Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:13 pm
True...

I wonder what the RP which replaces the COTGCW will be... 100 years in the future, a dark and sinister man plans to set the entire galaxy at war, turning him into the next palpatine?

Kotor Era?

Ah dunno. I'm just kinda hoping to get an RP for jedi peoples so that I can just siphon anyone who wants to be jedi into that, and have the rest be more illicit.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:13 pm
Nelowulf
True...

I wonder what the RP which replaces the COTGCW will be... 100 years in the future, a dark and sinister man plans to set the entire galaxy at war, turning him into the next palpatine?

Kotor Era?

Ah dunno. I'm just kinda hoping to get an RP for jedi peoples so that I can just siphon anyone who wants to be jedi into that, and have the rest be more illicit.

so you're thinking of a Jedi based RP this time around?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:14 pm
Hey Paul.
Which of my pirates are you having questions about anyway?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:16 pm
Cale Darksun
By the way Nelo, you should put Neb's Bio in the OGG.

But the story isn't complete. In fact, his history is known only to a select few.

Really, he isn't worth putting in, because everything he did before becoming Jedi is really not worth talking about. I mean, everyone who knows the stories of his past are extremely biased in their accounts. But its not really an interesting story at all. At least, not to me anyways.

Its like talking about Kenobi before the clone wars. Its brutal and gorey, but really not that exciting.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:16 pm
Nelowulf
Cale Darksun

But the story isn't complete. In fact, his history is known only to a select few.

Really, he isn't worth putting in, because everything he did before becoming Jedi is really not worth talking about. I mean, everyone who knows the stories of his past are extremely biased in their accounts. But its not really an interesting story at all. At least, not to me anyways.

Its like talking about Kenobi before the clone wars. Its brutal and gorey, but really not that exciting.

So why should Mine be in there then?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:20 pm
Cale Darksun
Nelowulf
True...

Kotor Era?

so you're thinking of a Jedi based RP this time around?

Well, I actually want a jedi based one for people who come in and want to be jedi (pretty much everyone), but another for the more serious ones dedicated to being other people in the conflict.

I want actually several rps, but I really shouldn't decide. I think the torch should be passed on to someone else to create something of value, something for someone else's idea to be shown.

I've got 4 RPs under my belt. I really don't need to have another made by me. I'm curious as to what other people want or do.

That, and I really don't want to have to play with logistics anymore on the RP. Its boring knowing every major event 6-8 months in advance.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:23 pm
Cale Darksun
Nelowulf
Cale Darksun

Because you're a pirate. You have exciting adventures.

I doubt anyone wants to read about an orphaned child, picked up by an arkanian who raised him in ways that violate even China's child labor laws, who in turn got stuck in a smelting machine by the very same boy, only to have the boy barely make the Jedi only because he showed potential in his heart, to become some pathetic knight of not much mention. Its anakin's story in reverse almost.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:23 pm
I thought about a Pirate RP, based upon a fictional sector in the galaxy and set during the Civil War.
Players can be either Pirates or Imps.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:24 pm
Nelowulf
Cale Darksun
Nelowulf
Cale Darksun

Because you're a pirate. You have exciting adventures.

I doubt anyone wants to read about an orphaned child, picked up by an arkanian who raised him in ways that violate even China's child labor laws, who in turn got stuck in a smelting machine by the very same boy, only to have the boy barely make the Jedi only because he showed potential in his heart, to become some pathetic knight of not much mention. Its anakin's story in reverse almost.

People like Drama.
what would make you think people would wanna hear my story?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:27 pm
Generally all of them...  

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:27 pm
Love, romance, adventure.

That's why Cale.

Neb's story is just about a guy who was selfish and a nasty son of a b***h, who didn't want to grow up, instead maturing much faster than he ever should have.

I mean, 19 scars on his back represent 19 people he's killed, and only one was not cruelly so.

He was a complete and total b*****d. A mother ******** of epic proportions. Skinning people alive, Ripping their innards out through their mouth, tying a man to a pole and his feet to a swoop and driving off, those things people don't want to read about.

Its not fun to read about people like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:30 pm
Nelowulf
Love, romance, adventure.

That's why Cale.

Neb's story is just about a guy who was selfish and a nasty son of a b***h, who didn't want to grow up, instead maturing much faster than he ever should have.

I mean, 19 scars on his back represent 19 people he's killed, and only one was not cruelly so.

He was a complete and total b*****d. A mother ******** of epic proportions. Skinning people alive, Ripping their innards out through their mouth, tying a man to a pole and his feet to a swoop and driving off, those things people don't want to read about.

Its not fun to read about people like that.

You just gotta know your audience.
Why do people find Hitler so fascinating? Or Vlad the Impailer?
Though I do admit, folks love a rogue. Guess why there's two trilogies on Han's early adventures.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:30 pm
PaulTheWolf5575
Generally all of them...

what? you want my story too?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:31 pm
If you want to write it then sure!  

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:32 pm
PaulTheWolf5575
If you want to write it then sure!

Times like this I wish I had a good pic...  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games