Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Anyone here not dress goth? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

destinygirl_8

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:34 am
ketchakik
meh goth is about an astetic of finding beauty in the darker side of things...

quite frankly i don't know what one would call my look personally.....

i agree, also agreeing with the second part , i can relate 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:46 pm
I like silver jewelry and black clothing. But that DOES NOT mean I wear it all the time.

You can actually find me wearing pink and blue sometimes, or purple and green, no black involved. Sometimes I'm wearing all black though, but then again, sometimes I mix black clothing with colorful clothing.

Basically I wear whatever's NOT dirty. And whatever I still like. xd

Blossom Goth

Damos Darkfire

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:44 pm
yea I wear black a good portion of the time but not all the time. In fact, right now I'm wearing a U of M sweatshirt and a pair of blue jeans.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:27 pm
Unfortunately, I can not to the shock factor thing.  

Drink to the Dead

itstemporary

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:38 am
i dont dress goth and im not pail im more emo more than anything... i really dont care  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:36 pm
I don't dress often what you define, or is commonly defined as 'goth'.

On the internet? Hell yeah. In real life? Not as much as I would like. For starters I only own one pair of black pants, which I have not really owned for over a week. I don't wear face makeup, my face is just naturally pale and since I don't sleep alot, I have dark depressions underneath my eyes. My only pair of boots are brown and two sizes too small. Like i'm sure was mentioned countless times before, goth isn't really all about fashion.

_S_P_I_K_E_B_A_N_D

Sica_Lunae

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:52 pm
I wear black when I feel like it... but some of it is a tad too trendy to be called "goth." I also have to wear a school uniform for 5 out of the 7 days of the week... My uni doesn't include black.

No matter how much I wish. whee  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:05 pm
DarkPhsycotic
First off, i wan't to apoligize If I do offend anyone with my last statement

Are there any goths here who does not dress like a vampire, or does not have pale skin?
I do not for two reasons

1) I am obese, and nothing from hottopic or any other store like that has my size.
well, I still buy jewelry and stuff, but still, im not full on goth

2) I try not to be a show off, If I am all paleish, or all black with leather spike-studded things, I might look like a mall goth/posuer ( no offence to the people that do look full on gothic, bc I know not all of you are posuers)

Wow, it sounds so low by the way it's stated her. "Do you dress Goth?" Goth was a group against the roman empire a long time ago not a modern trend of society if i were you I'd say "Gothic" more than "Goth" it's just more correct, because "Gothic" is a life style. (Not a style of clothing, I don't mean for this to come off as a troll post but I just had to say something.. rolleyes )  

xX-Miss-Sku11Kandy-Xx

VampyreofGraves

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:19 pm
This is for me, i don't wear all black, i used to, when i was a teen.. but i haven't in years.. People don't like that me oh well thats them.. I'm not here for everyone to like..  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:14 pm
xX-Miss-Sku11Kandy-Xx
DarkPhsycotic
First off, i wan't to apoligize If I do offend anyone with my last statement

Are there any goths here who does not dress like a vampire, or does not have pale skin?
I do not for two reasons

1) I am obese, and nothing from hottopic or any other store like that has my size.
well, I still buy jewelry and stuff, but still, im not full on goth

2) I try not to be a show off, If I am all paleish, or all black with leather spike-studded things, I might look like a mall goth/posuer ( no offence to the people that do look full on gothic, bc I know not all of you are posuers)

Wow, it sounds so low by the way it's stated her. "Do you dress Goth?" Goth was a group against the roman empire a long time ago not a modern trend of society if i were you I'd say "Gothic" more than "Goth" it's just more correct, because "Gothic" is a life style. (Not a style of clothing, I don't mean for this to come off as a troll post but I just had to say something.. rolleyes )

Gothic is the adjective form of goth. Goth can also be the adjective form of goth.

To say that you're gothic but not a goth is paradoxial.  

GilAskan
Crew

Jarc_The_Mighty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:50 pm
Nah, what you dress in doesn't matter. I dress in full black because I like the darker side of life. I enjoy showing off that I'm depressed, I'm open to say it. That's not what makes me goth though, so dress how you want. The clothing is more like what you are, not what group you're in. If you dress in German stuff, that just shows you enjoy your ancestry or like the Germans and just dress in what their styles were. Sure, there are gothic styles, but whether or not you dress up in them doesn't show whether or not you're gothic.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:56 pm
You dont have to have pale skin to be goth...like me i dont have pale skin... you just have to love the beauty of the dark sides in life... I want to wear goth clothes its just that i couldnt find the time to buy any and in my country...everything has to be colorful crying so all i do is wear black t-shirt and black or anything dark colored pants twisted  

Sautana

Coridan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:14 pm
Well, I don't dress it anymore, I grew out of it...But many people in this guild are scene so most of them moved onto the emo scene...
Chris...thats me. :]
Is on an effing quest, donate your unwanted stuff to me...plzktnxbai

User Image

Donators:

User Image
Total Value: 75,420 Gold
After Exclusions: 48,370 Gold
[Item Information]

Item List:
Gift of the Gods
Gift of the Gods
4x Blackrocque Helm
Damascus Armor
Damascus Armor
Damascus Armor
Egyptian Black Linen Dress
Gray Longjohns  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:13 pm
It depends, I rarely have the time. I have shitty self-confidence issues, so I dress semi-goth but not full on goth at college.

I work, and so I just have to wear jeans and a T-shirt...

But sometimes when I'm going somewhere special I dress Goth, it looks really good smile

But my piercings always show so it does give away a bit of a hint razz

Rotting Bodies

VampyreofGraves

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:06 pm
I'm goth in a sence, i just choose not to wear all black like most, i'm different.. Tho i love the more darker view's then most i know..

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff