Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 808 809 810 811 812 813 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Af Mas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:19 pm
So, quitting Panera went okay today. The manager I talked to was very understanding. She told me to try and get my shifts covered, and if I can't, then just to let them know that they'll be short staffed those days. That is a huge relief  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:08 am
Well my parents came back into the states and town last night which made me happy cause I do worry when they fly. I'm taking Danu over to see them today cause they haven't seen her in over a week. She's gotten so big.
She's gonna be nine months on friday and she's already talking and almost crawling. She prefers to roll. I won't be staying to hang with my parents cause due to an intimate accident last night with my hubby I'm bleed so I didn't fall asleep till 7 this morning and had to get up at 10:30. Yeah....not good be able to function.

Another good thing happened yesterday. I talked to the manager of video king and explained why I had so many late charges. It was because three movies were due back on the day that I went into labor. Then I had stitches so I couldn't return them for a good week or so. So she knocked like 50 dollars worth of late charges off. Yay!  

hex_xombie

Af Mas

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:09 am
hex_xombie
Another good thing happened yesterday. I talked to the manager of video king and explained why I had so many late charges. It was because three movies were due back on the day that I went into labor. Then I had stitches so I couldn't return them for a good week or so. So she knocked like 50 dollars worth of late charges off. Yay!

Wow o.o That is good news  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:04 pm
College is slowly driving me insane.

Here's the list of things I have to do by tonight:
Clean my room
Vacuum the living room
Clean my shower, toilet and sink
Take out the trash
Do the laundry
Write a two page speech
Write a lengthy outline for said speech
Write bibliography for said speech
Find five sources for a newspaper article I'm writing
Do six sections of Media Writing workbook pages, three of which must be typed.
Study for my Geography test tomorrow
Apply for my summer and fall courses.

Too much s**t to do, not enough time to do it  

FogSage

hex_xombie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:29 pm
Af Mas
hex_xombie

Wow o.o That is good news

Yes yes it is ^^ Yay! lol  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:45 am
So. I had a very eventful day yesterday.

My boyfriend Steve is looking to get a road bike; there's a bike shop down the block from our apartment where he picked out a good bike last week. This week they called him to say it had come in and would he like to test-ride it? Of course he did, so we went at around 2p (I think).

About 20 minutes after he took it out (I had stayed at the bike shop as "collateral" whee ), I get a call on my cell phone. I didn't recognize the number, so I was going to let it go (like I usually do with those), but something told me to answer it.

A man told me that he was around the corner & down the street with Steve. Steve had apparently passed out while walking his bike up the hill, and the guy (whose name we never got) told me that he had called the paramedics. Trying desperately not to panic, I grabbed a guy from the store (whose name I don't remember, either), and we went down to Steve.

By the time we got there, the ambulance had already arrived, and a police officer was there, too. They were checking Steve's vitals, and everything was okay (thank God).

I talked to Steve, and he said that he had gotten slightly nauseated while he was riding the bike back to the shop, so he dismounted and started to walk. He then started dry-heaving, so he leaned against a low stone wall to try and catch his breath. The next thing he knew, he was on the ground, and the guy who called me was kneeling over him, asking him if he was okay. He was only out for 1/2 a minute, but the guy said that his eyes were open, but he was unresponsive (which of course did nothing for my panic level, kthnx).

The thing that amazed everyone was that the second Steve woke up, he was completely coherent: he knew his name, knew where he was, knew what day/date it was-- he even knew to have the guy call me, tell the guy my phone number, and give me directions on how to get to him.

Steve said he felt fine, so the ambulance & police left, but we figured it was best that he go to the hospital and get checked out just to be safe, so we called the ambulance back to get a ride.

5 hours later (at around 7p), after a CT scan and multiple blood pressure/heart rate/oxygen level/etc. tests, Steve checks out and we're free to go. We call his brother (since we had no way to get home), and went to Subway to get Steve something to eat-- apparently the only thing he'd eaten all day was a handful of Mike 'n' Ike candies. xp

He now has a few "road rash" scrapes on his head and cheek (from when he fell after passing out), and a big-ol' scrape behind his right knee, but that's really the worst of it.

I also made him email his boss last night and take today off to rest and recover from the whole ordeal. He was also supposed to fly out to Indiana on business today, but I made him push that back to the end of the week, too.

I'm so glad everything ended up okay; I don't know what I would've done if something had happened to him.

Moral of the story: ******** EAT SOMETHING before any strenuous activity. I seriously wanted to kill him myself when he told me he hadn't eaten anything that day. xp

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Crenn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:05 pm
At least he's ok now.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:26 pm
So...went to the doctor yesterday, and after about 4 1/2 hours of waiting for a 10 minute exam, I was informed that my ankle is sprained. No big deal. He wrapped it up in an ace bandage and told me to keep off of it. I get to work from the back office, and it's fanTASTIC..... mrgreen  

Manda_Tifa

FogSage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:06 pm
I have to write another goddamn speech, as well as two more newspaper articles that I have no interest in doing, in addition to studying for finals and writing a bullshit critique of a speech off campus.

I feel so tired.....xP  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:13 pm
So...good news. Little Max is eating more. A trick my mom figured out was sticking his food in the microwave...I guess he likes it warm. He'll still be like "this is not what I ordered" but at least he'll eat a lot more and has mostly knocked off the hunger strike.
My mom and step-dad want me to start paying part of the utilities and we're going to try and work out a meal plan so when we grocery shop we don't buy anything unless we absolutely know it'll get eaten. I offered to grocery shop, since I'm the only one not afraid of generics and bargains..but mom figured that'd end up costing more than the utilities. Rawr, money is so tight.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:21 am
Well...
If anyone remembers my car being broken into in December, it just got much worse. I got a letter from a police investigator AND a payment recovery service (debt collector) stating that I have two counterfeit checks bounced and one said I am most likely a victim of identity theft and the other said, pay up.
To say the least, I am a bit pissed off. I hate people right now. Doesn't matter who, I hate everyone. Goddamn sons of a bitches. Everyone should just go to hell, right ******** now. I am so tired of all this s**t happening.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:43 am
Speaking of shitty people..I really hope this law doesn't get paased

http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=ageone&article_no=3605&age=3

My art would be able to be taken and I wouldn't be able to do commission work anymore..I would be out of business..

Speaking of which, I am still considering doing Gaia commissions again. Still deciding though. It will be limited thing though.

The gaint toad form of the Orindae is making me laugh for some reason. I so want that raptor though..x_x  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:50 am
That link doesn't work for me, Kakky...but I am interested in whatever law you're concerned about.... sweatdrop

So yesterday was tons o' fun. I had my follow-up at the doctor, and he's like "it's still swollen...I'm prescribing you an aircast" So he wrote me the prescription and handed me a card that said Workmans Comp would pay for it. I then proceeded to drive ALL OVER TOWN looking for someone that would accept the card straight up, rather than me paying up front and then WC reimbursing me for the $50+ cast. FINALLY found a place, and they were like "No prob...just need a claim #" and I was like "wha...?" SO I had to call work, and work was like "IDK" and then we called Corporate and they were like "you don't exist" so corporate had to call the insurance company that covers workers comp, and it all trickled back down to me, so I go back with my information, and ask the nice lady for my aircast, and she calls to confirm the claim, and come to find out, my claim hasn't even been processed yet! So I can't have my aircast. All grumpy (and late for work at this point) I trudge over to the office for another day at work...

...where the power went out for half the city (us included) which set our fire alarm off, which made the fire department respond, and they were like "no guests allowed in rooms until power comes back" so all of my guests were camped out in the lobby in the dark with only flashlights and our fireplace for light. Power was out for 4 hours. It was fantastic. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:30 pm
Manda_Tifa
That link doesn't work for me, Kakky...but I am interested in whatever law you're concerned about.... sweatdrop

It should be working now.. but.. *copies from some of the article*

Orphaned Work Bill

Quote:
An Orphaned Work is any creative work of art where the artist or copyright owner has released their copyright, whether on purpose, by passage of time, or by lack of proper registration. In the same way that an orphaned child loses the protection of his or her parents, your creative work can become an orphan for others to use without your permission.

Quote:
Currently, you don't have to register your artwork to own the copyright. You own a copyright as soon as you create something. International law also supports this. Right now, registration allows you to sue for damages, in addition to fair value.

What makes me so MAD about this new legislation is that it legalizes THEFT! The only people who benefit from this are those who want to make use of our creative works without paying for them and large companies who will run the new private copyright registries.

Yeah..like we already have enough problems with people stealing our work but these assholes want to promote that.

Quote:
These registries are companies that you would be forced to pay in order to register every single image, photo, sketch or creative work.

It is currently against international law to coerce people to register their work for copyright because there are so many inherent problems with it. But because big business can push through laws in the United States, our country is about to break with the rest of the world, again, and take your rights away.

With the tens of millions of photos and pieces of artwork created each year, the bounty for forcing everyone to pay a registration fee would be enormous. We lose our rights and our creations, and someone else makes money at our expense.

This includes every sketch, painting, photo, sculpture, drawing, video, song and every other type of creative endeavor. All of it is at risk!

It would cost me in the thousands to register every single piece of art I've ever created.

Quote:
If the Orphan Works legislation passes, you and I and all creatives will lose virtually all the rights to not only our future work but to everything we've created over the past 34 years, unless we register it with the new, untested and privately run (by the friends and cronies of the U.S. government) registries. Even then, there is no guarantee that someone wishing to steal your personal creations won't successfully call your work an orphan work, and then legally use it for free.

In short, if Congress passes this law, YOU WILL LOSE THE RIGHT TO MAKE MONEY FROM YOUR OWN CREATIONS!

I wouldn't be able to do commission work anymore unless I pay everytime I created a damn piece of art.

Quote:
"This will devastate the livelihood of artists, photographers and designers in a number of ways," Dean says. "That at the behest of a few hugely rich corporations who got rich by selling art that they played no part in the making of, the U.S. and U.K. governments are changing the copyright laws to protect the infringer instead of the creator. This is unjust, culturally destructive and commercial lunacy. This will not just hurt millions of artists around the world.

No s**t...Some of us it is our only source of income and this law would take it away from us.  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

hex_xombie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:15 pm
Kakarotto-san
Manda_Tifa

It should be working now.. but.. *copies from some of the article*

Orphaned Work Bill

Quote:
An Orphaned Work is any creative work of art where the artist or copyright owner has released their copyright, whether on purpose, by passage of time, or by lack of proper registration. In the same way that an orphaned child loses the protection of his or her parents, your creative work can become an orphan for others to use without your permission.

Quote:
Currently, you don't have to register your artwork to own the copyright. You own a copyright as soon as you create something. International law also supports this. Right now, registration allows you to sue for damages, in addition to fair value.

What makes me so MAD about this new legislation is that it legalizes THEFT! The only people who benefit from this are those who want to make use of our creative works without paying for them and large companies who will run the new private copyright registries.

Yeah..like we already have enough problems with people stealing our work but these assholes want to promote that.

Quote:
These registries are companies that you would be forced to pay in order to register every single image, photo, sketch or creative work.

It is currently against international law to coerce people to register their work for copyright because there are so many inherent problems with it. But because big business can push through laws in the United States, our country is about to break with the rest of the world, again, and take your rights away.

With the tens of millions of photos and pieces of artwork created each year, the bounty for forcing everyone to pay a registration fee would be enormous. We lose our rights and our creations, and someone else makes money at our expense.

This includes every sketch, painting, photo, sculpture, drawing, video, song and every other type of creative endeavor. All of it is at risk!

It would cost me in the thousands to register every single piece of art I've ever created.

Quote:
If the Orphan Works legislation passes, you and I and all creatives will lose virtually all the rights to not only our future work but to everything we've created over the past 34 years, unless we register it with the new, untested and privately run (by the friends and cronies of the U.S. government) registries. Even then, there is no guarantee that someone wishing to steal your personal creations won't successfully call your work an orphan work, and then legally use it for free.

In short, if Congress passes this law, YOU WILL LOSE THE RIGHT TO MAKE MONEY FROM YOUR OWN CREATIONS!

I wouldn't be able to do commission work anymore unless I pay everytime I created a damn piece of art.

Quote:
"This will devastate the livelihood of artists, photographers and designers in a number of ways," Dean says. "That at the behest of a few hugely rich corporations who got rich by selling art that they played no part in the making of, the U.S. and U.K. governments are changing the copyright laws to protect the infringer instead of the creator. This is unjust, culturally destructive and commercial lunacy. This will not just hurt millions of artists around the world.

No s**t...Some of us it is our only source of income and this law would take it away from us.

There's actually more to it then what this one article says. I'll have to find the other links and post it in a sec.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 808 809 810 811 812 813 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games