Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Official Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply Welcome To The Deck Luv
Why do people like Will? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will?
  Yay!
  No!
  Pollwhore!
View Results

[jessii]

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:59 am
User Image User Image User Image

That's got to be the best pirate I've ever seen!

-----------------
I think Will is pretty cute, the way he knows NOTHING about piracy and still tries so hard. ^^

"Arrr, avast!"

XD
-----------------

So it would seem.

User Image User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:47 pm
Hah!
That line still makes me laugh.
Good times with PotC 1, good times.
(Cracks up again.)

r u m - r e g g a e

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kuae

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:24 pm
Shadow__Dweller
I think Will is popular because he's all heroic and innocent and brave...he's the stereotypical hero..Orlando always is in all his films...and if that's the sort of thing you like..then you'd love Will 3nodding he's the typical romantic dashing hero.

for me though, I prefer jack all the way xp much more interesting and much more original. that's just my opinion though.

I have to agree. Plus, Will has no substance. I mean, great, he's got looks. So does Jack Sparrow. But Johnny plays the character in a much more interesting way. Will is the bland, stereotypical hero type, and that honestly doesn't do it for me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:33 pm
Marlena-Arielle
I think Will's an allright guy.
I mean, he'll never be a Norrington,
and definitly not a Sparrow in my book,
(maybe in other's)
But still, I'd never insult him,
especially not after AWE.

So, who cares if people think he's sexy,
or if people think he's ugly.
Will's never done anything to hurt you.
so don't bash the boy, please.

I am all for the defense of Will Turner!
Who's with me?!!

pirate scream

I gotta say i completely agree with that 3nodding  

amakama

Mangachick86

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:56 pm
amakama
Marlena-Arielle
I think Will's an allright guy.
I mean, he'll never be a Norrington,
and definitly not a Sparrow in my book,
(maybe in other's)
But still, I'd never insult him,
especially not after AWE.

So, who cares if people think he's sexy,
or if people think he's ugly.
Will's never done anything to hurt you.
so don't bash the boy, please.

I am all for the defense of Will Turner!
Who's with me?!!

pirate scream

I gotta say i completely agree with that 3nodding

I have to agree as well. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:10 pm
You have to admire the journey Will Turner has gone through throughout the trilogy. In CotBP, his main goal in life was winning the love of Elizabeth Swann. He knew next to nothing about his background and had the naive black-and-white view of the world that made him so endearing. Everyone fit into the category of good or evil. By the end of the movie, he was still head-over-heels for Elizabeth, but Jack Sparrow had shown him the definition of "gray area."

In DMC, Will developed another goal: to free Bootstrap from imprisonment on the Flying Dutchman. He still loved Liz unconditionally, up until the point when he saw her kissing Jack.

In AWE, however, Will's goal was primarily to free his father, and not to win Liz's heart (as evidenced by his decision to side temporarily with Beckett, against Liz and the pirates). He was no longer the sheltered blacksmith from Port Royal without a history and without a purpose. He was just as "gray" as Jack, in a sense. And, without question, Will's transformation to pirate was complete by the end.

If you don't like the character, at least appreciate the journey.

x.fiendish

KikiSpaghetti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:55 pm
Cause he has soft and bouncy HAAAAAAAAIR......

.....and he's yummy...... heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:05 pm
Will Turner is gorgeous! I mean, who doesn't love him? In the beginning of the first movie, you first see him as a young boy, who had been sailing on a pirate ship, aka, the Black Pearl, Jacks ship, along with his father, Bill Turner, who you meet in the second movie. That is pretty daring and brave, don't you think? I mean, he grew up as a pirate, and then ends up dying as one.  

admlmbrtfn392

Kahbou

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:29 pm
I <3 heart will! he is hot! and he is a little low on personality,,,, unless you dig a bit deeper. he is devoted to elizabeth and his father. he is stubborn, and strong, and smart. he's admirable. i like him. biggrin i like jack better biggrin biggrin not in an (omg! so hot! marry me" kinda way. they're just kewl biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:33 am
[Hockey.Ch!ck]
BEcaUSe!
For one, He is a good actor...
Second he has a good sense of humor...
And THIRDLY And most importantly, He's gorgeous.
heart

Why do you not like him or something?

biggrin I totally agree
He was especially smexy at the end of POTC3....yummy whee heart heart
Now if you do excuse me i'll be attacking elizabeth stare  

Shadowfire7157

Underestimated_Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:54 pm
x.fiendish
You have to admire the journey Will Turner has gone through throughout the trilogy. In CotBP, his main goal in life was winning the love of Elizabeth Swann. He knew next to nothing about his background and had the naive black-and-white view of the world that made him so endearing. Everyone fit into the category of good or evil. By the end of the movie, he was still head-over-heels for Elizabeth, but Jack Sparrow had shown him the definition of "gray area."

In DMC, Will developed another goal: to free Bootstrap from imprisonment on the Flying Dutchman. He still loved Liz unconditionally, up until the point when he saw her kissing Jack.

In AWE, however, Will's goal was primarily to free his father, and not to win Liz's heart (as evidenced by his decision to side temporarily with Beckett, against Liz and the pirates). He was no longer the sheltered blacksmith from Port Royal without a history and without a purpose. He was just as "gray" as Jack, in a sense. And, without question, Will's transformation to pirate was complete by the end.

If you don't like the character, at least appreciate the journey.

I love Will too! Not just because he's hot (giggle) but also because he's pure. He'll love and be loyal to Elizabeth until the Earth implodes. Literaly.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:56 pm
Shadowfire7157
[Hockey.Ch!ck]
BEcaUSe!
For one, He is a good actor...
Second he has a good sense of humor...
And THIRDLY And most importantly, He's gorgeous.
heart

Why do you not like him or something?

biggrin I totally agree
He was especially smexy at the end of POTC3....yummy whee heart heart
Now if you do excuse me i'll be attacking elizabeth stare

The only thing you'll get is an angry Will. Then again, just kiss him, and he'd be so shocked, you could run away. With the memory of kissing him.  

Underestimated_Angel

Shion Strife

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:20 pm
Firstly, I love Will because he is adorable. I won't deny that is my main reason for loving him heart Though I do think he was a good character. Liz and Jack were totally in it for personal gain but Will really wanted to save those he loved.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:48 am
Shion Strife
Firstly, I love Will because he is adorable. I won't deny that is my main reason for loving him heart Though I do think he was a good character. Liz and Jack were totally in it for personal gain but Will really wanted to save those he loved.

I agree 3nodding

amakama

wishy fishey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:03 pm
I agree he is butt ugly and he has a boring personality.=)  
Welcome To The Deck Luv

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff