Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:01 pm
Eyeless_Gaara
I pray and worship many gods and goddess, Because not one god can do the same thing, for example if someone does near to me I pray to bran the blessed. But when my sister was getting pregnant I prayed to the goddess Ceridwen. My father went to war I pray to Morrigan each full moon. But while I am in meditation I pray to the mother Goddess Danu. So I mean I guess you can worship one god but that one god can't be the only one.

So would you describe yourself as more of Pantheonist? All of the deities you've listed are from the various Celtic pantheons.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:33 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
decembermoon23
Anii Christ [saves!]
my main two, the ones i refer to as mother and father, are cernunnos and lilith.
i'm an eclectic, if you hadn't noticed. xd

I love Lilith...
Why? She's not exactly the nicest of mythological characters.

EXACTALLY!!! she wasn't afraid to speak her mind.. or do what she wanted.

I guess it's just the little feminist in me  

decembermoon23

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:17 pm
decembermoon23
Nihilistic Seraph
decembermoon23
Anii Christ [saves!]
my main two, the ones i refer to as mother and father, are cernunnos and lilith.

I love Lilith...

Okay, there's a difference between speaking your mind and vowing to kill the descendants of Adam for ever-more.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:53 am
decembermoon23
Nihilistic Seraph
decembermoon23
Anii Christ [saves!]

I love Lilith...

Feminism, okay whatever. But there is a difference between feminism and vowing to kill all descendent s of adam and eve. Technically that means everybody. Does that mean you want to kill us???????????  

Guitarhero356

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:32 pm
decembermoon23

Not that I'm trying to second guess you or anything, but I am curious... There are many goddesses who have done exactly what they've wanted and were unafraid to speak their minds; it's not a character trait that's unique to Lilith. What is more unique to Lilith is that she had no male conterpart or consort, which makes me very surprised that you work with her in conjunction to Cernunnous. The two don't seem comperable in my mind, and Lilith certainly doesn't strike me as the sort who would want to work with any sort of male energy.

To be feminist is fine, but to adopt as a patron a Summerian demon, known for feasting on the blood of new born infants (male especially) and for having vowed revenge on the entire human race... What does that say for your brand of feminism? Lilith, fo me, is a prime example of why I wish people whould keep politics and religion seperate; she may have refused to bow down under Adam, but there's a lot about her personality that's unattractive. And to me, it's not wise to over look that in the name of women's lib. Same thing goes for goddesses like Kali or the Morrighan; you can't really sugar coat a goddess of destruction or one who's most common nickname is "The Reveler Among the Slain." That brutal, bloody side is a part of them that eventually needs to be recognized and acknowledged.

I'm gonoing to stick with Rhiannon; she may have been forced by her husband to carry guests to the hall on her back like a horse after being accused of eating her son, but she proved repeatedly that she was far more clever than any of her male counterparts. And didn't eat babies.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:56 pm
Guitarhero356
decembermoon23
Nihilistic Seraph
decembermoon23
Anii Christ [saves!]

I love Lilith...

Feminism, okay whatever. But there is a difference between feminism and vowing to kill all descendent s of adam and eve. Technically that means everybody. Does that mean you want to kill us???????????

WHOA.... chill out... i didn't say I agreed with everything about her.. just that I liked her.. yes I am a sadistic individual and I like to see others suffer.. but I AM NOT causing the suffering.. so yes i get a sick sense of enjoyment out of the thought of her vowing to kill the decendents of adam and eve... but thats because i believe in EVOLUTION so i can also see the irony in that statement... so being that I DON'T believe in the all mighty and don't believe that we all decend from two individuals... I find Lilith entertaining... and enjoyable  

decembermoon23

decembermoon23

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:59 pm
Gypsy Blue
decembermoon23

Not that I'm trying to second guess you or anything, but I am curious... There are many goddesses who have done exactly what they've wanted and were unafraid to speak their minds; it's not a character trait that's unique to Lilith. What is more unique to Lilith is that she had no male conterpart or consort, which makes me very surprised that you work with her in conjunction to Cernunnous. The two don't seem comperable in my mind, and Lilith certainly doesn't strike me as the sort who would want to work with any sort of male energy.

To be feminist is fine, but to adopt as a patron a Summerian demon, known for feasting on the blood of new born infants (male especially) and for having vowed revenge on the entire human race... What does that say for your brand of feminism? Lilith, fo me, is a prime example of why I wish people whould keep politics and religion seperate; she may have refused to bow down under Adam, but there's a lot about her personality that's unattractive. And to me, it's not wise to over look that in the name of women's lib. Same thing goes for goddesses like Kali or the Morrighan; you can't really sugar coat a goddess of destruction or one who's most common nickname is "The Reveler Among the Slain." That brutal, bloody side is a part of them that eventually needs to be recognized and acknowledged.

I'm gonoing to stick with Rhiannon; she may have been forced by her husband to carry guests to the hall on her back like a horse after being accused of eating her son, but she proved repeatedly that she was far more clever than any of her male counterparts. And didn't eat babies.

I'm not the one that works with Lilith and Cernunnos... that was someone else i just commented that i liked lilith too.... I don't "work" with lilith, just observe, have conversations with her when i'm in a "i hate men" mood...

your question and post is directed towards someone else...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:25 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Why would you want to worship a creature that vowed to prey eternally on the descendants of Adam and Eve?
I wonder if thats where i get my loathing of the whole human race myself included. I try not to do that so much but we just screwed this planet up you know? Not to mention there are so many people who dont appreciate the lifes they are given! oh i get so angry at humanity sometimes!!! evil

To answer this question maby its because you relate? I dont trust her personaly but thats my own paranioa everyones out to get poor mousey gonk and that whole feeding on babys mother of demons things. ninja  

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:48 pm
decembermoon23

I'm not the one that works with Lilith and Cernunnos... that was someone else i just commented that i liked lilith too.... I don't "work" with lilith, just observe, have conversations with her when i'm in a "i hate men" mood...

your question and post is directed towards someone else...

Sorry hun! My computer must have glitched when I was trying to quote the post in question.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:43 pm
decembermoon23
WHOA.... chill out... i didn't say I agreed with everything about her.. just that I liked her.. yes I am a sadistic individual and I like to see others suffer.. but I AM NOT causing the suffering.. so yes i get a sick sense of enjoyment out of the thought of her vowing to kill the decendents of adam and eve... but thats because i believe in EVOLUTION so i can also see the irony in that statement... so being that I DON'T believe in the all mighty and don't believe that we all decend from two individuals... I find Lilith entertaining... and enjoyable

Actually, if we look at the mDNA and Y-chromosone tracks into the past, we all descend from one man and one woman who are known as Adam and Eve. (Not that they actually lived in the same time period or that they were the only humans, but the others who lived at the time had their tracks cut off...).

So technically, evolution supports the Adam and Eve thing, just not in the traditional way razz ... (I don't know who Lilith would be though... maybe the bacteria... or maybe the bacteria are working under her... hmmm...)  

Esteloth

Mildly Narcissistic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:41 am
I've always felt the most empathy with Artemis, being a strong feminist and a bit of a fighter. I'm also quite chaste and often think for myself.
But I feel the Muses often visit me, as a writer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:05 am
You may want to be careful though. Apollo and Artemis don't make a good combination, or so hear.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

justGhostie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:13 am
Earlier on in the thread, everyone talked about being 'called' by a certain diety. If at all possible, could someone tell me what exactly that was, or what happened? Unless thats not allowed, then im sorry for the question ><  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:10 pm
~Ghost of a Rose~
Earlier on in the thread, everyone talked about being 'called' by a certain diety. If at all possible, could someone tell me what exactly that was, or what happened? Unless thats not allowed, then im sorry for the question ><
you can be called by a deity, I mean Aphrodite made contact with me afer I was ready to accept her.  

Guitarhero356

Pelta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:20 pm
~Ghost of a Rose~
Because there are quite a number of deities to a polythiest, choosing which to work with can be quite mindboggling. It's also often seen as disrespectful just to pick and choose your deities according to which traits appeal to you. Most pagans I know tend to forge a relationship with their deities, which leads to why sometimes we just get 'claimed' or chosen. The gods have personalities and preferences too. Some of them will actively take an interest in some mortals' lives before that person has come to work with them. It is possible to be under a god's protection for quite some time without knowing which it is. So when you figure out who's your benefactor it's like knowing a god has claimed you and is watching over you even though you didn't know it. It's a pretty beautiful feeling.

Keep in mind they all have their preferences in who they choose as well. I couldn't for the life of me work with the Morrigan as I'm not Celtic nor in any way war-like. Apollo would have been easier for me to work with because he likes musicians. To some extent. As long as you don't challenge him. whee  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff