Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
What do your parents not let you to do with your appearance? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xAmour_Mortelx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:28 pm
my parents basicly letme do anything. it take a few years of work but i got thrm there.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:23 pm
i totally agree the rents are all no tattoos or exotic peircing unless im on my own.... total unfair... but thats why we different ones gotta stick together.  

Poetic Witch

Feral Kitten

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:13 pm
shezmu666
my parents basicly letme do anything. it take a few years of work but i got thrm there.

I'm still in the "working" stage, I canget away with some stuff but sometimes I feel like I'll never be able to get through to them due to many of their unswayable opinions/beliefs.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:17 pm
Dragonfire_Goddess
My parents say no piercings or tatoos, (which I don't want anyway) but besides that they're pretty tolerant. My dad occasionaly freaks out about semi transparant shirts, and my mom doesn't like my makeup/hair to be too outrageous, but I guess we compromise. What do your parents not allow you to do with the way you look?

My parents wish I would wear less black, but they know that it is not going to happen.... My parents say no peiring anything but my ears while I am in the house and they will not let me get an tattoos while I live in the house ( I am just waiting until I move out)....... My mom does not like the way I look with black nail polish and black lip stick... they will not let me die my hair any bold reds or black......  

Devils_lilboy

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:44 pm
My restrictions are:

-No make-up
-No nail polish
-Can only weak black 1-2 times a week

That's a basic summary, which I dislike. But, I'm too poor to do much about it. You see, just last year, I learned of Hot Topic. Sadly, I've always liked to buy wristbands from there, since I didn't actually have enough money for much else. I DID have Tripp Pants, Tight pants, and Armwarmers, but I lost them! gonk crying

Oh well. I plan on working there this summer. cool  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:50 pm
My mom won't let me get piercings or tattoos, but a lot of parents won't let their kids do that. She used to not let me wear gloves with chains or black lipstick or black eyeliner....but now she does and I'm so happy about that. Although sometimes I go overboard with the makeup and wear white powder and red eyeshadow and that pisses her off.  

melancholymolly

Alliecat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:57 am
Mitsuko Muttosawa
Well...
My boyfriend doesn't like me wearing a lot of black, but, then, he's more of the jockish type.
He's been my best friend for years now, and we started dating.
My ex is a goth.
But, I'm allowed to wear semi-dark make-up.
Some black.
I love my Hot Topic pants though, the two pairs I do own.
They're baggy.
Yay baggy pants!
I got black shoes today!
Whee.
My mom was really leanyeant (No idea how to spell that,) about me wearing black while dating my ex.
But, yeah, he's got hulla sexy boots now.
I want them... >.<
I'm not allowed to wear safety pins.
Heavy black makeup, not allowed lip, tongue, or nose piercings, or belly button, no tattoos.
Not too much black for more than.. eh, twice, three times a week.
My ex wants to be like Dani Filth now, which kinda worries me.
But, not my problem I guess.
Oh well.
Yeah...
No collars, not allowed certain boots, and I LOVE boots.

It sounds like you would rather be with your ex than your current bf..  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:45 pm
1-no eyeliner/eye make-up of any kind (psh, yeah right, like I'll EVER listen to THIS rule. rolleyes )
2-no peircings other than once for each of my ears
3-no chained pants (I figured that I'd just buy separate chains and hook them to my jeans at the morning bus stop)
4-no black lipstick (this one really pisses me off. stare )
5-no tattoos

My parents absolutely hate the whole black theme to. :XP:  

Ming Chen

From_Lust2Dust

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:39 pm
my mom hates it when i wear black lipstick [i don't wear lipstick anymore though because it just was uncomfortable to me, my hair kept gettng caught in it >_<] and has yelled at me when i had, or when i go like the Rocky Horror Picture Show's Frank N Furter with the black lined lips and red filled in. And she doesn't want me to get a labret crying but im going to visit my sister [on another island] tomorrow..so i wanna ask her to take me to get it anyway. If she even will stare  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:45 pm
oh and she hates my trench coat and "high" boots...i don't even think they're that high, i want higher ones xd

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

heart heart heart heart  

From_Lust2Dust

x Socks x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:56 pm
The most is that my dad won't let me get a lip piercing. He said yes to the eyebrows (which I don't want), but he just thinks the lip ones are ugly so he said "not until you're moved out! =D" Doesn't bother me much; mein Vater ist phantastisch. heart And he'll get over it AT LEAST when I'm 18.

Other than that...they don't really have anything to complain about. wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:49 pm
My parents let me do anything I want. As long as I'm not whoring my self-out and getting drunk my parents let me be free. Although my dad doesn't quite approve of my ways.

Even if I had restrictions I'm 18 in two months anyway and I plan on moving away...far far away...

Laharl Part Deux

This Emo Bleeds Black

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:34 pm
for me my parents say....no piercings, tatoos, black make up, she does my hair, and i cant get tripp pants, im only allowed to have one black shirt, i cant where to black things together like a black shirt with black pants. so i change in school emo emo evil  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:00 am
im not allowed to get tattoos or piercings, no spikes in public, no fingerless gloves.  

0-X-Yours_Truly-X-0

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:12 am
I have free reign, I can dress how I want, when I want, where I want.
The joys of being an adult, but even as a kid it was the same, my mum is cool with almost anything.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff