Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
"You only dress that way for attention." Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do you dress this way?
  I love fashion/clothes
  I want to, it's none of your business
  For attention ^o^
  My friends dress this way
  To express my individuality
  Other
View Results

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:58 pm
It's a little bit annoying when people say that to me. But I don't pay it that much attention.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:34 pm
Little Miss Lunacy
I have/had a French teacher who CONSTANTLY said this to me. No matter how I tried to explain to her that that wasn't the case, she would ignore it and convince herself that she knew what she was talking about. She was relentless.

Does it bother you when people say that?
Why do you dress the way you do?

I dress the way I do, because it shows my individuality, and kind of a part of who I am....  

Devils_lilboy

ketchakik

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:46 pm
i like to dress like this......i do like the attention too but not the odd stares from the "normal" ppl  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:54 am
I've been dressing the way I have since I was 12, and I've had people that said it to me then not talk to me for years and then they see me and say "you're still dressing like that?"

I don't let it bother me anymore, I think it's funny making people stare. Plus the little kids point and think it's cool.  

VampiBear

Outside The In Crowd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:09 am
People say stuff like that to me all the time. This little five-year-old pointed at me and said, "Look what she's wearing!" You learn to live with it. But pretty much all my friends are just as or more gothic than I am. And there's a big gang of us so no one says anything too bad...Except one time when a guy called Keiran called one of my friends an ugly whore and Scary Mary (which is her name to everyone in the school except her friends). I threw him against the wall and told him that if he ever made fun of me or any of my friends again I'd kill him. Good times.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:30 pm
I absolutely hate it when people say that. I do not dress this way for attension. I dress the way I like, and I'm not going to change that because of what anybody else says. I hate lot's of attension, and I dress the way I want to, I like the way I dress, and I will always dress this way, not for attension, but for being myself and for not being a mindless drone that always has to follow the crowd.

X~.McRfan.~X

Sisemen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:15 pm
I love black, I like the way it looks on me so I always wear it. I only have one coat and it's a long black drover's coat, I've wanted one for years and so I bought one. I like boots not tennis shoes or slip on shoes and I like my boots black. I keep my boots polished and I take good care of them. I don't wear makeup or try to lighten my skin, I just like the way I dress. The only comments that I've ever heard about the way I look is that I'm often misstaken for a priest. Funny I've never seen a priest wearing a top hat or a durby as I often do  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:44 pm
I chose more than just a fashion I chose a life style... and why is not anyone's bussiness but my own. When people stare it's because they hate that my everyday fashion is their once a year rinky-dink Halloween costume. Only better made and much more expensive. Not only that it makes me laugh when people stare at me and my friends when out and about. Our clothing is not just a fashion statement but a "sub culture" and if they don't like it tough. This country was built on the thought and belief in tolerance if they don't like it don't look. Besides people notice what they want to notice; if they wanted to notice the positive things about our "group" they'd notice things like closer friendships and a more peacefull driven people. Not the glorified Hollywood portrait of self mutalation and Satanism/Paganism, or who knows what other bull is out there. By the way for the record "NOT EVERYONE WHO CHOOSES TO BE GOTHIC IS A PAGAN OR A SATANIST" and if that's what you believe you had better look into History of what it means to be Gothic. Which was a trend set by the Vatican Church in Rome near the end of the Cruisades incase you don't know... which is why crosses and other symbols of the sort relate to this "fashion and/or life style." We have the Metal Heads who dressed in gothic clothing and listened to the most common type of music, usually some version of heavy metal, and just happened to do something stupid enough to get them selves caught. Which landed the rest of us with a bad steriotype...

We're people just like the kids who wear the other brand name clothing, we just have a different life style that dates back way before American Eagle and The Gap.

"Do unto thy brother as ye would have him do unto thee" or better known as "Treat others the way you'd want to be treated." The golden rule we've heard since before we knew how to drool and the older we get the more full of s**t we realize that rule is.

Alma_Libre

kayla1234098

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:55 pm
People say that to me all the time, especially since I just started to last year, some people thought it was fake or whatever, but I just finally stopped caring and dressed how I wanted to so I relized if they were going to judge me like that I dont need them in my life.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:26 pm
I've been told that but it's not true in anyway.

I love how I look if people stare at me or not I'll still be the way I am.

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:28 am
I know a few who are Pagans and Satanists. I also know some who are Christians, and one that was Jewish. It has nothing to do with religion.

Anyway, it is pretty funny when they stare at you, but it starts to get uncomfortable. I don't generally wear all black, but I so sometimes, and most of the time something I have on is black. And I agree with the person above who said they would still dress this way no matter what. Its not about being different, or being the same, it's just about being you and being happy. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:37 pm
I guess teenagers who dress like goths or punks are usually thought to be going through a faze or that they want attention because sometimes it's true. Heaps of kids do that.
If it is true then they'll get over it and be themselves eventually. If it's not then these people will just have to think that it's a really, really, really long faze.

Luckily for me, no-one said that to me when I was a teenager.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Stargazer Dante

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:55 pm
i dont dress that way for attention,i like the style,i like to be individual

BELIEVE ME,shen i want to be noticed,when me and my friends are bored,ill put on a robe with long hanging sleeve things(from haloween)and cut a line through the middle of it,and wear it as a jacket,lol.ill wave at people in cars,one person called her friend.its not attention as much as its trying to have something to laugh about tho,thats what ill do stuff like that for,laughs.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:57 pm
i also dress that way bcuz i love the sub-culture,it makes me happy dressing like that,knowing im being who i am.  

Stargazer Dante

Endlos Blut Staub

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:13 pm
My seven habits teacher in 8th grade told me that constantly, so does my mother, and my grandmother. What makes me sad about the whole thing is that I get put down for it. But then I'm like, "What ever guys. I look good." I like the way I dress. : )  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff