Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)
Here's my work! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Head count.
  +1
View Results

Bellabie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:56 pm
koromyst

It looks great even if it's photo-ed! ^o^

I second that motion!
b  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:14 am
Bellabie
koromyst

It looks great even if it's photo-ed! ^o^

I second that motion!
b

Thirded... and bumping this to the top to get the love and appreciation it deserves. heart  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Krusadin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:32 am
Does anyone else ever get that feeling...the more they draw, the worse their drawings look? Because I know that I do. Maybe it's me getting awfully judgemental or something. Or maybe not.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:26 am
Krusadin
User Image

I messed up the sleeve but I still like him xp
This is fanart piece.

Personally, it reminds me of Dr. Riddles from Zatch Bell. I can just see it now.

Dr. Riddles: "Look, Kiddo! She drew a picture of me!"

Kiddo: "Is that really a picture of you? It's very good!"

Dr. Riddles: "Actually, I was only kidding you!"

Kiddo: gonk  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:27 am
Krusadin
Bellabie
Krusadin
*has been wanting to ask this question for a while now...*
What's a medium?
ninja

The term medium is, most simply, the supplies you used or the form of art. For instance, you work primarily in the mediums of pencil and ink, however there may also be combinations. Medium is, I believe, most basically derived from substance, but I may be wrong. Think of terms such as multi-media, for example.
I hope that has clarified things at least a little bit.

Lovely artwork! Seeing all that you've done has really inspired me, and I agree. Drawing from requests and things truly is an ideal form of practice.
Best of luck,
b

I just noticed this now....Thanks!

Just be sure that you stay in the realm of art terminology, otherwise a 'medium' could also be considered person who speaks to the dead.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:32 am
kyangfan
Whoa... the pic is lovely. I really like all the tones of blue, and the pose with the momo. biggrin Thanks for taking the time to draw my dream avi!

Ah, yes, the pose with the Momo. Stupid lucky-a** Momo, getting his face all up in there... blaugh  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:43 am
Ah.. that feeling. I have a theory on that. I call it 'T.J.'s Theory on Skill Nullification'. Here is the premise.

If a person uses a skill for an extended period of time, the quality of the finished products will increase up to a certain threshold. At that peak, it will remain for a short period of time. Then, the body and mind start to exhaust, and requires rest. If one attempts to use said skill during rest the proficiency of said skill will decrease as long as the skill is used. Therefore, it is recommended to stop the repetitive use of one's skill at it's peak, and engage in the use of it the next day, when the body has had time to reboot. A skill will never entirely go away; however, it must be kept in practice to maintain quality. If a person who draws a lot gives up drawing for a year then tries again, only 5-10% of the original skill will be evident, though repitition will bring about the peak talent once more. However, it is to be noted that a greater amount of repetition is required after a period of stagnancy, and the time required to regain skill after said periods are cumulative.

*Looks at Kru with concern* Understand? Or does your head hurt?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:16 am
Not at all...I managed to get the basic idea from that.
And I did know what a medium was, just never heard it as an art term.  

Krusadin

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:51 am
Mobius Nightshade
Ah.. that feeling. I have a theory on that. I call it 'T.J.'s Theory on Skill Nullification'. Here is the premise.

If a person uses a skill for an extended period of time, the quality of the finished products will increase up to a certain threshold. At that peak, it will remain for a short period of time. Then, the body and mind start to exhaust, and requires rest. If one attempts to use said skill during rest the proficiency of said skill will decrease as long as the skill is used. Therefore, it is recommended to stop the repetitive use of one's skill at it's peak, and engage in the use of it the next day, when the body has had time to reboot. A skill will never entirely go away; however, it must be kept in practice to maintain quality. If a person who draws a lot gives up drawing for a year then tries again, only 5-10% of the original skill will be evident, though repitition will bring about the peak talent once more. However, it is to be noted that a greater amount of repetition is required after a period of stagnancy, and the time required to regain skill after said periods are cumulative.

That makes a certain amount of sense... previously I used to put the symptoms down to "lack of inspiration", but your theory seems to provide a better explanation. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:16 pm
*random comment*
personally i dont care if your exhausted or not...i think your art looks fantastic.... but that might just be because mine sucks so horribly...  

coreykill

Krusadin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:44 am
I always appreciate your support (and randomness). Thank you.
heart  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:57 pm
Well, did you thought all that up, Mobius? O_o
Or was it taken from some book on basic psychology? o_O
Either way, it's a great explanation xD

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Krusadin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:08 pm
Mobius Nightshade

Apparently that's what people call him irl..."T.J."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:20 pm
Krusadin

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

these are the best i have ever seen your great  

EMO_Tony_Fox

Krusadin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:17 am
Dang, Tony....didn't notice you change your avatar. It would have been easier to draw. Oh, well.  
Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games