Welcome to Gaia! ::

+++The Fall of Roses+++

Back to Guilds

The story of Osiris City and the supernatural creatures which inhabit it. (Come play with us...) 

Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves, literate, semi-literate 

Reply Osiris City
The Talamasca Motherhouse Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:37 pm
With these gestures Antha's face brightened considerably and her smile became sincere again. "Perhaps you're right. Well, whatever the case, I'll find out one day. Probably very soon." With a quick little sigh she rose finally, determined to finally get to the task at hand. "David, I'm going to go speak to Atticus. Singe is taking too long." Quickly she took hold of Vikteren's hand, silently begging him to come along, though her eyes were directed at Rynn. "Come along, witch boy. We're going to go see Atticus."

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:07 pm
Sabata saw the conversation was over. He rose from his sitting position and headed towards David. "Excuse me," he asked politley, "I was wondering if I might be able to look into some of the Talamasca files?"  

ninja of Persia

Rynn Calais

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:49 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
With these gestures Antha's face brightened considerably and her smile became sincere again. "Perhaps you're right. Well, whatever the case, I'll find out one day. Probably very soon." With a quick little sigh she rose finally, determined to finally get to the task at hand. "David, I'm going to go speak to Atticus. Singe is taking too long." Quickly she took hold of Vikteren's hand, silently begging him to come along, though her eyes were directed at Rynn. "Come along, witch boy. We're going to go see Atticus."

He gave Aaron and David both grateful smiles over his shoulder before he moved to follow Antha. Of Vikteren, he gave no signal of recognition, or even of awareness that the vampire existed, carefully avoiding so much as even glancing in his direction. The Calais family had never had much in the way of contact with vampires--or indeed, with other humans--but that was no reason to think that this one would even hesitate if he decided to kill him. Mayfairs never went around with anyone normal, did they?  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:11 pm
"Only other Mayfairs in general, actually," Antha replied with a quick grin to Rynn's unvoiced comments. "I'm afraid I'm the black sheep of the family. I think they'd lock me up for good if they knew about Vikteren, or most of my other companions for that matter." There was an amused little laugh given and then that was it for her own commentary. "But you...what's your name? Aaron wasn't polite enough to inform me." As she asked her question she stopped in the middle of the hallway, turning to look at the boy with a sharp glitter in her eyes, informing anyone who cared to know that she was plotting something, though certainly it was small. Important things were always perfectly secret with her unless she chose for them to be otherwise.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Rynn Calais

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:24 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
"Only other Mayfairs in general, actually," Antha replied with a quick grin to Rynn's unvoiced comments. "I'm afraid I'm the black sheep of the family. I think they'd lock me up for good if they knew about Vikteren, or most of my other companions for that matter." There was an amused little laugh given and then that was it for her own commentary. "But you...what's your name? Aaron wasn't polite enough to inform me." As she asked her question she stopped in the middle of the hallway, turning to look at the boy with a sharp glitter in her eyes, informing anyone who cared to know that she was plotting something, though certainly it was small. Important things were always perfectly secret with her unless she chose for them to be otherwise.

He was taken aback, although not for long. With a smile that could turn most girl's--or men's, for that matter--knees to water, he answered. "Rynn. Rynn Calais. And technically, to be proper, I should be giving you my extensive pedigree along with my introduction, but I think I shall be kind for once and not make you sit through that. You'd be most hideously bored, I can assure you."  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:24 am
+Rotting Lunacy+

Since she was, after all, holding his hand, and he had no reason at present to pull away, he let her lead him onwards.

But even applying this logic, it still made him feel like a recalcitrant puppy being dragged along on a leash.  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:49 am
Antha only smiled, watching Rynn with a certain precision, before she quickly released Vikteren's hand and drew her own to herself as if mildly embarrassed. "You think so? Well, I suppose I'll take your word for it." To be polite, she paused and gave a small formal courtesy. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Rynn Calais. Antha Mayfair is my name, as you well know." Once her act was over, she continued down the hall, staring against the darkness that the candles hanging from the walls couldn't vanquish.
The door she stopped at was near the end of the corridor; she knew it was the right one the moment her eyes found the eye etched into the door frame. "Atticus!" she called softly, rapping her knuckles against the wooden door. "Atticus! Singe! Open up!"

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:42 am
((I get to be Atticus too!!!))
David gave a quick wave of his hand to acknowledge her statement and Aaron trailed after her with his eyes. "You think he'll fall for her?" he asked his boss confidentially when they were out of sight.
"Possibly. Either of them are targets for her." Quickly he sighed and returned to his office, letting Aaron tag along and chatter all the way up.
Meanwhile, Atticus sat cross-legged on his bed, listening patiently to Singe and his rapid explanation that at some point had transformed into German. "Is that all?" he asked the boy, eyes concealing any thoughts he may have had, "Antha Evelyn and I can handle it, I believe." His speech was calm and quite nearly slow as always---forever soft-spoken. "You did say you called for Antha, didn't you? Has she come?" As if in answer to his question, before Singe could utter a single word, he heard her voice ring out in the form of his name. There was no mistaking that accent of hers, the bizarre British and French blend. In the blink of an eye he was before the door, wrenching it open so that he could smile down at his princess. "Good afternoon, Antha Evelyn, my dear princess." He watched closely after this, wanting to see the gleam in her eyes when she heard her full name, and then gave a quick bow, kissing the back of her hand in the name of courtesy before he dared to rise. "This would be Rynn Calais, yes?" he asked as he turned to the proper figure, a warm little smile illuminating his features.

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

ninja of Persia

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:51 pm
Sabata followed David into his office. "Excuse me sir?" he asked politely. "May I ask you something?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:20 pm
David paused and turned to find the person who had approached him. He surveyed Sabata for a moment, trying to put the pieces together, before finally a little light went on in his eyes and he lad a friendly hand on the vampire's shoulder. "You wanted access to some of our files, correct?" A soft smile touched his lips as he ushered him into his office where Aaron had already settled himself down in one of the two chairs before David's desk. "Aaron tells me you did us a favor by fetching Antha. You seem to have met her before though. I wonder where..." he trailed off momentarily, shutting the door and looking to the clear windows, but quickly picked up the thread again. "Now let's see. I might be able to grant you access to a few files, but only very low level ones. It all depends on what you need to see." With a few graceful movements he had circled his desk and settled down into his chair, motioning for Sabata to sit down in the seat next to the silent Aaron's. "So I'll need to know exactly what it is you'll need before I can give you any kind of answer."
((Moderator's Note: All posts MUST be at least THREE lines long.))

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Rynn Calais

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:17 pm
.David Talbot.
((I get to be Atticus too!!!))
David gave a quick wave of his hand to acknowledge her statement and Aaron trailed after her with his eyes. "You think he'll fall for her?" he asked his boss confidentially when they were out of sight.
"Possibly. Either of them are targets for her." Quickly he sighed and returned to his office, letting Aaron tag along and chatter all the way up.
Meanwhile, Atticus sat cross-legged on his bed, listening patiently to Singe and his rapid explanation that at some point had transformed into German. "Is that all?" he asked the boy, eyes concealing any thoughts he may have had, "Antha Evelyn and I can handle it, I believe." His speech was calm and quite nearly slow as always---forever soft-spoken. "You did say you called for Antha, didn't you? Has she come?" As if in answer to his question, before Singe could utter a single word, he heard her voice ring out in the form of his name. There was no mistaking that accent of hers, the bizarre British and French blend. In the blink of an eye he was before the door, wrenching it open so that he could smile down at his princess. "Good afternoon, Antha Evelyn, my dear princess." He watched closely after this, wanting to see the gleam in her eyes when she heard her full name, and then gave a quick bow, kissing the back of her hand in the name of courtesy before he dared to rise. "This would be Rynn Calais, yes?" he asked as he turned to the proper figure, a warm little smile illuminating his features.

Rynn had been standing back patiently, a little bit behind Antha and her companion, examining the floor tiling in the awkward manner of one who is more than a little out of his depth. Now he looked up, startled by his own name. "I--er--I beg your pardon." he said, politely. "I don't recall having been introduced. And you are...?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:14 pm
At this reply Atticus smiled apologetically. "Excuse me, but I seem to have forgotten my manners. My name is Atticus de Romanus. Singe is the one who told me of you." As he spoke, the boy vampire appeared in the doorway, poking his head out from behind Atticus's back. "Come in, please. We can discuss what must be done to help your sister. But excuse me, I assume you still wish for us to help you. If I'm wrong, please correct me." His eyes flashed meaningfully at Antha, if only for a second, as he ushered them all into his chambers---three large rooms of stone walls covered in wooden shelves with decaying books, chests, bags, and even dusty jars of things that one couldn't begin to imagine. In the room they entered, the first of the three, there was also an old bed and a high, narrow window with heavy drapes cast aside.
"Princess," Singe greeted Antha with a little bow of his own, his eyes concentrated on her face even so. "You worried me," he whispered in her ear once he had risen and taken a firm hold of her wrist to keep her from proceeding with the others, "You nearly gave David a heart-attack. He is old, you know." A little frown formed on his lips for a moment, making him seem all the more childish, before he hastened off after Atticus, diving into the mess of sheets he had created on the bed.
"Please, have a seat," Atticus offered, his arm extended to motion towards a set of minorly worn armchairs against the wall while his other hand sat heavily on Singe's head as a small effort to tame him. "Now if you don't mind, I need something to work with. Assuming that you would still like our help, Antha Evelyn and I will require some information. This phantom...what does it do? Does it have a human shape or voice? And, most importantly, can you identify anything at all about it, like a motive or perhaps whether it's a ghost or umbra for example?"

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:04 pm
"Don't scare him, ducky," Antha commented lightly, wrenching herself free of Singe before he left and sliding into the chair nearest the bed. "After all, he seems so hesitant around the likes of Vikteren and me." She flashed Rynn a smile, meant more to comfort than anything else and easily showing the intent. But I wonder, what's really so bad about me? she asked Rynn telepathically, a small pout to her darkly painted lips. I want to help. Don't be so uneasy. Somewhere in the back of her mind she took stock of everything in the room that had been moved, taken, or disturbed in any form. This way she had a better idea of what Atticus had been up to. By the jars and boxes set on his desk she even knew what he was planning.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:23 pm
.David Talbot.
David paused and turned to find the person who had approached him. He surveyed Sabata for a moment, trying to put the pieces together, before finally a little light went on in his eyes and he lad a friendly hand on the vampire's shoulder. "You wanted access to some of our files, correct?" A soft smile touched his lips as he ushered him into his office where Aaron had already settled himself down in one of the two chairs before David's desk. "Aaron tells me you did us a favor by fetching Antha. You seem to have met her before though. I wonder where..." he trailed off momentarily, shutting the door and looking to the clear windows, but quickly picked up the thread again. "Now let's see. I might be able to grant you access to a few files, but only very low level ones. It all depends on what you need to see." With a few graceful movements he had circled his desk and settled down into his chair, motioning for Sabata to sit down in the seat next to the silent Aaron's. "So I'll need to know exactly what it is you'll need before I can give you any kind of answer."
((Moderator's Note: All posts MUST be at least THREE lines long.))
((ok. sorry.)
Sabata took a deep breath, this was it, this was what he'd been waiting for. "I don't think it's very high level, I just need to see a list of people who entered Osiris City in the past... oh, 200, no 300 years. I'm looking for someone I believe may have passed through this city." He paused for a moment to think, 'And... anything you have on Lunar magic, if that's not high level." He waited for David to say something, Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the Lunar magic part, if he should guess what I'm after... no, it's fine.  

ninja of Persia

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:36 pm
David sat back in his chair, lighting a cigarette as he listened. "What might you want these files for? And I do mean a detailed reason." He paused, eyeing the vampire thoughtfully, before he leaned forward with his arms folded on the desk over scads of loose papers and bound folders with seals. "I'm not saying I will grant you access to such records even if your reason does check out, but before any thought goes into it I have to make certain the files don't fall into dangerous hands. So be careful with your words, but don't lie and don't leave anything out."
David, finished, leaned into the back of his chair again as if he were done, though Aaron continued the small speech. "We'll know if you do."

Osiris City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff