Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is there anyone here NOT christian> o_O; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blossom Goth

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:10 pm
I have my days where I range from innocent religious girl to doubtful agnostic rebel.

I'd never call myself Christian though. On those days I feel all "religious" and everything, I just say I believe in God.

But really, we have no actual evidence that such a God exists.

The thing is that I believe that it's possible for one to exist. Nothing's impossible.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:56 pm
I'm not a christian. I'm... nothing really. i don't know what I believe in.  

MyLittlePwny.!

Cheezus Christ

Quotable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm
not to sound as if I'm "oh so gawth"
but no, I'm not, and yes, I detest christianity.
I hate the concept, the vile 'deity' if you could even call it that.
christianity is comprised of ideas stolen from old pagan religions.
In an old norse poem, for Odin, there are verses about a man suspended from a tree, with a spear piercing his side.

boom, what happened to jebus in the bible?

Fetus-1
christianity- -20 million
(rough estimate of how many have died for it over time.)  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:52 pm
i'm wiccan if it helps any sweatdrop  

AngelOnDeathRow

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:38 pm
Fetuss
In an old norse poem, for Odin, there are verses about a man suspended from a tree, with a spear piercing his side.

Fetus-1

While we all have our own opinions and beliefs, I ask that you not be so inflammatory. This forum supports religious toleration, and we ask that all our members do so as well. Your statements, while they can be interpretted as true, are using hyperbole to make Christianity sound "wrong" or "evil".

And (while we believe in free expression) suggesting Christianity is "evil" is blatant intolerance.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:38 pm
Baptised Catholic but never gone to church or any of that scary stuff.

Definately Pagan. I don't believe in all that Jesus stuff. I'll stick with the beliefs and religion of ancient civilizations.

Also new at Wicca.

Vanwa

Cheezus Christ

Quotable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:15 pm
GilAskan
Fetuss

Fetus-1

While we all have our own opinions and beliefs, I ask that you not be so inflammatory. This forum supports religious toleration, and we ask that all our members do so as well. Your statements, while they can be interpretted as true, are using hyperbole to make Christianity sound "wrong" or "evil".

And (while we believe in free expression) suggesting Christianity is "evil" is blatant intolerance.

I'm deeply sorry, wasn't really thinking at the time of posting.
It won't happen again.
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:32 pm
Born Catholic christian but turned out to be Atheist, and quite proud of it. ^^,  

WeissVicious

[X]igbar

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:49 pm
I'm gonna quote Chris Rock from one of my favorite movies Dogma - "Having a belief is easy to change, but building a religion on it is tricky because, you can change an belief easily, but you can't change a religion."

I have nothing against it's principles, but some stuff I find really messed up. (the judging for instance) Or the way some christian impose their religious beliefs onto yours - I think that's real f'ed up! sweatdrop

I believe in Greek Gods btw.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:46 pm
[Clockface]
Don't worry. No one's going to flame you. whee

I have one question though. Is there, like, anything specific about it that makes you hate Christianity?

Other stuffs:

A.) The "God Hates Goths" things are fake. They're satire.

B.) It agitates me when people automatically relate Goth to Satanism because being Goth has nothing to do with religion in the first place. I'd like to be able to listen to my music, and openly admit that I can be considered Goth without someone telling me that I worship Satan, when I'm Catholic. (Which is odd, though. Isn't it true that Satanism has nothing to do with Satan at all?)

C.) Any Christian who tells you that you're going to hell is an idiot. Apparently they missed the basic teaching of, "Only God can judge." Honestly, they're best to be ignored, in my opinion.

D.) They're also just stories that you've heard. I'm not saying that they're lying; some people are like that, but it's not like our whole country is "LOL PEACE B WIT U!!!1" Actually, the majority of teenagers are either Atheist, Agnostic, or Satanist.

I completely agree with your point. Not all goths are satanists. I am goth and a proud Christian, and I see people almost every day who say they're Christian and look it, but truthfully are a horrible example of one to everyone else by their attitude.
(no offense to Rap lovers, but almost every single Rapper out there who proclaim they're Christians, but rap about shooting that MoFo, smacking that b***h, ******** those hoes wherever, or even smoking that weed, tend to be one of them, obviously. Don't try to prove me wrong, I've heard the popular rappers and some underground ones too, they rap about those things mostly, just in different context. I actually tend to tolerate the old rap where there wasn't so much vulgar in it compared to the Rappers now.)

While I'm rambling about music, *deep exhale* it's actually funny & sad, there's a larger percentage of Christian death metal bands than there are true Christian Rappers.
I tend to look at lyrics alot.
sweatdrop  

shrivak

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:03 pm
Fetuss
GilAskan
Fetuss

Fetus-1

It won't happen again.
sweatdrop

It's fine. So long as you realise why, there's no problem. As said, we support both free speech and religious toleration. In that, while you are free to express your opinions, we ask that you do it in a non-inflammatory and respectful way.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:26 pm
GilAskan
Fetuss
GilAskan
Fetuss

Fetus-1

It won't happen again.
sweatdrop

It's fine. So long as you realise why, there's no problem. As said, we support both free speech and religious toleration. In that, while you are free to express your opinions, we ask that you do it in a non-inflammatory and respectful way.

I do completely understand what you're saying, and I usually am one for toleration, and its rare you'll see me flame anyone(thing).Not sure what came over me, but as I said, I'm deeply sorry to anyone I may have offended.(And I rarely apologize for anything.)  

Cheezus Christ

Quotable Prophet

Angi-Atrocity

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:26 pm
.........we live in a society that is against anything against the grain of 'normal' fashion...... ...  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:23 am
Angi-Atrocity
.........we live in a society that is against anything against the grain of 'normal' fashion...... ...

Society has always been such. It is nothing new, really.  

GilAskan
Crew

KoRnfucius

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:45 pm
I am also having an increasingly difficult time tolerating Christianity. I understand that everyone has the right to their own beliefs, but please, stop pushing them onto me or telling me I'm going to Hell unless I go along with your thoughts. It's annoying, and if anything, I would think that would push more people away than reel them in. I haven't noticed any other religions that do that. And as a child when I was forced to go to Sunday school I was always confused by certain things I was taught. I got yelled at and called something along the lines of "Satan's child" by pastors just for asking innocent questions like,"What about dinosaurs?" I wasn't trying to start s**t, I was 6 years old, it was just a question. I dunno. I could go on about this forever I suppose, but there's no point in that really. I just can't bring myself to believe in it or love it in any way.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff