Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Kickass things about being GOTH! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:53 pm
obeyfluffy
well, theres always the friends thing, knowing yor friends cant judge you on what you look like cause you look like a freak and are proud of it
and all those people who don't understand? who gives a ******** all look miserable with their plain clothes, their faces blending in with the crowd, becoming just one of the many mindless zombies of the vast population of ignoramus judgemental pompus bastards!!! i like them there so i have someone to laugh at! knowing i have an open mind! seeing how looking like i'm depressed but being the happiest out of all of them confuses the hell out of those little retards!

Everything in bold contradicts everything in red.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:01 pm
This isn't exact, complete, or, well, listed well.

1. Corsets are fashion norms.
2. As are big, giant, fluffy, dark skirts.
3. Siouxsie.
4. Lisa Gerrard.
5. Peter Murphy (duh.)
6. The diversity of the culture itself.
7. spiders, bats, black lace, white lace, (lace?), decadent trunks (like the luggage), steampunk, goggles, ruffles, gem colors and black, pewter and silver jewelry, bones, skulls, decadence, stripes (I enjoy stripes :[ ), victoriana, deathrock, vampire novels, wonderful wonderful clubs, novels, cyberpunk, industrial, ebm, batcave, darkwave, world, music, boots, lovecraft, wrought-iron, spookiness, the artistic nature of many people in the culture, zombies, vampires, the sublime, Poe, hammer horror, old horror movies, etc. etc. etc.  

Mina

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:12 am
Mina
This isn't exact, complete, or, well, listed well.

1. Corsets are fashion norms.
2. As are big, giant, fluffy, dark skirts.
3. Siouxsie.
4. Lisa Gerrard.
5. Peter Murphy (duh.)
6. The diversity of the culture itself.
7. spiders, bats, black lace, white lace, (lace?), decadent trunks (like the luggage), steampunk, goggles, ruffles, gem colors and black, pewter and silver jewelry, bones, skulls, decadence, stripes (I enjoy stripes :[ ), victoriana, deathrock, vampire novels, wonderful wonderful clubs, novels, cyberpunk, industrial, ebm, batcave, darkwave, world, music, boots, lovecraft, wrought-iron, spookiness, the artistic nature of many people in the culture, zombies, vampires, the sublime, Poe, hammer horror, old horror movies, etc. etc. etc.

Even if it's not complete, I'd still give this a YES.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:32 am
I don't call myself a goth. For the details and reason why, there's a short paragraph in my profile.
However, people call me a goth, and I identfy with a lot of the steriotypical goth aesthetics. These are some good things that have come out of it.

~ I can be very clumsy, so when I spill something, it doesn't show up on my black clothing.

~ I have a family history of skin cancer, but since I'm not fond of sunlight my chances of skin cancer are dramatically decreased.

~ Steel toe combat boots come in handy. In general. From hiking, to kicking a**, to not having to worry about people stepping on your feet, they're just awesomely useful. Not to mention aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

~ At night I'm invisible! All black clothing for the win. Plus I can be a ninja whenever I want. ^-^

~ I get to dress up in the most unusual gorgeous/crazy stuff and sure I get stares, but it's not terribly outrageous of me to do so. Basically if I wanted it to be, it could be halloween every day (minus the free candy cry ).

~ When I'm not too lazy to dress up, I love my style. I completely fracking love it.

~ Airheads are scared of me. This is a very good thing. People who are scared of me, won't talk to me. I don't want airheads talking to me. biggrin
Of course the downside of this is blatantly obvious. Sometimes people who aren't airheads are afraid of me, and I think they might be interesting, but they won't talk to me cause they're afraid.

~ I love that I'm so polite to everyone and that people are so surprised.

~ I love that I'm intelligent, some people are shocked, others ask for tutoring, and my teachers tend to like me because not only do I know the material, but I'm quiet and respectful towards them.

~ I have uber strange interests and tastes and I'm more or less unquestioned about them. I'm not terribly ridiculed for it, much less than I would be if I were a prep that had my music tastes. (You may disagree with this, but I have a peculiar position in life with much different circumstances than a lot of people so keep that in mind)

~ Because I have such strange tastes I'm very open minded about other people's tastes and so I'm much more accepting and less judgmental than I would be otherwise.

I could go on for days about how much I love my strangeness. Hence the username. 3nodding  

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:53 am
blaugh + The way my natural oddities aren't odd.
+ The shoes make me soar!!! (I'm like 5'7"with them on.)
+ I can be dramatic and get away with it.
gonk - I am a disorder.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:35 am
+

I'm not a goth.

-

I'm part of a dying type of metal fan... those who have a sense of humour.  

Rellik San
Crew

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:03 am
heh The funny looks I get when I go to church.
The old people hanging around teh concert halls waiting to find something to blame us for, and all tehy get us on is loud music (shown you up b***h)
The little kids staring at you.
Being able to scare away people you don't like.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:17 am
Not having to 'dress up' for anything.... my everyday clothing is dressy enough for most occassions!

Meeting new people because they are drawn to my clothing.

I don't need to replace my wardrobe every few years because things have 'gone out of style'. I just jeep wearing the same things. I know some goths who are wearing the same clothing that they had back in 1987, and are still rocking that look!

The style is so diverse. I can go from a sultry seductress to an innocent Lolita girl to a free-spirited bohemiean lass to a historically-inspired romantic to a funky cyber girl... and all stay within the umbrella of gothic fashion!

The music of this subculter is just as diverse as the fashion. Gothic rock, ethereal, gothy-ish neo-classical, EBM, industrial, and so many other styles... I could listen to gothic music forever, and never become bored with it!  

DreamerSpirit

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:31 am
Rellik San
+

I'm not a goth.

-

Yah well there's one here sitting thousands of miles away talking to you so....
EDIT
I almost was arrested because of my sense of humor, okay? twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:38 pm
-Resurrected Writer-

Even if it's not complete, I'd still give this a YES.

Like I'd ever be able to list it all in one post ;]

Thanks!  

Mina

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:25 pm
I've thought of something else... friends who don't think I'm a freak for

-liking flies and spiders
-wearing velvet in hot weather
-carrying a parasol  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:01 pm
Veruniel
I've thought of something else... friends who don't think I'm a freak for

-liking flies and spiders
-wearing velvet in hot weather
-carrying a parasol

Ok I still don't liek spiders O.o I freak when they get near me  

Nikki the Juggalette

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:05 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
+

I'm not a goth.

-

EDIT

Well I meant those of us Metal fans who actually realise its all a big over the top joke.... I mean come on. Count Grishnack... Mortiss... how can you not laugh?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:25 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
+

I'm not a goth.

-

EDIT

Well I meant those of us Metal fans who actually realise its all a big over the top joke.... I mean come on. Count Grishnack... Mortiss... how can you not laugh?
*nods*

Three cheers for negative space!  

Henneth Annun
Captain

fallengrim

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:29 pm
The best thing about being goth, is during christmas season, everyone gets out of your way because you look scary. Makes shopping alot easier.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff