Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HereticX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:33 pm
I heard something about...I think it was an Australian weapon, called Metalstorm.

It's an electrically fired, computer controlled system, that has a fire rate of over a million rounds per minute.

It works by loading multiple shots into a barrel, and using computer controls to fire them.
They're apparently working to bring that kind of a system to small arms. I want one.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:13 pm
yeah, I read an article on it somewhere too. think it was a popular mechanics  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:53 pm
HereticX
I heard something about...I think it was an Australian weapon, called Metalstorm.

It's an electrically fired, computer controlled system, that has a fire rate of over a million rounds per minute.

It works by loading multiple shots into a barrel, and using computer controls to fire them.
They're apparently working to bring that kind of a system to small arms. I want one.

Actually, its a system that fires from a grid of about like 100x100 barrels, or something like that.

So really, you must divide the rounds per minute by the barrels consecutively firing.

Its to disrupt enemy infantry or tank movement by basically bombarding the ground with tons of metal spikes falling from teh sky.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:22 pm
they're also making planes with laser cannons on them, and battleships that fire railguns.

ok, this seems to have expanded to general "weapons" now. >.>  

Nospai Deathous

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:27 pm
lets get back on topic.
Stygnyum crystals are what goes in Lightsabers right?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:45 am
there are a bunch of different kinds of crystals. it actually doesn't matter... they're fictional crystals similar to the solid crystals used in blasters. basically all a lightsaber does is shoot a blaster bolt and force it into a loop that reflects off of the emitter plate and is contained by an electromagnetic field.  

Nospai Deathous

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:51 am
Ive seen blaster scematics but Ive never seen any crystal in them.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:39 pm
plaster schematics, eh?

have you seen the Star Wars visual dictionary, or the old guide to weapons and technology?  

Nospai Deathous

Darth_Ravage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:32 pm
The guide to weapons and tech has been invalidated as canon by lucas arts do to innacurate representations of SW items.

ICS is right below the movie novelizations on canon. If you want to know about SW weapons and tech do the following
1. Go to www.stardestroyer.net.
2. Click on the picture
3. Click on the link labeled "I want you for the Galactic Empire!"
4a. Click on button labeled "Technology"
4b. Click on buttion labeled "Essays"
5a. Click on the link labeled "Ground Combat Technology" or the one labeled "Shield Technology"
5b. Click on link labeled "Star Wars vs Star Trek in Five Minutes" (good SW info) or click on the one labeled "Planet Killers"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:43 pm
nah. I saw something like it in a rp book of mine.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:21 pm
Two things Ravage.
First: get yourself an avi. that silouette is slightly annoying.
Second: Congratulations for finding proof that the Empire Could Fry the entire Federation in a full on war. We all knew the truth but we just were too lazy to crunch the numbers. Give yourself a pat on the back and make sure you post this link in the Hyperspace routes sticky. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:23 pm
You Hear that Trekkies?! Your precious Enterprise is barely a threat to the almighty Star Destroyer! Glory To The Empire!  

Sol Walker
Crew

HereticX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:29 am
Why are disruptors so illegal? I mean, a blaster'll kill 'em just as dead, and from farther away, too. And they have more ammo, as well. So why are disruptors illegal?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:08 am
with a blaster, if you get hit in the arm or leg, you get a hole.

with a disruptor, you disintigrate, and even a grazing shot will give you tremendous burns and blow you several feet in the direction of the bolt. plus they can't be blocked by lightsabers.  

Nospai Deathous

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:27 am
HereticX
Why are disruptors so illegal? I mean, a blaster'll kill 'em just as dead, and from farther away, too. And they have more ammo, as well. So why are disruptors illegal?

Now you see why most people with an ounce of common sense use blasters. but what disruptors do to beings is just downright frightening.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff