Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
$The Random Caravan$ Your Spontaneous Spam Space! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:33 pm

blukattt
In my opinion, Thanksgiving, along with most other holidays, no matter what faith or path you follow, should be celebrated as a season, rather than a single day. 3nodding

You just want a whole season to have your fill of cranberry sauce xd
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:04 am

Atma311
blukattt
In my opinion, Thanksgiving, along with most other holidays, no matter what faith or path you follow, should be celebrated as a season, rather than a single day. 3nodding

Well who wouldn't?! LOL xd And turkey leftovers too!

blukattt
Crew

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:14 am

blukattt
Atma311

Well who wouldn't?! LOL xd And turkey leftovers too!

I think people already do that- at my folks' house, at least, turkey leftovers used to last well into the New Year. Turkey sandwiches, turkey stew, plain turkey, cold turkey... anything we could think of to get rid of it. We'd be thoroughly sick of it by January, so I don't know why we always insisted on having turkey for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.

These days Arcane and I have taken to celebrating Thanksgiving with samurai movie marathons.^_^ This year we had a stack of movies so high we couldn't even watch them all in one day- so we'll just be picking up next year where we left off.^_~

Btw- nice new banner on the guild homepage.^_^
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:01 am

But of coruse, Weben. biggrin I was going for something more universal.

Jameta
Captain

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:41 pm

Oh! I didn't notice that. Usually, I just keep the guild page open over night so I don't have to keep logging in, going to profile, etc...

Good job 3nodding
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:55 pm

redface Really, it's nothing, just made it in paint...

Jameta
Captain

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:51 pm

Jameta
But of course, Weben. biggrin I was going for something more universal.

It is noticed and appreciated.^_^
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:18 pm

Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
My break? Non-existent. Then again, I celebrated Thanksgiving along with the rest of my Canadian brethren. Before Halloween.

Why are they on different dates anyway?
Presidential appointement. In the U.S., Abraham Lincoln declared Nov. whatever to be Thanksgiving; the actual date has been moved around a few times for various reasons.
Interesting. Why'd he declare that?

I'm at peace with the Canadian date, as it fits well with Lughnasad

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:31 pm

Who knows? But I read that one president tried to move the date up to the second to last Thursday in November, in order to extend the Christmas season during a time of economic depression. People went nuts! They hated it, and the date was restored the following year and was never messed with again. So now that we're in the habit, I don't think it'll be changing anytime soon.^_~

But since Thanksgiving is really a celebration of a state of mind, rather than a specific event, I'm not surprised to see some variance in the dates. It's a lot more difficult to date an attitude, y'know?^_^

A brief history of the Thanksgiving holiday^_^
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:40 pm

I'm sorry I don't drop by enough. I've been bus with other things. I see this everytime on my guild page yet I can hardly be bothered to come in. I'm terribly sorry.
Life has been getting a bit weird. My best friend has been acting differently as well as acting and looking down lately. My attention has been place on him most of the time.

Kraeven

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:26 pm

Hey, no problem- I believe most of us understand what you're experiencing. 3nodding This isn't a place of burden- it's a place to learn, play, and be one's self.

The only one's a really can't say this for is for the crew- we have to do some work to try to keep things running. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:00 pm

Jameta
Hey, no problem- I believe most of us understand what you're experiencing. 3nodding This isn't a place of burden- it's a place to learn, play, and be one's self.

The only one's a really can't say this for is for the crew- we have to do some work to try to keep things running. sweatdrop
Interesting little conundrum.

Next semester I get to be an English tutor (hurray!) It's a specific class (counts for credits and everything) that's split between heavy literature discussion, and they actually teach you how to teach English, thens end you on shifts of the drop-in writing center.

Nice set-up actually.

But through this, I might end up with less work to do after school.

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:26 pm

Nihilistic Seraph
Next semester I get to be an English tutor (hurray!) It's a specific class (counts for credits and everything) that's split between heavy literature discussion, and they actually teach you how to teach English, thens end you on shifts of the drop-in writing center.

Nice set-up actually.

Congratulations! Sounds like a lot of fun. 3nodding
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:34 pm

blukattt
Nihilistic Seraph

Nice set-up actually.

Congratulations! Sounds like a lot of fun. 3nodding
Thanks whee Seeing as teaching English is one of the things I want to do, it's really good for me.

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:15 am

English teaching sounds like fun. I'm going into art education meself. First though, I'm going into the Air Force. I want the travel and need it to pay for college. rolleyes
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games