Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flamer42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:58 am
So uhm, what do you think of Tie Phantom Fighters?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:44 am
Flamer42
So uhm, what do you think of Tie Phantom Fighters?
cool looking, but too expensive to put into service. the old school cloaking device they use costs about 200 million credits or more.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Flamer42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:47 am
My thoughts exactly. Those cloaking devices were way too expensive. I would be afraid of putting on something that is so easily destroyed.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:27 am
Flamer42
My thoughts exactly. Those cloaking devices were way too expensive. I would be afraid of putting on something that is so easily destroyed.
the cloaking devices made them impractical. why would you want a cloak unshielded tie fighter? granted it wouldn't suffer the double blind problem of the new Cloaks, but the device itself would make them far to costly for combat duty  

Sol Walker
Crew

Flamer42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:40 am
What do you think of Chiss Clawcraft?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:55 am
Flamer42
What do you think of Chiss Clawcraft?
they remind me of the Twi'lek Chir'daki or Deathseeds. they're easy on the eyes with their graceful lines but like any Tie only good in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Tiderion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:03 pm
the phantom ties from rebel assault 2 were actually pretty cheap to mass produce. the cloaking device was all next gen-ish. instead of projecting a field in which the fighter hides a mineral that is harvested somehow resonates in space making it effectively...not there. not phased however, just cloaked.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:28 pm
Tiderion
the phantom ties from rebel assault 2 were actually pretty cheap to mass produce. the cloaking device was all next gen-ish. instead of projecting a field in which the fighter hides a mineral that is harvested somehow resonates in space making it effectively...not there. not phased however, just cloaked.
Called Stygium crystals, the same kind used on rebublic ships.  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:05 pm
I wonder..did the cloaking device used by GAT seed from the same as the Phantom?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sovereing Class Star Destroyer: The Sovereign.

Sorry I couldnt resist...heheh.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Tiderion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:29 pm
apparently the sovereign is hosted by tripod...

and generally speaking the phantom ties were a completely different cloaking technology than that youd see anywhere else.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:03 pm
Great, now we have sponserers for our ships....  

Flamer42

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:57 pm
yeah. imagine a star destroyer done up like a Nascar Machine  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:32 pm
i didnt wwanna host it myself..i have no room lol  

FrozenPhoenix32

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:36 am
Indianapolis 500 anyone? LOL, that'd be great, since isn't the SW con in Indianapolis? It's in April, I believe...  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games