Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Imperial War Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:11 am
The war itself for global domination would probably be the most severe war in world history.
Its no simple matter to just go off and take over everything. If it were, Russia, China, or the US would have done so already.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:51 pm
Bad news is if you you know much about the current geo-political situation in the world you can see a war of that sort coming. Right now the world powers are aligning along three major axis with minor powers slowly swaying to one of the three.

The Russo-Indian joint technological development alliance.

The Chinese and their satellites

America, Japan and NATO.

As for the flashpoints? I'd say: Ukraine (Sevestapol harbor and the Crimea to be exact), Georgia, Korea, the Aleutians, and the Kuril Islands.  

stellarmagic

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:08 pm
Ironically, this was all predicted. Tom Clacy's "Ghost Recon" took place in 2008, where the Soviet Union is reformed (of sorts) and invades a sithload of countries, the first of which was Georgia.

It's kind of ironic, but in the 'oh crap' kind of way.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:57 pm
In reality: The russians started playing Ghost Recon one day and said, "you know, that's not a half bad idea... Yuri, fetch me the vodka and get Putin on the line. I've got our new battle strategy!"  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:13 pm
Wouldn't surprise me...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:16 pm
Let's see... I expect Russia to eventually leave the UN, along with China. Whoever has close ties with them will also break away, leaving it as basically NATO and EU combined.

Essentially, we're looking at Red Alert 3: Western World Vs Soviets Vs China.

If such a war does happen, I see China engulfing South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, and Japan, eliminating most of our allies over there. Next is a bunch of huge land battles across Mongolia and the Indian subcontinent.

Then eastern Russia invades Europe, while the China tries to attack Australia and Hawaii, crippling Western naval operations in the Pacific.

Then, it becomes a huge battle across Asia, especially in the Middle East, over the various holy sites and oil reserves, along with control of the Suez Canal, Mediterranean, and Indian.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:58 pm
China could easily dominate russia given the soviet's military strength. They still have not regained their former economic strength, and selling so much miliary hardware everywhere to cover bills means their technology is going to be used right back at them...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:10 pm
True. Russia only has a few good cards left in its deck:

- Nuclear missle arsenal
- More advanced military, albeit not by much
- Western support, should China invade unprovoked
- Siberian oil

Despite China having way more people and an exploding economy, Russia is still a nuclear force, and if it wanted to, could wipe China off the map. China can't say the same. While China DOES have nuclear capabilities, I wouldn't say it even comes close to France or England, much less Russia.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:13 pm
I think China's efforts at global conquest will not be military in nature. I think it will be seeking to achive economic control over world markets due to its ability to cheeply and effectively mass produce goods.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:58 am
I can sort of see China starting a war, but it probably wouldn't be with the west on account that a large amount of their money comes from us buying their factory-made items.

They'd lose a large chunk of their income.  

Rodyn

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:48 pm
China won't move. They're too smart. They'll let Russia do the work and who ever else gets involved and then when Russia has beat down all the lesser nations, China will conquer it through trade and economics.

Or with their thousands of Shaolin warriors.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:07 pm
If you think the Shaolin will lift a finger to save the oppresive regime currently in place, you havent been paying attention to much.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:11 pm
More important is the massive amount of debt that we owe the Chinese. Our deficit isn't something to be taken lightly. I get the feeling that it will be worse before it gets better though.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:24 pm
I was thinking more like the government forced the Shaolin to fight. But you have a point.

If they took that course, it would likely cause an eruption of civil war.  

Jaden_Ordo

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:46 am
Wouln't be a long civil war. Assuming no other nations like the US leap to the aid of the Shaolin, the Chinese will over run Tibet in a matter of days. They'll use guns against the Shaolin, and most of them will die before they even get to land a hand on the Commies.

More like a slaughter, to me.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games