Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Art / Writing show and exchange!
Artist Junkyard Chatter and Picture Post Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 235 236 237 238 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crenn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:36 am
Finish it and say where you got the idea from.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:40 am
Crenn
Finish it and say where you got the idea from.

I didn't get the idea from that person though..that's the thing. In fact, I didn't use any references or anything when I drew it. It came to mind after doing a rp scene with a friend.  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Crenn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:41 am
Exactly. State that.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:46 am
Crenn
Exactly. State that.

even if I did, it might not settle with people. People on these sites are cruel and they flame you. I really don't want to have that happen again after the last time something like this happened..They assume if you have something simlair to someone's else that you stole it.

there goes inspiration down the toliet  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Crenn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:14 am
Just ignore them. But I can see where you're coming from.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:56 am
Yeah. Ignore them. If they say you got the idea from the other artist, tell them differently. Say that great minds think alike. Its a compliment to the other, and it makes you seem in the clear.  

Angel Natavi

punchIT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:03 am
Honestly, if you really didn't copy the pose I would post it and note the artist. Tell them what happened and ask if it's alright with them if you post it anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:35 pm
Sabi.exe
Honestly, if you really didn't copy the pose I would post it and note the artist. Tell them what happened and ask if it's alright with them if you post it anyway.

I shouldn't have to ask permission to post my own art because of an artist and their piece I didn't even know about..-_-

Fan Art by definition is restricted to a very tight focus which means that similarities are impossible to avoid.

I didn't know the one damn time I draw a romantic scene that someone had something simliar.. oy..

I hate this feeling that I have to check with everyone first before I post art so I don't offend anyone.

And just so you know what I'm talking about here are the pics

The pic my friend found on DA
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29985935/

The sketch of mine that I might pull the plug on the project now
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/111/iwontletyoufalleq4.jpg

And you see what I mean..how hard it would be to convince people that I didn't rip this person off.

*sighs*  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:08 pm
Kakky, if Danny and Sam are part of the same series (I have no idea...XP) then there's no real problem. LOTS of people draw pairings from shows, it's called Fanart....think of all the Harry/Hermione pictures floating around...you don't see the artists hacking eachothers heads off because they like the same pairing and decided to draw it. Besides, the two pictures really aren't that similar.....I don't see any problem with posting it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:16 pm
Kaky, the pictures look completely different. It is clear from the style alone that the sketch is yours. Besides, if anyone were to say anything, all you would have to do is point at your mound of other Danny fanart. The truth is, don't worry about copying anyone unless you are indeed copying someone.

Edit- Besides, I'm sure there are hundreds of similar flying in the sky love scenes already. That person certainly isn't the first.  

Krissim Klaw

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:22 pm
Krissim Klaw
Kaky, the pictures look completely different. It is clear from the style alone that the sketch is yours. Besides, if anyone were to say anything, all you would have to do is point at your mound of other Danny fanart. The truth is, don't worry about copying anyone unless you are indeed copying someone.

Edit- Besides, I'm sure there are hundreds of similar flying in the sky love scenes already. That person certainly isn't the first.
That's what I was trying to say....Kris, why are you so much better at words than me? xp  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:34 pm
Manda_Tifa
Krissim Klaw

That's what I was trying to say....Kris, why are you so much better at words than me? xp

It's the point..that I've seen people on DA tear each other apart over stuff like this, fan-art or not.

there was an artist I watch...she got flamed over a stupid stripe she used on one of her anthro raptors..because someone else had an anthro raptor with a similar stripe..she was harrassed so much she was forced to change the design because of this one person.

I'll finish it and see..but if I start getting "Omg you stole this pose from blah blah"..I'm either going to disable commenting or deleting it from my gallery. Because I don't need another harrassment from some jerk over a damn pose like the one time I was flamed behind my back in someone's livejournal for the same reason. You really have no idea how much that hurt and how much that made me almost want to give up art..  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Sirus Jin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:22 pm
User Image
My first sketch of feral Sirus, just wanted to know what it look like. Will color soon heart

Thanks for helping me out Kriss!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:32 pm
He looks good to me. Though how can he not? razz  

Eddily

Sirus Jin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:34 pm
Eddily
He looks good to me. Though how can he not? razz

Thanks whee
I'm not that great with ferals xd  
Art / Writing show and exchange!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 235 236 237 238 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games