Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
$The Random Caravan$ Your Spontaneous Spam Space! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:45 pm
Seira Relur
English teaching sounds like fun. I'm going into art education meself. First though, I'm going into the Air Force. I want the travel and need it to pay for college. rolleyes
A friend of mine is doing that. He's joined the reserves, and is getting quite nicely paid for it.

Came out of left field for two reasons. One, the guys pretty much a pacifist. Two, they made him shave his hair off (it was shoulder length, and kind of his pride and joy)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:31 pm
Sounds like he really wants to give something back. 3nodding  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:58 pm
Jameta
Sounds like he really wants to give something back. 3nodding
Eh, I think it's more of a "hey, this will get me into better shape, and give me a nice source of income."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:44 pm
xd That works, too.  

Jameta
Captain

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:18 pm
Hey Kraeven- I'm sorry your friend is having trouble right now! I know how frustrating it can be to see someone whom you'd like to help, and not know how to go about actually doing it.-_- Please don't feel bad about taking time for yourself right now- we'd all love to see more of you, but nobody should spend so much time on the internet that they don't get to live the rest of their life fully, you know?^_^ *hugs*

And btw, congrats, Seraph!

I don't think that I'd be suited for either teaching or a military job. I'm OK when it comes to fielding questions over the internet (so long as I know the answers, lol!), but I have trouble speaking with people in person- and that's kind of a big part of teaching.^_^' And while it would be nice to have a military training program keep me in shape, I'd have to do it full time or it wouldn't do anything for me. My body tends to revert to mush fairly quickly, and I also have a history of weak joints and medical problems which would probably disqualify me anyway. I used to take martial arts classes for several years, but I was very frequently going to the ER for dislocated or strained joints, and I had to arrange it so that I had classes or intensive training sessions 7 days a week or I just couldn't keep up!

(shameless plug follows)

I made a new random-number generation thread in Quad's Palace. You can win an October 2005 sealed donation letter- choice of a CoCo Kitty or a Wind Security Blanket!

Here's the link: The Sacred Cattery

^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:58 pm
*w00t*  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:38 am
I want a kitten..

But I'm allergic.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:13 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
I want a kitten..

But I'm allergic.

Then there are two options for you:

1. Buy a hairless cat (I forget what those are called, but I have seen them).

or 2. Buy a plushie from Gaia surprised  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:28 pm
3. Buy suitable allergy medicine.

4. Deal with it. mrgreen

My mom went with option four, as she had the cat longer than she had had me. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:29 pm
Atma311
Nihilistic Seraph
I want a kitten..

But I'm allergic.

Then there are two options for you:

1. Buy a hairless cat (I forget what those are called, but I have seen them).
Eww... Those thing just completely defeat the purpose of having a cat... Or at least I imagine that they do.

Atma311
or 2. Buy a plushie from Gaia surprised
Lol, maybe I should.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:30 pm
Jameta
3. Buy suitable allergy medicine.

4. Deal with it. mrgreen

My mom went with option four, as she had the cat longer than she had had me. whee
I'm inclined to go your way, a mix of the two. Slowly wean myself off the meds until I have a tolerance for them.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:54 pm
Short-to-medium hairs tend to be best for those that are sensitive.

Of course, you must get an animal that you will love as your child. heart  

Jameta
Captain

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:12 pm
Aren't all cats our children?

That is, unless, they think themselves our rulers...which most of them do. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:13 pm
blukattt
Aren't all cats our children?

That is, unless, they think themselves our rulers...which most of them do. xd
Well, yes, all things should be considered our family, but I'm speaking of a specific type of relationship. razz

Gosh, you guys are so picky right now. wink  

Jameta
Captain

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:58 am
xp

Nah, I love all cats, although those hairless ones are kinda freaky looking... sweatdrop  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games