other members. “I was wondering if you’d like to be my Managing Editor?”

He had thought quite carefully about this decision and discussed it with Jonah. Annie always seemed like a rather quiet type, but the quality of work she produced spoke volumes. She had a way of using mediums to convey tones that he had never considered before working with her-- the closest he could describe it was like using different fonts to convey different moods. Yukon and Eion were certainly living up to their Rising Star Duo and he did enjoy mentoring them, but August thought Annie could breathe new vision into the Daily Dragon as well. As an exemplary writer and artist, Annie’s tenure as Editor would give her two years to transform the paper-- maybe more, if she could inspire the rest of the staff during those years.

Ho gauged her reaction carefully. “If it would make you feel better and you didn’t mind, I have ideas for assistants to take on after you? We could have them sit in on Editor meetings as well. I understand sixth and seventh years are very serious studying loads and want to give you every support in this position.”

setting Daily Dragon First meeting, September 2049 || with The artist girls
appearance 5'9", 157 lbs, glasses || wearing All black
status The Editor Pitch

Are we dancing
are we really here
Is this feeling something real
or will it disappear
Are we dancing
does the music soar
Was this lovely song I hear
ever heard before