Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
do YOUR parents have a problem with twilight? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

beiber_fever69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:06 pm
Rofl i have always said "ew books; ew reading" and that s**t
but since I've read Twilight , my mom's happy rofl.
so like
ya xD  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:06 am
I hate howmy parents (dad mostly) are always like...why do you keep reading all that stuff about monsters and crap...and i'm like, because it's the best book i've ever read...they think they can find me "better" books instead but they don't seem to have any problems with the RA Salvatore books that my brother and i read...i mean, you should read those things, they're disgusting. Also, they wouldn't get me New Moon for the longest time so i just kept reading twilight over and over and they hated it...my mom usually buys them for me anyway  

baby_beanie13

Mizuki_707

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:44 pm
my mom h8s me reading this series so my dad buys them 4 me same thing with mangas & my grandma REALLY dosent want me reading them . ( butjmy grammy is actually reading the twilight series & likes it so far & is telling grandma & mom it's ok wink )  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:12 am
My parents don't mind my choice in literature. I think they're used to the idea of me reading the "weird stuff" because of my tastes in manga.
Let's be honest, now. Which is weirder. A girl moving to a small town in Washington who falls in love with a vampire and is best friends with a werewolf, or a girl who is secretly a vampire but who gets nosebleeds and has too much blood instead of not enough.

Anyway, my parents would have a hard time getting me to stop reading Twilight anyway.  

Kaizoku-sensei

silver nymph

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:18 pm
My parents don't really care about what I read...and I'm grateful for that.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:33 pm
My parents don't have a problem with it.

They think it's weird when parents don't let their kids read books like Harry Potter, etc.

They just ask, "HOW many times have you read that book?" occasionally.

But they think it's good that I've found a book I really like..  

PurpleViolinist

PrimeOdd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:32 pm
My parents are happy that I read Twilight. They are glad something finally got me to start reading.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:15 pm
My perants are fine with it. But they kind of get angry when i spend the whole day in my bedroom reading them, and that i read them in one sitting. I bought Eclipse on August 7th, the day it was released and finished it that night. (i'm a really fast reader, it had taken me about 9 hours.)

I didn't read at all before Twilight, except for school. Now i read so much! My grades have improved. Twilight got me into reading, this last week i have read 7 books. > biggrin

I've turned into a damn bookworm though. D:  

Striking

Fifii

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:16 pm
nope my parents just love the fact that i'm reading  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:27 pm
A while ago, I was going through depression and I couldn't sleep at night, so I read Harry Potter pretty much 24/7. My dad said it was the book's fault that I couldn't sleep and that he wanted me to get an exorcism. eek And that is why he doesn't know about Twilight. XD  

BUGS ARE PEOPLE TOO

Wheezing Capitalist

m3_3aT_mUffinS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:41 pm
My mom has read the whole series and she loves it.
My dad could care less.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:25 pm
ughhh. at first, my mom to say, is very prejudice.
the night I got Twilight, she totally freaked out that I had a book about vampires & took it away from me.

ICOMEFROMACHRISTIANFAMILYLOL.

like for example if she heard the music I listened to & I told them the band was christian,
she'd totally freak without even thinking about the whole christianity fact.

my mom thinks I'm like a 5 year old, so I fought back, and she let me read them. the only problem now
is that she doesn't want me to buy the books, she only wants me to borrow them from the library.

D:

at least I can read them though.

heck, once I read the 3 books, I'm sure I'll still be that happy little Christian girl that I still am.
my dad would care less about what I'm reading, as long it's age appropriate for me.

heartache in stereo

Splashfur

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:47 am
eek

My mother does not have a problem with what I read, I could read anything from here to France and she would not mind.
My father on the other hand, lets just say that going to a Borders Bookstore with him is like poking my eyes out with a sharp stick.
When I wanted to get Twilight a while back he kept looking at the book and said, 'you should not be reading stuff like this, your not allowed to read it.' Ok, that just pissed me off.
I am, and always have been, a bookworm. This is why I was so pissed, I have read such bloody stories that they gave me nightmares and yet I am not allowed to read a drama/romance novel?!?
I think he is mad because I said I wanted to live in Washington. mrgreen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:13 am
Wow,I didn't think about that sweatdrop .My parents don't mind at all because it's a pretty decently clean book. And I love the series =3.

deathtail

xXgoth_girl12Xx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:44 pm
My mom's a librarian, so she thinks it;s great that I like to read books and she doesn't really care what I real as long as it isn't inapropriate. My dad's the same way (Except he works at SRS), bur just a little more watchful.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff