Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Other Archives
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 815 816 817 818 819 820 ... 841 842 843 844 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:41 am
Sub looked at Psy, and then at Telia, taking noticing of their stares fixed on him. Even though they didn't share some sort of mental link, at least he didn't, Sub was certainly that the three of them were all thinking the same thing. Blizz has smelled something fishy, and there isn't a Barboach within miles of here, so it's a no brainer that the Cold One isn't buying this for much longer. He had to do something to distract Blizz further.

The Dark Channeler would whip out his SNAG and type away on it, soon showing it to Psy and Telia, there was just three words on the screen 'Teleport Allen in'. If the pair of Psychics remembered, Allen was to be brought in and play the role of a Team Rocket member attacking the gym. He had an idea as well to use Allen to make Blizz think else wise about this chi. But for now, he needed Allen teleported to the front of the line.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:43 pm
"Ah hell! Weavile! Incoming!" Weavile ended up stopping the screech, but eyes went wide when it saw the incoming shot blazing straight for him. He managed to take a couple of steps, but couldn't avoid the blast to follow. The steel attack sent him hurling across the battlefield and faceplanting with a skid to a stop to follow. That one...really hurt. Damage sponge, Weavile definitely is not.

The Weavile struggled back up to his feet, what felt like too long of a while at that. "Weavile, its fine, take a break. I figured this would happen. Return, now." I said, taking out his Pokeball and recalling the Weavile while the getting was good.

Telia and Psy took notice to the note and was about to teleport off to go fetch Allen. But before they did, they felt a stirring once more. Something a bit different. They knew I wasn't buying into this less and less, but at the same time, apparently...I was enjoying this. It was a nice change of pace, actually. Just a simple Pokemon battle for the fun of it. Part of them wasn't sure if they should go along with that part of the plan in such a hurry, leaving looks of confliction on the two of them.

Regardless of which, it was safe to say that Weavile wasn't going to be back in this battle in particular, not unless I wanted him put down for some time. That Mirror Shot, to say the least, was not kosher on the Ice Pokemon. It left me to wonder what on earth to do, though. Since I knew that things weren't as they seemed, there was no reason why I couldn't just send the likes of say Zangoose or Typhlosion out against this Klang. But then, part of me felt like I had something to prove a little. Sure, pride goes before the fall...but you know what? Screw it...

Part of me wished I did have a Pokemon like Freth's Walrien or my teacher's Mamoswine or Dewgong at the moment. Whatever the case, however, I was only left with one Pokemon on me...

"Glaceon! Get to it!" I shouted, releasing the Glaceon out for battle.

The ball bursts open and out came the Glaceon prancing about for a couple of seconds then was ready to battle.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:54 pm
Odd wasn't really sure what he should do at this point. He felt like he should switch to a different Pokemon now, feeling like that had been too easy to finish off Weavile for this battle but then, it had managed to survive Beat's Double Edge so it had to be a lot stronger than it looked, same as this Glaceon did. And knowing it was the Pokemon of a gym trainer, he decided that he should lead the remainder of this battle with his best chance for survival. He hadn't really considered Rhythm's type when sending him into battle but now that he had, he realized that his remaining Pokemon weren't really bad choices(minus the Flying-type in Replay, of course) but weren't good choices here either.

"Klang, use Mirror Shot again." The channeler would call out after a moment of debate. He knew Rhythm's moves were mostly offensive but he never realized just how restrictive that could be until now. He'd just have to make due with what he had to work with for this battle and work on a new move or two when this was over.

Rhythm's body began to shine for a moment as it focused chi into itself and unleashed the blast of light in a solid orb once more only a few seconds later.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:25 am
Requiem of Whyspers
Odd wasn't really sure what he should do at this point. He felt like he should switch to a different Pokemon now, feeling like that had been too easy to finish off Weavile for this battle but then, it had managed to survive Beat's Double Edge so it had to be a lot stronger than it looked, same as this Glaceon did. And knowing it was the Pokemon of a gym trainer, he decided that he should lead the remainder of this battle with his best chance for survival. He hadn't really considered Rhythm's type when sending him into battle but now that he had, he realized that his remaining Pokemon weren't really bad choices(minus the Flying-type in Replay, of course) but weren't good choices here either.

"Klang, use Mirror Shot again." The channeler would call out after a moment of debate. He knew Rhythm's moves were mostly offensive but he never realized just how restrictive that could be until now. He'd just have to make due with what he had to work with for this battle and work on a new move or two when this was over.

Rhythm's body began to shine for a moment as it focused chi into itself and unleashed the blast of light in a solid orb once more only a few seconds later.

I was counting on that...

"Glaceon! Mirror Coat!" I shouted.

The Glaceon braced for impact as its fur gained a lustrous sheen. The attack crashed into it, Glaceon holding on with all its might. "GlaaaCEEOON!!!" It squealed out, sending the Mirror shot back for the Steel Type. Sometimes one has to send an opponents attack right back to them.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:48 am
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem

Ryan gets jostled by some of the shock waves, but nothing too bad. He recalls his water wall and takes a deep breath as Corla starts to glow even brighter as it takes the damage. "You can't hide from me, Suicune! Corla! Aim at 2 o' clock! Light him up! " Ryan shouts as he points. Corla unleashes the wave of doubled energy in that direction, hoping that it find it's mark.

The mist would part as the wave of energy pierced it, revealing a startling sight, one Ryan may not have been prepared for. Suicune stood strong, its body giving off a pink aura as the energy slammed into it. "Cuuune..." The beast growled as it endured the hit, the energy amassing into a ball in front of it, doubling in size, and then getting fired back at Corla at twice the strength and speed. Looks like a Mirror Coat fight, who will give out first?

Ryan goes over to Corla and fires off a Water Volley before calling out Asherah. "Asherah! Hit my Water Volley with Ice Beam! " Ryan commands. Asherah nods and points her horn towards the Water Volley and unleashes her attack so it will strike it flush from behind. Ryan then lifts Corla up and digs in his feet, using chi to help anchor him further. "Corla! Mirror Coat!" he orders. This was going to be intense. Time to see what Suicune would do with one attack incoming and another possibly coming back even stronger than before.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:15 pm
"Why didn't I see something like that coming?" Odd asked himself as he threw his arms forward, blocking out the light as Mirror Shot was Mirror Coat'd back at him and Rhythm. "Klang, use Zap Cannon! Try and fight it off." He ordered, knowing the other other option was to let the Steel-type get hit or returning it to it's Pokeball in order to prevent it from getting hurt. The latter option would likely reveal the illusion if Eris failed to change the scenery to reflect the damage this counterattack would deal.

Rhythm gave a buzzing whir in agreement with Odd's command, gathering together what Chi he could manage, pressing it all together into a crackling sphere of lightning which it allowed to spin around itself several times before firing right at the center of it's own attack fired back at it. Neither the Klang nor it's trainer expected this to stop the Glaceon's attack and they would be right in doing so. The ball lightning only served to slow it down, some of it's energy dissipating along the way though it still hit pretty hard, leaving the Steel-type a battered, dented mess with scorch marks all over it's body. Odd held his breath for a moment, releasing it only when he saw his Pokemon begin to move, albeit slowly.

He allowed Rhythm to rest for the moment, figuring he would allow Blizz to make the first move for the next round. He didn't expect Rhythm to last much longer after that. Strong his Pokemon might be by comparison to some but against Blizzard's Pokemon......They were little more than tackling dummies.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:26 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
"Why didn't I see something like that coming?" Odd asked himself as he threw his arms forward, blocking out the light as Mirror Shot was Mirror Coat'd back at him and Rhythm. "Klang, use Zap Cannon! Try and fight it off." He ordered, knowing the other other option was to let the Steel-type get hit or returning it to it's Pokeball in order to prevent it from getting hurt. The latter option would likely reveal the illusion if Eris failed to change the scenery to reflect the damage this counterattack would deal.

Rhythm gave a buzzing whir in agreement with Odd's command, gathering together what Chi he could manage, pressing it all together into a crackling sphere of lightning which it allowed to spin around itself several times before firing right at the center of it's own attack fired back at it. Neither the Klang nor it's trainer expected this to stop the Glaceon's attack and they would be right in doing so. The ball lightning only served to slow it down, some of it's energy dissipating along the way though it still hit pretty hard, leaving the Steel-type a battered, dented mess with scorch marks all over it's body. Odd held his breath for a moment, releasing it only when he saw his Pokemon begin to move, albeit slowly.

He allowed Rhythm to rest for the moment, figuring he would allow Blizz to make the first move for the next round. He didn't expect Rhythm to last much longer after that. Strong his Pokemon might be by comparison to some but against Blizzard's Pokemon......They were little more than tackling dummies.

The Klang managed to avert a overall crushing blow, but it still got pretty messed up off of it. Regardless, it was about time to end the charade. And I knew how to do it...

"Glaceon! Hail!" I shouted. The Glaceon unleashed a hard discharge of chi. The room chilled, like it should have been in the first place in a place like this, and a hailstorm was summoned onto the field. Hail started to fall hard, phasing Glaceon, let alone me, none. Telia and Psy on the other hand within the illusion was gritting their teeth, covering their heads with their arms the best they could.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:00 pm
Glaceon's Hail would prove to be an effective maneuver. Rhythm gritted it's teeth as the chunks of ice rained down on it. In an attempt to escape the pain inflicted by the balls of ice, Rhythm used Gear Grind, firing it's frontal gears like bullets towards the Glaceon attacking it, hoping to take it out.

Odd groaned at this point. He was afraid this might happen. It was the primary reason he didn't use Rhythm in battle much. The Steel-type didn't always listen to him and sometimes acted on it's own. Not the most confidence inducing partner for a trainer to be placing his trust in.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:12 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
Glaceon's Hail would prove to be an effective maneuver. Rhythm gritted it's teeth as the chunks of ice rained down on it. In an attempt to escape the pain inflicted by the balls of ice, Rhythm used Gear Grind, firing it's frontal gears like bullets towards the Glaceon attacking it, hoping to take it out.

Odd groaned at this point. He was afraid this might happen. It was the primary reason he didn't use Rhythm in battle much. The Steel-type didn't always listen to him and sometimes acted on it's own. Not the most confidence inducing partner for a trainer to be placing his trust in.

"Apparently we got a steel type that can't keep its cool...Glaceon! Move!" I shouted. With the hailstorm falling, the chill invigorated the Glaceon. It felt limber. As if it had the energy to go on for days. The Glaceon leaped back, keeping the Klang in front, right dead in her sights. "Take it out! Blizzard!"

The chi rushed hard and fast within the Ice type. The Glaceon collected it amongst itself then unleashed it in a harsh winter's fury towards the Klang.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:56 pm
Rhythm paid the price for it's impulsiveness. Glaceon's Blizzard hit and hit hard, the Steel-type's gears freezing up in the sub-zero wind. The Klang's gears gained a thin coat of ice before it seized up completely, the blizzard taking a finalizing hold on it and covering it completely.

"I knew I should've gone with one of the others....." Odd sighed as he recalled his fallen comrade, noting that he needed to have Adagio thaw it out later. Replacing the frozen Pokemon's ball on his belt, he pulled another from it and sent out his next Pokemon, Bass the Chimecho.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:13 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
Rhythm paid the price for it's impulsiveness. Glaceon's Blizzard hit and hit hard, the Steel-type's gears freezing up in the sub-zero wind. The Klang's gears gained a thin coat of ice before it seized up completely, the blizzard taking a finalizing hold on it and covering it completely.

"I knew I should've gone with one of the others....." Odd sighed as he recalled his fallen comrade, noting that he needed to have Adagio thaw it out later. Replacing the frozen Pokemon's ball on his belt, he pulled another from it and sent out his next Pokemon, Bass the Chimecho.

In a sanctioned gym fight, usually this fight would have been over right when he lost that Klang to Glaceon. Just more evidence, really. Still though, I was letting it slide, I was still pretty much enjoying this. Unfortunately, Glaceon was the last Ice type I had in my party at the moment. I had Zangoose who did have an Ice attack and Typhlosion who...well...didn't. And then, there was Psy and Telia who was...hiding somewhere...my guess? Really close by. If anything those two wasn't going to stand off somewhere a good ways away without the least bit of feeling guilty. I was going to need to make Glaceon hang on as long as possible. The hailstorm was going to help at the very least...

I looked over to see the next Pokemon that hit the field. A Chimecho. That...was a interesting choice. Rarely do I ever end up having any of my Pokemon fight such a thing. I am only left to wonder what was going through my opponents mind right now to think sending a Chimecho against my Pokemon. Some sort of trick in mind? Or was he getting kind of desparate? Let's test the waters...

"Glaceon! Ice Shard!" I shouted.

"Ceeoon!" Glaceon with great speed quickly spun around, unleashed its chilling breath, forming various icy shards, then gave them one hard slap with its tail, sending the icy bullets off towards the Chimecho.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:22 pm
Odd did have a plan, actually. His thought was that Ice shared some of the qualities of glass, one of them being that a high enough frequency sound could shatter it. His hope was that Bass could use that to his advantage in order to defend himself. Granted, of course, he wasn't aware that Blizz only had the two Ice-types on him, leading him to giving himself away to some extent or another.

"Chimecho, use Round! Crank up the pitch and see if you can't shatter those bullets!" He called to his partner, who nodded and released a chime from his hollow body, using his Psychic powers to amplify the sound waves within himself before releasing them into the arena with a deafening ring rather than the usual pitch. The Psychic-type didn't have but one attack that would prove truly powerful on it's own but that was ok with Odd. Little things could build up over time, given the right set of conditions.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:16 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
Odd did have a plan, actually. His thought was that Ice shared some of the qualities of glass, one of them being that a high enough frequency sound could shatter it. His hope was that Bass could use that to his advantage in order to defend himself. Granted, of course, he wasn't aware that Blizz only had the two Ice-types on him, leading him to giving himself away to some extent or another.

"Chimecho, use Round! Crank up the pitch and see if you can't shatter those bullets!" He called to his partner, who nodded and released a chime from his hollow body, using his Psychic powers to amplify the sound waves within himself before releasing them into the arena with a deafening ring rather than the usual pitch. The Psychic-type didn't have but one attack that would prove truly powerful on it's own but that was ok with Odd. Little things could build up over time, given the right set of conditions.

Well I'll give him this much, he knows how to use offensive moves as a defense pretty well, especially with something like that which made Glaceon writhe. A nails on a chalkboard effect it seemed like. "Okay then..." I said. I veered my eyes up for only a split-second. I probably didn't have a whole lot of time before the hailstorm wears out so I best make good to use it at least once more. "Glaceon! Blizzard!" I shouted.

Fighting through the Round, the Glaceon unleashed another powerful snowstorm, this time upon the Chimecho.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:45 pm
RCCaughtem

Ryan goes over to Corla and fires off a Water Volley before calling out Asherah. "Asherah! Hit my Water Volley with Ice Beam! " Ryan commands. Asherah nods and points her horn towards the Water Volley and unleashes her attack so it will strike it flush from behind. Ryan then lifts Corla up and digs in his feet, using chi to help anchor him further. "Corla! Mirror Coat!" he orders. This was going to be intense. Time to see what Suicune would do with one attack incoming and another possibly coming back even stronger than before.

In the blink of an eye, the two attacks would hit, the large mass of water energy knocked back and forth, along with the falling ice would both slam into the Suicune. Strangely enough, what appeared to be mist resulted from the impact, and little movement was seen within, as if Suicune was defeated. Ryan's senses might trip a second before something much more surprising happened. A massive jet of water, larger than even Suicune, came flying out from the mist, headed straight towards Corsola and Ryan. Suicune standing then panting after launching the attack.

Ryan may or may not have realized what happened in that brief moment. Suicune had activated a latent ability within it, Water Absorb, along with its natural control over water in order to break down the ice and absorb it along with the incoming water based energy, converting them both into one massive Hydro Pump instead of healing its self. The legend could have recovered its strength and kept this battle up all day, but that would defeat the purpose. Suicune knew it could win with ease, but this battle wasn't about winning, it was about judging Ryan and his abilities in the face of absolute disaster. It was doubtful that Corsola could conjure yet another Mirror Coat, especially one to bounce this.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:57 pm
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem

In the blink of an eye, the two attacks would hit, the large mass of water energy knocked back and forth, along with the falling ice would both slam into the Suicune. Strangely enough, what appeared to be mist resulted from the impact, and little movement was seen within, as if Suicune was defeated. Ryan's senses might trip a second before something much more surprising happened. A massive jet of water, larger than even Suicune, came flying out from the mist, headed straight towards Corsola and Ryan. Suicune standing then panting after launching the attack.

Ryan may or may not have realized what happened in that brief moment. Suicune had activated a latent ability within it, Water Absorb, along with its natural control over water in order to break down the ice and absorb it along with the incoming water based energy, converting them both into one massive Hydro Pump instead of healing its self. The legend could have recovered its strength and kept this battle up all day, but that would defeat the purpose. Suicune knew it could win with ease, but this battle wasn't about winning, it was about judging Ryan and his abilities in the face of absolute disaster. It was doubtful that Corsola could conjure yet another Mirror Coat, especially one to bounce this.

Ryan blinks. Well this was bad! Ryan recalls Corla and sends Aysu, his Lapras, to join Asherah. "Alright you two, counter with Sheer Cold!" Ryan orders. This wasn't so much to try and hit Suicune, but to nullify that massive Hydro Pump. Both pokemon have their eyes glow a very light blue before unleashing their dual torrent of frozen energy.  
Other Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 815 816 817 818 819 820 ... 841 842 843 844 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games