Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)
Open for Requests... [Closed Temporarily][Updated! 02/04/08] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Give it a go?
  Yes!
  No!
View Results

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:36 pm
Oh, that sucks... I don't have a locker (even though I'm a senior, I know... I've just never broken out of the middle-school habit of having all my folders and things with me ^^;; ) so I guess I can't say I've done that before, though plenty of my friends have had the experience... sweatdrop Can't wait to see the art! ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:05 pm
Ooh... Krusadin's is so pretty! biggrin And I like the pensive expression in the first one... You should enter one of these lovelies in the art contest! 3nodding

And never are you an unproductive/poor artist. Never say such a thing, for 'tis not true. *pokies heart *  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Bellabie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:09 pm
Thank you thank you thank you!
heart
You make me feel so much better.
Thank you!
I'm truly grateful.
b  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:20 pm
Hey Bella, this might seem really random, but when's your birthday? biggrin  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Bellabie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:02 pm
Do you mind if I send it to you in a PM?
I'd sort of like to keep it out of complete public.
Sorry...

No worries, m'dear. It's a reasonable wonder.
b  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:00 pm
Oh okay... Hmm. Go check your inbox, if you haven't already. wink  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Bellabie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:13 pm
GAH
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thnak you thank you thank you thank yuo!
heart whee heart 3nodding heart whee
I am eternally grateful.
Thank you so very much!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:45 am
User Image

Wonder what she gave you ehehehe...
Anyway, are you still drawing or you're really serious on the temporarily closing thingy? xD

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Bellabie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:30 pm
The lovely, lovely Kyangfan gave me this beautiful Gothic Veil!
heart Eee! heart

I'm still drawing, but I haven't scanned anything lately. I'll submit more in a bit, I guess. Nothing has been Gaia themed, though. I still owe people art. My schedule makes this tricky. I may have to charge a tiny bit... (Is seventy-five gold fair?)
b  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:00 pm
I'd personally be willing to give more than that for your art, Bella. mrgreen ...still, I think most people can easily afford to pay 75g. Just by posting and commenting once they can get more than that daily. ^^  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Astarte Dindel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:35 pm
I know your closed right now, but when you open, it'd be really cool if you get draw my avatar! Thankies!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:03 pm
As you wish, m'dear!
b  

Bellabie

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:04 am
User Image

Wow~ xD Lucky! You're charging your art for 75g, Bella? O_o
Why not round it up to 100? sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:25 am
Should I not charge?
I don't know... I don't want to charge so much. Better artists than I give things away, I feel guilty to charge...
b  

Bellabie

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:25 am
Aww, Bella... now you're making me feel guilty. sad Well, think of it this way: when people do anything that is not precisely for themselves, there usually has to be an incentive of some sorts. Sometimes it's the utter happiness of being generous for the sake of be being generous (and that feels very nice ^^) but sometimes when one factors in the amount of time and work needed, one has to make the need to do that something more immediate to oneself.

Psychologically speaking, when you have people who are willing to pay for your work, you mentally feel like your work has more value, in a greater sphere of influence. Also there is the sense of a deadline-- of an agreement-- that one can fit into one's schedule... sorta like homework (ignoring the fact that homework is not artistic sweatdrop )! We could do homework of our own volition, considering that it helps us to learn concepts and is self-improvement... but naturally most people aren't going to do that. So most teachers make it count for a grade, so that students see there is an additional benefit: they do their homework, they learn it, and they do well on the tests and get good grades. Of course, they can still choose not to do homework, but then they must accept the costs of their decision.

Sorry that was so long, btw... I hope it managed to get across what I was thinking, though. sweatdrop  
Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games