Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! :o Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:10 am
I can't remember where I've seen it but there is a hack to enable the "tuck in" action as a pie menu option.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:02 pm
Just Because I Say So
Enelya Anarion
Noembelu
SilverMaple
Noembelu

Here's something I found out LONG ago, but never really shared it.

This refers to a Sim CONSOLE game. For me, it was The Sims for X-Box.

I didn't know that adult sims can "tuck in" children. They basically adjust the kid's covers, and give them a little kiss on the forehead. However, the action is completely autonomous. sad

They do that in the PC game too.

Really? surprised

Too bad I have free-will off. mad
You can actually command your sims to do it, I've had the dad of one of my little toddlers do it out of curiousity. It's so cute! :'D

I don't know if you can do it to children, but I know that when a toddler is asleep and you click on the toddler the option will appear.

Yeah, but only the toddlers. Tucking in children are, sadly, autonomous. Stupid game; I love the 'tuck in' animation.

No, I think you can do it to children, if you have a high enough relation ship.

Idk, I forgot. X.X

Sunshine-Girl22

Chef Tine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:38 am
When you have a married couple of the same age, one dies (and you think the other will follow because thier age bar is full as well) the later sim will get added a few more days at life.

I guess grim can't handle two deaths in one night?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:35 pm
Go drill your gases, go dig your graves;;

Babies are fireproof.

Then fill your mouth with all the money you will save.

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:22 pm
Madame Maggot

Babies are fireproof.

So are toddlers and children. Difference being if you have Seasons and a child overheats then the social worker comes for them.

According to SimPE, which I'm just poking around in, if you have the Headmaster over, trying to get into Private School then if you get him in the hot tub, give him a coffe or let him have a drink from a bar then you get +10 points for each.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:40 pm
Menaceman
Madame Maggot

Babies are fireproof.

So are toddlers and children. Difference being if you have Seasons and a child overheats then the social worker comes for them.

According to SimPE, which I'm just poking around in, if you have the Headmaster over, trying to get into Private School then if you get him in the hot tub, give him a coffe or let him have a drink from a bar then you get +10 points for each.

Hilarious how children weren't fireproof in Sims 1.  

Noembelu

Candy Cane Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:13 pm
Combine aspiration rewards for even bigger boosts. For example, if your Sim is wearing a Thinking Cap and feeds Smart Milk to their Toddler, the Toddler builds skill four times as fast.

--
That's the cheat EA sent me when I registered my game. Weird trick though. o.o

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:31 pm
You can 'Hot Smooch' and 'Love Talk' on those Nightlife chairs.

God, was I freaked out when I saw the pie menu. Having the game so long and not realizing this option! burning_eyes

The Fishnet Mafia

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:58 pm
Panic Academy
You can 'Hot Smooch' and 'Love Talk' on those Nightlife chairs.

God, was I freaked out when I saw the pie menu. Having the game so long and not realizing this option! burning_eyes
I am the Mindfreak...There's no reality, only this world of illusions....

Woah! What chairs?

I've never seen that =o

I never knew that breaking up made the dump-ee run away =(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:22 am
Dizzy_G
I have found out that for some reason, all my sims MUST make their beds. If it is unmade and they want to go make them, I cannot canel their action until they have completed the process. >.< I think it is a bug

Really? My sims often leave messy beds all the time. Only when the environment bar goes down do I have a sim clean it up and even then, none of mine want to xp  

Yoko Froggy

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:13 pm
I never knew about the grilled-cheese aspiration =o =o I totally discovered it today by accident. I love it. Whenever my sims aspiration meters are low, I make them use the thing, so they can get platinum just by eating, and then I restore their regular aspirations xD

Edit- also never knew about all the options under 'play' ad 'flirt' and such in the pie menu that appear when a sim is eating at a table with another one =o
I like, got excited, and, wanted to try them out, and almost made this girl flirt with the wrong husband. Families of eight are oh so confusing.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:18 am
Yoko Froggy
Dizzy_G
I have found out that for some reason, all my sims MUST make their beds. If it is unmade and they want to go make them, I cannot canel their action until they have completed the process. >.< I think it is a bug

Really? My sims often leave messy beds all the time. Only when the environment bar goes down do I have a sim clean it up and even then, none of mine want to xp

There's a hack for that somewhere so that you can cancel out the action. It depends on how neat your Sims are I think. Sloppy Sims wont do it on their own and wont want to when you tell them but Neat Sims will do it right after they get up. Or as soon as they have a free minute if you've qued something up first.

Something I've known for a while but thought some of you might not is that the GUitar can be recoloured after you've bought it. I dunno why you can't choose the colour before you place it but afterwards you can use the design tool to choose between two other designs.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Sanus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:35 am
Not all babies are death proof, apparently. I was playing the Broke family and I forgot to feed Beau. And he died. D:

And I noticed that when sims fall asleep in their food, their hunger bar still goes up. XDDD

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:59 pm
Toddlers can dance to the raido! It's soo cute! XD

(They do it on thier own, unfortunetly it's not something you can make them do.)

Chef Tine

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:40 pm
Menaceman
Madame Maggot

Babies are fireproof.

No, children can catch on fire. I'm in the process of making a haunted house, and wanted to have twin girls (like from The Shining, except these were from The Siming). I didn't know how to kill them easily without the social worker coming, so I put them in a room with fireplaces, rugs, and chairs, and they caught on fire. Of course, I had boolprop on, so that might have affected it.

Speaking of boolprop, I didn't know you could shift+click a tombstone and change its death. I also didn't know you could just drag people's bars up and down (I killed all of my ghosts by dragging their hunger down to 0 and changing their tombstone to fit their stories). It made the haunted house process go a lot easier, because I didn't have to wait around for my sims to die.

Also, it's actually rather hard to get a sim to die by electricity, from my experience. I electrocuted my sim 3 times and he still survived (this was before I discovered I could change their deaths). Of course, the TV caught on fire and I had to plead with the grim reaper so I could have him die by electrocution instead of fire, because I locked the sim in his own room with a broken TV and forgot to add a sprinkler.  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff