Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
MY LIFE IS A BURNING BLACK ABYSS Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NINJA SAD STYLE:
  BOO HOO NO JUTSU.
  STFU EMO NINJA.
View Results

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:27 pm
Shikalee
That wasn't even my point, though. Your disbelief that it even existed, or was even important or recognized, or whatever completely threw the topic out of sync. I SAID, that I made a typo, but I'm in a DIFFICULT English class, that DEMANDS good writing. MY point, was that I was a key example that typos have NOTHING to do with one's ABILITY to write. YES, there are DUMB people who couldn't pass the CAHSEE. But not everyone who aced the damn thing never make typos.

I think the commas are crying.

What the hell is a CAHSEE?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:27 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
Your responses are cute, but pointless. No, I'm not in Mensa, but schools, worldwide, accept this certificate as an honor. Just because it's RESPECTED worldwide doesn't mean everyone in the world knows about it. It just means any of of the big schools will consider me over someone who did not take the class, simply because IB is of a much higher quality.

Pfft, Mensa. My mum qualified for that and she's a lowly theatre nurse. Sadly, she doesn't have money to burn so she couldn't join.

Then again, this is the internet, so my claims could be exaggerated. Which they aren't.
Do you even know what Mensa is? It has NOTHING to do with your job, or your grades in school. It also doesn't cost shitloads to get it. It's hard to get into for another reason. Which I will tell you if you even know what it is.

Duhhh, no, I'm talking about it when I have no idea what's involved.

Do I even need to answer that question? My mum's IQ is a high percentile (in the highest 2% of the population or something), so she qualifies. But the annual fees are bullshit because she's a single parent with a low-paying job.
Oooh, so you can use the internet. Whatever.

Mensa rules people on the highest 98th percentile. These individuals are asked to join Mensa. YOU CAN be part of Mensa WITHOUT living there. You don't have to join their little Eureka to be part of it, and you don't have to be rich. The guy who wrote the Eragon books wasn't rich, but they practically begged him to join. NOW he's rich, but all of that occurred before he wrote the books. They boy was home schooled, graduated very early, and consumed his time into writing those books.

I'm pretty unconvinced by your story, because over 170 IQ does not usually also include a shitty job. If you're smart, you can do high end jobs. I don't know what her strengths are, but if they are memory, she can learn anything. If it's math, she can be anything having to do with mathematics. If she exceeds in art she could be richer than sin.
How extremely rude of you to assume her mom isn't intelligent because she doesn't work a high paying job.
I never said that. I just said that I was pretty unconvinced about the probability of her having such a high IQ, AND to fail at getting a decent job. I was referring to the job part more than the IQ part. YOUR the one who's rude for jumping up and immediately assuming that's what I meant. How incredibly stupid to say that.  

Syndactyly

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:29 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd
How extremely rude of you to assume her mom isn't intelligent because she doesn't work a high paying job.
I never said that. I just said that I was pretty unconvinced about the probability of her having such a high IQ, AND to fail at getting a decent job. I was referring to the job part more than the IQ part. YOUR the one who's rude for jumping up and immediately assuming that's what I meant. How incredibly stupid to say that.

I'll spell it out for you: she didn't FAIL anything. She CHOSE a career in nursing. She could have CHOSEN to go to university, study for years, and end up as a G.P. But she didn't. Her CHOICE was nursing, because it was quicker, more convenient, less expensive, and more interesting.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:30 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
Your responses are cute, but pointless. No, I'm not in Mensa, but schools, worldwide, accept this certificate as an honor. Just because it's RESPECTED worldwide doesn't mean everyone in the world knows about it. It just means any of of the big schools will consider me over someone who did not take the class, simply because IB is of a much higher quality.

Pfft, Mensa. My mum qualified for that and she's a lowly theatre nurse. Sadly, she doesn't have money to burn so she couldn't join.

Then again, this is the internet, so my claims could be exaggerated. Which they aren't.
Do you even know what Mensa is? It has NOTHING to do with your job, or your grades in school. It also doesn't cost shitloads to get it. It's hard to get into for another reason. Which I will tell you if you even know what it is.

Duhhh, no, I'm talking about it when I have no idea what's involved.

Do I even need to answer that question? My mum's IQ is a high percentile (in the highest 2% of the population or something), so she qualifies. But the annual fees are bullshit because she's a single parent with a low-paying job.
Oooh, so you can use the internet. Whatever.

Mensa rules people on the highest 98th percentile. These individuals are asked to join Mensa. YOU CAN be part of Mensa WITHOUT living there. You don't have to join their little Eureka to be part of it, and you don't have to be rich. The guy who wrote the Eragon books wasn't rich, but they practically begged him to join. NOW he's rich, but all of that occurred before he wrote the books. They boy was home schooled, graduated very early, and consumed his time into writing those books.

I'm pretty unconvinced by your story, because over 170 IQ does not usually also include a shitty job. If you're smart, you can do high end jobs. I don't know what her strengths are, but if they are memory, she can learn anything. If it's math, she can be anything having to do with mathematics. If she exceeds in art she could be richer than sin.

People with high IQs succeed.

You do realise that what job you end up with is affected by more than IQ, right? There's are these little things called motivation, hard work, and interests that quite often influence your career. My mum is very intelligent, but she didn't want to stay in education so she got her grades and started training as a nurse. That also ties into her interests, since she was more interested in helping people straight off (and earning money right away, since she married young) rather than spending five years studying further.

I never said a shitty job. If you want to tell theatre nurses that their jobs are shitty, then wow, I hope you never end up on the operating table.

Eragon sucked, by the way.

Edit: Also, living where? I REALISE she can join without moving, but what part of "annual fees" is difficult to understand?
Yes and no. I guess she's a "lazy genius," right? Please. This is just too fresh. She does not need to go to a good school to succeed. An amazing mind can do anything. Maybe she has a low self-esteem. Well, with an amazing brain, she CAN work through that.

You said she had a low-paying job. If that's not shitty, as in a HUGE rip off on her part, I don't know what is. And I don't care if they cut into me and kill me; this life is BULLSHIT anyway. Anyone with two-cents fer brains knows that. (That comment was not entirely serious.)

That's an opinion, and has no bearing in the discussion.

These "fees" aren't that much, so I've heard. If you can find evidence to prove otherwise, then you might just have a point. :/  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:31 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
Captain Verd

I'll spell it out for you: she didn't FAIL anything. She CHOSE a career in nursing. She could have CHOSEN to go to university, study for years, and end up as a G.P. But she didn't. Her CHOICE was nursing, because it was quicker, more convenient, less expensive, and more interesting.
Oh, now who's being rude? Burn. Burn on you, Shikalee, I'm sueing for the abuse of Mofo's mom.

And my god woman, I'm in an english class that demands good writing, that doesn't make it anything special.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:32 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
That wasn't even my point, though. Your disbelief that it even existed, or was even important or recognized, or whatever completely threw the topic out of sync. I SAID, that I made a typo, but I'm in a DIFFICULT English class, that DEMANDS good writing. MY point, was that I was a key example that typos have NOTHING to do with one's ABILITY to write. YES, there are DUMB people who couldn't pass the CAHSEE. But not everyone who aced the damn thing never make typos.

Dialog marks. I can't make them here, so commas take their place. THAT one you can blame for OCD.

It's just the high school exit exam for California. I know it's EASY AS HELL, considering I got over a 400 on it, but it was simply the comparison of a test of which everyone has to take.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:34 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
Captain Verd

Fail is such a falsely connotated word... I meant nothing more by it than it's literal meaning; she didn't get it, so she faild to get it. It doesn't matter how or why, she CHOSE to fail. That doesn't make her a failure. I'm sure she is a perfectly nice and capable woman, and she's probably very good at what she does.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:34 pm
Shikalee
Yes and no. I guess she's a "lazy genius," right? Please. This is just too fresh. She does not need to go to a good school to succeed. An amazing mind can do anything. Maybe she has a low self-esteem. Well, with an amazing brain, she CAN work through that.

You said she had a low-paying job. If that's not shitty, as in a HUGE rip off on her part, I don't know what is. And I don't care if they cut into me and kill me; this life is BULLSHIT anyway. Anyone with two-cents fer brains knows that. (That comment was not entirely serious.)

That's an opinion, and has no bearing in the discussion.

These "fees" aren't that much, so I've heard. If you can find evidence to prove otherwise, then you might just have a point. :/
Why can't someone who doesn't get paid alot be smart? You said yourself you're going to trade school. Do you think people should be able to tell you you're stupid and had to go to trade school because you couldn't get into college?

Not everyone who doesn't go to college is an idiot, as you should be able to realize, considering you're not going yourself. My dad's a great engineer and really good at math, but he never finished college because he couldn't afford it. Does that make him stupid? No, of course not. I'd rather be a housewife or work in a greenhouse doing grunt work than anything else in the world, but does that make me stupid? No! So why are you assuming?  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:35 pm
Captain Verd
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
Captain Verd

Oh, now who's being rude? Burn. Burn on you, Shikalee, I'm sueing for the abuse of Mofo's mom.

And my god woman, I'm in an english class that demands good writing, that doesn't make it anything special.
You see that thumb you're sucking on? Yeah. Put it behind your back. A little lower. A little more. Okay, now shove it FAR up your a**.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:36 pm
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

Dialog marks. I can't make them here, so commas take their place. THAT one you can blame for OCD.

It's just the high school exit exam for California. I know it's EASY AS HELL, considering I got over a 400 on it, but it was simply the comparison of a test of which everyone has to take.
"Quotation Marks". That's what they're calling dialogue marks now days. And OCD person who needs to use way too many commas would use them alot more than you do. Stop randomly giving yourself disorders.  

Captain Verd

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:37 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
Captain Verd

You see that thumb you're sucking on? Yeah. Put it behind your back. A little lower. A little more. Okay, now shove it FAR up your a**.
Lol what are you talking about? Are you mad because I take english too? Because if you wanna cry, I have some issue tissues right here.

Srsly what are you talking about?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:38 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

"Quotation Marks". That's what they're calling dialogue marks now days. And OCD person who needs to use way too many commas would use them alot more than you do. Stop randomly giving yourself disorders.
No. Dialog marks fall under marks indicating pause, emphasis, subtext, full text, notes, side notes, anecdotes, and blocking. Used in playwrite.

And your assumption about those with OCD is ridiculous, idiotic, and stupendously uneducated. No two symptomatic persons with OCD are alike. It is not random because one, I told you about this MONTHS ago, and two, I was DIAGNOSED.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:41 pm
No, I just love making you feel useless. It had nothing to do with your English statement.

You know, I have a life. Unlike you. So I'm going to go have it now. Bye-bye then.

Oh, and Mofo, sorry if I flustered you. By no means did I mean to INSULT your mom, but what you were saying didn't make much sense, still doesn't, but she made a CHOICE, and that's her complete right.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:50 pm
Shikalee
No, I just love making you feel useless. It had nothing to do with your English statement.

You know, I have a life. Unlike you. So I'm going to go have it now. Bye-bye then.

Oh, and Mofo, sorry if I flustered you. By no means did I mean to INSULT your mom, but what you were saying didn't make much sense, still doesn't, but she made a CHOICE, and that's her complete right.
What are you talking about? What did you tell me about? Am I supposed to feel useless? I think I must have missed something then. sad  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:52 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee

What are you talking about? What did you tell me about? Am I supposed to feel useless? I think I must have missed something then. sad
As usual, a lucid b***h. :]  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces