Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tiderion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:37 am
Flamer42
I also had seen somewhere that the blade had more "power" in it. I wonder what that ment.
sith kick a** for two reasons: first, their equipment and weapons are practically relics in the amount of force energy they pour into them. it is not uncommon for a sith lightsaber to have no controls on it because really all you need is a strong bond with the weapon and you can influence it to work for you through the force. secondly, later on vaapad (or form 7 for those counting) of lightsaber combat is deadly and aggressive and very force connected. sith steal this combat style from the jedi.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:33 pm
Tiderion
Flamer42
I also had seen somewhere that the blade had more "power" in it. I wonder what that ment.
sith kick a** for two reasons: first, their equipment and weapons are practically relics in the amount of force energy they pour into them. it is not uncommon for a sith lightsaber to have no controls on it because really all you need is a strong bond with the weapon and you can influence it to work for you through the force. secondly, later on vaapad (or form 7 for those counting) of lightsaber combat is deadly and aggressive and very force connected. sith steal this combat style from the jedi.
the sith also had swords that could parry lightsabre attacks. though not composed of cortosis, they were alchemically treated for increased sharpness and durability. they also created the much feared Sith Lavanrok  

Sol Walker
Crew

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:23 pm
Doesn't a lot of a blade's attribute come from the crystals, though?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:30 pm
jedi_master_tenku
Doesn't a lot of a blade's attribute come from the crystals, though?
yep. it defines the blade's color and properties. some jedi mix other jems in with the saber crystals for added effects. Ive heard of dragon pearls and corusica gems being used to boost the blade's power, though you tell me where the heck they could get such priceless stones.  

Sol Walker
Crew

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:51 pm
Well, if you play KOTOR, there's a Force sensitive cave on Dantooine where you can find stones, you take them from the lightsabers of the Sith you kill, and oyu get the Krayt Dragon pearl from defeating a krayt dragon on Tatooine. blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:59 pm
jedi_master_tenku
Well, if you play KOTOR, there's a Force sensitive cave on Dantooine where you can find stones, you take them from the lightsabers of the Sith you kill, and oyu get the Krayt Dragon pearl from defeating a krayt dragon on Tatooine. blaugh
actually, presious gems have been used in lightsabers to modify the blade's properties well before KOTOR.  

Sol Walker
Crew

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:01 pm
CaleDarksun
jedi_master_tenku
actually, presious gems have been used in lightsabers to modify the blade's properties well before KOTOR.

Well, I know, I was just listing the only place I can remember actually knowing where to find crystals.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:25 pm
jedi_master_tenku
CaleDarksun
jedi_master_tenku

Well, I know, I was just listing the only place I can remember actually knowing where to find crystals.
I see. though I doubt the existance of the cave on dantooine. another technique for force crystals is to just imbue regular crystals with the force. mostly these are quarzt or similar stones that are crystalized. but one need to meditate and focus on leaving a force impresion in the stones for them to be able to harness a saber's beam.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:27 pm
nice patch. where did you find it?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:28 pm
I actually picked it up as a freebie at the San Diego Comic Con this past summer.  

jedi_master_tenku

Tiderion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:46 pm
well it has been noted that other sorts of stones and crystal formations are capable of altering a lightsaber blade though it is not common to see this after around 2000yrs before ANH. this is attributed to how depleted the jedi had become. things such as light saber construction were guided by masters at that point as conflict tore apart the great libraries and the jedi order hadnt centralized itself enough.

so yeah the game KOTOR is not a good example of how lightsaber construction works generally. three crystals is a maximum youll see and even then it is rare to see a lightsaber with three. more than likely two crystals. also you have to be careful about imbuing crystals with the force because not all crystals are strong enough to handle the energy throughput. but thats why only jedi are capable of constructing a lightsaber...its hard as s**t in certain circumstances to find the right crystal and even make it. but as they say, you dont actually make the lightsaber, the force makes it for you.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:50 pm
Tiderion
well it has been noted that other sorts of stones and crystal formations are capable of altering a lightsaber blade though it is not common to see this after around 2000yrs before ANH. this is attributed to how depleted the jedi had become. things such as light saber construction were guided by masters at that point as conflict tore apart the great libraries and the jedi order hadnt centralized itself enough.

so yeah the game KOTOR is not a good example of how lightsaber construction works generally. three crystals is a maximum youll see and even then it is rare to see a lightsaber with three. more than likely two crystals. also you have to be careful about imbuing crystals with the force because not all crystals are strong enough to handle the energy throughput. but thats why only jedi are capable of constructing a lightsaber...its hard as s**t in certain circumstances to find the right crystal and even make it. but as they say, you dont actually make the lightsaber, the force makes it for you.
so, can you explain to me why I ended up with a blade the color of a blaster bolt? the weird thing was, i was shooting for green.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Tiderion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:47 pm
CaleDarksun
Tiderion

so, can you explain to me why I ended up with a blade the color of a blaster bolt? the weird thing was, i was shooting for green.
....what?

blaster bolt color being? many are red, some are green, few are blue, and less are grey.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:34 pm
This is true...  

Flamer42

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:12 am
I always assumed it was because I crafted it from the barrel of a blaster rifle...been thinking of getting a new handle but I never have the time.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff