Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 861 862 863 864 865 866 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FogSage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:57 pm
Got my first two parking tickets ever, one right after the other.

I wasn't aware that college parking decals expire. I now have 20 dollars left in my checking account, as I had to shell out twenty each for the tickets, and a further twenty for a new parking decal, which will expire in one year. ******** yay.

I missed my hall council meeting too. ********.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:42 pm
I hate my German Professor.

I know it's only the second week of school, but he's given me every reason to hate him so far. Let's list them:

1. If you yawn in his class without covering your mouth, he'll mock you in front of everyone by faking a big fat yawn and gesturing that the hand goes over the mouth. This is not only embarrassing, but there are times when we're sitting in groups, not at the table, and our hands are full. To make matters worse, his class makes me yawn more than I normally would in a week.

2. When we were going over German greetings, he wanted us to formally greet each other and shake hands. If a man was greeting a woman, though, he made sure that the woman offered her hand before the man shook it. Ironically, we're now translating a dialogue about women's rights.

3. All of your notes, your PERSONAL notes that you will never hand in and he'll never touch, MUST be on loose leaf paper. If you write them in a spiral notebook he knocks points off.

4. You aren't allowed to turn in anything that was attached to a spiral notebook. I can almost understand this one. If I were a professor, I wouldn't want to deal with a bunch of sloppily torn-out pages with all the little shreddings on the edge. The problem with Professor L. is that he won't take it even if you clean-tear it using the perforations. I wondered if he would even know the difference, but it turns out he feels the edge to make sure it's loose leaf. WTF?

4. I hate him for what he did today. This one requires a short story.

I have class MWF. I was absent on Wed because of personal drama involving my ex, him hitting me, etc. It really doesn't matter why I was absent anyway. Today, after class Prof. L. tries to stop me and talk to me about my absence. He says "Next time you're absent send me an email so you're not behind in class. You can't miss more than 4 days or it takes away a letter grade every time."
I was in a hurry because I'm always late to the next class which is all the way across campus so I was kinda walking and talking. Suddenly he yells at me in the hallway,

"I'd appreciate it if you'd stop and face me when I'm talking to you!"

So I paused for a second, let him finish ranting about my absence, and then kept going.

I really hate this man.  

Red August

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:23 pm
J- Belated congratulations. So happy to hear things are working out so well between you two. Can't believe I missed that post for so long. Haven't been checking in with the Sallies lately.

Red August- Is this a college course, and if so can you drop it? Your professor sounds like a control freak. =/  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:41 am
Krissim Klaw
Red August- Is this a college course, and if so can you drop it? Your professor sounds like a control freak. =/

I'd love to drop it, or at least find a different professor, but guess what my major is.
That's right, German.
And he's the only professor that teaches GER 304.

I did send him a very lengthy email. It was very professional and polite but it got the point across that I was upset with his behavior and felt mocked and threatened in his class. He eventually sent me back an apology, but no promise of change.  

Red August

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:04 am
Red August
I did send him a very lengthy email. It was very professional and polite but it got the point across that I was upset with his behavior and felt mocked and threatened in his class. He eventually sent me back an apology, but no promise of change.

At least he apologized. That means he's at least more aware of his actions now. You might see a change for the better.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:42 pm
This was supposed to be a great, fun weekend, and it's turned out to be the worst time of my life, at the only one responsible is the ******** weather.

One of my best friends, Ri, and I were going up to St. Paul/Minneapolis for the Ren Fest in Shakopee and then on Sunday for a concert in St. Paul. Well, we made it to the Ref Fest with no problems, had a great time there, but it began to rain towards the end, so we left. Well, so was everyone else. We waited about an hour or so before we were able to get out of the parking area, and by then it was raining pretty hard and getting dark. We stopped at a rest stop to use the bathroom and then we were back on the road. It was still raining hard and was what could be said to be nightime. Well, while driving on Hwy 169, north, there was a car in front of me a good ways that started to break, and I saw them doing so, so I started. I was going the speed limit, about 55mph, but my car started to skid, hydroplaning most likely, and I couldn't steer or get out of the way and I hit them from behind, pretty hard.

Thankfully no one is hurt, that we know of, but I'm pretty shaken up, and my friend Ri is more so than I am, as well as very very disappointed about the whole weekend being ruined. Their SUV is damaged, but the apparent damage wasn't so bad. My car is probably totaled. Front end nicely smashed in, both lights gone, no front license plate. I'm currently in a hotel with Ri in Eden Prairie, MN. My car is at an auto body shop for now, and tomorrow my parents are going to come get us.

Just...fuuuck. What am I gonna do now? I'm starting a new job soon, but what's going on for that? I'll probably end up using my mom's car for a while now until we figure something out, but...I dunno. I feel...nothing...numb, empty, void. I just don't know what's going to happen.  

Afina Maslow

LilKitty115

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:48 pm
Afina Maslow
This was supposed to be a great, fun weekend, and it's turned out to be the worst time of my life, at the only one responsible is the ******** weather.

One of my best friends, Ri, and I were going up to St. Paul/Minneapolis for the Ren Fest in Shakopee and then on Sunday for a concert in St. Paul. Well, we made it to the Ref Fest with no problems, had a great time there, but it began to rain towards the end, so we left. Well, so was everyone else. We waited about an hour or so before we were able to get out of the parking area, and by then it was raining pretty hard and getting dark. We stopped at a rest stop to use the bathroom and then we were back on the road. It was still raining hard and was what could be said to be nightime. Well, while driving on Hwy 169, north, there was a car in front of me a good ways that started to break, and I saw them doing so, so I started. I was going the speed limit, about 55mph, but my car started to skid, hydroplaning most likely, and I couldn't steer or get out of the way and I hit them from behind, pretty hard.

Thankfully no one is hurt, that we know of, but I'm pretty shaken up, and my friend Ri is more so than I am, as well as very very disappointed about the whole weekend being ruined. Their SUV is damaged, but the apparent damage wasn't so bad. My car is probably totaled. Front end nicely smashed in, both lights gone, no front license plate. I'm currently in a hotel with Ri in Eden Prairie, MN. My car is at an auto body shop for now, and tomorrow my parents are going to come get us.

Just...fuuuck. What am I gonna do now? I'm starting a new job soon, but what's going on for that? I'll probably end up using my mom's car for a while now until we figure something out, but...I dunno. I feel...nothing...numb, empty, void. I just don't know what's going to happen.
I'm glad everyone is all right, Afina. It's something to be thankful for. Cars are replaceable, people are not. In time, I'm sure everything will turn out all right. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:56 pm
LilKitty115
Afina Maslow

I'm glad everyone is all right, Afina. It's something to be thankful for. Cars are replaceable, people are not. In time, I'm sure everything will turn out all right. smile

I second this. I'm just glad you're alright Af.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:00 pm
I'm glad everyone is alright too, even I am good today, I haven't landed on my a** this week 8D  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:28 pm
Afina Maslow
I feel...nothing...numb, empty, void. I just don't know what's going to happen.

If it helps, I felt the same way when I was in an accident. It wasn't as scary or as bad as yours, but it was my first so...yeah.

As everyone else has already said, glad everyone is okay and safe. Good luck with transportation and such though. Maybe you'll get lucky and the car is salvageable. sweatdrop  

Garek Maxwell

Sonya Khatsworth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:47 am
Ack, sorry to hear about the accident, Affy. And thank god you're alright. D:

Alright, first off, I shall administer myself a kick in the a** for not respecting my engagement to be more active...

...there we go, done. 8D

Aaaanyways. Sure has been a while, so I'll go over the last month or so as I'm not really sure where I left off the last time I was here. o:

Sometime in early August, I as gone on a long weekend to visit my parents, mostly to see my brother and sister, and some old friends in the surrounding neighborhood. Around the second day I got a call from one of the other people renting rooms in the same floor I am back at the apartment building near school and they tell me the weather got so bad that the old sewers couldn't handle the rain anymore and started backing up through our floor's toilets. It backed up enough for sewage water to flood our rooms, and the landlord actually broke down my door (because the moron couldn't find the spare key I gave him for the new lock I put on my room) because he knew I had a lot of electronics in my room.
Roomies helped lift stuff above the ground and although I didn't get more than a foot of water, the landlord refused to pull up the old wooden flooring to replace it after draining out the water. "Act of God" or not, the seeped in humidity would attract more bugs, which I already had a problem with before the incident, and the landlord left without repairing the door, as if expecting me to do it.
I mean it's all fine and dandy saying you broke down my door to save my electronics from sewage water, but then what am I supposed to do about possible looters when I can't lock or even close the door properly anymore? Am I supposed to keep paying rent for a room with rotting floorboards, a broken door, no window, no working stove and a half-broken fridge?

So I gave him my notice of move-out. Paid him for the rest of the month and hightailed my way out of there, 'cause I needed to find another place fast before school starts. In the meantime I brought my boxes and stuff to my parents' place and took up a lil' corner of their basement.

Didn't take too long, but I found another place. Ironically, same road. Except this time it's a nice cozy room that a lady is putting up for rent in her apartment, and it's on the 3rd floor. So if sewers back up all the way to here, at least I'll know I'm not the worst off -- the other floors below will have drowned. 8D

Aside from that, school's started. It made me horribly nervous at first, but I'm easing into it now. I'm in a year-and-a-half long program for professional training to become a computer technician. So far my classes have been "System Analysis", "Job & Training" and "Information Searching", more or less. Might not be the exact right words, I'm translating roughly from french. The teachers so far are awesome, and I can sometimes even get days off if I get really ahead of the class. It's happened once so far last Thursday. ^^

Government's handling my course and living expenses so far, so at least I don't have to worry about money anymore. I hate having to mooch money like this to get things done, but after 3 years of getting and losing jobs, maybe it was about time I sought some help.

On a more recent and personal level, depressed people, ugh.
So I come home from school, I've had a great day, I even managed to give tomorrow a great headstart by putting some extra effort in getting things done today -- let's just say, I'm happy because I tried and didn't give in. I'm happy because I'm working towards making things better and although I get s**t flinged at me, I'm still gonna keep up.

But hold on. I log in to MSN for the first time in a while, and this person messages me just to tell me they lost their job, got turned down again, and give up on life. And afterwards when she gets sick of me being happy and just declines every bit of advice I've been trying to give her for months, this person tries to guilt trip me about her depression by bringing up preceding events of how she got really close to me (or at least, she thought she did), and was hurt when I didn't return the feelings a while back.

Let's be honest here.
I'm a ******** hard-headed opportunistic optimist. A hedonistic one at that. I thriiiiive on pleasure. I'm I'm not exactly quiet about it either.
If s**t goes wrong, if depression hits, I'm STILL going to pull myself into getting some fun or happy out of something, even if just to nullify the bad feelings.
It doesn't always work, but ********, I try. Dwelling on it is absolutely useless.
For this exact reason, I'm EXACTLY the person you DON'T want to be messaging if all you want is someone to be depressed and agree with you.

Now I'm also one of those people who also loves helping others, giving advice and even listening to problems when I can.
But I'm not going to take s**t from someone just because they're too locked into their self-feeding circle of despair, self-pity and laziness.
Yes, laziness. Because advice only does so much, you gotta take action in life if you want to achieve anything. Doesn't mean you're going to punch cars out of your way and stop speeding bullets, but the least anyone could do is grow a spine, some skin, take a few hits and LEARN from them. And then? You keep trying.
I mean, it's all good to know your limits, but if you stop trying, you'll never get anything. Ever. How's that ever an option? :/

So yes, I apparently lost a "friend" because I didn't just nod and say "Yeah, you're right, life sucks, let's all give up."
Well, uh... uhm... d'oh? Oh well. The world still spins, my coffee amazingly isn't turning sour, and as far as I know, it's probably for the best.

Granted I'm having a hard time looking for what friendship we actually had -- we had more of this "acquaintance" thing going on and barely knew each other, and frankly, I don't keep "friends" who resign themselves to being a ball and chain of compressed self-induced misery. Especially the kind who, consciously or not, seem to have the only purpose to try and bring you down with them.

Ah well. I tried to give advice and be there for her, but was metaphorically, if not almost literally, spat on for it. Guess that's what I get for trying to be nice.

Then again... there's also Radd.
Earlier this week, another friend of mine worked up the courage to come clean about having a crush on me. I was pretty shocked myself, and since he was such a shy, honest to god nice guy, I just couldn't bring myself to not let him know about me. Downed a few cokes and took a deep breath, and told him all about being an MtF.He was shocked at first, but... he surprised me. He's really one of the first people I've met, outside of the furry fandom, who's actually asked me to explain it more to him, because he didn't really know the condition well. (Rather than just be all emasculated and think "OMG I HAVE FEELINGS FOR A GUY.")

So while he was pretty much in a state of shock himself, me and one of my other friends who's aware talked to him and tried to comfort him. Things kinda sorta went back to normal after that. He's still passively flirting with me and seems to be doing his darnedest to help me remember to take my pills and, as he puts it, feel more like a lady.
Which is really sweet. This kind of thing gives me a reason to have faith in people.

Aside from all that, things are going well. Just kinna... living day to day. When I'm not at school, I just play games or try to hang out with friends. Been putting a lot of time back in World of Warcraft again though, as the Bubblegum Tigers guild on Frostwolf finally let me start raiding with them. I'm undergeared and I'm outside the generic commonly accepted specs, but I'm trying hard and they seem to be fine with that. :3

Also : SPORE'S COMING OUT TODAY. 8D
I am so anxious for that damn phonecall. Come on Gamestop, tell me my preorder's ready to pick up!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:39 am
Doomy! *pounces you* You need to pop in here more, I demand it! =3

Glad to here things are getting better for you, especially as far as housing. Gives me a shiver reading about the one place, doesn't sound like it was the safest of places, but it seems like things are looking up.

And it is so true about not giving up to gloom and doom. You could have broken down with the flood, followed by the busted door, and plague of insects, but instead you saw it as a sign to move on and that found you in a much better place.

I'm also sorry about loosing your fri... acquaintance, but it sounds like that was also for the better. You can only try so hard to help someone help them self before you need to cut ties. You have enough hardship in your life without always having someone try to suck you dry like a giant mosquito. Besides, it is truly there loss. One of the things I've always loved about you is your ability to try and make light with a joke and have what fun you can even if things are going to hell around you.

It certainly has been a very long, twisting road you have walked these last few years but I'm still confident you'll make your way.

SPORE- I want that game soooooooo bad. I want to make a civilization of bug eyed mantises. eek  

Krissim Klaw

Sonya Khatsworth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:59 am
Krissim Klaw
Doomy! *pounces you* You need to pop in here more, I demand it! =3

Glad to here things are getting better for you, especially as far as housing. Gives me a shiver reading about the one place, doesn't sound like it was the safest of places, but it seems like things are looking up.

And it is so true about not giving up to gloom and doom. You could have broken down with the flood, followed by the busted door, and plague of insects, but instead you saw it as a sign to move on and that found you in a much better place.

I'm also sorry about loosing your fri... acquaintance, but it sounds like that was also for the better. You can only try so hard to help someone help them self before you need to cut ties. You have enough hardship in your life without always having someone try to suck you dry like a giant mosquito. Besides, it is truly there loss. One of the things I've always loved about you is your ability to try and make light with a joke and have what fun you can even if things are going to hell around you.

It certainly has been a very long, twisting road you have walked these last few years but I'm still confident you'll make your way.

SPORE- I want that game soooooooo bad. I want to make a civilization of bug eyed mantises. eek

Thanks, I appreciate the good thoughts Kriss. <3
And I'll try to pop in more often. My arse also demands it! 'Cause, y'know, it's sick of me kicking myself there for not doing so!

I just came back from getting Spore, and the clerk was nice enough to let me change my preordered copy from the regular deal to the Limited Edition one, which apparently comes with a few extra in-game stuff.

At the same time I also put in my preorders for Fallout3 and Star Wars : Force Unleashed (for the Wii). 8D
Thank god I've been saving up money on the side. This last quarter of the year is going to be good for gaming. XD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:13 am
Gaspy a response *glomps you*

And you make me so jealous with the Spore game. I think I am going to have to get it, though I'll probably have to play it on my Mom's desktop comp because I think my laptop will be to laggy. Didn't get this laptop with gaming in mind. XP

Sounds like you got a fun little row of games lined up for yourself though. I still want to poke myself back into gaming. I really enjoyed playing a lot of games back when I was younger, but school kind of sucked the energy out of me, and I've never been able to really respark myself into it. Everytime I think about it I feel so overwhelmed with how much games have come out that I missed. Have the same problem about novels at the moment too. Step into the fantasy/sci fi section at the bookstore and don't know were to even begin to start >.<

Latest game I played was Mario Galaxy. That was so much fun I only wish it had been like 5 times longer.

So instead of any real gaming I've been trying to exchange my way to angelic minis on Gaia... been working so hard but I fear the inflation will forever dangle them out of reach, although I have a few million goldies toward them now. @___@

I need to find someone to become an art slave to for them. XD

As for popping in, Diana's Discussion thread seems to get the most activity. Can be slow sometimes but other times we get a fun conversation going.  

Krissim Klaw

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 861 862 863 864 865 866 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games