Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 817 818 819 820 821 822 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:33 pm
Krissim Klaw
shoki_de_nai

Yeah, the vet said the tapeworm would come from fleas so I got them taken care of with flea treatment. Can you only get tapeworm treatment from a vet? I'm more curious about the pneumonia though, it was really sudden.
I think tapeworm meds are probably something you'll need to go through the vet/prescription. Now you are going to find all kinds of tapeworm remedies outside of that, but unless it is a trusted brand that your vet uses, I wouldn't trust any of them. So many cheapy/worm treatments that are popping up for dogs in cats that are not only ineffective but can be dangerous to the animals.

Does he have any idea what might have brought on the pneumonia? I don't really know anything on pneumonia in cats, but I hope your kitty is going to be okay.

I'm not sure what was said about the pneumonia really, I wasn't there. I was at work when mom called me, informing me that the cat was completely lethargic and not himself. Good thing I got her to go to a different vet today (ours is closed on Mon.), 'cause like an entire lung was congested. Poor baby, he was alright yesterday...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:45 pm
FogSage
I'm going to fail my Media Writing class. It's inevitable at this point.

I have no story to turn in tomorrow, and book work alone will not help me. I was SUCH a ******** idiot to believe my instructor when she told me I should stay in the class rather than drop it.

WHY MUST I BE SUCH A FAILURE AT EVERY ******** THING I ATTEMPT?! WHY?!

I can't deal with my life. It's just too ******** up. Entirely too ******** up. I feel like committing myself to a mental hospital for the rest of my life.
How long did you have to write the story in?

I guess you can say your going to be hard pressed to get me to pity failing a class. I had a lot of bad teachers throughout my lifetime, took honors classes in middle/high school, and graduated with a double degree in three years of college and I still managed to pull all A's. Saying I hated school would be an understatement, but I still worked my a** off and got through it. If your not willing to put forth the time and effort for school your not going to pass unless your mentally gifted to the point you can just coast through.

Rather than playing the part of a tragic hero and looking at this experience as a failure, try to learn from it. Why weren't you mentally there for this class? Are you not into writing? Do you need extra help in that area with a tutor? Do you not have the time to go to school right now? Are you having so much real life issues and problems you need to look into a therapist to help manage your emotional state? Or, do you just not want that degree bad enough to put in the work needed to get it?  

Krissim Klaw

FogSage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:55 pm
Krissim Klaw
FogSage
I'm going to fail my Media Writing class. It's inevitable at this point.

I have no story to turn in tomorrow, and book work alone will not help me. I was SUCH a ******** idiot to believe my instructor when she told me I should stay in the class rather than drop it.

WHY MUST I BE SUCH A FAILURE AT EVERY ******** THING I ATTEMPT?! WHY?!

I can't deal with my life. It's just too ******** up. Entirely too ******** up. I feel like committing myself to a mental hospital for the rest of my life.
How long did you have to write the story in?

I guess you can say your going to be hard pressed to get me to pity failing a class. I had a lot of bad teachers throughout my lifetime, took honors classes in middle/high school, and graduated with a double degree in three years of college and I still managed to pull all A's. Saying I hated school would be an understatement, but I still worked my a** off and got through it. If your not willing to put forth the time and effort for school your not going to pass unless your mentally gifted to the point you can just coast through.

Rather than playing the part of a tragic hero and looking at this experience as a failure, try to learn from it. Why weren't you mentally there for this class? Are you not into writing? Do you need extra help in that area with a tutor? Do you not have the time to go to school right now? Are you having so much real life issues and problems you need to look into a therapist to help manage your emotional state? Or, do you just not want that degree bad enough to put in the work needed to get it?

The assignment was set last Thursday. It is due tomorrow. That might sound like plenty of time, but it's not, especially when you're trying to juggle multiple assignments AND study for finals.

Have YOU ever taken a Media Writing class? It's no walk in the park, I assure you. It's basically learning to write another language. A good analogy is that AP style is like an Army commander, and MLA style is like a gay interior decorator. In Media Writing, you must have five sources, no excuses, and a story that has been stripped down to the essential facts. Unfortunately, simply stating the facts isn't enough. Everything has to be JUST so, or else the whole thing is s**t and you're booted back to base one. Oh, and while you're trying to reformat your last story, you're given ANOTHER story to write, the deadline being in two days.

Tutors, therapy, and learning from my mistakes will not help me one jot. It's too late for all that. It's just that the class is too demanding and I can't hack it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:22 pm
FogSage

Have YOU ever taken a Media Writing class? It's no walk in the park, I assure you. It's basically learning to write another language.
Well my double major was in Writing and Art, so I'm not exactly a newblet when it comes to papers. I never once however stated anywhere in my above post that it was an easy class. If it was easy everyone would make A's without even trying. My point was if you want it you are going to have to work for it. Naturally however it is too late to get extra help now. If you needed it you should have gotten it as soon as you were having a problem.

However, trust me when I say that I know how hard classes are, as I said I'm no friend of our school system and I got my grades and degrees by paying attention in class, turning in all assignments on time, taking on extra credit, staying late when I needed extra help, and studying for every test. I was in one class with a new professor in zoology who flunked out over 2/3 of the students. I was the only A, two people made B's, and there were about 5 C's. The rest of the people flunked out at D's and F's, so I know what it is like to get a jerk of a teacher or end up in a class that expects way too much in too little time.

One question I have is if you dislike media writing why did you take it in the first place? Doesn't sound like a core class you would need to take. Yah it stinks to pay for a class and not drop in time, but saying you fail at everything because you are going to flunk one class just seems like over kill.  

Krissim Klaw

Angelic Muse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:23 pm
Alright I know everyone else is probably stressing over finals week at their schools and s**t but ********, I need somewhere to rant.

I took way too many English courses this semester and I have had three 8-10 page papers, 2 3-4 page papers, and two finals. Plus, I got one paper back in my Shakespeare class that got a C (which I was super-pissed about) so I want to re do that one.

That and my roommate is driving me up the WALL. I have never met someone so selfish in my life. I know I only have a week and a half left of dealing with her bullshit drama but it's seriously taking a toll on my level of concentration. This girl argues with me over TEXT MESSAGING. Seriously? How old are we? ******** ridicilous. This girl is bi-polar and on new birth control. My ******** luck.

To top it all of, my four month old relationship is doing kick-a**, but now I'll be heading back home, forty-five mintues away from him for four months. I know it's not a great distance and all, but with the price of gas close to $4.00 a gallon, I don't know have often we'll be able to see each other between his job and my two jobs over the summer.

So even though I know everything's going to be okay and I only have a bit more than a week to go I feel like breaking down and bawling because I feel like I can't handle everything at once. And I have been SO good at not getting worked up and overly emotional this year.

So I wants hugz pleaz? sad  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:29 pm
my goldfish Gluttony died today, it sucked.....shed a tear sweatdrop
had a moment of silence.....payed respects to him....flushed him.....then snagged somethin' to eat, I got hungry.....  

Bakuram

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:35 pm
(Offers some hugs in Angelic Muse's direction)

Wow sounds like you got a lot on your plate. I had the same problem with roommate troubles my first year of college. Didn't help our dorm room was about the size of a shoe box and she liked to blast her music 24 hours a day and was such a slob you couldn't even open the door all the way because she would just drop her papers, clothes, food wrappers wherever she wanted (shudders). Only lucky break I had with her is she apparently took a vow of silence as a way of arguing with me... so she never argued... cause she never said anything... It was really strange living like 2/3 of the year with someone who never spoke. Didn't help that we were kind of high school friends before it.

As for the papers, good luck. I was a writing major so I did a lot of papers and being that I dislike writing essays it was boring and dreaded work. Only writing classes I enjoyed where my creative writing ones where I could work on chapters toward a novel I was planning to write. It doesn't help that the last few weeks of school always seem to last forever leaving you to wither in a ball of stress, papers, projects, and tests.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:39 am
shoki_de_nai

I'm not sure what was said about the pneumonia really, I wasn't there. I was at work when mom called me, informing me that the cat was completely lethargic and not himself. Good thing I got her to go to a different vet today (ours is closed on Mon.), 'cause like an entire lung was congested. Poor baby, he was alright yesterday...

It could have been caused by a cat flu virus, which he could have gotten from a cat carrying it. Cats often carry disease without showing symptoms, and can spread it. My kittens had a cat flu virus that made them sneezy, feverish, and caused ulcers in their mouths, and they are inside only.  

Leyla Giselle

FogSage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:21 am
The reasoning behind me taking Media Writing is a complicated one.

Before coming here to my four-year college, I was enrolled in a community college. While enrolled in community college, I wanted to be in hotel management, but the only classes for that class were held online. I didn't feel that I could do online classes, so I switched my major to Journalism.

After coming here, I decided to keep on with my journalism major, and was signed up for Media Writing. I only found out that they offer real classes for hotel management a couple weeks ago, so I switched my major back.

I just can't write in AP style. I don't have the time to formally interview five people in the space of four days, not only because I'm busy but because it's a big campus and you can't find the right people quickly.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:11 am
FogSage
Rainey_angel81
FogSage
I didn't file a police report over the car accident, which means that the broad who hit me will get off scott free, as well as getting my insurance to take care of her damages.

Why does everything have to be so ******** complicated? WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO ME, RIGHT NOW, IN THE MIDDLE OF FINALS WEEK?! DON'T I HAVE ENOUGH ******** STRESS ON MY PLATE AS IT IS?!

I ******** hate life right now.

why didn't you take a police report?

I didn't think I'd need it. The accident was a fender bender, really. It was just the cars that got banged up, not the people inside.

Apparently, I need to be a cold, calculating b***h when I have a car accident, act as though I'm the victim and that I'm going to sue them. Okay, lesson learned. If it ever happens again, I won't bother being apologetic. I've put the police station's phone number on my cell phone, so if anything happens, they'll be there immediately.

you don't take a police report just when someone is hurt. You never say anything until the police take your statement. By saying sorry, you admit fault and it is her right to get money from your insurance. Because she was merging into your lane, it was her responsibility. Because you did not take a police report, she can get your insurance to pay for the damages when it wasn't your fault.

That...is why you always take a police report.  

Rainey_angel81

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:18 am
shoki_de_nai
Krissim Klaw
shoki_de_nai

Yeah, the vet said the tapeworm would come from fleas so I got them taken care of with flea treatment. Can you only get tapeworm treatment from a vet? I'm more curious about the pneumonia though, it was really sudden.
I think tapeworm meds are probably something you'll need to go through the vet/prescription. Now you are going to find all kinds of tapeworm remedies outside of that, but unless it is a trusted brand that your vet uses, I wouldn't trust any of them. So many cheapy/worm treatments that are popping up for dogs in cats that are not only ineffective but can be dangerous to the animals.

Does he have any idea what might have brought on the pneumonia? I don't really know anything on pneumonia in cats, but I hope your kitty is going to be okay.

You can buy tapeworm Tablets without a prescription, but the fastest way to get it is through your vet. We keep a handy supply just because we get so many strays coming through..never know what our cats are going to get  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:09 pm
I've been working official these past couple of days and let me tell you. Its fun but lonely. I'm the only one that is in a row by themselves. Luckily my manager is trying hard to have my seat moved so that I am closer to everyone else.

Relationship has been neither here nor there since the fight. We don't talk much and all he complains about is how lonely he is during the day while I'm at work and Danu is at my mom's. *sigh* I feel like I have no joy in this world but of my daughter.  

hex_xombie

Afina Maslow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:50 pm
*bangs head on wall* Why don't people realize I'm still the same person when I'm using this character? Why do people, who I thought knew me well enough, act like I'm completely different person when all that's changed is my character/fursona/avatar? @_@  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:51 pm
Afina Maslow
*bangs head on wall* Why don't people realize I'm still the same person when I'm using this character? Why do people, who I thought knew me well enough, act like I'm completely different person when all that's changed is my character/fursona/avatar? @_@

It is all pretty silly. I don't act much at all different weather I am appearing as Artemis or Diana. That is, except, when I am in an RP.

Selene Aries

Afina Maslow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:00 pm
Diana Vulpes
Afina Maslow

It is all pretty silly. I don't act much at all different weather I am appearing as Artemis or Diana. That is, except, when I am in an RP.

Same goes for me  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 817 818 819 820 821 822 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games