Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Main Role-play
New York, New York Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:50 pm
User Image
Amélie "Wyven" Oxton
Location: NYC, Eva's location - Mood: Serious - Gear: Sigma Team Armor and stun gun

Noting the Detective's abilities she tossed the flame ball forward, only to have it vanish before landing. "I can create fire and manipulate it. It’s why I was chosen for Sigma." Getting out of the vehicle Amélie stayed near the vehicle, keeping an eye out for trouble. Yet it had found them as another car pulled up, because of her abilities she reached for the stun gun she was issued. Receiving the paper work she read it over and over. "I wouldn’t answer the question. Give me a second to call it in." Reaching in the car for the dragon skull helmet she tapped the ear piece, calling her commanding officer. A few moments of head bobbing followed by walking back to Eva. "My CO says I do what you want Ma'am. I answer to you and my boss." Keeping her hand near the stun gun as she eyed the Agent. Having not heard of the branch she was a little suspicious of the man, and the confused look from Detective James meant powers were useless.

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Agent Tony Masters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:31 pm
User Image User Image User Image

Eva Albright
Botanical

Eva's good, and the even flirtatious mood was about to be ruined, though she didn't know it as she watched the black sedan pull up to the van. FBI? CIA? Neither of them had a reason to be here. While Jame went to get what he could from the vehicle, Eva moved to intercept the individual who had exited the car and was approaching the crime scene. Before she could speak he cut her off and announce he'd be taking over her investigation, much to her annoyance. He certainly had the pompous swagger of the FBI she thought as she looked over the papers he handed her with Amelie. She waited for the young Sigma agent to come back before addressing Agent Malvyr, fixing him with her fiery green eyes. "I'm afraid Providence has jurisdiction over matters involving Deviant crime. Unless I hear otherwise from my superiors I will not be handing over this case, nor will I be answering your questions." She had never heard of this new task force, and as far as she was concerned the documents could easily be fraudulent. "Now I must politely ask you to leave Agent Malvyr, before you contaminate the scene."

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Ghost_Rios

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Rhyming Demon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:40 am
He pinched the bridge of his nose quickly losing his patience. Especially not only had he tried to be diplomatic with situation, but they waved off his warrant like it was monopoly money. He would show them his badge but at this point he had a feeling they would treat like it’s something he got from a toy store. So instead he went with a much more direct approach. “Obviously you’re not taking this matter seriously, or me for that matter,” he replied. He then spoke into his ear piece, and spoke into it to an unseen person not caring if those present would feel threatened or not at this point. “I‘m going to need back up, things are escalating, like you predicted they would if providence showed up. I have three providence members, armed and dangerous, refusing to aid in a federal matter, and refusing my warrant.” He then turned back to the providence members, and spoke to them.

“I wish the people of the United States felt as confident in your capabilities, but they do not. You are simply proving that you share the sentiments of Dominion and the notion of that deviants are better than humans.” He knew some of his comments probably would sting, especially the emphasis on 'people' insinuating deviants were less than such. He then continued on, “You are the exact reason my division within the federal agency was created. We could’ve either gone about this peacefully and worked on this case together. But instead you decided to try and bully me out of this case. You have no warrants, and I have not seen a badge from any of you. Which means by -law- only person who -does- have jurisdiction here is myself. Now I already given you a court approved warrant, I would show you my badge but I get the feeling you would just laugh and scoff at it.” Right now as he droned on about their incompetence to follow legal regulations, he didn’t expect them to care or listen to what he had to say, he only hoped he would be distraction enough for backup to arrive, that or they'ed do something criminally stupid like assault a federal agent.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:17 pm
David Knox

Michael would decline their invitation and go about his own life. When Nova arrived back at her apartment she would find two officers in uniform standing outside the door and if she got close enough they'd see a man in a suit with a badge hanging around his neck. He was a tall and rather skinny man with brown hair that was neatly brushed back. He wore a black suit and had sunglasses in his coat pocket. In his right hand he was holding a coffee from some diner down the street. It was probably the walking detective stereotype. When the officers in uniform saw the girl they called back to the detective who came out of the room to see what was going on. "Mrs. Primrose, I'd like to speak with you." If they were close enough they'd see that the badge hanging around his neck was from the NYPD so they could probably theorize someone had done something to their apartment to set them up. That didn't necessarily mean that cooperation was the wrong move here.

Company: Nova | Abilities: None? | Occupation: Detective?

Khaleesi Angel

xLulie

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

xLulie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:17 am
User Image

Nova Primrose
Powermouse
"She may be small, but she is mighty"

Nova had enjoyed getting to know Marianna, she didn't delve much into the 'power' subject as she never really liked telling people what she could do -she didn't really understand it herself. Marianna decided to go her own way for now, leaving Nova to head back to her own apartment. Nova walked up the stairs towards her apartment as she reached into her right pocket for her apartment key she could hear voices in the hallway. She instantly became a little nervous, however continued to walk around the corner until she faces her doorway in which they were standing.

Nova could feel the hairs on her back standing up, she was so nervous and confused. She had given away their location already, so she may as well follow through. Nova looked behind her, thinking about running. She didn't want people to finally know about her, she just wanted to continue singing down at the bar she worked at.

As they got closer, Nova noticed the badges on the last mans suit, "NYPD?" she thought to herself, still as confused as when she first saw them. Her front door opened, making her tense and take a step forward in frustration, that was her apartment, what the hell were they doing in it? Her fists clenched, but she listened to what he had to say.

"Well you obviously already broke into my apartment, so can I at least come in to talk?" she said, a little bit of frustration in her voice as she spoke in a confrontational manner. Nova needed to know what had gone on in her apartment, she had only just moved in and couldn't believe this was already happening.

Nine1122

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:06 pm
User Image
Amélie "Wyven" Oxton
Location: NYC, Eva's location - Mood: Serious - Gear: Sigma Team Armor and stun gun

Placing a hand on her heart she faked being offend. The man was a clown in bigger then his head. "I’m sorry. I’m sorry your sorry a** isn’t enough to keep Dominion at by. I’m sorry you think you’re so above the law that some member of Providence haven’t heard of your branch. And sorry you’re so proud and butt hurt that you think you can just join up without even asking first." She looked to the warrant once more. "This isn’t even signed by a judge!" Taping at the blank line where a judges name should have been written. She looked to Eva and then tapped her own ear piece. "... yes commander... got a guy claiming to be with the government... no it isn’t, check my footage... Sure Calvary can come by... Of course I'll keep her safe... see you fifteen." Releasing the ear piece and looking back to the agent. "Providence forces are in route. And you are hindering an investigation." Pulling out her Providence military ID. "The polite thing Agent Jacque Off is to introduce yourself first with an idea and not a piece of unsigned garbage."

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Rhyming Demon

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Married 100

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:21 pm

Eva Albright
Botanical

Eva raised an eyebrow at Agent Malvyr who apparently took offence to her not simply allowing some random person onto the scene of a crime, or start divulging important information about the case. It was a hard-fought battle to suppress the snort of derision as he called them armed and dangerous and requested backup when none of them had done anything remotely threatening. Okay maybe a small snort managed to escape, but if he was that afraid of the three of them, she would like to see him in the war zone that was the central USA with the Dominion bearing down on him. He would likely need to change his pants if he ever met Collision in person. Oh, the irony of him claiming she was the bully when he did nothing but spout insults. However, Eva knew better than to rise to his insults. He wasn't the first, nor would he be the last to attempt to bait a Providence agent just to cry victim if they ever retaliated.

It was difficult to not laugh or grin while Amelie started laying into the ‘federal agent’. Doing so would be extremely unprofessional, but it was nice to see the man who was trying to desperately to bully her into standing down get a taste of his own medicine, as Amelia pointed out a lot of things Eva was thinking. If it wasn’t for Providence the Dominion would have long taken over the world and the pompous male standing in front of her would at best be a second-class citizen, much like the invalids in Gattaca, and at worse a slave or perhaps dead with an attitude like his. Then out of the blue Amelie stated the warrant wasn’t signed. Eva was certain she had seen a signature when she looked over the warrant, and she didn’t think bluffing would work on this particular individual. Just looking at his suit, hair and even the way he carried himself, he seemed to the type to call bluffs. That and it wouldn’t look good with someone who was already against Providence. She would have to speak to Amelie, however now wasn’t the time. “I’m sure you can understand that forging a warrant, or even a badge, is easy enough to do with today’s technology and I would hardly be a professional if I accepted any paper or badge from an individual I don’t know from a department I’ve never heard of without having it vetted and confirmed first.” Eva responded coolly and calmly. “Until I get such confirmation I cannot allow an unknown entity on the scene of a crime. Now if you will excuse me, I have a phone call to make. Amelie, please make sure he doesn’t touch anything….Don’t harm him either.” She felt it best to add the last bit given Amelia apparent hot hotheadedness. She gave a wary glance to both Amelie and the agent, before taking a cautious step away as if afraid a shootout might break out the second she turned her back.

Tigerlvr_Bailey
Ghost_Rios
Rhyming Demon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:38 pm
He first looked at his writ to double check if it indeed it was unsigned, which it clearly was, but the incompetence of the “militant” providence agent didn’t surprise him given her accusation of -not- introducing himself, which is precisely was actually the first thing he did when he first arrive was give them his name. However he decided to ignore Amelia as it was obvious she wasn’t the one charge.

Eva however did have a valid point that he could easily, have forged, which means he as far as they knew could be secretly with Dominion. That was something he would have to begrudgingly empathize and even maybe sympathize with in-spite of his own personal opinions of providence. As Eva left it was that precise moment he got a phone call “Back up is going to be a negative, Agent Malvyr.” Malvyr would seem to be perplexed when getting his information, just as things were getting worse than he had expected. “What do you mean no back up?” He said with an angry tone. “We’re in process of verifying your legitimacy with their superiors. Once that’s been done, and once those present have confirmation of such you are to give your cooperation with them for now.” Malvyr only seemed more frustrated at this point pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a sigh before responding to the unseen voice, buzzing in his ear peace. At this point Malvyr felt more like a liability in this case than someone who was beneficial, as all four of them were vulnerable as long as he was present. He was more useful in neutralizing threats, and usually he had a human counter part to aid him. But he also knew the case had developed into unforeseen ways that weren’t expected. Like that the victim was likely the current providence agent in charge as an example. He then responded with a one word response, “Understood.”  

Rhyming Demon

Ghost_Rios

Dangerous Husband

10,600 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:12 am
User Image
Amélie "Wyven" Oxton

Rolling her eyes a chuckle escaped, Eva making sure that the fire girl didn’t kill the poor sod. Amélie remained between the agent and the crime scene. "Shaking in yer wee boots? I thought you were suppose to be this big bad agent of some agency that one no has ever heard of." She teased, armed folded a crossed her armored chest. "Look...if you wanted in, and want cooperation, you don’t role up like John Wayne in True Grit and Fire those pistols." Moving a hand down to rest on the stun gun, in case he decides to be violent. "Decent weather we're having."

Deadly_Tiger

Tigerlvr_Bailey

Rhyming Demon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:34 pm
David Knox

As Nova came closer to her apartment she would be able to see the mess inside. Her apartment had been overturned violently and on the floor there was a body. The body leaked red from it's head and beside it a broken lamp held a red smear to pull the puzzle together. "Mrs. Primrose, where were you tonight?" David asked as he stepped in the way of the horrid sight. The fact she was not being arrested was likely to her benefit. It meant she was not a suspect or at least not the prime suspect. The dead man on the floor would not be recognizable. Apart from the fact that his smashed in face made it hard to identify him, he really was a nobody. Some random person pulled off the streets to make a point. David didn't let her into her apartment as it had become a crime scene and he had a job to do.

Khaleesi Angel

xLulie

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

HomacXross7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:50 pm
Deadly_Tiger

(So sorry for the late reply)

The bushes once again rattle, more then the last time "Oh yes yes yes, i should mind my own busness, and i shall, but first things first i have one question, would you rather run or surrender? The authorities might come and-" In that moment two arms reach around the woman one over and around her chest and the othe her neck with the hand covering her mouth and in almost a second from her view she is zipped from her position in the park to the outside of it and standing next to her is a silloete of what looks like a cat person holding a walkie talkie " maybe take you away if they see two men standing in a park a few paces away from a body hehehe"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:01 am
User Image

Nova Primrose
Powermouse

Nova managed to catch a glimpse of her apartment and the state it was in and instantly tensed her fists as she tried to hold back her anger. "I've only just moved in there... what the hell happened to all my stuff?" she said, still trying to remain calm with her voice, although her body language showing something totally different.

Nova then looked again as the detective moved in front of her, she managed to catch a quick sighting of the body on the ground and instantly gasped. "Is that a body? Was someone in my apartment? Are they dead?!" she said, her voice becoming more panicked and loud as she asked the questions, almost rhetorical.

She looked at the detective again, and loosened her fists as she thought back to this questions, did he know about her? was he trying to take her captive for tests? who was he? - all these questions went flying around her head. "I.. I was at a friends apartment, after I finished my shift.. why?" she answering, not a complete lie, but pretty much one.

Nine1122

xLulie

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:21 pm
David Knox

"We will have to call your friend when we get back to the station." David surmised as he scratched his eyebrow. He shifted and looked at the body on the ground in the apartment again before addressing Nova again. "I'm going to need you to come with me. My sergeant will want to speak with you about the homicide." After saying that he turned to the two officers in uniform. "I'll send the rest of forensics back up here when I get to my car." David turned and began walking. "Come along, Miss Primrose." He said over his shoulder. A moment after speaking he seemed to stop and catch himself as if realizing he'd done something wrong but he said nothing of it and kept walking. If Nova didn't voluntarily follow before he said that, she'd find it nearly impossible to stop herself from following him. He would lead them out to his car and along the way they would see the rest of the forensics team heading up as well as a few other detectives questioning nearby occupants.

xLulie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:18 pm
User Image

Nova Primrose
Powermouse

Nova gulped, it was hard for her to swallow at the moment due to how scared and uncomfortable she felt. She stared through the slight gap in her door and almost couldn't take in what was happening, she just wanted to live a normal life. "Someone is playing a sick joke on me..." she said, as she then came back to as he told her to come with him. Nova stood for a second and thought about her options, her eyes looking at her surroundings while her head remained still. "I don't want them to know.. do they already know?" she thought to herself, as she then turned and watched the detective walk away.

Nova couldn't help but feel slightly intrigued, she wasn't getting back into her apartment soon anyway, and she supposed she could always smash her way through a prison cell if that's where she was heading. Slightly jogging after him, Nova followed after and out of the building to his car. "Can you please tell me what's going on? I'm just a part-time singer at a bar, honestly.." she said, as she looked around to see other people in her apartment block being questioned. Was she the main suspect here? What was happening?

Nine1122

xLulie

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:59 am
David Knox

David did not immediately reply to Nova. In fact he didn't say anything until they were both sitting in the car. Once he got in he pulled the badge from around his neck and tossed it onto the passenger side seat. He took a deep breath and pulled out of the parking lot with Primrose in the back. "Sit still. A man was murdered in your apartment. You weren't there." David began to explain. Oddly, after he had said the words 'sit still' Nova would find it incredibly difficult to move her body. He was certainly more than he had made himself seem. "The police will suspect it was you. When you disappear and they find a plane ticket out of the country they will believe it." David knew a thing or two about setting up a scene. He had what he had come for, her. The guise had worked. They would not be going to the police station.

Company: Nova | Abilities: Command Inducement | Occupation: Unclear

xLulie

Main Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas