Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 846 847 848 849 850 851 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Afina Maslow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:33 pm
Forcive Habit
Afina Maslow
I think the US Government has tricked me, personally. I'm being entirely sarcastic there though. It was my own stupid mistake, and it's cost me what I had in my savings >.< It wasn't much to begin with, but seeing as now I'm doing to about $30 in my savings, I think it's a big deal. I made my first student loan payment this week, and like when you pay most bills online you "schedule a payment", which means it'll come out of your account on a certain day. So, I did that and thought it was all good. Checking with my bank, the money hadn't come out yet the day I had it scheduled, so I checked my account on the Loan site and it said I had made no payments yet, so I freaked and scheduled one, again. Yesterday, the first one I made finally shows up on the site as well as my bank account, so now I have a second one set to go through today, and I have no way of getting out of it. So, since the money was gone, I put money from my savings into that so I don't get screwed. ********. There goes my savings -.-

Won't it just count it towards a different payment?

Not really. It could, I suppose, but I doubt it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:00 pm
Afina Maslow
Forcive Habit
Afina Maslow
I think the US Government has tricked me, personally. I'm being entirely sarcastic there though. It was my own stupid mistake, and it's cost me what I had in my savings >.< It wasn't much to begin with, but seeing as now I'm doing to about $30 in my savings, I think it's a big deal. I made my first student loan payment this week, and like when you pay most bills online you "schedule a payment", which means it'll come out of your account on a certain day. So, I did that and thought it was all good. Checking with my bank, the money hadn't come out yet the day I had it scheduled, so I checked my account on the Loan site and it said I had made no payments yet, so I freaked and scheduled one, again. Yesterday, the first one I made finally shows up on the site as well as my bank account, so now I have a second one set to go through today, and I have no way of getting out of it. So, since the money was gone, I put money from my savings into that so I don't get screwed. ********. There goes my savings -.-

They won't just keep a second payment. They'll either return it to you or put it towards the next. It's unethical for them to keep it and could be grounds for a lawsuit if they didn't put it towards the next payment or return it to you razz  

Alektorphobia

MandaTifa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:55 pm
Okay, I'm feeling mildly irritated. As MOST gaians do, I have a few mule accounts. I'm sure people know my main account is Manda_Tifa (w/an underscore), and then I have this mule, which is just MandaTifa (sans the underscore). For whatever reason, whenever I try to log in to my main account, I type in Manda_Tifa (making VERY SURE that the underscore is there), and it logs me into my mule!!! I've tried several times, and I'm now just feeling overall.....frustrated.

Has this happened to anyone else?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:00 pm
Garek Maxwell
Zone alarm f***ed up and somehow disallowed me access to the internet. No idea what the hell it did, but it pissed me off significantly. I had to uninstall, reinstall, uninstall, install a new firewall, and ...now look for potentially anything as good as zone alarm... I'm stuck with this new one called Comodo for the time being... I'm not sure about it just yet...

Does anyone happen to know of any good firewalls other than Zonealarm?
I'm on Windows XP, if that makes a difference. (Probably won't, but just adding that extra bit in case.)

Oh, yeah...I might need another anti-virus too since I uninstalled that too thinking AVG screwed everything up. (It was a prime suspect since it had been doing similar stuff before hand.) So any suggestions there as well?

Nevermind! Apparently Microsoft screwed things up... Or Zone Alarm...maybe... I'm still blaming Microsoft for this. Anyway, I'll just wait a while before seeing how to fix all this. I'm not the only one having this problem it looks like... (Not like I could just get online and see if I was the only one at the time either. stare )

Anyway, yeah.... Whatever you do though, don't go through the process of opening up ports. That way of "fixing" the issue will only open up your computer to attacks and all.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10789_3-9987632-57.html?hhTest=1

Not really microsoft's fault razz  

Crenn

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:18 pm
Crenn

I still blame Microsoft because windows downloaded and installed the update without my consent. xp I know I can turn it off, but I already did that before. After an earlier update, I swear it was turned back on without me knowing. At that point I just said, "Okay, whatever, just don't screw everything up or something." ...And look at what happened! scream  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:53 pm
Garek Maxwell
Crenn

I still blame Microsoft because windows downloaded and installed the update without my consent. xp I know I can turn it off, but I already did that before. After an earlier update, I swear it was turned back on without me knowing. At that point I just said, "Okay, whatever, just don't screw everything up or something." ...And look at what happened! scream

Now THAT is microsoft's fault. I hate it when it automatically restarts.

However, it's ZoneAlarm's fault for it stopping working after Microsoft plugged a security hole. Also note it was XP machines only that were affected. Viva la Vista razz  

Crenn

Afina Maslow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:56 pm
Asphyxiat!on
Afina Maslow
Forcive Habit
Afina Maslow

They won't just keep a second payment. They'll either return it to you or put it towards the next. It's unethical for them to keep it and could be grounds for a lawsuit if they didn't put it towards the next payment or return it to you razz

Well, from the looks of things it took care of August's payment. It doesn't even look like the next one is due until September 14th, so I guess it's not all bad. I guess next time I'd better give the thing time to process. At least I should wake up to money in my account inthe morning from my paycheck.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:06 am
Afina Maslow
Asphyxiat!on
Afina Maslow
Forcive Habit
Afina Maslow

Well, from the looks of things it took care of August's payment. It doesn't even look like the next one is due until September 14th, so I guess it's not all bad. I guess next time I'd better give the thing time to process. At least I should wake up to money in my account inthe morning from my paycheck.
See? You can fix up your savings from the money you'll have left from not having to pay it till September biggrin  

Alektorphobia

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:38 pm
Yay! I got my main accoung back. And I decided to splurge on some evolving items. I REALLY hope that they are all worth the $25 I just spent.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:48 am
I dunno what's going on. I keep hearing this "thunk" against my window. It's been happening an awful lot.

I think birds keep running into it, but I dunno how to fix it.

Poor birds. Not the most intelligent creatures, to be fooled by a reflection of a tree....  

FogSage

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:15 pm
FogSage
I dunno what's going on. I keep hearing this "thunk" against my window. It's been happening an awful lot.

Poor birds. Not the most intelligent creatures, to be fooled by a reflection of a tree....

Maybe cut out a picture of a bird of prey and tape it to the inside of the window? Might deter them from flying near it if they think they'll get eaten.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:58 pm
Sunegami
FogSage

Maybe cut out a picture of a bird of prey and tape it to the inside of the window? Might deter them from flying near it if they think they'll get eaten.

I heard that if you hang sparkly ribbons from the window, they'll keep away, although seeing as how I'm on the third floor, I won't be able to do that.  

FogSage

LilKitty115

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:01 pm
FogSage
Sunegami
FogSage

I heard that if you hang sparkly ribbons from the window, they'll keep away, although seeing as how I'm on the third floor, I won't be able to do that.
Why not?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:32 pm
LilKitty115
FogSage
Sunegami
FogSage

Why not?

I would need to hang the ribbons in front of my window, and there's no way for me to do that, short of asking someone to come over with a vertical lifting platform to attach it for me. The screen doesn't move, so I can't lean out the window and attach it myself....

Anyway, anyone know what's the deal with Subeta? So....it's two ex-employees that are demanding reimbursement, but Subeta can't give it to them? And what does Keith have to do with all of this?

I don't go on Subeta much any more, I was just wondering what's going on...  

FogSage

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:35 am
FogSage
LilKitty115
FogSage
Sunegami
FogSage

Why not?

I would need to hang the ribbons in front of my window, and there's no way for me to do that, short of asking someone to come over with a vertical lifting platform to attach it for me. The screen doesn't move, so I can't lean out the window and attach it myself....
I always thought that birds were attracted to shiny things, and the nest-builders in them love stringy things, so sparkly ribbon might not really help the situation anyway. I think the bird of prey image in the window might be worth a shot, though. Easier, too. 3nodding  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 846 847 848 849 850 851 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games