Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 844 845 846 847 848 849 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:23 pm
FogSage
Asphyxiat!on

It's nobody's fault but your own. You didn't apply yourself and you didn't finish it. You can't get depressed for what you brought on yourself. Maybe if you weren't so cynical about everything, and you actually saw the good at the end, you could have applied yourself to it and gotten it done and passed

Excuse me? I can't get depressed for what I bring on myself? My dear, I am constantly, unceasingly depressed. Depression is the perpetual state of my LIFE.

And no, I didn't apply myself. I slacked off for two days, but I still made an attempt and I got damn close to finishing it too.

I don't really think I care about learning. I think all I care about is passing classes and graduating and then getting a job somewhere doing something. What good am I if I can't even do that?
You know what, I have depression to but i don't use it as an excuse. I sometimes have to put off commissions for it, I don't get upset or angry if a commissioner is like 'where's my art' and I have to tell them I had to put it off cause of my own problems. It's my own fault, and I'm not going to sit and wallow in it. I go right back to working on it. If you're really so depressed, seek psychiatric help instead of claiming all they do is suck you dry of money. It's that kind of behavior that will probably lead to your depression getting so bad that you will inevitably take your own life. And who can you blame? Only yourself because you wouldn't seek the help you needed  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:31 pm
Asphyxiat!on
FogSage
Asphyxiat!on

It's nobody's fault but your own. You didn't apply yourself and you didn't finish it. You can't get depressed for what you brought on yourself. Maybe if you weren't so cynical about everything, and you actually saw the good at the end, you could have applied yourself to it and gotten it done and passed

Excuse me? I can't get depressed for what I bring on myself? My dear, I am constantly, unceasingly depressed. Depression is the perpetual state of my LIFE.

And no, I didn't apply myself. I slacked off for two days, but I still made an attempt and I got damn close to finishing it too.

I don't really think I care about learning. I think all I care about is passing classes and graduating and then getting a job somewhere doing something. What good am I if I can't even do that?
You know what, I have depression to but i don't use it as an excuse. I sometimes have to put off commissions for it, I don't get upset or angry if a commissioner is like 'where's my art' and I have to tell them I had to put it off cause of my own problems. It's my own fault, and I'm not going to sit and wallow in it. I go right back to working on it. If you're really so depressed, seek psychiatric help instead of claiming all they do is suck you dry of money. It's that kind of behavior that will probably lead to your depression getting so bad that you will inevitably take your own life. And who can you blame? Only yourself because you wouldn't seek the help you needed

Going to a psychiatrist won't help. They're too stupid. Yes, they'll analyze you and tell you what's wrong with you and stuff you full of pills and good advice. But they've never experienced it, they don't understand. They don't know what it's like to feel depression so crippling that you go to bed wishing you would never wake up. They don't know what it's like to be in a world full of people and to feel alone every second of every hour of every day of every year, to be cut off from the entire world and to have no way of fixing it. They don't know what it's like to have dreams and then to realize that your dreams are empty, hollow, and foolish, that they and you will never succeed. They nod and look serious and try to understand, bless them, but they can't. It's beyond their understanding.

They know nothing of this, and if they don't know, they can never help me.

It's like a picture. An artist pours out their soul into it, and people come along and say it's this and this and this and this, when it's not. People can never understand what it's like to be the artist of that picture. They can only assume, and assuming doesn't cut it.

And that's my rant for this evening.  

FogSage

Afina Maslow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:44 pm
Sooo tempted to rebuke you for that, Fog, but it wouldn't do any good. I'll save my energy confused  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:46 pm
Afina Maslow
Sooo tempted to rebuke you for that, Fog, but it wouldn't do any good. I'll save my energy confused

No, please tell me. You're a psychiatrist or something of that sort, aren't you?

What I'm trying to say here is....you're not me. Nobody else is me but me.

And if you're not me, then you can't understand. How could you possibly understand me, how could you possibly understand what I'm going through?

You don't understand because you have hope. Because you try to be positive about life. Because a dozen other reasons and ways. You are not a pessimist and a defeatist. You are not lazy, immoral, disgusting. You are not any of those things.

Again, how can you understand?  

FogSage

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:07 pm
FogSage
Asphyxiat!on
FogSage
Asphyxiat!on

Going to a psychiatrist won't help. They're too stupid. Yes, they'll analyze you and tell you what's wrong with you and stuff you full of pills and good advice. But they've never experienced it, they don't understand. They don't know what it's like to feel depression so crippling that you go to bed wishing you would never wake up. They don't know what it's like to be in a world full of people and to feel alone every second of every hour of every day of every year, to be cut off from the entire world and to have no way of fixing it. They don't know what it's like to have dreams and then to realize that your dreams are empty, hollow, and foolish, that they and you will never succeed. They nod and look serious and try to understand, bless them, but they can't. It's beyond their understanding.

They know nothing of this, and if they don't know, they can never help me.

It's like a picture. An artist pours out their soul into it, and people come along and say it's this and this and this and this, when it's not. People can never understand what it's like to be the artist of that picture. They can only assume, and assuming doesn't cut it.

And that's my rant for this evening.
The pure ignorance that you just typed is insanely absurd and not even worth arguing. You don't want help, fine. But when your a** is in a psychiatric ward for trying to kill yourself, you have no one to blame but yourself.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:08 pm
FogSage
Afina Maslow

No, please tell me. You're a psychiatrist or something of that sort, aren't you?

And if you're not me, then you can't understand. How could you possibly understand me, how could you possibly understand what I'm going through?

You don't understand because you have hope. Because you try to be positive about life. Because a dozen other reasons and ways. You are not a pessimist and a defeatist. You are not lazy, immoral, disgusting. You are not any of those things.

You say this as if it's a psychologist's job to have been there before they can give advice. Well, that could very well have happened. They're not just born into that position with the all the wisdom of the world, expecting to handle every situation. It's a hard position to work towards. It's like trying to work towards any other position in any other field. It's hard, VERY hard work, and it takes a lot of time and patience to even have the willpower to handle the stuff they work with on a daily basis. Likely, someone going into the field of clinical psychology will face just as much hardships as, say, a teacher trying to find a job, and I can tell you there's not a very open market for either in our world.

Even then, it's not their job to have experienced or to know exactly what you're going through. Their empathy can only go so far. Every licensed therapist must go through their own treatment before they can practice. They have to be psychoanalyzed like any of their clients will be. This is to prevent them from having any hang ups on the job. But still, they aren't expected to know exactly what you're going through. You're right, they aren't you. But, this is what their job is to find. This is why you seek therapy, to explain in as much detail as you can, exploring every possible reason you can think of as to why you feel the way you do. You have to get to the root of the problem before you can make anything better. That's their job. They're there to facilitate and help you get to the source of your problems. They don't need to know how you feel because you give them all the information they'll need. And if you hold back anything from them, then they can only help you so much.

I have hope because it's what keeps me from doing anything unreasonable. Why ruin everything when there's a chance it could get better? Even if nothing ever does get better, you'll never have that chance if you're dead, so why blow it?  

Afina Maslow

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:10 pm
Afina Maslow
FogSage
Afina Maslow

You say this as if it's a psychologist's job to have been there before they can give advice. Well, that could very well have happened. They're not just born into that position with the all the wisdom of the world, expecting to handle every situation. It's a hard position to work towards. It's like trying to work towards any other position in any other field. It's hard, VERY hard work, and it takes a lot of time and patience to even have the willpower to handle the stuff they work with on a daily basis. Likely, someone going into the field of clinical psychology will face just as much hardships as, say, a teacher trying to find a job, and I can tell you there's not a very open market for either in our world.

Even then, it's not their job to have experienced or to know exactly what you're going through. Their empathy can only go so far. Every licensed therapist must go through their own treatment before they can practice. They have to be psychoanalyzed like any of their clients will be. This is to prevent them from having any hang ups on the job. But still, they aren't expected to know exactly what you're going through. You're right, they aren't you. But, this is what their job is to find. This is why you seek therapy, to explain in as much detail as you can, exploring every possible reason you can think of as to why you feel the way you do. You have to get to the root of the problem before you can make anything better. That's their job. They're there to facilitate and help you get to the source of your problems. They don't need to know how you feel because you give them all the information they'll need. And if you hold back anything from them, then they can only help you so much.

I have hope because it's what keeps me from doing anything unreasonable. Why ruin everything when there's a chance it could get better? Even if nothing ever does get better, you'll never have that chance if you're dead, so why blow it?
They also give you therapy and an ear to talk to. That's what psychiatrists are there for. The meds they give you aren't permanent unless you suffer a severe disorder like Schizophrenia, Multiple Personality Disorder, or severe paranoia. Depression medications are meant to be short term until you go through enough therapy that you no longer need to be placed on them because you know how to handle your problems yourself without bawling about it or needing meds.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:51 pm
I think my good friend, who I call my brother, who I have know for five years, might be falling for me...This worries me a little because I do love him, just as a brother and nothing more and I don't want to have to stop hanging out with him because of this. My hubby likes him too. He thinks he's a great influence on me and that I need more friends like him. Does anyone have any good advice?  

sdsythe01

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:23 pm
demonically_innocent
I think my good friend, who I call my brother, who I have know for five years, might be falling for me...This worries me a little because I do love him, just as a brother and nothing more and I don't want to have to stop hanging out with him because of this. My hubby likes him too. He thinks he's a great influence on me and that I need more friends like him. Does anyone have any good advice?

Seems pretty straight forward. Just let him know how you feel about him and that there cannot be more between you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:48 pm
I've pretty much failed my English Comp course, so now I'm turning to writing up a resume.

I'm going to try to get a job doing something, I don't really care what so long as I can be inside where it's air conditioned. I only hope I do not fall into the pit that is fast food. I would sooner clean toilets than do that.

Maybe I can be a janitor here on campus. Sure, the pay isn't glamorous, but what do I care?

Edit:
I was not a yearbook editor.
I do not speak Spanish fluently.
I have not completed college.
My time doing community service work was minimal and not worthwhile.
I have no contacts who will support me.
My last boss was a vindictive a*****e who will probably not recommend me.

Something tells me that this job hunt I'm on is going to be going on for a long time. =_=  

FogSage

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:37 pm
You can always go through temp. agencies for a while, Fog. I've gotten some good-paying jobs that way when I was strapped for cash.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:38 pm
Sunegami
You can always go through temp. agencies for a while, Fog. I've gotten some good-paying jobs that way when I was strapped for cash.

That's very true, and you can always go to a Job Action, or a career councellor to help you figure out different skills you have, but may not know about 3nodding

And McDonalds has a very good and well recognised training program. So don't count out fast food, it's not as bad as you'd think it is >>

And there's tons of jobs out there that you don't need a college, or even a highschool diploma for. Don't need a highschool education to drive a car, look to see if you can get a job working in a car lot (just an example >> ). And you can go to a community college to get any vocational training you'd need to work in an office. : )  

Forcive Habit

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:15 pm
Forcive Habit
Sunegami

That's very true, and you can always go to a Job Action, or a career counselor to help you figure out different skills you have, but may not know about 3nodding

[...] And there's tons of jobs out there that you don't need a college, or even a high school diploma for. Don't need a high school education to drive a car, look to see if you can get a job working in a car lot (just an example >> ). And you can go to a community college to get any vocational training you'd need to work in an office. : )

My boyfriend's brother is a chemical engineer, but for a while he had a job as a valet at a hotel here in Pittsburgh. He made serious money doing that. 3nodding

I also had a job as a transcriptionist for a law firm; the only thing I needed for that job was to be able to type relatively fast. Got paid $9 for it. I loved that job. whee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:04 am
you're such a whinny selfish brat Fog o.o just wanted to get that out of my chest  

Shiro Netsune

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:09 am
Shiro Netsune
you're such a whinny selfish brat Fog o.o just wanted to get that out of my chest
THANK YOU. Finally someone said it xd  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 844 845 846 847 848 849 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games