Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Parents and Wicca Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have this problem?
  Yes
  No
  I used to..
View Results

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:41 am
Kuriyaki
Well, when i told my parents, they were actually pretty cool with it. They just had some questions about it and wanted me to explain--and they repeatidly told me that if I ever went to the "weird side" of witchcraft/paganism, that they would personally disown me. (By "weird side" they meant the kind of witchcraft you see Hollywood portray. You know, curses, hexes, killing people, and on and on.) And they still have some problems--occassionally, when I lose my temper, the ask me if I'm going to put a hex on them and that feels like a punch in the gut. Every time. Pretty sure that once the word gets out, though, that my entire Catholic-as-hell family will try to "save me" from "the religion of the damned." I can only hope that I won't snap as I become pissed as hell when I hear that. O_O;; >_>;; <_<;; Hee. lol

My parents tried to save me too by making me watch "the Passion". Didnt work. I knew more about it then they did! lol!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:53 pm
Since I've been little, I could never believe in the Christian faith. I still don't know why but it was just something that I couldn't identify with. Then I told my parents at the age of 7 that I didn't believe in what the preacher was trying to teach me. They denied it until I hit 12. Which was when I found Wicca. Then they tried even harder to get the Christian faith into me but with no luck. So they started making fun of me about my belief. After awhile I told them, "If you two called yourselves adults who follow the Christian faith, I wonder what your God would have to say." Since then, they stopped but they are still a bit close minded. In fact, they really don't talk to me unless they want me to do something, like cook. sweatdrop  

Radioactive Freezer

Faerth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:29 pm
I think that they know, but I haven't told them yet... maybe it's because I was looking through my spell book in front of them sweatdrop ...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:25 pm
well, my parents know that I check out books on wicca from the library, and they really don't care. I just guess im lucky!  

Devil_Heart_Cry

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:08 pm
Beatrice_McDumples
well, my parents know that I check out books on wicca from the library, and they really don't care. I just guess im lucky!

i wish i was that lucky. crying crying crying my rents would have skinned me then and there!  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:13 pm
WitchyBoy
Beatrice_McDumples

i wish i was that lucky. crying crying crying my rents would have skinned me then and there!

I do not see why some parents care so much. Mine don't care at all. And to all those intolerant bastards out there:

CE QUE LA BAISE EST CETTE MERDE ? ! L'OMS LA BAISE SONT VOUS POUR DICTER LA CROYANCE D'AUTRES ? ! VOTRE DIEU DÉTESTE VOTRE ÂNE FONDAMENTALISTE ! POURQUOI PAS TOUR VOS EFFORTS À QUELQUE CHOSE UTILE, COMME AIDER LES PAUVRES ? !

French is such a great language for ranting.  

Playgunny

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:53 pm
parents have and forever shall be a huge thorn in the sides of the collective youth of the world but they mean well. in turn when we become parents we too will become the thorns.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:45 am
I didn't really have this problem per se. My dad is an agnostic and my mom is lightly Christian. I lived with them through college, when I started practicing and they were OK once they found out. At first I was afraid my dad give me a hard time because I believed in something without empirical data, but he gave me only a slight ribbing.

But I am a parent and so I can also see this from a parent's perspective. Because I'm pagan, I obviously wouldn't have a problem if my daughter studied witchcraft. However, I know I'd be a bit hurt if she became a born again Christian because she would have rejected something I hold very dear. I think that's probably what a lot of parents feel when their children choose to walk a different path. Then when you throw in the Christian belief that those who reject Christ will burn in hell... It must be very hard for them.  

Rowan MacGregor

Playgunny

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:44 am
Quote:
But I am a parent and so I can also see this from a parent's perspective. Because I'm pagan, I obviously wouldn't have a problem if my daughter studied witchcraft. However, I know I'd be a bit hurt if she became a born again Christian because she would have rejected something I hold very dear. I think that's probably what a lot of parents feel when their children choose to walk a different path. Then when you throw in the Christian belief that those who reject Christ will burn in hell... It must be very hard for them.

It must be. I have heard of a Catholic father who killed his Daughter over it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:27 am
Louis XIII
Quote:

It must be. I have heard of a Catholic father who killed his Daughter over it.

So in his view, she gets sent to hell faster? I don't get his reasoning there....

Must have been insane  

Rowan MacGregor

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:18 am
Now that I'm older, we just don't talk about it.

But I remember once when I was younger, we were arguing. My dad bursts out with, "You're going to hell!"

And I, in my hotheaded youth replied, "Oh yeah?! AT LEAST I'LL BE WITH ALL MY FRIENDS!" and slammed the door, leaving.

It wasn't so nice, I'll admit. But I have to say, it stopped a lot of arguements thereafter. I think that was one of the first times I 'stood up for myself' to my dad. I felt horrible afterwards, but like I said, he just tries not to bring up the subject anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:55 pm
well. they know i don't agree with the catholic teachings but they just think some of my friends are into wicca, not me. i'd rather keep it that way but i know that they'll figure it out eventually. sweatdrop
i envy those people who have parents that really don't care. my dad says i have to believe what ever he believes until i move out. hopfully that will be soon... college is only two years away, sort of...  

emo_hippie_chick

iRayneMoon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:46 pm
I haven't told them. They'll die. Both my parents are christian and I'm bi, which they found out about. (i didn't tell them) So this is just going to be another disappointment. They'll freak and say,"You're turning away from God because you're bisexual and you are wrong. We are right, we don't want you to burn in hell. So we are going to church every Sunday until you're 18 to stop this abomination." *gag*
Honestly, I can remember being a child and sitting in church wanting to leave. I felt sick and numb at the same time. I just wanted to leave! I hated church. I still do! I think my parents will take it equally as hard. My brother already thinks I've always tried to be "different" and this is just another sign of my rebellion against them or something like that. rolleyes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:18 pm
SophitiaMarieAlexander
....we are going to church every Sunday until you're 18 to stop this abomination.... rolleyes

Going to church makes you a Christian just as much as going into a garage makes you a car. rolleyes  

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Philod

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:46 pm
ha! i'll have to remember that quote later... I like it.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games