Submit

Do you?
  Buy
  Sell
  Both!
View Results

Vere412

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:25 am
It's a free market, but it's a hard to learn place, is Gaia. I'm just to the point of knowing the games, and how to shop, and eyeing a sellar's liscense and wondering how anyone could possibly make enough fot some ot the things I see being offered! How does one get a grip on what the next level of play is?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:44 am
after a break of about thre months (for uni) i have returned. damn its changed LOTS.

its weird... without me driving up the price of striper, its fallen back to about 100 a fish.

looks like im going to have to put some effort in and raise the price again (which would be easier if i hadnt bought that scythe....  

prettyslavegirl

Irrepressible Desire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:39 pm
Very well written, and very true as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:08 pm
My Thanks to everyone who contributed to this topic! biggrin
I learned a lot. 3nodding  

lazy bonz

Ignolopi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:49 am
It's a nice essay, explaining a few things about economics in the Gaian marketplace. The only thing that baffles me is... 6.3 million?! The way I see it; once I reach 1 million gold I'm going to be old and gray.........
smile
Thanks for the interesting essay.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:51 pm
When I first came to Gaia, the marketplace intimidated me so much, that I swore never to use it. Now obviously, I have, and saved gold, and made gold with my explorations. mrgreen  

Secret keys

Repulse-blue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:03 pm
That was only a snippet of the gaian economy and it focused on two or 1 main things did you post other parts of it else where? Or can you make a post that gives you the newest updates on the economy cause i would love that heart  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:50 pm
This was a great essay you guys, I learned a bit here and there, but still it was nice...  

annon fukyuu

Uncle Jeff

Quotable Citizen

27,050 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:54 pm
I am a bit of a free-market economics wonk myself, so I'll add a few of my comments here as I think of them.

The first that crossed my mind is a fundamental difference between the Gaian economy and the real world:

In Gaia, the food is not consumed, and the durable goods never wear out or need repair. In other words, everything lasts forever. In the real world, much of the economy's product goes simply to consumption, repair and replacement. Only a small fraction is added to accumulated wealth. In Gaia, every item won or bought in a store adds to the total accumulated wealth in the world.

I don't see this as good or bad. I just know that it will affect the dynamics of the marketplace.

Another difference related to the first is that there are no necessities in Gaia. I don't need to put food on the table. Heck, I don't even need a table. I am free to focus on any whim (or nothing at all). Every purchase I keep is a luxury.

This too will affect the marketplace so that items that behave one way (rational, with necessities having inelastic demand) in the real world will behave differently (I expect all items to have the elasticity and irrationality of luxuries) in Gaia.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:45 am
hello wheeeeeeeeee  

Elurosey

Zane Masters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:23 pm
Hectic. You described a most common rise in the market place.
Although this was written a while back, I believe that it has gotten worse.
Inflation is through the roof. The Elegant veil will be up to 100k by christmas easy, and the sash will sit at 6mil.

And now we have the stupid 2% tax bullshit..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:02 am
While we may not be consuming the products we purchase, the people that no longer use gaia that purchased items in the past, by default, take them out of circulation.  

TomboyToolsLady

9,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MisaxJohan

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:40 am
wow You are absolutly correct with how the Gaia marketplace and economy is XD. That essay helped me understand it a lot better.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:42 pm
hehehehhahahahah mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen  

The holy-demon

Nanto_Ken

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:34 am
so true  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers