Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:44 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Hizuma the Troublesome
Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm unexpected? all over the spectrum? Bipolar?(pshh riiiiight) When I'm in a great to decent mood I'm completely random nearly to the point of nonsensical. When I'm upset or depressed I'm nearly unresponsive. Tired, cranky, or mildly irritated I revert to randomness, though with more insults and verbal jabs. When truly, thoroughly angry I get really calm and speak more formally. Anything past this is never guaranteed.

Darrian stood towards the back as he watched the first few of his new peers take their seats and try on the Sorting Hat, which he recognized only by his parents description. By now a few shivers of nervousness crept up his spine. Where would he end up? His parents came from the Raven's nest and Snake Pit, as they said in jest. He felt he was very far from stupid, but not sure if intelligent enough for Ravenclaw. He only barely pushed these musings aside and brought his attention around as he heard his surname called. Raising his face, he pushed his hands into his pants pockets and strode forward, his loosened tie swinging slightly. Recalling his mannerism lessons from his father: head up, eyes scanning slowly side to side, making eye contact when necessary, moving with a sense of purpose but without a sense of urgency or hurry. He approached the stool and sat, awaiting his fate.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Slytherin!

((OOC: Please remember to put your name, house, and year into your posts. Thank you.))  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:50 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

ElegantVictiorainRose
User Image

LIVE AS I F YOU WERE TO DIE TOMORROW
                                                          ╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Where
                                                          Great hall
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════
                                                          With
                                                          The sorting hat
                                                          Feeling
                                                          excited, eager, nervous and anxious to begin his new life
                                                          Thinking
                                                          I can't wait till we can start! The new things I'll learn..I can't wait
                                                          ╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
                                                          LEARN AS I F YOU WERE TO LIVE FOREVER

Most of the journey to this point had been a blur. The castle was amazing and his attention had been on it for the most part, even when his brothers were talking. But then his name was called. Being distracted by the candles above caused him to jump lightly at the suddenness of the call but he composed himself and moved forward to sit on the bench and await his turn to be sorted. An excited but calm grin forming on his face as he wondered where the magical hat would place him. In fact he was getting far too eager to start classes.

Quote:
                                                          People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Curious and observant though with certain things I can get bored very quickly. I can be quite the daredevil and jump into any situation with no fear. Straying from the path to climb a steep slope just to see whats on the other side is what i live for and I love it. At home or elsewhere I enjoy sports of all kinds. Keeping myself active and from getting bored is a main goal. Its rare that I will lock myself away. Yet despite my extroverted nature I can be quiet. Parties are really not my thing so if ever invited to one I'll sit in the back and keep my hands and mind busy with something. With others I can be trusting and will get along well with most anyone and in competitive situations I will be fair. Cheating is not on my list of things I like. Around others of different races beliefs and what have you I will not judge. With my active lifestyle I became detached from society in a way and so the differences don't phase me in the least. Generally I can be pretty happy but its subdued. Now one last thing, activity as mentioned above does not just mean with my body. My mind needs to be stimulated just as much. When going out is out of the question I'll delve into mind puzzles or other things to keep myself entertained. Even better is when my siblings join in the fun.

CHANGE IS ONLY A NEW CHALLENGE
                                                          ╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Out of Character
                                                          I forgot how fast this all went XD
                                                          ╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Daring and active,
You have a mind that needs to be stimulated,
You can do well here...

Gryffindor!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:59 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Kai Sparrowheart
User Image
Jesse Giovanni Fiore
Eleven~ Unsorted

✵ ✴ We live in cities you'll never see onscreen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things
Living in ruins of a palace within my dreams
And you know we're on each others team

I'm kind of over getting told to throw my hands up in the air✵ ✴

【♖】
【♖】 【♖】 【♖】 【♖】

Jesse was in a deep state of denial of any of this happening until they called his name. It took him a good fifteen seconds for him to realize they had called his name, and it was embarrassing to see everyone laugh at the face he made when he realized that oh, crap, this is me. Swallowing his inhibitions, the boy shook his shoulders and walked towards the stool. Nervously he picked up the sorting hat, taking a look at it for a second before putting it on his head and sitting down reluctantly.

Quote:
Really, really nice. I love making friends and spending time with them. I am very loyal and I see the best in people. I have a lot of faith in life I guess, even though it hasn't been kind to me. I'm pretty funny and sarcastic. I'm of average intelligence, but I usually have my face buried in a book. Oh and I'm big on writing and stories.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

So you love making friends and are loyal?
Ha! This is an easy choice then!

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:03 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

snarechicks are cool
....I tremble....

User Image

....they're gonna eat me alive....
....if I stumble....
---wearing: Comfy Sweater
---mood: Nervous
---with: No one
....they're gonna eat me alive....

.:Genevieve Marie Palldine:.
l
l
l
....can you hear my heart beating like a hammer?....

---{pureblood}---{unsorted}---{first year}---

======================================================

Genevieve had entered the Great Hall and was instantly struck with awe at the grandness of it. The tables filled with students of all ages sectioned off by their houses, she could feel eyes on her, but then again this must be a very exciting time. Once all the first years were huddled together towards the front of the hall, sorting had begun. One by one, other kids her age scampered up the stairs to sit on a stool and be placed into the house that suited them. She wondered what house she would reside in. Falling into a zone in her mind, she began to think about what this hat would take away from her. Her family's long line of Pureblooded Slytherins, her black sheep persona compared to her family, she just hoped that the hat put her where she would truly belong. She was snapped out of her daze as her name was called, fixing her glossy brown hair, she shifted her way through the crowd, mumbling polite a polite 'excuse me' every once in a while. Finally reaching the stage, she allowed the hat to be placed on her head. She could feel her heart pace quicken ever so slightly as she awaited the verdict.

My dream job is to work with magical creatures. Possibly teach about them as a professor?

My blood status is pure blood.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm silent but sweet. I don't say much and mostly keep to myself. It may come off as stoic at times, but in all reality I just don't speak when I feel it is unneeded. I have very few friends as a result of this, but I generally don't mind. I'm used to being a party of one. I would keep myself occupied with school work or books or even just staring off into space.Although, when I make a friend, I am very supportive and loyal. I love to give compliments and make people smile and feel good, even if I am feeling horrible that day I put on a smile just to make sure I don't rub it off on anyone else. To adults, I'm extremely respectful and polite. I make sure to keep eye contact and answer with 'sir's and 'm'am's. It's how I was forcefully brought up, so it is basically instinctive. Being such a mild person, it means I keep well in my studies. I'm a fabulous student and have an excellent memory. I don't raise my hand often in class, but my test scores show that I pay attention and try my hardest to fully understand the concept that I was given.

My background story is not something I wish to get sympathy over. I know for a fact that my life is no where near as bad as others, but it's just things that I deal with. From a very young age, I was raised in an extremely strict and intolerant household. My mother was cold and demanding of the children and my father rarely spoke. I come from a pureblood ancestry, and they were the type that believe pure was the best thing to be. I have tried to speak up about my thoughts and my own beliefs only to be instantly shot down and told that I quiet child is a good child. That's how I remained. Silent. I did not speak unless spoken to and followed all rules and requests. Around the time I was seven, I had quite a shock to my system. I heard a great deal of yelling, which wasn't really that uncommon in my home, but this was different. Trying to be as stealthy as possible, I sneak my way to the wall before the family room. I peek around to spy my Uncle Lenard and my father having a very heated debate. I had always loved the company of my Uncle. He felt the same way I did and let me vent to him everything I wished to say. He grabbed my father's arm in a huff and revealed a tattoo of what looked like a skull and snake. I'd never seen such a thing. Almost in a blur of slow motion, I see my father's wand raise, then he blasted his brother with a bolt of green magic. I could only see that my one friend was dead. I choked out a sob and instantly covered my mouth as my father turned his head to see me. Racing over, he shook me by my arms. "Don't you dare utter a word, do you understand? You saw nothing!" He threw me to the ground and proceeded upstairs to leave me crying on the floor. I never did utter a word. That is a secret I will never share or want to relive.

I enjoy cold weather. I love it when it starts to get nippy and you have to put on scarves and sweaters and drink hot beverages. I also love to work with animals and magical creatures. I have thestrals at my home and they are lovely beings. Books are another pleasure of mine. I'm rarely seen without one. I love getting lost in another world for a while. I really really like sweets. I could sit and eat chocolates and gummies and sugary treats all day if I was allowed. Finally, I love stars. I often stay up late and just stare at them, finding shapes and constellations.

I despise hot weather. It's gross! Getting all sweaty and smelly is just not how I want to spend my day. Bugs, I'm not afraid per say, they just really annoy me and I'd rather them not be near me. I hate it when people chew with their mouth open. It drives me to the point of insanity! I really don't like it when a boy would say that I can't do something because I just happen to be a girl. I don't speak up often, but I do try to defend my abilities when questioned or undermined. Lastly, I dislike it when blood statuses are taken into account. All that should really matter is ability, not where someone comes from.

I'm afraid of spiders. I don't care how little it is or if its friendly, I want it gone! Doesn't need to be killed, just away from my space.

My strengths are my loyalty to friends and family and my intelligence.

My flaws are how I can be a bit of a pushover and my quiet nature.

======================================================

Few friends,
But you are loyal when you need to be.
Hmm, I can see this house being a good fit then...

Hufflepuff!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:09 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

StudiousDemoness
User Image
[O.o.C:]

Ila nearly missed the first time her name was called. She had been preoccupied, as she had been for most of the trip. She had bobbed the lantern about and had, by complete accident, managed to drop it in the Lake. It had been for only a short time, but had discovered a mystery when she pulled it out. The candle light was still on. She had spent the rest of the trip purposeless dunking the lantern light into the water.

She hadn't solved the mystery, but at least it had made a cool effect as the water brushed over it and the light blazed on underneath. This had ended once they had docked and she had, with extreme care of not wanting to end up in the Lake. Sadly that hadn't worked and her right side found it's way into the Lake. Luckily it had only been her shoe and the right side of her robes, but the weight of the water and slight slouch of her shoe made walking up all those stairs a touch uncomfortable.

She had tried to dry her shoe off, took it off and and shook it about (away from others clearly), but nothing had really worked. At the moment, however, none of that matter. Nothing, but the sky above. Or better yet, the ceiling above. Almost from the moment she had set foot inside, her eyes had been drawn upward. First by the floating candles, then by the moving painting that lined the halls that waved back, then by the ceiling or the apparent lack of it.

She was still staring up when she heard her name called. With effects she pulled her gaze down, and found herself glancing about for who had called it, then noticed that there was the bloke from before holding up a hat. She blinked for a moment, then remembered what was suppose to be going on. She rushed forward, tripped a bit over her sodden shoe, but caught herself before she made the short steps. Quickly brushing off her robes, she straightened and walked up more slowly to the stool and the waiting hat.

"Right...sorry about that...," she muttered as she took a seat on the stool.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm
a nerd. They think that just cause I like to read comics and junk, that I've ain't got nothing else to me. Yet there is plenty to me. I've a fair sense of humor, I'm pretty springy when you get to know me. In fact, once I'm sure you aren't going to break my glasses, I'm pretty. . .what do folk call it? Open. Yeah, I'm open. I'm not going to go up to stranger and the like, but I'll talk to you if you'll talk to me. I like talking to others. I like hearing about new things and I'll even take trips and all. Honest, I'm a really good person. Once ya get my nose out of a book or my head out of the air or when I'm not being teased or when I'm not wondering about cause I can't talk to strangers then, but other than that...wait, I also need to be away from bookstores, new things or my bed. Otherwise, I'll either fall asleep or I'll be distracted.

User Image

A bookworm, hmm?
But one that happens to be open.
Perhaps you can find like-minded people here?

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:15 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Clockwork Muse
User Image
THEY❞ will parade upon YOUR victory
THEY❞ will parade upon YOUR victory
YOU'LL put a parade upon their faces
The ♟w♟o♟r ♟l♟d will be yours for the TAKING
The ❝story❞ you birth will be ageless
The ❝story❞ you birth will be ageless

xxxxxIt may have seemed that Salem was patiently waiting for his name to be called, but on the inside he was actually quite anxious. This was a crucial moment in the game, and it was one that he had little to no control over. He watched as people were called up before him and became confused. Shouldn't the Sorting be alphabetical? This seemed completely random. It wasn't fair. His last name started with A, and so he should have been first. That was the way it was supposed to go, but it wasn't.

xxxxxWaiting was unbearable. All Salem wanted to do was find out which house he would belong to for the next seven years and get to planning. He did not want to stand at the front of the Great Hall where everyone could see him. The boy was an unsorted first year, fresh meat as he was certain some people were thinking. He wondered how many of the claps for the students were actually genuine and how many were just to avoid an awkward silence. Hufflepuffs likely gave genuine applause, that much he figured from what his parents had said. They were kind. The others, Salem could only guess.

xxxxxFinally, the professor called his name. Salem made his way through the crowd of students up to where the professor stood with the Hat. He pulled himself up onto the stool and waited for the professor to put the Hat on him. This was the moment that the boy had been waiting for. This was the moment that the game truly began.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit manipulative. Okay, I'm a lot manipulative. I really enjoy getting my way, and I'm not afraid of doing what needs to be done to get it. A lot of the time, I really don't see other people as being people, but rather as pieces in a giant game of chess. I can be a bit two-faced at times too. I can act totally nice to you one minute, and then stab you in the back once I see the opportunity. I hardly open myself up to anyone, because then that leaves me vulnerable. Because of this, I find it very hard to make actual friends.

You play a dangerous game, young man,
One you may regret beginning,
However, there is one house that suits you above all...

Slytherin!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:32 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Voracious Voxy
User Image

As they moved into the castle proper, the lamps and lanterns chased away all shadows and the warm yellow light surrounded them. Revealing properly for the first time the details of the man that led them from the boats. He was a tall, broad man that had a similar bearing to Leo. Definitely authoritative but there was also a warmth and protective feeling that he emanated as well. For the first time, Ally felt drawn to the house of Gryffindor. She admired how strong and sure of himself the man was. The same way her father had always me.

Leo, her new guardian, was a former Ravenclaw. He was definitely self-assured but he also had this silent cunning sort of personality as well. Were individuals and their personalities a good judge of the houses? Or not? Would Anita and Ashley definitely be in Slytherin since they were Parselmouths? How did she feel about Slytherin?

As they moved into the Great Hall, her eyes drifted over the long tables, each below rows of house flags hanging from the enchanted ceiling. The Slytherin table really didn’t look any different than the other three. All students. All individuals. Ally’s brain was running a million miles an hour trying to calculate how likely her chances were for each house as she waited with heavy feet and cold, sweaty hands.

Finally, her name was called. ”Alastrine Whitlow!”

Shuffling feet carried her up to the stool that she had to hop up onto, her small feet dangling above the floor as the soft leather of the Sorting hat was lowered onto her head. Ally shuddered. This was the moment.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm …changed. Before her parents death she was a bubbly, happy, girly-girl that loved life and lived in the moment. She was always so excited to start school and be a witch just like her mom. But now that they are gone, and it is just her and the family friend that she was left in the custody of, she has become more withdrawn and unsure. It isn’t all Leo’s, her new guardian, fault but she doesn’t really know how to be around him. She doesn’t think that he knows either. And knowing that she’s going away to school and her parents won’t be the ones taking her to the train and seeing her off, is really wearing on her.

You seem to be lacking in self-confidence,
Perhaps the people in this house can help you find it again...

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:59 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

kiska166
User Image
User Image

Upon hearing her name called, Rosabella jerked awkwardly. It was her turn to get sorted into one of the four groups, or houses, or whatever they were called. At least she only had a twenty five percent chance of getting sorted into Alexandria's house, Gryffindor. The older girl would probably torment her a lot more if they had to spend the majority of their time in the same room. For that reason, Bella hoped she would be placed elsewhere. Dealing with Alex at the same boarding school was going to be tough enough.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm stubborn and constantly annoyed, but that's really only with Alexandria around. I want things to be done my way, but I can't manipulate a situation into getting what I want. I have issues when it comes to sharing, but that's probably because I never had to share until moving into the Quimby home. I don't really get along with my step siblings - especially Alex. I'm extremely competitive, and she brings it out of me even more. I'm a fairly shy and quiet kid, especially around people I've only just met. I prefer to be left alone than picked on because I don't entirely know how to stand up for myself. I do need my own space at the end of the day to just do nothing. Especially in this loud, chaotic house. When I'm scared, I usually lose my ability to move or make a noise. When I'm nervous, which I get occasionally when I'm talking about myself to other people, I tend to fidgit and play with my clothes or whatever is in my hands. I try to get along with everyone because I don't like having enemies or having people hate me. I am an introvert, but it's not because I don't like people or I don't trust easily. It mostly has to do with the fact that I like being in a serene, quiet environment with a book. I actually really do like being around people as long as they aren't loud and boisterous.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Stubborn, eh?
As well as competitive,
This house should teach you how to stand up for yourself...

Gryffindor!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:09 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

[Bell-chan]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Oº°‘¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨‘°ºO
𝓛ɪʟɪᴛʜ 𝖃ᴇxɪᴏɴ

Oº°‘¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨‘°ºO

Thoughts || Oh god oh god.. The hat..spacespace
Emotions || Nervous about being sorted space
Age || Eleven space space
Blood || PureBlood space
House || Unsorted spacespace
Year|| First space

❈❈❈
Keep on dreaming, Don’t stop breathing
Fight those demons, Sell your soul,Not your whole self❈❈❈
☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆

Lilith stood, waiting to be sorted. Finally, the time came, her named being shouted into the hall. Gulping, she nervously walked up the stairs and took a seat on the stool. The hat would decide her fate. Four houses, Four Personalities, But only one Lilith. She put her hands on her lap, praying that she would get a house she would belong to properly.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm rather energetic. Although I can quiet quite a bit, I has a lot to say. Commonly switching from completely shy to utterly serious. I drops my good-girl personality when someone is rude or cruel to my friends. I can be rather outgoing, not afraid to say someone is wrong or cruel. I have a fairly sharp tongue when I get angry. If someone has a problem and comes to me for advice or comfort, I can often try to be be as a mother or older sister. When it comes down to my friends, I'm loyal and can be a tad out there. Grades come second, after Family and Friends tied for first. Although my past experience with bullying, I will make sure to keep a smile on my face. My weakest moments are when I know people are in danger or being hurt, and I can't do anything. I hate begin restrained by rules and regulations, and occasionally I can get a little out of line.

☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆
❈❈❈Being me can only mean, Feeling scared to breathe, If you leave me then I’ll be afraid of everything
That makes me anxious, gives me patience, calms me down..❈❈❈

Out Of Lilith: ...

A firm grasp on right and wrong,
You also stand up for your friends,
This house should serve you well...

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:19 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

RedEagleEye007
Iñigo Lazaro Albion-Alexandré

User Image

House: TBA{|}Seer{|}First Year

Iñigo cracked a smile as he was brought up to the sorting hat, hoping that he got into the right house for him. He wondered what could possibly be the right house for him, whether it was Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, or Slytherin. Luckily, he was not the one who had to choose. That was the sorting hat's job and he was happy to be left in good hands.

“There is no death. Only a change of worlds.”

RedEagleEye007

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm extremely intelligent...at least...that is what my father has told me...and my mother. I always am on point and I exceed everyone's expectations from a mental aspect. No one believes me to be as smart as I am, but I can outsmart almost all people of my age, and most of those double my age.

I am also confident, but I do not show it. I do not brag about much, because despite the good that I do, I can never feel good enough about myself to ever brag about what I do...ever since the death of my mother...I don't feel well much at all. Confident, but humbled.

I am not as introverted as my father. I am very outgoing, despite all the anger that I have bubbling inside me. I keep up the facade very well and am always acting as if I am okay, but when alone...all I see...is the scene of my mother and uncle dying right before my eyes. I miss them and find it hard to care about anything anymore, for fear of losing it.

I am mentally mature for my age. I don't really play pranks, I don't play around like those my age do. I am often caught solving sudoko puzzles, kenken puzzles, any kind of puzzles that I can get my hands on or I am studying up all the textbooks that I would need to buy in preparation of Hogwarts. I want to become one of the best wizards ever born.

I have flaws however, when alone, I am enraged...I mentally beat myself up every time. I feel as if it is my fault that my mother is dead. I could've protected her. I want her back...I lost her too early.

You may not be as smart as you think you are,
And that belief may be your undoing,
However, you are best sorted into...

Ravenclaw!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:25 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Edward D Engel
User ImageLogan Xander Ó GrádaighFirst YearPurebloodBookworm Unsorted

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xander bit his lip as his name was called. He looked at the ground and clutched his book to his chest. "Everything will be all right in the end, and if it is not alright then it is not yet the end." he whispered to himself, hoping and praying that he wouldn't end up in Gryffindor or Slytherin. He smile, or tried to smile at least as he laid his book down by the chair.

He bit his lip looking at the crowd and sat down. As the hat was placed on his head let out a sigh and tried to reason with the it. "Dear Hat, Brave Hat that has sat upon many heads, please let me go to Ravenclaw." he thought squinting his eyes, and holding the chair he sat on with white knuckles.

Quote:
I'm a little off beat and uniquely me. People say that I talk too much. There again I am like a little mouse at home. I know a lot about stars and space, and the Goblin Wars, but that is cause we have a big library at home and most of the books in it are on big subjects. There again most of it is just fascinating to me like this one guy that was a Muggle got to go to the moon. I mean can you believe it a muggle on the moon. I think his name was Armstrong. And then there was another mission where muggles went around the moon cause the couldn't land their space ship called the Apollo 13 I think and... oh I am talking to much aren't I. But people say that I am a bookworm. Then again a lot of people don't really see the real me. I am a lot more than just my ADHD. I am smart yes but I am also a fast learner of new things and tend to foucus souly on one thing or another till I know it completely, as such I spend a lot of time in the library with my face in a book.

Heh, someone that loves books and learning!
I believe you will be a fine addition to this house!

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:36 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

scurd
════════════════════════════════Adrienne Lowery══════11══════(UNSORTED)═════════════
User Image

-APPAREL // 'Cowlick' that refuses to go down. School robe on top; with crumpled white shirt, tie that is too big for him, worn-out gray sweater vest, and well fitting/dark trousers underneath.
    -ITEMS // Nothing
    -COMPANY // Xanders brothers, other first year students, and faculty.
    -RELATIONSHIP // None
    -THINKING // "Thank goodness I didn't need my wand." and, "where is Jarlath?"
    -FEELING // Relieved, yet still nervous.
    -LOCATION // Great Hall
    < YOUTUBE SONG // (I Like That-Shane Mack)

══════════════════════════════════

Adrienne walked into the great hall with his newly made friends, and fell silent once more on the jaw-dropping scenery about them. Anything that his family had ever told him about this wonderful place, fell short to it's actual appearance. The bright candles held invisibly aloft, the warm welcome from the other students, and everything in between was so much more than he could have imagined.

In fact, there was so much to see and wonder about, that Adrienne had to be nudged forward a couple of times before he reached his seat. Once in his seat, Adrienne's gaze flew wildly about the room for his older brother, and then stopped when he saw the all-too familiar golden hair. For a second he felt like he locked eyes with him, and gave him a great smile. Seeing Jarlath comforted him, there was simply so much for him to take in, as he hardly noticed the professor setting out a stool and an old looking brown hat. Unwillingly, he turned his body away from his brother's direction and towards the front of the hall when Professor Steele spoke.

One by one, each student was called to the stool and the hat was placed on their heads by the professor. The hat would sit there for a moment, and to Adrienne's wonder it would speak! With the first girl that went up, it mumbled something about her and then announced the house that she would go into. It seemed to continue in this fashion until a student was sorted into each of the different houses.

Slytherin, Ravenclaw...Hufflepuff...Gryffindor. The names of the houses were now rattling around the inside of Adrienne's head so loudly, that he almost didn't recognize his own name when it was called. Here he got up with stiff movements, and made his way to the stool. When he was up on the platform, he first smiled to the professor, and then eyed the hat in his hands. It was rather old, and the folds almost seemed to make a face, which up to this point he hadn't noticed. He turned, hoisted himself onto the seat, and immediately scanned the room for Jarlath once more. He needed some anchor to hold onto from home-as his future was about to be decided-even, if it was leagues away from here. Once more his eyes were torn away from his brother, and up to the hat when it was settled onto his head.

Shh...Adrienne thought as he breathed out slowly through his nose. He was trying to calm himself. He wasn't aware of it before, but he was quivering with excitement, and only noticed it now that he felt the hat vibrating against his head. He quieted his mind, lessened the shaking, raised his chin proudly, and waited for it to speak.

Quote:
      People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a 'regal soul'. I am able to mold myself to any person that I need to be for any given situation. For example, with a rowdy, loud, social type of person I can be rowdy, loud, and social. Though with a timid and mousy person I can be quiet and sensitive.
      Despite so many friends and faces, I often resort to certain people that I choose for guidance, and personal comfort; which always turns out to be Jarlath or uncle Aedan, especially since I have grown a bit quiet since my father's death.

A natural leader, he tends to be calm and rational, and is very rare that he gets angry or upset. For example, when someone accidentally hurts his feelings, he smiles and pretends not to be bothered by it, wanting to project a positive, self confident image. Though when someone does cross the line, they are often surprised at the sudden strength of his defensive attack. On these rare occasions that someone evokes anger or tears from him, it seems to them that the "storm" had burst from clear blue skies.

((OOC:_))

══════════════════════════════════

User Image

__

Well, well, well...
        Someone that can fit in anywhere,
        A natural leader to boot!
        I am sure you will be a fine fit here...

Gryffindor!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
        • Rufus' Gratitude 100
        • Team Jacob 100
        • Married 100

UntameKitsune

Familiar Phantom

5,350 Points
        • Peoplewatcher 100
        • Invisibility 100
        • Popular Thread 100
        PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:12 pm
        User Image

Yukiji Sakubara

First Year // Unsorted // 1/2 Kitsune 1/2 Witch // Age 11 // 12" Rigid Oak, Dragon Heart String

╔══════════════╗
        Feeling - Curious
        Wearing - School uniform and an oversized version of the school's robe
        Where at - The Great Hall
        ╚══════════════╝

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Both hands clasped tightly on either side of her pointed witch hat Yukiji gazed around in wonder. The castle was breath taking. Never in a million years would she have imagined it would've looked like this, at most she thought it might have been a little bigger, maybe a little older than her last school but this... Yukiji felt herself being ushered into another enormous room and watched as she was lined up in up in front of four tables full of students talking amongst eachother, some with their eyes on them but others were preoccupied with other matters. Sorting... So... If I remember correctly each of these tables was a house. And I'm going to... be sorted into one of them for my seven years here. She leaned forward and looked over at the stool with the hat tugging down on her own hat. She watched the hat wriggle, and then come to life then, it began to sing. Her eyes widened and a delighted smile touched her lips. Amazing... She swung her head back to look at the tables Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. She couldn't tell which was which but she knew the attributes of each based on what the hat was singing. She waited as the ones before her were called and amused herself by observing people at the tables. Finally, she heared her name called and she walked over to the stool, Yukiji hesitated for a moment remembering in her excitement she'd been unable to properly control her halfbreed features. Two black fox ears had appeared on her head just as she was getting on the boat and also remembering what her mother said about hiding these features for as long as she could. That's why, here she was, wearing this old timey purple witch hat, which was really just a joke, Yukiji's mother only made it because she thought it would be funny but Yukiji didn't think either of them expected her to be wearing it so soon. Well... I can't exactly wear a hat on top of a hat... she slipped her hat off and plopped down on the stool waiting with a curious expression for the sorting hat to cover her ears and tell her where she belonged.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

((Ooc: ))

Night Walker Snow

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm not easily described in a "nutshell." But I'll give it a shot anyway. I guess one could say my personality is a bit of a mystery considering my background, especially since I bear many traits one might not expect to see from a girl born into a poor family and raised smack in the middle of a forest far away from any concrete city or town for miles. I'm intelligent, elegant, deft, level-headed, semi-apathetic (sometimes), eccentric, and I guess you could say I dance to the beat of a different drum. When it comes to doing work or chores, I'm lazy, and the probably only reason I've made it thus far in life is because I set very specific quotas for myself and work hard to achieve my set parameter. However the second I make my quota everything halts and I do not lift a finger for anyone but myself unless they're a special exception, or I'm getting something out of it, but even then I'm either all complaints and irritable attitude or oddly calm and silent but peeved on the inside. I have a bit of a problem with being far too stubborn and too proud to ask for help or lean on them for support, but if one jumps through the right hoops and meets the right standards I can be a very valuable asset. I'm usually very good at avoiding any responsibility for anything involving anyone other than myself, but if for some reason I've made a promise or taken on some sort of responsibility then I'll treat it much like a lead ball and chain weighing me down, begrudgingly, I do whatever it takes to fulfill said promise or responsibility. Due to the very regal atmosphere that I grew up in--thanks to my mothers upbringing-- I'm not used to very much physical contact, for example if someone were to hug me then I'd probably just stand there like a deer in the headlights not sure what to do. Whether I'm alone or with others it makes no difference on how I act. Also, I'm a terrible lier, and I know it, so instead of even trying I'm usually painfully honest and blunt. Ignorant of many common occurrences, and unnecessarily cruel from time to time, I am kind in my own way and mature beyond my years, though I tend to act more immature or comically dramatic to mask my real emotions. At first glance it might appear that I'm extraordinarily disorganized but in reality that is completely true, though it's not because I can't be organized it's just that I choose not to. I have no problem accidentally/ or purposely making a mess in someone else's house and leaving it there. I'm almost never seen without a book and even if I'm completely under motivated in just about every other aspect of my life, learning is one of my passions, often I will do extensive research on something due to a mere whim and despise those who refuse to further their own education. I've always had a huge sweet tooth and a prominent weakness for sweets. What one might not expect upon meeting me for the first time is my unusually strong sense of loyalty, respect, my child-like curiosity, my tendency to be completely unreasonable unless everyone else is unreasonable to which I then become the sole voice of reason, and when completely relaxed (probably somewhere in a forest or up high) one would not expect my serene, joyful nature.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:07 pm
        User Image
        The Sorting Hat
        User Image

Night Walker Snow
        User Image

Yukiji Sakubara

First Year // Unsorted // 1/2 Kitsune 1/2 Witch // Age 11 // 12" Rigid Oak, Dragon Heart String

╔══════════════╗
        Feeling - Curious
        Wearing - School uniform and an oversized version of the school's robe
        Where at - The Great Hall
        ╚══════════════╝

Both hands clasped tightly on either side of her pointed witch hat Yukiji gazed around in wonder. The castle was breath taking. Never in a million years would she have imagined it would've looked like this, at most she thought it might have been a little bigger, maybe a little older than her last school but this... Yukiji felt herself being ushered into another enormous room and watched as she was lined up in up in front of four tables full of students talking amongst eachother, some with their eyes on them but others were preoccupied with other matters. Sorting... So... If I remember correctly each of these tables was a house. And I'm going to... be sorted into one of them for my seven years here. She leaned forward and looked over at the stool with the hat tugging down on her own hat. She watched the hat wriggle, and then come to life then, it began to sing. Her eyes widened and a delighted smile touched her lips. Amazing... She swung her head back to look at the tables Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. She couldn't tell which was which but she knew the attributes of each based on what the hat was singing. She waited as the ones before her were called and amused herself by observing people at the tables. Finally, she heared her name called and she walked over to the stool, Yukiji hesitated for a moment remembering in her excitement she'd been unable to properly control her halfbreed features. Two black fox ears had appeared on her head just as she was getting on the boat and also remembering what her mother said about hiding these features for as long as she could. That's why, here she was, wearing this old timey purple witch hat, which was really just a joke, Yukiji's mother only made it because she thought it would be funny but Yukiji didn't think either of them expected her to be wearing it so soon. Well... I can't exactly wear a hat on top of a hat... she slipped her hat off and plopped down on the stool waiting with a curious expression for the sorting hat to cover her ears and tell her where she belonged.

((Ooc: ))

Night Walker Snow

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm not easily described in a "nutshell." But I'll give it a shot anyway. I guess one could say my personality is a bit of a mystery considering my background, especially since I bear many traits one might not expect to see from a girl born into a poor family and raised smack in the middle of a forest far away from any concrete city or town for miles. I'm intelligent, elegant, deft, level-headed, semi-apathetic (sometimes), eccentric, and I guess you could say I dance to the beat of a different drum. When it comes to doing work or chores, I'm lazy, and the probably only reason I've made it thus far in life is because I set very specific quotas for myself and work hard to achieve my set parameter. However the second I make my quota everything halts and I do not lift a finger for anyone but myself unless they're a special exception, or I'm getting something out of it, but even then I'm either all complaints and irritable attitude or oddly calm and silent but peeved on the inside. I have a bit of a problem with being far too stubborn and too proud to ask for help or lean on them for support, but if one jumps through the right hoops and meets the right standards I can be a very valuable asset. I'm usually very good at avoiding any responsibility for anything involving anyone other than myself, but if for some reason I've made a promise or taken on some sort of responsibility then I'll treat it much like a lead ball and chain weighing me down, begrudgingly, I do whatever it takes to fulfill said promise or responsibility. Due to the very regal atmosphere that I grew up in--thanks to my mothers upbringing-- I'm not used to very much physical contact, for example if someone were to hug me then I'd probably just stand there like a deer in the headlights not sure what to do. Whether I'm alone or with others it makes no difference on how I act. Also, I'm a terrible lier, and I know it, so instead of even trying I'm usually painfully honest and blunt. Ignorant of many common occurrences, and unnecessarily cruel from time to time, I am kind in my own way and mature beyond my years, though I tend to act more immature or comically dramatic to mask my real emotions. At first glance it might appear that I'm extraordinarily disorganized but in reality that is completely true, though it's not because I can't be organized it's just that I choose not to. I have no problem accidentally/ or purposely making a mess in someone else's house and leaving it there. I'm almost never seen without a book and even if I'm completely under motivated in just about every other aspect of my life, learning is one of my passions, often I will do extensive research on something due to a mere whim and despise those who refuse to further their own education. I've always had a huge sweet tooth and a prominent weakness for sweets. What one might not expect upon meeting me for the first time is my unusually strong sense of loyalty, respect, my child-like curiosity, my tendency to be completely unreasonable unless everyone else is unreasonable to which I then become the sole voice of reason, and when completely relaxed (probably somewhere in a forest or up high) one would not expect my serene, joyful nature.

You are highly complex,
        However, there are traits within you that suit this house...

Slytherin!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
        • Rufus' Gratitude 100
        • Team Jacob 100
        • Married 100

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:20 pm
        Valentina La Russa
        Pure-blood/ Unsorted first year

The next in line was Valentina to be sorted. She was relaxed unlike she thought she would be nervous. As she fixed up her bright red hair hair and slowly walking up to the talking witches hat. She had a thought to herself. I wonder what would happen if I lit the hat on fire? Probably would burn it to smithereens and get in a lot of trouble with the Headmaster and get a owl home Although mother and father would probably murder me when i get back for the holidays. Although that probably not the smartest idea she has had but when the professors are watching everyone's moves. "I guess I will have to do it another day." As she said to herself and finally sitting on the stool to be sorted.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm
        She has a bit cheeky personality from playing tricks and pranks on people since she was a little girl.
        Lazy when she doesn't want to get up or do anything that involves moving on her lazy days or turning up to class when she feels like it and stubbornness is linked to he laziness
        Tomboy mostly due to her fashion style and her boyish figure.
        She has the will power to succeeded in the Dark arts which has always been a curiosity for her. Even though her parents wouldn't like her to do that as they have known what the Dark Lord has done to their family when he power. He killed her uncle Daniel and then his snake deposed his body.
        Smart when she wants to be and when she feel like answering questions that is given to her to answer and that she knows the answer to the question.
        Girly girl only when it comes up to special occasions school ball‘ and other formal events. Valentina will also dress up like a girl when she is in the mood to dress up like one.
        She is short tempered and can easily lose it within a minute if anyone annoys the hell out of her. Her mother says it's from her fathers side.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
        Other Stuff
        Get GCash
        Offers
        Get Items
        More Items
        Where Everyone Hangs Out
        Other Community Areas
        Virtual Spaces
        Fun Stuff
        Gaia's Games
        Mini-Games