Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 804 805 806 807 808 809 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King Kento

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:48 pm
hex_xombie
My easter was pretty uneventful.

Got a job and am already considering quitting. I hate the job...They tricked me and s**t and half the time I'm not getting paid.

Also its been annoying cause our "roommate" is to have moved out by now and he won't and all I want is to spend a nice night, on the couch, cuddled with my hubby, watching movies while our daughter sleeps undisturbed. But that hasn't been able to cause he comes in and is loud and thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread....

Any reason you dont kick him out?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:58 pm
Shaviv

By the way, I went to the library today and took out Philip Zimbardo's new book, The Lucifer Effect. It's basically about how when we get "a few bad apples" in big institutions, like the army or prisons or whatever, it's almost never about genuinely bad apples but almost always about a genuinely bad environment that leads ordinary people to do horrible things. It is a real downer. I was about halfway through his story of the Stanford prison experiment ( http://www.prisonexp.org/ ) and I just had to put the book down and do other things for a few hours. I couldn't read any more of it, it was just too depressing, and with a touch of horror, too.

While I think the book offers good material, the author sure likes to hear himself lecture. Partly because I've seen him speak in public, I can actually hear the text in his slightly nasal and strong Bronx accent. I won't hold his love of his own voice against him, though.

You hadnt heard of that (the prison experiment before)? Ive run into it a lot whether its a documentary on social issues, an article on prisons, or whatever. That and we had to cover it in high school for AP psych. Literally all but one or two videos we watched were Zimbardo. Or at least I believe so. Black hair, little moustache guy if I remember right.  

King Kento

Shaviv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:40 am
King Kento
Shaviv
By the way, I went to the library today and took out Philip Zimbardo's new book, The Lucifer Effect. It's basically about how when we get "a few bad apples" in big institutions, like the army or prisons or whatever, it's almost never about genuinely bad apples but almost always about a genuinely bad environment that leads ordinary people to do horrible things. It is a real downer. I was about halfway through his story of the Stanford prison experiment ( http://www.prisonexp.org/ ) and I just had to put the book down and do other things for a few hours. I couldn't read any more of it, it was just too depressing, and with a touch of horror, too.

While I think the book offers good material, the author sure likes to hear himself lecture. Partly because I've seen him speak in public, I can actually hear the text in his slightly nasal and strong Bronx accent. I won't hold his love of his own voice against him, though.

You hadnt heard of that (the prison experiment before)? Ive run into it a lot whether its a documentary on social issues, an article on prisons, or whatever. That and we had to cover it in high school for AP psych. Literally all but one or two videos we watched were Zimbardo. Or at least I believe so. Black hair, little moustache guy if I remember right.

Sure I'd heard about his experiment (and you get him right), I just didn't know all the details. It's pretty sick.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:10 am
King Kento
hex_xombie
My easter was pretty uneventful.

Got a job and am already considering quitting. I hate the job...They tricked me and s**t and half the time I'm not getting paid.

Also its been annoying cause our "roommate" is to have moved out by now and he won't and all I want is to spend a nice night, on the couch, cuddled with my hubby, watching movies while our daughter sleeps undisturbed. But that hasn't been able to cause he comes in and is loud and thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread....

Any reason you dont kick him out?

I get paranoid about that kind of thing. Like that it'll piss him off or something....Its weird....Luckily he stayed away last night since my friend Jordan from my old college is coming down for a visit.  

hex_xombie

J.Kougar
Vice Captain

Fashionable Cat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:30 am

Hey all, I'm back. Been gone several days, road tripping to go get Sabby. We missed each other too much, so his trip got cut short. Yea, that'll be bad because he didn't fufull all the obligations and such, but we'll be fine if not a little less rich in some reguards. What matters most is we are happily back together again.

Very tired after several days on the road, so some of my catching up here on Gaia and PMs and such may be a little delayed, but I'll get to it as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:57 pm
J.Kougar

Hey all, I'm back. Been gone several days, road tripping to go get Sabby. We missed each other too much, so his trip got cut short. Yea, that'll be bad because he didn't fufull all the obligations and such, but we'll be fine if not a little less rich in some reguards. What matters most is we are happily back together again.

Very tired after several days on the road, so some of my catching up here on Gaia and PMs and such may be a little delayed, but I'll get to it as soon as I can.

You guys must be delighted beyond words.

Where'd you get the lolcats? Are they part of that infinite hat?  

Manda_Tifa

J.Kougar
Vice Captain

Fashionable Cat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:16 pm
Manda_Tifa
J.Kougar

You guys must be delighted beyond words.

Where'd you get the lolcats? Are they part of that infinite hat?

Yea, aparently they come from the new hat. I just bought mine on the marketplace though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:30 pm
J.Kougar

That's great J, so happy for you two. =3

I got my PS3 today, so I'm happy. razz  

Eddily

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:29 pm
shoki_de_nai
So, I went to go get our dog back today. They wouldn't let me have him; said they had no record of my parents surrendering an animal, and even if they did, the dog belongs to the shelter now. They wouldn't even tell me if he was there or not. The only thing I can do is wait for him to show up on the adoption floor, and re-adopt him before someone else does. I can't go back there every day to check. =/
*sigh* Maybe it's for the best...He wasn't exactly a perfect match for our house, though I blame some of that on the shelter telling us that a) he was a boxer and b) that he wasn't going to get any bigger. I do miss him a hell of a lot though...and the dog was really the only reason I got any exercise. Guuuh....stupid emotional eating. ::cries and scarfs down more easter chocolate::
Well that may or may not point them out as being a good shelter. A good rescue would be sketchy about releasing a dog to back to people who had just dropped him off there. They might be worried about the stability of the home the dog will be going back into. They should have however been willing to at least tell you they did get the dog from your parents. If you really want him back you can always go back and ask to speak to a higher up if the little desk people give you the silent treatment. You will have to go on the end that the dog was yours not your parents, thus they didn't have the right to give him up.

From what I remember you posted about him, he didn't seem to have any issues that were sever, but what he did have would take time and consistency to fix. What is important to remember is he was still pretty young. Most people don't even consider dogs fully grown physically till they reach two. The first 3 years of a dogs life is a period of working on teaching them to live happily and properly in your home. It's around three years of age that they really start to settle into their adulthood and if you put in the time and effort, you'll finally get that wonderful dog you always wanted. If you didn't put in the time, you'll end up with a dog with multiple problems that will be even harder to train now that they developed a bunch of bad habits.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:36 pm
Kento, the "Emo before it was cool" on your DA made me do a spit-take. New keyboard plz.

Do / did you get people complaining "OH OFFENSIVE OH GOD" etc., over it, or is too new?  

Shaviv

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:48 pm
I'm in Garland, Texas, visiting my mom-- yay! heart I just flew in today; I'll be here until Saturday, when we're flying back to PA to visit Grandma (who's still at the "old people's home"), then I'm flying back to Pittsburgh Sunday. School starts again Monday.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:28 pm
I got extremely bored, and I found an image in one /furi/ thread called "spitz girl.jpg", so I shopped it. I was kind of pleased at how well it came out, given that I was using MS Paint.

Not posting it here, though, too NSFW.  

Shaviv

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:21 pm
Man..There are several cash shop items I would like to have but don't have the money or gold to afford them. x_x..*is poor*

I might do Gaia commissions fully again just haven't decided. As I do need some anthro practice. (Can never have enough practice!).  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:41 pm
hex_xombie

I get paranoid about that kind of thing. Like that it'll piss him off or something....Its weird....Luckily he stayed away last night since my friend Jordan from my old college is coming down for a visit.

Then perhaps move to a new apartment that is just you and your husband on the lease. But if the guy is a problem, and you two want him out, it should be as simple as that.

Shaviv
Kento, the "Emo before it was cool" on your DA made me do a spit-take. New keyboard plz.

Do / did you get people complaining "OH OFFENSIVE OH GOD" etc., over it, or is too new?

If any new keyboards are being passed out I get first dubs, this thing is missing keys and has some other problems. Anyways, glad you enjoyed it. And its not "too new" Its at least a year old Id think, Im too lazy to look up the date when i posted it. Anyways, despite that, no complaints of offense. The closest Ive gotten was some guy making a comment along the lines of me using his idea, despite the fact that its a common idea/joke that Ive seen others make.  

King Kento

hex_xombie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:55 pm
King Kento
hex_xombie

Then perhaps move to a new apartment that is just you and your husband on the lease. But if the guy is a problem, and you two want him out, it should be as simple as that.

Actually just my hubby is on the lease. We took this guy in when he was kicked out of his other place due to my husband. That was about a year ago. Since then the guy hasn't kept a job or anything :< But we just officially kicked him out so things should be good. Plus Wrestlamania is on tonight ^^ Woot! ^^  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 804 805 806 807 808 809 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games