Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 854 855 856 857 858 859 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FogSage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:51 pm
If this gets any worse, I think Wikipedia should have a list of all the celebrities who've died in the past three years.

It all started with Anna Nicole. She died first and somehow generated this...this...death wave among the rich and famous. They're all dropping like flies and it's getting completely out of hand.

Anna Nicole, Irwin, Ledger, Carlin, Bernie Mac, Issac Hayes...who else am I missing? I must be missing someone else....

Only the good die young. Paris Hilton and her skanky friends will be around even after a nuclear bomb blows us all to hell.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:39 pm
FogSage
If this gets any worse, I think Wikipedia should have a list of all the celebrities who've died in the past three years.

It all started with Anna Nicole. She died first and somehow generated this...this...death wave among the rich and famous. They're all dropping like flies and it's getting completely out of hand.

Anna Nicole, Irwin, Ledger, Carlin, Bernie Mac, Issac Hayes...who else am I missing? I must be missing someone else....

Only the good die young. Paris Hilton and her skanky friends will be around even after a nuclear bomb blows us all to hell.
Coulda sworn Irwin died before Anna razz  

Alektorphobia

FogSage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:47 pm
Asphyxiat!on
FogSage

Did he now?

Damn, that's right. He died in 06. Can't believe it's almost been two whole year since that happened. Seems just like yesterday...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:13 pm
FogSage
Asphyxiat!on
FogSage

Did he now?

Damn, that's right. He died in 06. Can't believe it's almost been two whole year since that happened. Seems just like yesterday...
Yeah, Anna barely died :3. Ledger's death was after that. Carlin was kinda expected cause of his age. Bernie Mac and Issac Hayes were huge shocks  

Alektorphobia

J.Kougar
Vice Captain

Fashionable Cat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:38 pm
FogSage
J.Kougar
J.Kougar

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sanity is expensive to maintain... is it really worth it? Sometimes I wonder...

When I picked up my prescriptions today the pharmacist had some great news for me. There is finally a generic for the Lamictal, and it's a good bit less than what the name brand version of the same drug costs.
Problem is, they jacked up the price on the Zyprexa.

Here's the run-down from last month...

Zyprexa $595.99
Lamictal $210.99

Total: $806.98

Here's the run-down from this month...

Zyprexa $634.99
Lamictal $172.99

Total: $807.98

...Wow, the savings are unbelievable! Thanks Walgreens! confused

I think you mean 807.98, not 607.

Six hundred some dollars for a bottle of pills? That's ******** crazy. Do they even work?

Yea, typo there. Sorry.

As for if they work, eah... they help keep the other voices in my head quiet, and I'm much less prone to the violent outbursts and such I think. I still want to kill half the people I see, but I think I'm a little less likely to do it now. wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:18 am
So yeah, I really need to say this. Copypasta from another forum post I made, but regardless...

I've come face to face with my biggest of all my inner-demons and the destruction it's left in its wake through me. I am horrible with money. Like, I've had paychecks last one day because I can't control myself. Even worse, I've gotten my hands on not one, but 4 credit cards (none that I have anymore) that, between all of them, I've racked up about $5,000 in debt, this being on top of my student loan payments. I always told myself that I can always make the payments and get by on that, but over four cards, that's about $30-$35 each card, so about $120+ each month, plus the $120 I pay each month now for student loans. That's a lot each month, and while I can manage it while living with my parents, I'll never be able to move out with the hours I have now. I need help. I need help desperately.

I don't even want to get into how I got that much debt, but like I said, I can't control myself, and when I want something, I get it, however I need to. I'm addicted to spending money, plainly put. My parents tried to instill frugality in my brother and I, but both of us are bad, I'm probably the worst. I don't even have savings anymore because I spent that too, and that was graduation money from my parents that I was supposed to save just in case.

I've been hiding this for far too long, and it gives me nightmares thinking about the rage my parents (mostly my dad) will unleash upon me for not only getting myself in the hole, but also because I lied about it for so long and disappointed them. I'm not the son they can be proud of. I'm the son that they're gonna be bailing out because he didn't learn. One things for sure, I've learned NOW, but learning the lesson doesn't clean up the mess.

I'm saying this here, because I don't know what's going to happen. I'm giving my parents a long, LONG letter explaining everything, and trust me this is the way it has to go or else it'll be a lot harder telling them face to face. I have a feeling that everything that I own now, whether I charged it or not, is going to go away, and I'm hoping that it doesn't mean my computer, but if it must, then it must. I don't know if it'd go that far, but I wouldn't be surprised. I just really needed to admit this, because it's been eating at me and I'm physically ill now with my anxiety over this. One thing's for sure, they are going to be the only ones who can help me, and I need this now more than ever. No more hiding. No more spending. I just need help and in the worst way.  

Afina Maslow

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:48 pm
Affy, I know your beating yourself up over this, but you should be proud that you are handling it like you are. A lot of people, especially young people are currently having this problem. No wonder with the way credit cards are practically shoved down their throats and school is costing more and more. Most people however are not strong enough to admit they have this problem till they are far more in the hole than you are. It won't be easy, but I know you are going to be able to get yourself back on track.

My big advise would be to get yourself up with a financial planner that can help you best dig yourself out and start building a nest egg. It isn't all just about being frugal, but truly seeing where each dollar is going. Knowledge really is power in this case.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:16 pm
Krissim Klaw
Affy, I know your beating yourself up over this, but you should be proud that you are handling it like you are. A lot of people, especially young people are currently having this problem. No wonder with the way credit cards are practically shoved down their throats and school is costing more and more. Most people however are not strong enough to admit they have this problem till they are far more in the hole than you are. It won't be easy, but I know you are going to be able to get yourself back on track.

My big advise would be to get yourself up with a financial planner that can help you best dig yourself out and start building a nest egg. It isn't all just about being frugal, but truly seeing where each dollar is going. Knowledge really is power in this case.

I had a long talk with my parents when I got back from work, and they're not super upset. They had kind of suspected sweatdrop Anyway, they want to help me budget my money better so I know where it's all going, as well as try and possibly consolidate it into one big payment, that while it's still big, would be easier to manage and if I can get it on a good interest rate, I'll be able to make headway on paying it off, which is good. They also told me I really REALLY need to step up and look for something better in terms of work, since Target isn't doing that good of a job. Whether I really get a steady schedule at Target and get a second job or something else entirely that's full time and whatnot, which is what I've been trying to do, though not especially hard sweatdrop All in all, like you've said, I did the right thing by telling them and they're glad that I'm being forward about it, and also glad that it's not nearly as bad as it could've been.  

Afina Maslow

FogSage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:19 pm
The Inventory system is pissing me off big time. It keeps giving me error messages every time I try organizing my inventory.

And not just that, but why did the inventory system have to go and change? The old one was just fine as it was. Having your items you last wore move to the bottom of your inventory page? What IDIOT thought that would be a good idea? It just makes your items THAT much harder to find. I don't know about the rest of Gaia, but I LIKE having my items organized instead of being strewn all over the place like my closet vomited.

Come to think of it, whenever you want to switch tabs now, you have to load the tab's contents. We didn't have to do that before. Why did this change? Why do we have to wait when we DIDN'T have to wait before? ARGH.

Just needed to say that. It's getting on my last damn nerve, it is.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:55 pm
FogSage
The Inventory system is pissing me off big time. It keeps giving me error messages every time I try organizing my inventory.

And not just that, but why did the inventory system have to go and change? The old one was just fine as it was. Having your items you last wore move to the bottom of your inventory page? What IDIOT thought that would be a good idea? It just makes your items THAT much harder to find. I don't know about the rest of Gaia, but I LIKE having my items organized instead of being strewn all over the place like my closet vomited.

Come to think of it, whenever you want to switch tabs now, you have to load the tab's contents. We didn't have to do that before. Why did this change? Why do we have to wait when we DIDN'T have to wait before? ARGH.

Just needed to say that. It's getting on my last damn nerve, it is.

Every single one of your complaints exactly mirrors my own thoughts on the subject. Just thought you'd like to know you're not alone. 3nodding  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Lyrim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:18 pm
Goodbye Angela, I'll miss you. I wish things'd been different but maybe now ya can finally rest. cry

Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone
Susanne the plans they made put an end to you
I walked out this morning and I wrote down this song
I just can't remember who to send it to

I've seen fire and I've seen rain
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again

Won't you look down upon me, Jesus
You've got to help me make a stand
You've just got to see me through another day
My body's aching and my time is at hand
And I won't make it any other way

Oh, I've seen fire and I've seen rain
But I always thought that I'd see you again

Been walking my mind to an easy time my back turned towards the sun
Lord knows when the cold wind blows it'll turn your head around
Well, there's hours of time on the telephone line to talk about things
to come
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground

Oh, I've seen fire and I've seen rain
But I always thought that I'd see you, baby, one more time again, now

Thought I'd see you one more time again
There's just a few things coming my way this time around, now
Thought I'd see you, thought I'd see you fire and rain, now

James Taylor - Fire And Rain

Today I lost a very old an dear friend. I should'ah gone ta see her again when I knew things'd been getten bad and I didn't. Now I'll never be able to. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:05 pm
J.Kougar
Yea, typo there. Sorry.
As for if they work, eah... they help keep the other voices in my head quiet, and I'm much less prone to the violent outbursts and such I think. I still want to kill half the people I see, but I think I'm a little less likely to do it now. wink

Wanting to kill everyone is the most healthiest, normal thing you could want. I would be very worried if you didn't want to. razz  

Garek Maxwell

FogSage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:04 pm
Went to a Rock and Mineral show at the community center today and picked out a few pretty rocks. Wish I hadn't wasted my money on several dinky little geodes which were not very good, but I got them for donating money to a scholarship fund, so I guess there was some good in it.

In the end, I got three stones, two of which had been polished and rounded into spheres. One of them is a deep blue color that is swirled through with white, light green, and hints of reddish brown. I think it's a piece of sodalite, can't be sure, but I picked it up because it looks exactly like the Earth viewed from space. It's like having a tiny globe in the palm of your hand.

The next one is a sphere of dark jade, with smoky green cracks and whirls running throughout the paler green parts.

The last stone I got is much smaller than the other two. It's a flat oval stone, faintly translucent, with a pale blue-green color, practically a jadeite. I didn't ask what it was, stupidly, but I'll get them all identified when I go back to the show tomorrow to pick up another rock I had my eye on.

It's a piece of labradorite, and I couldn't take my eyes off it. I went back to the same stall three different times just to look at it. The shine was amazing and the colors shifted and merged and bounced. It's going to cost me about 20 dollar to get a piece of it, but still, it's worth it to me.

I wanted to get a piece of seraphite too, but I don't have the money for it...

I asked this one guy what this massive stone was called and he went into this spiel about how all the stones are his friends, how they talk to him, how Jesus Himself said that the stones cry out. I just nodded and tried not to laugh and/or freak out.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:53 am
People are pissing me off on FAF.

"LOLOL, ONLY RETARDS GET BANNED FROM FORUMS! ALL THOSE BANNED PEOPLE MUST'VE BEEN RETARDS!"

NO. ******** YOU. The people who were banned were some of the best and most intelligent people on that forum and now it's going to be a spam shithole for noobs to fester and multiply in. This wouldn't have had to happen if something had been done about the severe moderation deficiency.  

FogSage

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:11 pm
Boomdiada boomdiada~  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 854 855 856 857 858 859 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games