Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 842 843 844 845 846 847 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:06 pm
Afina Maslow
Asphyxiat!on
Afina Maslow
Asphyxiat!on
Afina Maslow
Asphyxiat!on
Why do some artists have to ruin it? sad

I guess it's a pride thing. They realize they have a talent that brings them money and when something happens that is a knock to their income or well-being or what have you, they become assholes. I dunno confused
I hate that so much. I've actually had people afraid to talk to me cause they think I'm egotistical or something. I guess cause I'm really not part of any communities where people chat alot and i tend to just talk to people on MSN or AIM instead of forums, so people feel that I must be a jerk sad If I was a jerk, I wouldn't have my contact information posted so publicly

I took mine down because people kept trying to get sex from me >.<
Can you blame them? Afina is so adorably gorgeous and Affy is cute as hell. razz
I RARELY get the sex solicitations, most people seem to be afraid of me, so whatever
redface Thanks
*pats* x3 You know I love drawin Affy characters  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:19 pm
Asphyxiat!on
*pats* x3 You know I love drawin Affy characters

Yush, I know heart  

Afina Maslow

Lloxie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Yush, Affycakes ish teh shmexycute. >> << *giggles, huggles Affles, then skitters off again*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:46 pm
People at my work look at my stuff and keep asking me the same question, "Why do I work at a call center when I can draw like I do?" I feel ashamed of my work for the most part now because i know that i will never really amount to anything with it. Do i enjoy it yes but for the most part i also feel it is a waste of time. I've tried to sell pieces before and no one wants them. Even if I've put a ton of effort into it, it just gets pushed to the side....does any other artists feel that way?  

sdsythe01

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:56 pm
demonically_innocent
People at my work look at my stuff and keep asking me the same question, "Why do I work at a call center when I can draw like I do?" I feel ashamed of my work for the most part now because i know that i will never really amount to anything with it. Do i enjoy it yes but for the most part i also feel it is a waste of time. I've tried to sell pieces before and no one wants them. Even if I've put a ton of effort into it, it just gets pushed to the side....does any other artists feel that way?
I know I can never make something of my work, but I NEVER view it as a waste of my time. I get enjoyment out of my art and out of improving. Maybe one day, I can make something of it, but I don't strive for it. Art isn't a waste of time, it's a wonderful use of time that should be appreciate by the artists who do it and it often isn't because they don't feel they make enough money or have enough popularity, not realizing how many people envy their skills  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:35 pm
Asphyxiat!on
demonically_innocent
I know I can never make something of my work, but I NEVER view it as a waste of my time. I get enjoyment out of my art and out of improving. Maybe one day, I can make something of it, but I don't strive for it. Art isn't a waste of time, it's a wonderful use of time that should be appreciate by the artists who do it and it often isn't because they don't feel they make enough money or have enough popularity, not realizing how many people envy their skills

I suppose that is one way to look at it. I do enjoy it and I love all my characters, specially Sinner and Hex. All of my characters are my babies and I treat them as such. I just wish I could feel the same satisfaction I used to feel. I dunno. PRehaps its just me being me and being my worst critic. My hubby tells me that all the time.  

sdsythe01

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:38 pm
demonically_innocent
Asphyxiat!on
demonically_innocent

I suppose that is one way to look at it. I do enjoy it and I love all my characters, specially Sinner and Hex. All of my characters are my babies and I treat them as such. I just wish I could feel the same satisfaction I used to feel. I dunno. PRehaps its just me being me and being my worst critic. My hubby tells me that all the time.
Artists do that to themselves constantly, it's nothing new. Maybe challenge yourself by drawing something you haven't done, or tweak your style. Often artists need a refresher for how they do certain things. I've changed my face styles and eye styles several times over the years till it got to what I do now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:44 pm
Asphyxiat!on
demonically_innocent
Asphyxiat!on
demonically_innocent

Artists do that to themselves constantly, it's nothing new. Maybe challenge yourself by drawing something you haven't done, or tweak your style. Often artists need a refresher for how they do certain things. I've changed my face styles and eye styles several times over the years till it got to what I do now.

Thats what I've been doing lately. The last "good" thing I drew was for a co-worker and it was of a fairy. After that pic, I went into a spiral and am now trying to find the happy place again. More or less its my issue with proportions rearing its ugly head again. It never looks right to me. Like I just know something is off and the more that I'll try to fix it the weaker i make the paper cause I change the area so often that it tears. I went through about thirty sheets of printer paper today both front and back of all thirty sheets and I only finished one pic out of those cause the girl next to me at work told me she liked it so i finished it for her.  

sdsythe01

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:14 pm
demonically_innocent
Asphyxiat!on
demonically_innocent
Asphyxiat!on
demonically_innocent

Thats what I've been doing lately. The last "good" thing I drew was for a co-worker and it was of a fairy. After that pic, I went into a spiral and am now trying to find the happy place again. More or less its my issue with proportions rearing its ugly head again. It never looks right to me. Like I just know something is off and the more that I'll try to fix it the weaker i make the paper cause I change the area so often that it tears. I went through about thirty sheets of printer paper today both front and back of all thirty sheets and I only finished one pic out of those cause the girl next to me at work told me she liked it so i finished it for her.
You could always look online or at photos in magazines to get a better grasp of how something looks, anatomically. I used it for awhile, and then ventured away from it to develop my own anatomy style.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:43 pm
Asphyxiat!on
demonically_innocent
Asphyxiat!on
demonically_innocent
Asphyxiat!on
demonically_innocent

You could always look online or at photos in magazines to get a better grasp of how something looks, anatomically. I used it for awhile, and then ventured away from it to develop my own anatomy style.

Tis good advice. If i could get magazines i totally would.  

sdsythe01

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:02 pm
If you have internet access than that is all you need to find plenty of photos to work off of. Just type in modeling or something like swimsuits and you'll get tons of stuff. You can also google things like anatomy, drawing the human body, and so on to get tons of other resources.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:37 pm
So my boyfriend's mother is psycho. I spent the weekend with him for his birthday. I saved up money to get him gifts he'd like and find practical; I even made him an ice cream cake.

Well him and his mother got into a HUGE arguement Monday before i left for home. I've been there for several massive arguements and its hard to watch her screaming at him like a mad woman, right in front of me. Screaming that he was irresponsible, selfish and a horrible son. This coming from the woman who quits jobs as often as she changes her underwear because almost everyone in the world in evil to her or rednecks. Her son his supporting HER a** at age 20 because she wants a divorce from her third husband. Regardless of my opinions or judging her, I always feel that family fights should be kept within limits of other people's hearing. Well I must be family because she doesnt really care.

So, as the screaming continued (just her really) I was trying to keep my cool and not say anything because i know that never does any good. But after awhile my rage boiled over at one thing she said and i just turned to her and yelled "Both of you stop ******** fighting in front of me please!"

To which she replied "You don't like it, you can get the ******** out!"

Then she proceeded to tell me that i was the reason my boyfriend would neglect his duties, even though I apparently wasnt responsible for his actions. Oh but she did enjoy telling me that they only fight when I'm around. And unfortuantly the waterworks begin to spill on my end.

To make the longer story shorter, she wanted to kick him out but has taken him back with restrictions. Three weeks, nobody, especially myself is allowed over. He can visit me, but i am the one that is usually more capable of visiting. He fought for us, but apparently being in love is a crime in her eyes, especially when that fact happens to take him away from her more than she'd like.

She has no friends and has driven away any family (because they're EVIL). She treats him more like a husband then a son and expects him to do everything she says even though he pays MOST of their bills.

Now I use to really like this woman but now I am seriously considering just screaming back at her next time for real.

Whew! i feel better smile  

Angelic Muse

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:18 pm
Angelic Muse

Don't back down to her.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:27 pm
Diana Vulpes
Angelic Muse

Don't back down to her.

You have no idea how it felt to even yell that at her. I wanted to say so many things to her, but even though she was acting more like a five year old then an adult, I was raised to respect adults and not get in the middle of something like that. But I figured if she was gonna just keep doing this bullshit, i might as well say SOMETHING.

I have never really yelled at an adult except my parents like that. sad  

Angelic Muse

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:41 pm
Angelic Muse

You have no idea how it felt to even yell that at her. I wanted to say so many things to her, but even though she was acting more like a five year old then an adult, I was raised to respect adults and not get in the middle of something like that. But I figured if she was gonna just keep doing this bullshit, i might as well say SOMETHING.

I have never really yelled at an adult except my parents like that. sad

Neither you nor you boyfriend are children, you are adults yourselves. She does not earn automatic respect just because she is older and his mother, she has to earn it by giving it equal and if she is going to behave like a spoiled child then that is how you treat her.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 842 843 844 845 846 847 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games