Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
$The Random Caravan$ Your Spontaneous Spam Space! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:59 pm

Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
On a happier note...

heart I GOT EXCEPTED TO MY NUMBER ONE COLLEGE CHOICE!!! heart
Woohoo! Good karma payoff!

I've finally got a religion class twisted
Schweetness! What one, may I ask?
Umm, I think it ends up going over old pagan religions, Scientology and such. Less on the actual religions, then how they affected the people.

The specific course name is "Magic, Mystery, and Science"
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:30 pm

Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
On a happier note...

Umm, I think it ends up going over old pagan religions, Scientology and such. Less on the actual religions, then how they affected the people.

Pardon, but I find the title amusing, as magic, mystery, and science don't necessarily have to do with religion. razz But I get the point.

So, why are they looking at old religions and one as new as Scientology? Or are they also looking at other new faiths?

Jameta
Captain

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:47 am

Main problem: When they are talking about religions you know a great deal of and/or participate in AND THEIR INFORMATION IS WRONG, will you tell them they are wrong or will you not say anything for fear your professor will feel you are undermining him/her?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:54 am

Jameta
On a happier note...

Yay biggrin (Lucky!)

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:07 am

Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
On a happier note...

Pardon, but I find the title amusing, as magic, mystery, and science don't necessarily have to do with religion. razz But I get the point.

So, why are they looking at old religions and one as new as Scientology? Or are they also looking at other new faiths?
I think it's more of a snazzy title to grab people's attention when they're reading the course calendar. It's taking a look at old pagan religions, and upwards from there. I'll find the full description soon and type it up for you 3nodding
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:08 am

Atma311
Main problem: When they are talking about religions you know a great deal of and/or participate in AND THEIR INFORMATION IS WRONG, will you tell them they are wrong or will you not say anything for fear your professor will feel you are undermining him/her?
Depends on the prof. I'll feel them out first, and see if they're the type that would take badly to it, and them that will determine how I phrase it.

I probably will correct it though, as long as I can prove it through other sources.

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Goddess Hekate
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:36 pm

Nihilistic Seraph
Atma311
Depends on the prof. I'll feel them out first, and see if they're the type that would take badly to it, and them that will determine how I phrase it.

I probably will correct it though, as long as I can prove it through other sources.

I'm born to convey my meaning in the best possible way, through spoken and written word alike, so I usually just tell others (no matter how old or young) if they are wrong and explain in my sustained and gentle way why it is so.

smile See what happens when your teahcer tell you are great at presenting things?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:49 pm

Ich bin mude. xp

Jameta
Captain

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:45 am

Jameta
Ich bin mude. xp

Come again?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:50 am

Jameta
Ich bin mude. xp

Why are you sad/tired?

Goddess Hekate
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:07 pm

I weiss nicht. xp Schule?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:12 pm

In my moment of Randomness... or maybe it can be considered good karma.... I got one of my ren faire pirates/pagan boys to join Gaia! *Cheers for corruption.*

Mina Beltara

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:41 pm

Maybe we'll see them around soon 3nodding
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:22 pm

Bah- my computer died Wednesday night. gonk I'm just now having the opportunity to get on Gaia.

Oh, and your friend was accepted, although any mod should have the aiblity to do that...

Jameta
Captain

Mina Beltara

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:25 pm

Jameta
Bah- my computer died Wednesday night. gonk I'm just now having the opportunity to get on Gaia.

Oh, and your friend was accepted, although any mod should have the aiblity to do that...

Awww..... *Hugs.* Poor Jameta....

*Growls at comp.* Bad comp for dying.

And I'll let him know next time he decides to pop online. ^_^
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games