Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Are your Parents and friends okay with you being Gothic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are they?
  No
  yes
  one not the other
View Results

Suicide Lollies

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:20 pm
Hmm.. My parents don't really like it. My mum puts up with it but she yells at me constantly about my wardrobe. My dad doesn't say anything but I can tell he doesn't like it.

My friend's don't really like it either. I noticed that so whenever I hang around with them, I try to tone down the way I dress. But my friends rather me be a goth than an emo.

My boyfriend doesn't like it too much. That kinda upsets me sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:12 am
My parents dislike me as a goth. But I am slowly warming their hearts to my view of things.

My friends are all individual weirdos, so of course they are fine with it.

My boyfriend I am not to sure of..  

Katashima Laoawen

Jaded Shinobi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:50 am
My parents, aren't - they say they are && they'll exept me no matter what, but its clear, that they think "Goth" is bad. They say they exept all there children. - But - I'm the only gothic child they have, all the others are preppy, redneck, gangsta, F--ks! Once they really opened there eyes, and found out I was goth, they sent my to a shrink, I was like "Umm, you say you exept me no matter what, yet you send me to a shrink!" - So its clear they dont like gothic.

I have been to so many shrinks, once for all the cuts, and burns, and marks all over my arms, once for being goth, once for anger problems, once for blaming my parents for s#%T that was there fualt. -&&- a time or two more.

-So what if I'm masicistic, and pain turns me on, they can't do anything about, they can't stop me from doing it, they can try.

-So what if I'm gothic, its not a bad thing, but parents are parents, its there fault if they push me away.

-So I have an anger problem, I dont get mad easy, I hold all my anger in. - I do it for a certain someone, which will pay for what they have done soon enough. For what he did to me. . . - && - my family.. .. ..

-My parents are devorced and I will get my revenge on my father, for what he has done. . . - But - it is my mother, and fathers fualt that I blame them for f---ing things up. - It is there fualt, even though the shrink said it was mine. . . I know the truth. . . I have the scars to prove it.

-- -- -- -- --MY PARENTS DONT EXEPT ME BEING GOTHIC -- -- -- -- --

But they dont try to stop me, they can't anyway. . .  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:31 pm
my parents are cool with it, my friends can't say anything because there pretty much the same way and if they arent now they were before  

xX x0mbie Xx

Starfish Attack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:42 am
the majority of parents dont want their kids to be goth.

they want them to be just like everyone else.
they just do.
i think weve all heard of the
"they took all of my black clothes away"
and
"wont let me talk to my whatever friends"
just how it is.
they dont like the sense of individuality.
especially if u wanted to start at a young age say
11-13
they might even send you to a shrink.
(nows the time to tell ur shrink how evil ur parents are and how they dont want u to express yourself or be an indivual)
(worked for me ;])

and most other people
of the 'average' variety
want u to be like them to.

now.
your 'friends' not being ok with u being goth.
theyre not ur friends.
ive heard the stories about
'so and so says they wont ever be friends with me if im goth'
THEN THEY ARENT UR FRIEND!
derrr.

also ur friends parents.
ive had many trouble with the parents of my friends who arent
of the alternative scene
they say im an 'influence' and i cant be around so and so

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:54 am
my parents tried to put me in an insane asylum 5 times becauseof it, nope, not ok with it. they still think I'm a dumb s**t insane person going through a mental phase. Mostof my friends still get creeped out by me easily, even after years of knowing me, and no one really knows how deep it goes in me, so they flip all the time when they find out a little bit more. no one is really comfortable with me being goth but me.  

nightwing773

A Dark Knight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:08 pm
wow thats amazing ^^^^^^^^^^^

my parents are ok with it i guess, although they didnt use to be, i have to take it slow, and i've overhaerd my mom talking on the phone to my grandmother telling her it was just a phase.... so idk, it may be but i dont want it to be.
my old friends seem to avoid me now, even the ones i used to call my best friends. one and only one has stayed with me no matter what i am and i love her so much for that.
i seem to lose and gain friends with every new school year though so i find more friends who like me the way i am.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:37 pm
My dad doesn't care...Mom would freak....Best friend tells HER parents....Her parents made the two of us stop hanging out because they think im a freak....yep that's bout it.  

LadyBatLove

Dance of Pales

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:08 pm
mi parents hated me wen i turned gothic on day 1. sum of mi friends are annoyed with it and mi parents r sick of it,especially mi dad,but he was just like me wen he was 14 so y cant i be like it!?!?!?!? doesnt make sense at all  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:13 pm
Eh. Since this dead thread is revived I might as well answer with a proper response.

My mom's perfectly fine with it. Hell, she introduced me to it, as she's been into gothic rock and deathrock since the 80s. She's not as into the subculture as she was back then, but she still plays some stuff whenever I visit her. Most of my music collection is all hand-me-downs and used to be hers.

My grandma doesn't understand it, but she doesn't give a s**t.

My dad can't stand it, or doesn't even try to understand it, but considering the fact that in my almost 19 years of life he's been involved in my life for less than a month, I couldn't care less.

Everyone else in my family either thinks it's cool or doesn't care.

This message is brought to you in part by the Give Razors to Emos Foundation
Eradicating at least 24 idiots a day.

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200

ElectroPanties

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:32 pm
Mostly the women in my family (and extended family) adore my quirkiness and my style. My mom, especially, is 100% supportive of my lifestyle choices. The men usually don't care or jokingly pick on me. As for friends, I wouldn't say they're as adoring as the women in my family, but they definitely tolerate it, lol. My boyfriend loves it. I've gotten him into some of my music and he's gotten me into some of his, so it's pretty awesome.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:05 pm
im lucky i guess i have my friends that like me for me and accept me the way i am my parents were surprised at first but they dont mind. they are actually glad im not into all the prep drama and crap. my dad dosent really pay attention to it my mom actually is the one who goes shopping with me and stuff she says if its what i want its cool as long as i have my limits. but i think my friends accept it alot more because they listen to my music with me and i have gotten them into it plus they love me being weird. the one thing about me that they love the most is how im not afraid to wear what i want to and say what i want. also they love the fact that im fearless. but im glad to have there support at first i was a little worried they wouldn't accept me but they did. my mom let me cut my hair the way i wanted to the only thing she is really not going to let me do is dye it. the most surprising thing was when i asked to get the cartilage in my ear pierced for my birthday they agreed they said just not anything like a nose ring or belly ring or anything crazy and its fine  

XxKitty_of_DeathxX

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:36 pm
You assume my family cares enough to know what I like, or even to get to know me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:38 pm
My best friend since kindergarten hates it. My dad hates it. My mom and most of my other friends dont really care. My bf and certain other friends love it. biggrin  

Padli Andel

Pawn no Kuroi - - x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:14 pm
my mom is actually pretty cool with it. in fact, she encourages me and my siblings to express ourselves, so she's always buying cloths and makeup for me, and even gives me tips on how i should apply some of my eyeliners and shadows and how i can dye my hair or put it up. so she's just fine with it.
however, my step-dad can't stand it. he complains constantly on how i dress, and how i'm not like everyone else, and that i should be. he gives me the wierdest and strangest looks when he comes to visit, and tells me to wipe off my makeup, stop moping, and to put on some bright, girlier clothing.
my siblings don't care too much about it. my brother has always known me to look this way, and we have a strong relationship, and he could care less. my sister doesn't have time to worry about my looks when she has her own to be concerned about.

i only have a few friends, about three or four, and they don't mind the way i look either, just like me for being me. and my best friend dresses and looks the same way, so it doesn't really matter.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff