Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 829 830 831 832 833 834 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadows sweet embrace

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:49 pm
Josh Evergreen
Shadows sweet embrace
Yep. I want to get a job as a file manager, or some office job. That way when I get my accounting degree working in an office won't be new.
And that doesn't require some sort of degree? What exactly does a file manager do?
Well, no alot of places hire college students and help them pay for it. And from what my cousin told me you make copies, file them, answer the phoe, etc.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:49 pm
Josh Evergreen
They pay people to do that?

They pay people to do everything and anything. Nothing gets done unless someone does it and that person gets paid for the job.

Selene Aries

Carbon deCeti

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:57 pm
Diana Vulpes
Josh Evergreen
They pay people to do that?

They pay people to do everything and anything. Nothing gets done unless someone does it and that person gets paid for the job.
That's crazy. I didn't even know that was an occupation someone could take up. I thought it was just like... sidework people did with their jobs.

So basically a file manager is a receptionist?  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:05 pm
Josh Evergreen
That's crazy. I didn't even know that was an occupation someone could take up. I thought it was just like... sidework people did with their jobs.

So basically a file manager is a receptionist?

Not at my work, the receptionist is attacked to the administrative staff. As far the file management team goes we handle all the files in storage. We take them out as they are ordered, keeping track of exactly where on the floor they are and insure they are put back in the proper place. We also handle the filing of documents into the files and handle all the fax request.

Selene Aries

Carbon deCeti

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:07 pm
So it's sort of varies from place to place, then?  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:09 pm
Josh Evergreen
So it's sort of varies from place to place, then?

I would assume.

Selene Aries

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:10 pm
Whenever I see artists on FA whose prices are outrageous for the work they do, it makes me mad. Your art may be okay, but ten dollars for a smudgy, crude pencil sketch? You're not THAT good.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:17 pm
CoffeeFox
Whenever I see artists on FA whose prices are outrageous for the work they do, it makes me mad. Your art may be okay, but ten dollars for a smudgy, crude pencil sketch? You're not THAT good.

I am just getting annoyed that it seems nearly everyone on FA pushes commissions now. Furry is so commercial now. It may still be localized to the fan community itself, but art doesn't seem to be for fun any more.

Selene Aries

Raynomon

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:51 pm
This is kinda pathetic to ask, but I have this LJ rakyren.livejournal.com and currently no friends (other than a few groups I belong to) so does anyone else here have LJ that I might be able to friend so that I have something more to read on my friend's page? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:06 pm
Sorry, I avoid blog sites.  

Selene Aries

Shadows sweet embrace

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:28 pm
Rakyren
This is kinda pathetic to ask, but I have this LJ rakyren.livejournal.com and currently no friends (other than a few groups I belong to) so does anyone else here have LJ that I might be able to friend so that I have something more to read on my friend's page? sweatdrop

Here http://yamiwolf.livejournal.com/profile. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:35 pm
Shadows sweet embrace
Rakyren

Here http://yamiwolf.livejournal.com/profile. ^^

Cool. Added. 3nodding Oh, and gratz on the Grad. biggrin  

Raynomon

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:57 pm
Diana Vulpes
CoffeeFox

I am just getting annoyed that it seems nearly everyone on FA pushes commissions now. Furry is so commercial now. It may still be localized to the fan community itself, but art doesn't seem to be for fun any more.

What did you expect? You'll only get nothing for nothing these days, I'm afraid. Besides that, furry art is nothing more than ego-stroking for furries, to make them feel important that they, at least, have art of their fursonas.

The fandom is so full of n00bs, trolls, and morons these days that it's impossible to have a good time with other furries.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:11 am
Diana Vulpes
CoffeeFox

I tried to do free commissions once...just through people I talked to on Second Life I had more requests lined up than I could do. I did two for close friends and that was it because I had too much going on and I didn't think I could get it done in time, etc, etc...

Needless to say, if you offer anything for free, even if you have sucky artistic talent, you will get thousands of requests most likely. Had I posted this offer on FA, I'm sure in under a few days I would have gotten 20 requests.

Free ain't what it's cracked up to be. Setting prices to work is probably the best way to keep down the requests to a reasonable amount. That, and furries are poor and need to eat once and a while. xp  

Garek Maxwell

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 829 830 831 832 833 834 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games