Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:22 pm
Neko- Oh wow really? That does sound pretty. I would like Mercu . . . but so expensive! crying They're so pretty though . . . that tease me so. crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:13 am
I don't think there really is a centralized con for everyone....but if everyone comes to Ohayocon here in Ohio then EVERYONE has to travel a long distance. (I'm kidding by the way...I would NEVER recommend anyone wasting a trip to Columbus to go to Ohayocon, it sucks BIG TIME. heh)

Speaking of Otakon...I found the picture from Otakon 2004 of NekoYousei, Chiruki and me: it's here Warning though...the reason that my Otakon pictures are there and not at neochichiri.net/otakon is because they're all unmodified...which means the resolution is 1280x1024. heh One of these days I MAY get around to resizing them all. heh

As far as dates go...I don't really care...my birthday isn't until September so it's not a big deal. heh

And I have to disagree about Batman Begins. I thought it was VERY good. It was DEFINITELY a far cry from the last 2 travesties that were called Batman movies. It's very similar to the first 2 Tim Burton Batman movies...but with more of a sense of humor yet darker at the same time. heh Christian Bale makes a GREAT Batman and (in a unique turn of events) he also makes a good Bruce Wayne too. Michael Keaton made a good Batman but not a good Bruce Wayne, George Clooney made a good Bruce Wayne but not a good Batman.

Ok...I've got a review in progress for LJ...so I'll leave the rest of it for there. heh

NeoChichiri  

neochichiri

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:48 pm
OMG
This guild DOES NOT want me to post
crying
This will be my third time trying.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:30 am
neochichiri

Speaking of Otakon...I found the picture from Otakon 2004 of NekoYousei, Chiruki and me: it's here Warning though...the reason that my Otakon pictures are there and not at neochichiri.net/otakon is because they're all unmodified...which means the resolution is 1280x1024. heh One of these days I MAY get around to resizing them all. heh

Ahhh~!!! I look horrible there!!! >w< But eyes are red, so that's kinda cool...lol whee

Masq, you should save for a dolly. They're totally worth it, imho. I don't regret one dollar that I've spent on them. smile  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

neochichiri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:13 pm
masq: I had a poll I was trying to post and it would NOT let me post it the other day...actually...I think it was yesterday. heh  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:29 pm
Neko- It's noted . . . but since I'm going to college soon I'm tight on money. x___X

Neo- I feel your pain. Gaia is just being really laggy and evil lately. crying  

Masquanade
Crew

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:39 pm
Tokyopop Lets Sailor Moon Rights Lapse

Tokyopop's Sailor Moon books have been out of print long enough for manga rights to revert back to their Japanese owner, several Anime-related web sites are reporting. The most interesting thing -- maybe the only iteresting thing -- about such news is that the Sailor Moon books were at one time (if not still) the company's all-time best-seller and their success certainly set the company on the road to publishing properties designed to appeal to a female readership, a move that distinguished the company and helped it grow.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:01 am
Masquanade
Tokyopop Lets Sailor Moon Rights Lapse

Tokyopop's Sailor Moon books have been out of print long enough for manga rights to revert back to their Japanese owner, several Anime-related web sites are reporting. The most interesting thing -- maybe the only iteresting thing -- about such news is that the Sailor Moon books were at one time (if not still) the company's all-time best-seller and their success certainly set the company on the road to publishing properties designed to appeal to a female readership, a move that distinguished the company and helped it grow.

I think that's really sad. I was hoping that they would re-do them like the Peach Girl manga and CCS manga. sad *pout*  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:05 am
Masquanade
Neko- It's noted . . . but since I'm going to college soon I'm tight on money. x___X

True true. *nod nod*
Just keep in mind, only about 1000 dolls are made give or take a few, so they are limited and as time goes on their prices rise...one of the earlier ones, Noir, goes for $400+ easilly on E-Bay. And Fantastic Alice (Alice in Wonderland doll, the doll that got me into Pullips) goes for 250+ easilly. I thwap myself for not getting her when I could've...for $180... whee sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:31 am
After someone read that news about TP and Salior Moon they emailed TP:

""Dear Real Name Deleted,
Thank you for writing in and for your support of TOKYOPOP! You aren't completely wrong, TOKYOPOP does have plans for Sailor Moon but at the moment, we're not yet ready to release all the concrete information out to the fans. Just hold on though, before you know it we'll have all the news you've been waiting to hear posted on our website at www.tokyopop.com !
Best,
TOKYOPOP"

And in other news Funimation is going to be releasing Fruits Basket figurines/busts/statues. And . . .

TOKYOPOP Announces New Manga Acquisitions
According to Amazon, TOKYOPOP will release the first English translated volumes of Keitaro Arima's Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~ manga, World of S & M by Be-Papas & Chiho Saito under the American title "The World Exists for Me," and Sang-Sun Park's Korean comic series Ark Angels.

Neko- I know! crying I'm still waiting for July manga spending money to be used up . . . then I'm going to decide what to do with my money.  

Masquanade
Crew

neochichiri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:49 am
Tokyopop is doing Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~? Sw33t! I love that series. heh I've read up to Volume 4 and seen up to episode 16.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:59 pm
Masquanade
After someone read that news about TP and Salior Moon they emailed TP:

""Dear Real Name Deleted,
Thank you for writing in and for your support of TOKYOPOP! You aren't completely wrong, TOKYOPOP does have plans for Sailor Moon but at the moment, we're not yet ready to release all the concrete information out to the fans. Just hold on though, before you know it we'll have all the news you've been waiting to hear posted on our website at www.tokyopop.com !
Best,
TOKYOPOP"

And in other news Funimation is going to be releasing Fruits Basket figurines/busts/statues. And . . .

TOKYOPOP Announces New Manga Acquisitions
According to Amazon, TOKYOPOP will release the first English translated volumes of Keitaro Arima's Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~ manga, World of S & M by Be-Papas & Chiho Saito under the American title "The World Exists for Me," and Sang-Sun Park's Korean comic series Ark Angels.

Neko- I know! crying I'm still waiting for July manga spending money to be used up . . . then I'm going to decide what to do with my money.

O O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT THE FRUITS BASKET STUFF!!!!!!!!

Okay sorry.... random outburst sweatdrop  

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:03 pm
neochichiri
Tokyopop is doing Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~? Sw33t! I love that series. heh I've read up to Volume 4 and seen up to episode 16.

EXACTLY what I was thinking about ~Moon Phase~. YUHHHSSS~!!! twisted

Neko mimi mode desu~ I hope the anime gets picked up by...Geneon. I watched to episode 8 or something? Then I got irritated with my PC and stopped dling torrents...but now, I'm back to dling and I don't feel like re-downloading everything and having to catch up...so...I will wait for it to bought and released. omg, the perfect thting to be sent out with the first volume + box would be a little neko mimi hat-thing that Hazuki has!!! Kyaa!!! The possibilities~ rofl

Masq - That's so frigging' awesome about TP!!! I kinda thought it was strange of them to give up on their manga that pretty much got them off the ground, ya know? I just hope they don't get rights to the anime. I'm not found of TP's anime distribution. confused
Also...more furuba stuff = FRIKKING AWESOME!!!
Have any of you seen the plush for Shigure yet? I've already ordered him. I think they could have done a better job, but he's still cute. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:28 pm
I haven't seen the Shigure plushie yet.

I went by Walden's today and picked up new Chrono Crusade, Fruits Basket and GetBackers. I was kind mad as FullMetal Alchemist volume 2 was in and I was hoping that would mean Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden and Full Moon wo Sagashite would also been in since they have the same release date as FMA 2 . . . BUT appearantly I was wrong and it's not out yet. stare  

Masquanade
Crew

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:26 pm
HEY EVERYONE!!!! heart heart heart

I'm so sorry I haven't been around in the guild at all, must make a point to get here more often, I feel so horrible. I know my post is like uber short at the moment but I will get back into the groove of things *goes to post in other topics*  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games