Reply Techniques
How do you fight? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dablackgoku2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:14 am
Falcon's my man and I'm an expert in the art of dodging and quick movement. wink The guys i play with mastered this skill as well and our match rang about 20 to 30 min. long. We usually do 10 stock matches they last a long time because we never stay still. confused  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:14 pm
im a combo master
i use link alot so once your in the air youll never see the ground again

ill give you one of my combo for the NGC smash bros

link:hookshot target,press up to do a upward slash,then use spin attack while you target is in the air (your timing has to be right i mean perfect)

Sipura Shadow

Daigon the Twilight Being

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:57 am
i fight defensive and offensively and i love playimg well balenced  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:16 pm
As Fox, it depends on who I'm up against. Among the people who I play regularly, there's...

An aggressive Marth who I have to out-pace to win. Probably my most hated and difficult match-up. His disjointed hit box makes it very difficult to get in and out to land hits, so I always try to go for the U-throw to U-air. It kills at roughly 100% which isn't too hard to get to when I'm landing it on him after just about every shine.

A slow Falco. His technical skill level doesn't suit Falco at all, and he refuses to learn, so he ends up losing to me on a consistent basis when I play Fox. No particular strategy is needed, only I need to play a more aerial-oriented game to get around his lasers.

A below average Sheik. He lacks technique also, but he's getting around to learning Sheik's metagame. Again, no particular strategy necessary. Approach revolves around shine combos.

A Peach that plays at an average technical level. This match-up requires me to play carefully, so I end up laser camping a lot and shine comboing whenever I get the chance. Shine combos in this match-up usually end in a U-smash.  

Sio

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:37 pm
As Sio said, it really depends on who you're playing against.
In general, I guess I fight very aggressively, not so much against speedy melee characters, but to generalize I am very aggressive. I don't really stop moving for anything, I constantly wavedash; sometimes I wonder if I wavedash too much. As Ice Climbers, I try to get in for those desynched chain grabs as much as possible. The amount of damage I can get in a single grab, if done correctly, is enough to close any gap (not including wobbling, I don't wobble). Lots of Nana cube tossing to close the distance between me and my opponent, I try to stay within melee range at all times (for obvious reasons). I use a lot of smash attacks, I'll only use normal attacks when I'm desynched or when I have someone grabbed.

When I fight my brother, a Shiek player, all I really have to do is stay on the ground. Ice Climbers dominate Shiek, so it's a relatively easy fight.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:43 pm
Fast characters: Well I mostly stay on the defensive and dodge roll a d**k ton. When I see my op I go for quick smash attacks.

Slow Characters: Pretty much the same but I don't move much and I use more projectiles.

The Egg Man

last angel served

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:44 pm
I use speed to overwelm my oppent..  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:05 am
Mindgames yo.

No, not really.

I'll use small words we can all understand.

Lot's of aerials. Lots of Jabs. Lots of grabs. Lots of a** kicking.

Now, for those of who understand what I'm talking about.

I use Ganondorf's Bair, Dair (A LOT), and Uair. I've worked Nair into my play, but rarely use it. L-canceling is crucial for Ganondorf, obviously, and I like to L-cancel into a jab, followed by a SHFFL'd F-air/fist in your face/aerial for tech chasing.

My regular matchups include:

A marth with decent technical skill. Not quite as tech savvy as I am, but he can get into a good groove when things are going his way.

A young link/Kirby: Decent player, little to no tech skill. Not much of a challenge, unless he Kirby gimps me. gonk

My g irlfriend, the Zelda player: Elana has little, to no technical skill, but instead relies solely on mindgames and her superb ability to predict her opponents. She literally knows what I'm going to do before I do it. gonk While she doesn't wavedash, or waveland, I think she L-cancels, or at least, L-cancels into a shield, even if she doesn't realize she's doing it. From the videos I've posted here, it should be quite obvious that she's still damn good. Her Din's fire accuracy is fantastic, and I usually end up my self trying to avoid the damn things. wink

An all-around player: While I'm beating him more consistently now, he kicks my a** on a regular basis. If he loses, he immediately switches to a character he knows he can beat me with. He's a bit of an a**, and I don't really enjoy playing him that much anymore. Beat his a** at Pokemon though. razz Story for another day.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:16 am
I use Samus. I sometimes button mash but when I'm serious I don't mash as much so I have a tiny bit more time to think. I usually run, wave dash back and forth a bit just to annoy people. I like to fire missiles and energy blast. I also like d-air and grab quite a bit(I don't spam grab but I'll grab if I see the chance)  
Techniques

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff