Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Should we fear Death? (opinion) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Promise to only state your opinion, no arguements?
  yeah. =)
View Results

xAsh-chanx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:34 pm
I fear life more than I fear death.

But I believe that fearing the inevitable is just a waste of time. You can't stop death, so you might as well enjoy the life you have. There's no use in making a big deal out of something like that razz  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:43 am
Well we all die there is nothing we can do about it so i try not to worry about it, there's really no point.  

bleak-angel

The_Super_Nintenho

Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:19 pm
Fearing death I think is sorta a thing we do go through, but in one time or another we do face it, and really I'm kinda interested to see what kind of place I go to when I die, I believe I will go to a better place then this, and after I die I might experience a better after-life then this life alone, really this life is just the beginning of another.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:38 am
I have died. I remember how it was.

Imagine losing the will to fight for your life. It leaves slowly, inevitably. Your sense of self dissolves into pieces, scattering, but there's no oblivion. There's life itself, swirling like a thousand points of light, the beating heart of the planet, and you join with it, becoming a part of it. For that time, all pain, joy, love, elation, stress, worry, all the things you've felt and suffered through fades, and you are part of what could never feel more natural or wonderful.

Then I got squeezed back together and thrust back into my body.

I know what awaits me, and I'm anxious for it, but not so anxious to miss out on what else I can do here!  

Divinity Rage

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:12 am
Maybe death is feared because one doesn't know what is going to happen. It's scary because it's an unknown territory and is the opposite of life, which we all like in one way or another. I fear death a little, but half the time I don't really think about it. That's probably the whole point. Don't think about it too much and just keep with your life until it's time, thought one doesn't know when that will be.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:47 pm
I don't fear death... i embrace its coming... i think that death is only the first step in life really  

LargoTheGreat

VampyreofGraves

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:40 pm
i dont think we should, but thats just my veiw  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:00 pm
LargoTheGreat
I don't fear death... i embrace its coming... i think that death is only the first step in life really
Helluva wait for that "first step" (under normal circumstances), if you ask me.
What is all of life before that? Baby steps?  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

osirisgoauldgoddess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:17 pm
I can only speak for me here. I`m not afraid of death. I had always felt that something goes on afterwards and had more then one experience to get my prove on that. Death is not the problem, but I´m afraid of the way of dying. Fever death is a nice crossing, but there are other ways.Oh well, sooner or later it will happen. I hope us all that it goes quickly.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:11 am
I don't think anyone should really fear death, for it is Inevitable. Instead what we should fear is how we will meet death. What terms we will be on with loved ones as well as with yourself when the end comes.... Death is not what I fear, it is regret.  

togetherindeath

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:57 pm
I think that it is important to fear death. As Marylin Manson says in "Reflecting God", "without the threat of death there's no reason to live at all". Until recently I thought that was a silly line, but recently I have found that the greatest growth and eventual happiness comes from the most difficult trials. This works on a societal level as well. I mean, think of Hitler: So many aspects of the modern world are as they are thanks to him. Women got a big foot in the world when all the men went to war, and the feminist movement gained momentum as more women decided they liked doing men's jobs. The world has (more or less) recognised that racial and religious stereotypes are bad. Great technological and scientific advances were made. And so on.

If you are wise, you will fear death, for the apathetic live lives that may as well be death.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:58 pm
I, personally, do not fear death.

I don't think death should be feared. Its a part of life we all have to accept. Though I think the reason some people do fear death is because they fear the unknown. Death is the unknown, death is the ending, death is our eternal sleep. I think death as eternal peace actually.

Its a positive concept to think of death as eternal peace... x3  

RabidFerretKins

VampyreofGraves

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:56 pm
thats like saying do you fear life, no i'm not afraid of death.. tho have tryed to kill myself many times threw out the years, yet i'm still here.. so its a view i guess..  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:13 am
i personally fear death but also,to the open mind,death is but the next great adventure.  

Stargazer Dante

xXsweetsorrowsnightXx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:38 pm
death isnt scary stare  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items