Hot Topic?
View Results

[ Anubis ]

9,000 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:10 pm
Hot Topic has some neat stuff but for the most part, I think they suck. Their clothing does not stay together very well. I don't know, I used to shop there a lot and now I think it just sucks. I wish I could make my own clothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:13 pm
they sell stuff at interpunk.com and you can find other sites, your not restricted to hot topic people  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Lexiegirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:35 pm
And hot topic is the only place I know that sells atleast semi-gothic clothes (my parents won't let me buy over the internet). What do should you expect when you live 15 minutes from Detroit? CHAVS CHAV CLOTHING STORES AND CHAVS. Plus the people who work at the hot topic near me are my friends. whee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:59 pm
I love hot topics stuff! Their pants are to die for, but that store torments me. I never have enough money to pay for the things it has to offer. Their always so high priced. I saw these gloves that I told myself I couldn't live with out and they costed three times more then I thought they where worth.  

Cyto

AcidDropper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:09 am
Ew, I just put in "Goth-Shop" under search and the first thing that came up

Goth Store
Goth store Online. Shop Target.com

www.Target.com

wtf?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:15 am
Lexiegirl
Calling each other "posers" is just putting you one step closer to becoming a chav. talk2hand It doesn't matter where we shop, all that matters is that deep down you are really living the goth lifestyle. 3nodding To catogorize someone where they shop is just like being a prep, because thats what they do. We're a minority, so we should stick together, not call each other names and base each other by where we shop. 3nodding Well atleast thats how I feel about it. sweatdrop

biggrin your a good person

as for my opinion, I have only been a Hot Topic store once, and the weird thing was, I got looked down upon from the customers, cuz I looked like a real goth. I had just gotten back from Ozzfest, so I was all hyper and looked like s**t [[my hair has never been so frizzy! Curse you Disturbed!]] but everyone else was all calm and clean. Not really preps, just not true goths. The clerk was nice [[and attractive]] but other then that, the one place I should fit in, I don't.

I personally like The Dark Entry, it's my store. The website is s**t compared to the actual store, but still. They had the Will Wonka glasses there, the white goggles, with red lenses yano? eeeeeeeh! I was in love. but WAY to exspensive!! ninja  

AcidDropper

The Deadliest Grace

4,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:57 am
I say that people can shop where they can afford it and like the stuff.

I am a HT addict myself, you should see my wishlist. stare

The people who say that HT shoppers are posers are the real poser for trying to define people they don't even know. cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:13 pm
Cyto
I love hot topics stuff! Their pants are to die for, but that store torments me.

A friend of one of my friends, found out their pants are fire-proof suposely, lol. He had accidently spilled a bit of gasoline on his pants, and later on, (hasn't washed them) when they were messing around, he dropped a lit cigarette on them, they didn't do anything.

I'll admit it: I do shop at HT from time to time. I mostly go for some of their word tees or necklaces. (omg, most of those necklaces are awesome!)

I believe though, that you should mix the stuff you buy from there with other stuff from elsewhere, like Wal-mart or Target or whatever. That way, you're just adding your own little style to it, and not looking like HT version of a model, you know?  

Shadow`s Enigma

Apocalyptic Warrior

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:27 pm
Lexiegirl
What do should you expect when you live 15 minutes from Detroit?

There are quite a few place if you look around. Ferndale, Royal Oak, and Novi all have small alternative stores. "Noir Leather" in Royal Oak is particularly good for fetish or vampire themed styles. If you go to the college towns (downtown Ann Arbor and East Lansing, specifically), you'll find tons of stores. "Middle Earth" in Ann Arbor is a particularly good alternative to Hot Topic, as it's very similar in stock but cheaper and bigger.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:33 pm
emoRockLover
I say that people can shop where they can afford it and like the stuff.

I am a HT addict myself, you should see my wishlist. stare

The people who say that HT shoppers are posers are the real poser for trying to define people they don't even know. cheese_whine

Well, the problem is the instagoths. Shopping at Hot Topic doesn't make you a poser, it's just that many suburban kids "go goth" all at once. Many of these kids only shop at Hot Topic because it's convenient and it makes them unique; one girl who went to my high school, for example, once said "I only shop at Hot Topic because it's what available. If there weren't goth or punk stores around I would care about buying the clothes or dressing that way."

The convenience of Hot Topic has lead to a dramatic rise in instagoths, teenagers who "go goth" all at once by having a huge shopping spree at Hot Topic. This rise has resulted in many legitimate goths questioning "Is Hot Topic actually trying to appeal to goths, or is it just banking on popular trends?".  

GilAskan
Crew

Hitara the Brave

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:13 pm
Hot Topic is more of Punk/Rocker store.

I still buy some shirts there.

Only ones that appeal to me.

Which is only like 1/4 of the store.

Anyone know any good sites that actually have gothicish stuff?

My friend wont tell me due to the fact shes affraid I might leak the site to other people and she'll have to spend another 6 hours lookin' for a site.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:38 pm
Personally, I love almost everything about Hot Topic and their products. But I guess what sucks is how expensive they can be rolleyes . I usually go shop there whenever I can, and I can sometimes afford some of their stuff. But overall, HT ROX!!! 4laugh blaugh

And what do y'all mean by the store being poser-ish, exactly??? confused neutral
*somehow I never knew what the meaning of that redface redface redface *

LadyIntegraHellsing

xXalkalineXx

Friendly Phantom

4,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:16 pm
it used to be alright, but then they started charging so much more and they're clothes and jewelry broke extremely easily. about the only things left that are good there are wrist bands, nail polish, and shoelaces 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:45 pm
i absolutly despise hottopic. its just abercrombie trying to appeal to "those weird kids" and turning the gothic and punk subcultures into horrible, distorted, mockaries of what they used to be. its breeding more and more of those annoying teenagers who are 'just goth enough to worry their parents, but still cool enough to impress their friends'. im not saying that every one that shops at hottopic is hopless poser, im just saying that hottopic is trying to showcase gothic and punk lifestyles as "the hip new fashion trend for teenage rebels" without any reguard to what the lifestyles actually represent.

also, i hate those big, ugly,ridiculously over priced pants with all the s**t hanging off of them. baggy pants are so unflattering. xp  

cheesey

lml G A U G E lml

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:35 am
Not bothering to read all of the other posts... I belive that Hottopic was first meant for punk rockers and ravers. Most people dont relize their logo "Everything about the music." In my mind the title of the store pretty much says it all. They sell things that are popular... like anime... tinker bell.. one time carebears :-/. Can't be poserish if the stores meant to sell a nice variety of merchnedise. If it were to be refered as the "goth store" then its the gothy peoples fault. I love the store.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff