Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dragon's Lair
Post your pictures! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Having fun yet?
  Yes!
  no!
View Results

treebornkettlgrl

11,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:50 am
aecy
Aldora21
rofl Tree - not all of us were born to tan! As a fellow too pale to be comfortable wearing a bathing suit some days (I blind people when I go to the beach!) gal, it just ain't gonna happen. I burn, I peel, I'm pale. rofl Oh, and Moze may have a point about the wearing pants and only being outdoors in the dark....

It's really 1. heridity and 2. location, as well as 3. time spent outside.
As for tree.... pshaw, of course a cali girl won't be pale most of the time. rolleyes There's more light there... or... more intensity... up here you need more hours of sunlight to get the same effect, which is why solar energy isn't nearly so effective up here.

And, why dad will be waaaaaay darker if he spends a week out in cali for his job than he would be here even if he spent all summer outside.

hey, i'm telling you that not all people in california are tan. i live here, i should know. yes, there may be a higher amount of UV rays passing through ozone over here, but not everyone has the ability to use those rays to get a tan. rather, they burn. so yeah, there are white people here!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:12 pm
aecy
Draconia23
aecy
Draconia23
yunalyssa

whoa, my step dad was just like that.
He shoved his fists through doors all the time. And he threw our TV on the ground and broke it. It was horrible. He has some major issues.
But now my moms divorcing him so all is well.

since my grandma wouldn't let me hang out with my mom, i was happy when my grandma had to leave on a trip and i had some time with my mom, but when she died (cried my eyes out in front of all my classmates when i told my 4th grade teacher), and my mom had me all to herself, i feel suffocated now D: too much of a good thing?

Yes, perhaps.
Hmm. Maybe that's why your grandma kept her from her...
in any case, how old are you? you probably don't have too much time left.
Hey, I've never really spent time with anyone outside the family much in the last year or two... (though that's kinda the fault of the no friends thing more than anything else, and the "I'm too lazy to force my parents to get me practice" thing. XP )
Personally? My mom isn't openly violent, but... I remember when my sister was pulling the garbage she was... committing herself to things, then mom would feel obligated to bend over backwards and do several very complicated acrobatic maneuvers so that the other person didn't have to be inconvenienced... User Image
For at least a year or more there were very few weeks when at least one or more nights were not filled with either one or the other or both of my parents in an argument with her... man... that was horrible. burning_eyes I mean... constant screaming at each other... I'm glad that's over. >_>;;;

well, i'm 16 right now (turning 17 on the 23rd of this month!). so i guess i don't have much time left before i go to college. that is...if my mom will let me go to college that's a little bit far away (i'm not aiming for anything out of state). she's even coming into my bedroom when i'm asleep and whispering to me not to leave, so i kinda feel bad so i'm thinking of going to the local university. it's not a bad university either, it's just that, my brother's going there too, and i'm always in his shadow, so i want to break free a little. *sigh* damn why is life getting so hard right now? there's so many things to worry about.
yeah i hated it when my parents fought. especially since the cause of the fight was over me. it sucks.
Yeah... I'm 20... still stuck here... going to school and living at home... >.< Hopefully I'll be able to transfer to my desired 4-year school next fall... IF I can afford housing. otherwise... I might end up living at home another 2 years after that. T___T ugh. this is tough. As my mom's health gets worse she gets harder to live with.

ouch that sucks. i sorta know how you feel, my friend's mom is really sick (she's getting better a little bit) so he decided not to leave home and he's taking online classes for college, even though he's almost 22 now.  

mintsie_ii

aecy

Aged Noob

11,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:29 am
Draconia23
aecy
Draconia23
aecy
Draconia23
yunalyssa

whoa, my step dad was just like that.
He shoved his fists through doors all the time. And he threw our TV on the ground and broke it. It was horrible. He has some major issues.
But now my moms divorcing him so all is well.

since my grandma wouldn't let me hang out with my mom, i was happy when my grandma had to leave on a trip and i had some time with my mom, but when she died (cried my eyes out in front of all my classmates when i told my 4th grade teacher), and my mom had me all to herself, i feel suffocated now D: too much of a good thing?

Yes, perhaps.
Hey, I've never really spent time with anyone outside the family much in the last year or two... (though that's kinda the fault of the no friends thing more than anything else, and the "I'm too lazy to force my parents to get me practice" thing. XP )
Personally? My mom isn't openly violent, but... I remember when my sister was pulling the garbage she was... committing herself to things, then mom would feel obligated to bend over backwards and do several very complicated acrobatic maneuvers so that the other person didn't have to be inconvenienced... User Image
For at least a year or more there were very few weeks when at least one or more nights were not filled with either one or the other or both of my parents in an argument with her... man... that was horrible. burning_eyes I mean... constant screaming at each other... I'm glad that's over. >_>;;;

well, i'm 16 right now (turning 17 on the 23rd of this month!). so i guess i don't have much time left before i go to college. that is...if my mom will let me go to college that's a little bit far away (i'm not aiming for anything out of state). she's even coming into my bedroom when i'm asleep and whispering to me not to leave, so i kinda feel bad so i'm thinking of going to the local university. it's not a bad university either, it's just that, my brother's going there too, and i'm always in his shadow, so i want to break free a little. *sigh* damn why is life getting so hard right now? there's so many things to worry about.
yeah i hated it when my parents fought. especially since the cause of the fight was over me. it sucks.
Yeah... I'm 20... still stuck here... going to school and living at home... >.< Hopefully I'll be able to transfer to my desired 4-year school next fall... IF I can afford housing. otherwise... I might end up living at home another 2 years after that. T___T ugh. this is tough. As my mom's health gets worse she gets harder to live with.

ouch that sucks. i sorta know how you feel, my friend's mom is really sick (she's getting better a little bit) so he decided not to leave home and he's taking online classes for college, even though he's almost 22 now.

She's not sick per se, but her back is going and getting ever worse because she keeps pushing herself, and she has a 7 year old to take care of and her eyesight's going... and... it's just... a lot of stuff... how can we all balance between competeing interests and obligations when they're all making it hard on everyone else? stressed *sighs* yeah, I'm at home at 20... I just want to get out of here though... I'm sick of feeling like I'm evil for not being able to do everything I need to do and do it all right without making stupid mistakes and causing problems. sad  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:11 pm
la dee da dee da
Im pale as hell
and i live in cali  

Yunalyssa

6,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200

zann

Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:01 am
and I live in Sweden, it's soon winter, and I'm still slightly tanned blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:16 pm
3nodding  

treebornkettlgrl

11,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Cheerleader 200

Divine Ishtar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:41 pm
yeah im now whiter then alyssa -.-  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:57 pm
Hmm. Yes, you're right... but it still makes a difference.

Dad can't get as tan here as he can out there.
And he should know... he lived in cali for a long time, and has spent time stationed in Hawaii back before he was basically laid off with a ton of other people during president clinton's time in office.  

aecy

Aged Noob

11,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200

treebornkettlgrl

11,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:50 pm
Shareta
yeah im now whiter then alyssa -.-

woohoo!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:52 pm
aecy

And he should know... he lived in cali for a long time, and has spent time stationed in Hawaii back before he was basically laid off with a ton of other people during president clinton's time in office.

Still, I think you think that Cali is always sunny and wonderful, and that everyone who lives in Cali lives at the beach or visits it 24/7.
There are plenty of people who live in the mountains were it snows.
Or people who live in rainier and cloudier places.
Cali isn't all sunshine and pretty blue skies. If anything theres more sunburned people out here.  

Yunalyssa

6,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200

aecy

Aged Noob

11,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:52 am
Lady Yunalyssa
aecy

Still, I think you think that Cali is always sunny and wonderful, and that everyone who lives in Cali lives at the beach or visits it 24/7.
There are plenty of people who live in the mountains were it snows.
Or people who live in rainier and cloudier places.
Cali isn't all sunshine and pretty blue skies. If anything theres more sunburned people out here.

Haha, yeah right, I didn't mean that in the least! xd Of course not. ^^ And yes, I know, the whole state isn't just one long string of beaches with no bad weather... but there's a difference all the same... in the sun's intensity due to the angle the earth is tilted in reference to the sun. I didn't need to go to environmental science to know that. xd (though they did talk about it there too. )

I mean, when the sun is out, it is more intense, causing more sunburn. We have tons of people in our state who have naturally light skin... here, they might burn a bit, down there, yeah, they'd fry...
but I can tell you that spending a day on a beach here and spending a day on a beach there will have a different effect... here, with my irish-type light skin, I'd get burned a bit to where it's red and warm to the touch but doesn't peel... I don't even wear sunscreen to be honest. confused Even swimming. I never burn badly enough for it to be worth it getting in my eyes when I try to wipe the water out of them and everything... >.<

Lol.... all sunshine and blue skies... there's not a place in the world that has good weather all the time... rolleyes and come on, with all the different microclimates you guys have there? That would be a stupid generalization... you have mountains and forests and... all sorts of different areas... the beaches are just a narrow strip running the length of the state, not the entire thing... haha. like I said, my parents used to live there, so I have a basic knowledge of the sort of climate... They used to go around and randomly drive to places and see what they found... I've herd enough...

But, I know that Tree worked on the docks I think, and you know her irl, if I remember correctly, so my assumption would be that you live in one of the warmer areas... also, the pictures don't do much to dissuade me from that impression. xd

How did you get the impression I thought that? confused I said nothing about it being because of beaches, but because of the intensity of light difference due to the curve of the earth and the angle of the sun's rays. razz lol.

Actually... we havean incredible number of beaches here too... we're not called the land of ten thousand lakes for nothing... we have four of them within 15 miles of my house, all with at least one "beach"... not to mention marshes and smaller "lakes" that we don't call lakes because we don't consider them big enough.... and you should see our seagull population. O.o It's horrible! gonk those flying rats are EVERYWHERE!

So... nope. Beaches or not, that had nothing to do with my point really... If I wanted a beach, I could go three miles away and hang out in the sun on the sand alongside a lake... or four miles and hang out at another one, or... you get my point... Your impression that my impression of your state was the false one. razz My impression was correct. xd rofl

what, you think we Minnesotans sit around in igloos all day?
We do get a week or so of days above 100 degrees F... and although we don't have more than a week of spring normally, we do get our fair share of sun as well.

I should throw some antacid tablets in the walmart parking lot just to watch those nasty seagulls eat it and blow up... I heard that that stuff kills them... might be worth a try, lol. >.>

Then again... I might get in trouble...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:31 am
Umm yeah I didnt read all that but you should wear sun block just cuz you dont burn dosnt mean u shouldnt protect yourselfs from the UV rays

skin cancer isnt somthing to joke about people all of you wear ur sun block!! scream

p.s. seagulls are awesome leave 'em alone emo
&& u guys take things too far rolleyes  

Divine Ishtar

treebornkettlgrl

11,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:26 pm
who takes what too far? eek  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:45 pm
alyssa and aecy take simple statements to far, alot of people do  

Divine Ishtar

mintsie_ii

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:26 am
aecy
Draconia23
aecy
Draconia23
aecy

Yes, perhaps.

She's not sick per se, but her back is going and getting ever worse because she keeps pushing herself, and she has a 7 year old to take care of and her eyesight's going... and... it's just... a lot of stuff... how can we all balance between competeing interests and obligations when they're all making it hard on everyone else? stressed *sighs* yeah, I'm at home at 20... I just want to get out of here though... I'm sick of feeling like I'm evil for not being able to do everything I need to do and do it all right without making stupid mistakes and causing problems. sad

yeah, whatever i do, my mom always brings it back to me leaving for college. i was planning on going to colleges which were at least an hour or two hours away. one of colleges i was planning to go to is in an area where we already own a house, so i wouldn't have to commute. then my mom goes on about how i don't have a license yet, and that i'd die without her. the house i was talking about has a Food4Less right down the street. if i walk, it would only take ten minutes, (plus i'm planning on getting my license once i get past the 17 and a half age limit restriction). odds that i'm gonna starve are slim if you ask me. plus if she gets lonely, she can always visit (though i know when she visits she's going to nag at me again about the way i live -_-).  
Dragon's Lair

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff