Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:56 pm
Open classes = 2 pts as long you hit the 800 word req

Ice: as long as you posted pre-mission, during mission, and post mission then you can get those +2 points  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:41 pm
TRIAL GENERAL RULES

- Team members do NOT need to be online at the same time, but each team member must at least make a post once per 24 hours in order to stay in the game, or at least, stay fair to their team! The team points are SCALED: that means having more members will not yield your group more points.

What thread do you guys want us to post in? Our discussion threads made in the main form or the famine trial one in the event forum?

revenant aria

Light Yoshiru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:56 pm
I've been so confused reading all this, so I'm gonna see if I got this right and please correct me if I'm wrong.

So you start a quest thread, create a character (without any art?), post it, have a staff member look at it, then (if meets rules) is accepted, then get artist to make your art? Then later on get a PM about enrollment, triple check your character, have a staff look at it again, have it accepted, then you can finally be start RPing?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:57 pm
Random Artist
TRIAL GENERAL RULES

- Team members do NOT need to be online at the same time, but each team member must at least make a post once per 24 hours in order to stay in the game, or at least, stay fair to their team! The team points are SCALED: that means having more members will not yield your group more points.

What thread do you guys want us to post in? Our discussion threads made in the main form or the famine trial one in the event forum?

I just got clarification from zoo. <3

The general rules applies to the rest of the trail -- ie, the next part and the upcoming trials.

For the clue part:
one person needs to post getting the clue from Arel and taking it to their group.
one person needs to post turning in their guess into the clan member. One person also needs to PM WE ARE HALLOWEEN what they think the clue is.

otherwise imo posting once in the clue event thread can't hurt. |3  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:04 pm
Light Yoshiru
I've been so confused reading all this, so I'm gonna see if I got this right and please correct me if I'm wrong.

So you start a quest thread, create a character (without any art?), post it, have a staff member look at it, then (if meets rules) is accepted, then get artist to make your art? Then later on get a PM about enrollment, triple check your character, have a staff look at it again, have it accepted, then you can finally be start RPing?

This is the right place to ask questions, yes! :3

To get a character, you need a quest thread yes. However, if a staff member accepts it it does not mean that you can have your character enrolled or that you get art. It just means that the staff believes your character fits into the TIH world.

In order to get a character to start RPing, you need to earn a "character slot." A character slot basically means that a shop-artist will be allowed to draw your character, and one of us from the admin team (liz, zoo, or myself) is allowed to look over your quest for enrollment.

Basically, you need to be contacted by a member of staff saying that your character has been chosen for enrollment. Once the enrollment process is underway, an artist will draw your character and your character will be enrolled. Once your character is enrolled, you can start RPing. :3

Our quest guide goes into greater detail about this~  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:10 pm
Okay I get it now, but I want to make sure I understand the art part. (I've also read the Questing thread for over 4 hours, still don't get it lol)

So I'm not allowed to go to like photobucket or Deviantart and pick out one of the pictures on there, instead, when I get the ok, I have to get someone else to draw my character from the descriptions? (If you haven't noticed, I'm new to this type of thing, despite being on gaia for over four years now *facepalm*)  

Light Yoshiru

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:43 pm
Light Yoshiru
Okay I get it now, but I want to make sure I understand the art part. (I've also read the Questing thread for over 4 hours, still don't get it lol)

So I'm not allowed to go to like photobucket or Deviantart and pick out one of the pictures on there, instead, when I get the ok, I have to get someone else to draw my character from the descriptions? (If you haven't noticed, I'm new to this type of thing, despite being on gaia for over four years now *facepalm*)

That is correct; we have amazing artists here who will draw -YOUR- custom character for you. TiH isn't like most other RP places -- the main thread is in the Breedables & Changeables subforum, where in order to role-play you need to be officially "certified." Otherwise our GMs/game masters would be overwhelmed by the amount of people who joined up, and we wouldn't be able to run metaplots to push the game's story along.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:14 am
Light Yoshiru

Just a note: taking art from photobucket or DA and using it as character art for your own characters, without the artist's permission, is something generally frowned upon and seen as a type of art theft. :I I know it's common practice in some areas of Gaia, but in the B&C, it's something that can get your in trouble in the various shops or even reported to a moderator.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Light Yoshiru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:21 am
Marushii
That is correct; we have amazing artists here who will draw -YOUR- custom character for you. TiH isn't like most other RP places -- the main thread is in the Breedables & Changeables subforum, where in order to role-play you need to be officially "certified." Otherwise our GMs/game masters would be overwhelmed by the amount of people who joined up, and we wouldn't be able to run metaplots to push the game's story along.

Okay, this sounds pretty cool and a bit time consuming, but it sounds worth it. Do I have to pay them somehow? Or do TiH already do that?

lizbot
Just a note: taking art from photobucket or DA and using it as character art for your own characters, without the artist's permission, is something generally frowned upon and seen as a type of art theft. :I I know it's common practice in some areas of Gaia, but in the B&C, it's something that can get your in trouble in the various shops or even reported to a moderator.

Yes, I'm aware of this, but I don't do that; you just dig yourself a big hole for them to dump water in and drown you. But, what if I drew my character myself? (if I had the skill, which I lack for now) Would that be accepted?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:41 am
Light Yoshiru
Marushii

Okay, this sounds pretty cool and a bit time consuming, but it sounds worth it. Do I have to pay them somehow? Or do TiH already do that?

lizbot

Yes, I'm aware of this, but I don't do that; you just dig yourself a big hole for them to dump water in and drown you. But, what if I drew my character myself? (if I had the skill, which I lack for now) Would that be accepted?

TiH has several ways you can get a student slot (which includes the art)
- quest fairy (sometimes when a thread regular is a continuously positive presence in the thread and open shop events, we'll give them a custom or premade student)
- contests and events (you can win a custom or premade student)
- auctions (you can win a custom or premade student)
- free and paid raffles (you can win a custom or premade student)
- bribes (you can attempt to bribe an artist when they have an open slot)

Sometimes these methods are available, sometimes they aren't. Generally the first and/or second page of the main shop thread will list what's going on.

Drawing your own character wouldn't make them an "official" character, so I'm afraid not. As maru said, controlling player population to a degree helps us maintain an active and unique rp-experience without overwhelming both the GMs and existing players.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Light Yoshiru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:21 am
Reposted  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:16 pm
Question! After the Christmas meta wrapped, all the then-intermediate trainees at Deus were temporarily demoted until they ran an external mission to earn back their promotion. Because of RL crap, I actually hadn't yet done that for Madison and was planning on running one of those missions this week to catch up.

Of course, then I go to the thread and the original missions are gone. XD; Can I run one of the current EM mission set and have it count as reversing the temporary demotion?  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:48 pm
We make our Trial 1 first post that states all the information our sandcastle/stats/ect has with our image. Now, in that same thread, do we make our first 24 hour mandatory post of building that sand castle?

Also, in that same thread, can we have spectators come see us or is that left in the spectators ORP? If we do not rp characters, such as parents, but still want them there, do we just have our characters look up and wave to them to show they are there or can they come over during the spectator visitation before the trial start to give them a few words/hug?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:07 am
lizbot
TiH has several ways you can get a student slot (which includes the art)
- quest fairy (sometimes when a thread regular is a continuously positive presence in the thread and open shop events, we'll give them a custom or premade student)
- contests and events (you can win a custom or premade student)
- auctions (you can win a custom or premade student)
- free and paid raffles (you can win a custom or premade student)
- bribes (you can attempt to bribe an artist when they have an open slot)

Sometimes these methods are available, sometimes they aren't. Generally the first and/or second page of the main shop thread will list what's going on.

Drawing your own character wouldn't make them an "official" character, so I'm afraid not. As maru said, controlling player population to a degree helps us maintain an active and unique rp-experience without overwhelming both the GMs and existing players.

Okay i think i understand now, but just encase, may you kindly give me a link to someone who is currently making a quest character to refernce from? (Sorry, i get easily paranoid and it takes me hours or days to join something due to the fear of annoying or enraging someone)  

Light Yoshiru

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:18 am
Sosi ~ that's fine ~ <3

MK ~ idk

zoobey

Light Yoshiru

Good idea! This subforum as hundreds of TiH quests to look at.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games