Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
No s**t, There I Was..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:01 pm
No s**t there I was.... I was at this girl guide camp(yes I was in GGC) and my uncle his wife and son did a demo with some other fighters from the area. Theres my uncle in full armor explaining things to the camp and there goes my little cousin with his sword and helm. I get up and grab my little cousin and sit him on my lap while my uncle fights. My little cousin stole the crowd and most ppl ignored the fighting, it was so funny. and to this day.... NOTHING has changed I still have to keep an eye on the little brat while his father is fighting, the only bad thing is that he now has a little brother as well...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:10 am
this isn't reall a NSTHW story but I wanna tell it anyway.

yesterday (sunday july 16th) my mom, brother and I were at a family friends BBQ and their son is in the SCA. Right before we were about to leave I asked him if he was gonna be at Autumn War, he said deffinetly because he's hoping to be knighted there. And then he said if he was he'd put me on his retinue....well being somewhat of a newb to the SCA still I had to go home and ask Master Elexi Stormcrow what this meant and I got the 0_0 eyes from him. When I asked him what that was for he explained what a retinue was and told me if Freddy(not sure what his SCA name is) put me on his retinue I could get my AoA soon ^_^  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:17 am
Dema
this isn't reall a NSTHW story but I wanna tell it anyway.

yesterday (sunday july 16th) my mom, brother and I were at a family friends BBQ and their son is in the SCA. Right before we were about to leave I asked him if he was gonna be at Autumn War, he said deffinetly because he's hoping to be knighted there. And then he said if he was he'd put me on his retinue....well being somewhat of a newb to the SCA still I had to go home and ask Master Elexi Stormcrow what this meant and I got the 0_0 eyes from him. When I asked him what that was for he explained what a retinue was and told me if Freddy(not sure what his SCA name is) put me on his retinue I could get my AoA soon ^_^

SCORE!! lol heart wtg Dema! XD lmao and yeah I think I caught part of that convo. in that giant convo. we had on yahoo! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:22 pm
ResidentOfDarkness
ok heres another one.. at potreo my friend and i are considered "the porters" cause weve chased ove 30 cars and last war we did about 30 hours of porter XD
thats us biggrin smile ....yup  

sillybillychoochoo

Felix OFlyn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:05 pm
One of my freinds woke up with a large tarket foam bare in his sleeping bag.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:21 pm
No s**t there I was at my first (and so far only) Pennsic and we went out to go play minigolf and eat some icecream. In garb. I was in a kimono, and i couldn't sit down right, so I was just standing there eating my icecream, and this guy in a truck drove by. He was just staring at me. Like, he wouldn't even turn to look at the road until he almost ran into a building! So he went around the building and as soon as he got to the other side he started staring at me again.

Then later, we went to Walmart to buy some food, and this crazy lady walked up to me and started examining my sleeves, assuring us that she'd be in the fabric section if we wanted to talk to her. Needless to say, we avoided the fabric section of Walmart that day.  

MituKagome

Random Saxon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:12 am
No s**t, there I was...
During a VERY rainy highlands war that a comrade's trusty yurt (mongol round tent) had sprung a leak, in his absense, and was flooded one and a half inches. Despair for his belongings aside, Chinghiz (or Chingy as some know him) needed a place to sleep for the night. I would have gladly offered my tent, had I not planned for "less than social" activities with My lady. Thus, with true stickjock ingenuity and a prayer to Saint Tenacious, we did summon forth many great spools of the holy ribbon (rolls of duct tape) with which we devised a singularly brilliant, and infamous plan. We searched the lands near and far as we could be bothered to trek for the most mighty tree available, and did go hench with sleeping bags in hand. Many coolers were placed at the foot of this tree and four of our dozen member party did stand upon these coolers in their sleeping bags, and the remainder of us did secure them fast to the deciduous bunk with perhaps a bakers dozen rolls of a SCAdians best friend. As no rain was forecasted for THAT night we took a great many pictures before leaving Chinghiz and his compatriots to thier vertical resting place, as we took our coolers each. In the morning the had become quite the attraction And before they were cut down, a great many things were quessed of thier origin. Some surmised that they were hostages taken from the enemy camp, others thought perhaps booze was to blame (not entirely false) but others still forsaw it an omen for the days battles, and interpretations of such were greatly varied.
And that, as they say, is that.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:03 am
Ok. No s**t there I was...

At war recently, I got a chance to make a whole bunch of new friends from neighboring kingdoms. In fact, I spent most of my time in "enemy" territory. So I was hangin' out at a buddy's camp when someone called for us to armor up and get to the field. So I went back to my camp, armored up, and returned to my friend and his lovely little cabal of comrades, to socialize a bit longer. We talked all the way to the field, even until the fighting. It wasn't until I was already in the opposing shield wall that I realized; "Hey! That's my house banner over there!" I couldn't exactly break rank and run back over, so I took this opportunity to personally hunt down my house members and compatriots. All in all, a somewhat embarrassing, but extremely fun incident.  

The Abortionater

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:31 pm
Okay, No s**t there I was,

At the Yule feast when ... I believe it was Lord Wylfred (not 100% sure on the spelling there sweatdrop ) suggested we go to Pizza Hut! This was ... about noon-ish and the feast wasn't until 7pm-ish? And we hadn't been doing much. So me, Ysabelle, Isabelle, Lordy Wylfred, and Lady Rhiannon (not sure on her spelling either, she's Lord Wylfred's wife) pile into Lord Liam's horseless carrage and head off to Pizza hut, followed by Lady Betha and ... I'm afraid I've forgotten the kind lady's name, but her and her three children were with Lady Betha.

So we get there, and we get all the stares and everything else, and Lord Wylfred never missing a chance to show off, is extra careful to make sure he stays 100% in character.

We all decide to go with the lunch buffet and the waitress comes 'round to order drinks. She gets to Lord Wylfred, who's sitting across the table from me, and I almost couldn't contain the laughter - he tried to explain he wanted Rootbeer .... now ... Lord Wylfred was in his garb (as were we all) and in a resteraunt .... so could he simply ask for rootbeer?

nope.

I believe his description was something along the lines of 'Excuse me, M'Lady, but do you happen to have the drink comprised of roots, *there was a second part here that I can't quite remember*, that has bubbles in it?'

The best part was that she understood right away (and she wasn't a part of the SCA, so I had to give her credit for that one) and I just couldn't stop laughing after she left.

Then - we go to the buffett and people are staring at us constantly, I had one lady come up to me - hug me around my waist and tell me I looked beautiful eek ... Um I'd never met her in my life! eek

xd and we all got the random 'you look beautiful' s (I think I had about 5 before I sat down from getting my food) and such.

After I tell Lord Wylfred about that one strange woman, he just looks at me and says "she's just after your puppies" and goes back to eating! xd which had half the table errupt in laughter! xd

I mean, I knew corsets got that from guys ... but it was rather odd coming from a woman! rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:55 am
Red Zomby
Well...

I'm at Taco Bell, not strange.
However most do not expect to see a man in shining full plate order 60 tacos.
I was on a run for many people in a campsite with a busted grill.
I stood waiting as people stared at me as if had just ordered a small child cooked medium-rare. I look at a man who gaped and told him "Lotsa people sweatdrop " as if the myriad tacos were the only oddity.
I honestly had no Idea it was wierd that I was wearing my armor until I screamed "Hrothgar! get the bucket!" (for tacos) and a woman asked if we we SCAdians I was amazed. her son had actually recently killed me with a good wrap hit. We kept our cool until we were back in the truck then burst into laughter.

That pizza hut incident reminds me of this.  

Random Saxon

Snaebjorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:40 am
No s**t there I was.

Sitting in the troll booth at Pennsic 35 its about 2 am. Like usual I'm working the "dammit I can't sleep again" shift. Its been another long night. A few people randomly coming through. As usual we have a skeleton crew working. Up comes this nice little car and we all get ready hoping someone is going to break our boredom.

Out hopes this woman in a school girl uniform, collar around her neck and leash off of it. The guy is in leather pants and a nice shirt. Without even stopping he scoops her leash and walks in. The shift exec looks at me and without missing a bit goes, "Ok Snaebjorn. These are your kind of people. You handle it."

I just laugh and motion them over and smile. Without a single hesitation I just looked from her to him and spoke to him. "Do you mind uncollaring the pet during war Sir? I'm sure your used to having the leash but it might some uncomfortable." He just laughed and she blushed. He said something about not even thinking about it and I assured him it was quite fine with me as I was used to such things.

For the next 8 days they were at war (turns out they were camping down the road from me) she blushed everytime she seen me. She was cute as hell too. *laughs*  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:05 pm
No s**t there I was at a potreo war. Somthing happened and I thought Holly Crap the guys in my guild would love this! I forgot what it was XD  

MorganOfCalafia

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:24 pm
No s**t there I was asleep in my tent when I heard my dad who was drunk at the time yell "How do you sell a deff man a duck?" noone awnsers so my ad screams at the top of his lungs "YOU WANNA BUY A DUCK!" (sorry i know its boring. In about eight year Ill be telling you about my drunk stories)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:39 pm
Here is one for those Pennsic Vets who work at volunteer points.

No s**t there I was sitting in troll when in comes one of the execs, Cadell. Grinning like a mad man he holds up a string covered in pennsic medallions. Immediately we all know what he's holding up. Its Sir Edward's pennsic tokens. Seems Edward had left his tokens on accident in the Yama Kaminari bathhouse. Well it wasn't long after this that Edward came into Troll asking if we had his medallions. What else could we possibly do but tell him we didn't. We put on one of baby bracelets and made him wear it for awhile before we told him the truth. Of course Edward grumped and griped good naturedly when it was all revealed. He is the one who is always saying "Don't make any exceptions for the rules. Not even for me!"  

Snaebjorn

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:31 am
Naito_Mitsukai
Okay, No s**t there I was,

At the Yule feast when ... I believe it was Lord Wylfred (not 100% sure on the spelling there sweatdrop ) suggested we go to Pizza Hut! This was ... about noon-ish and the feast wasn't until 7pm-ish? And we hadn't been doing much. So me, Ysabelle, Isabelle, Lordy Wylfred, and Lady Rhiannon (not sure on her spelling either, she's Lord Wylfred's wife) pile into Lord Liam's horseless carrage and head off to Pizza hut, followed by Lady Betha and ... I'm afraid I've forgotten the kind lady's name, but her and her three children were with Lady Betha.

So we get there, and we get all the stares and everything else, and Lord Wylfred never missing a chance to show off, is extra careful to make sure he stays 100% in character.

We all decide to go with the lunch buffet and the waitress comes 'round to order drinks. She gets to Lord Wylfred, who's sitting across the table from me, and I almost couldn't contain the laughter - he tried to explain he wanted Rootbeer .... now ... Lord Wylfred was in his garb (as were we all) and in a resteraunt .... so could he simply ask for rootbeer?

nope.

I believe his description was something along the lines of 'Excuse me, M'Lady, but do you happen to have the drink comprised of roots, *there was a second part here that I can't quite remember*, that has bubbles in it?'

The best part was that she understood right away (and she wasn't a part of the SCA, so I had to give her credit for that one) and I just couldn't stop laughing after she left.

Then - we go to the buffett and people are staring at us constantly, I had one lady come up to me - hug me around my waist and tell me I looked beautiful eek ... Um I'd never met her in my life! eek

xd and we all got the random 'you look beautiful' s (I think I had about 5 before I sat down from getting my food) and such.

After I tell Lord Wylfred about that one strange woman, he just looks at me and says "she's just after your puppies" and goes back to eating! xd which had half the table errupt in laughter! xd

I mean, I knew corsets got that from guys ... but it was rather odd coming from a woman! rofl

hehehehee priceless, hopefully I'll have some more NSTHIW stories come next season since last season I only went to one f--king event >.<  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff