Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Official SERIOUS Naruto Anime and Manga discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr._Stabby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:33 pm
Yeah you guys are getting off topic. Best way to continue this debate is probaly on the off topic thread. >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:20 pm
Mr._Stabby
Yeah you guys are getting off topic. Best way to continue this debate is probaly on the off topic thread. >.>
No. I'm glad the posts are gone. I just wanted it to get dropped... this thursday we'll have a new chapter to discuss and we can get back on track.  

Syndactyly

Uchiha Kagai

Invisible Gaian

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:16 pm
NOOOOOOOOOO! AZUMA DIED! crying  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:17 pm
Shikalee
Mr._Stabby
No. I'm glad the posts are gone. I just wanted it to get dropped... this thursday we'll have a new chapter to discuss and we can get back on track.

Indeed. Im actually wondering how they'll present the chapter. Will it start off with everyone in Konoha finding out, or will it start off showing Naruto or another character doing something, then having them find out at the end of the chapter?  

Mr._Stabby

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:24 pm
Mr._Stabby
Shikalee
Mr._Stabby

Indeed. Im actually wondering how they'll present the chapter. Will it start off with everyone in Konoha finding out, or will it start off showing Naruto or another character doing something, then having them find out at the end of the chapter?
I'm all nervous... I figured Shikamaru would be alright... but now I'm worried he won't again. And what about Kurenai? Though I know she is a strong woman... I still worry.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:24 pm
Shikalee
Mr._Stabby
Shikalee
Mr._Stabby

I'm all nervous... I figured Shikamaru would be alright... but now I'm worried he won't again. And what about Kurenai? Though I know she is a strong woman... I still worry.

I cant imagine what Kurenai is going to do.Other than a few filler episodes they havent gotten into her a whole lot. I was expecting Shikamaru to break down, I would have actualy been surprised if he didnt. His master did just get killed in front of him after all.  

Mr._Stabby

liz_bliz_inc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:38 pm
Well, he smoked the cigerrate as a way to hide the real reason behind his tears. You know, because he has to 'be a man' and all that. The smoke makes his eyes water so he used it as an excuse for why he was crying. Whether anyone buys it within the comic, hell if i know. I just know that's what it looked like he was doing

Oh, that in the sidelines of the last page it says something along the lines of 'the rain hides the many tears and the the smoke hides their real cause'.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:47 pm
Mr._Stabby
Shikalee
Mr._Stabby
Shikalee
Mr._Stabby

I cant imagine what Kurenai is going to do.Other than a few filler episodes they havent gotten into her a whole lot. I was expecting Shikamaru to break down, I would have actualy been surprised if he didnt. His master did just get killed in front of him after all.
I knew he would. Because he does have his issues. But I can't predict what else he could do. This is the first time something really bad has ever happened to him. Ever.

I wasn't quite expecting it to all revolve around him. He was "more sad" than Ino and Chouji. He was the center of attention. Now the fangirls will escalate, and I'll have to fight more of them off of me (my sig and my art). GRR! The stuggles... I've always been like him and I'm not praised! *le hmphe*

Probably because I'm a girl...  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:49 pm
They'll probably have another dramatic funeral, like they did for Sandaime. I doubt the whole village would show up, but you know. Konohamaru, now family-less, and Iruka, who's the mom of all the family-less kids.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:51 pm
I think the reason he seemed more sad about it was because he couln't stop it from happening, though he did the first time. More of a guilt factor I would assume anyway.  

Mr._Stabby

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:54 pm
Well, it seems like Asuma had a closer connection with Shikamaru than he did with the other two.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:59 pm
Yes, I know that... I know all of that... I do stalk Shikamaru throughout the manga.

I just thought his, "I'm a man" complex would prevent him from breaking down in front of everyone. Maybe something that terrible rattled him out of such a closed mindset. If it did, I'm glad. But then he'll probably go to the other extreme and be distracted by ninja-to-ninja relations... God knows what. I just hope Kishimoto doesn't make this a Shikamaru drama. This is about Naruto. Shikamaru is my favorite but I'm starting to get a little sick of his life falling apart. It's kind of depressing. I need progression; namely, from Naruto.

Shikamaru has always had apparent issues. So does everyone else. The death of Asuma was shocking though... he couldn't hide his feelings anymore. If anyone died in front of me, I would be bawling. Even more so than them, probably... Well, I can't say that because manga is a poor representation of how sad he really was... Especially since in Japanese I've never read violent crying. But besides that... I don't know. Maybe I'm just down in the dumps about it. I TOTALLY understand the situation, why Shikamaru reacted the way he did, even moreso than his teammates... The reason why I said all those things is because I don't want to believe it... for several reasons. I just want things to go back to the way they used to be. God, I need to GET THE HECK OVER IT. I have a big mooshy crush on an anime boy. gonk

By the way.

Captain Verd
...and Iruka, who's the mom of all the family-less kids.
LOL!! rofl  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:04 pm
It'll probably be a team ten/Shikamaru drama until the next chapter. Once the funeral or whatever is over, it'll stop being about him. That's what happened before, when everyone was in the hospital after trying to retrieve Sasuke.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:38 am
Captain Verd
It'll probably be a team ten/Shikamaru drama until the next chapter. Once the funeral or whatever is over, it'll stop being about him. That's what happened before, when everyone was in the hospital after trying to retrieve Sasuke.
Yeah. Sucks like that, eh? He never works with Naruto... I really think he should...
I want the drama to be over... but I don't want everything to be over. I must admit; I've been very pleased to read this segment. But for the last 3 chapters all it has been was drama drama drama...  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:36 pm
There's been so much talking and explaining in the latest chapters. So dull.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games