Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 869 870 871 872 873 874 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Afina Maslow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:55 pm
CoffeeFox
Well, I managed to get my paper done, although it's just...garbage. I've got all seven sources and about four pages of text, which fulfills the basic requirements, but this paper is just like all the other research papers I write; full of s**t that nobody gives a damn about. I mean, really, why bother doing this when there's no damn point?

Oh well, it's not for me to complain, I suppose. I'll just turn it in and get a C for it, like I imagine I will when she reads it. It's in a sort of bastardized APA style that my instructor expects us to do, and I'm glad for it because it means I don't have to write full pages of stuff, just little columns. The citations page is okay, but a few of the websites I couldn't find the creators who made them so I just put the name of the site and a link to the homepage.

My arm is aching, but maybe that's because I had a flu shot yesterday.

Yeah, APA is funky like that, but I like it more than shitty MLA  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:10 am
Actually, I just realized that APA and MLA are the same thing with different forms of citation.

I learned that the hard way, because when I turned in my hard copy, she flips back the cover page and goes "What is this?".

Long story short, I ******** up the margins and after restoring it to the proper margins and spacing and s**t, I now have a paper that's one and half pages too short than the bare minimum. My chances of getting even a C have been literally cut in half at this point. All that work was for nothing. It was...a waste of time. THIS PAPER TOOK TWO WEEKS OUT OF MY LIFE TO DO AND IT DIDN'T EVEN FULFILL BASIC REQUIREMENTS. MOTHER OF A ******** ******** do not accurately describe the intense self-hatred and anguish I'm feeling right now.  

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100

Afina Maslow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:58 pm
CoffeeFox
Actually, I just realized that APA and MLA are the same thing with different forms of citation.

Mmm, APA I've noticed is used when writing research reports, mainly for Psychology, but other sciences have used it. When I first learned MLA, I hated it because you had to explain everything you were citing and the way you included the citations really sucked. APA was a lot easier to use and the Reference list is a lot easier to organize. I'm never getting rid of my APA style manual just because I might still need it some day if I ever go back to school, and it was infinitely useful.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:18 pm
I lost my college ID card, which is pretty damn important, seeing as how I can't access my meal plan without it, or open locked doors after hours.

I can only hope that I somehow missed it in the cafeteria when I was eating dinner tonight and that someone picked it up and turned it in. If not, then I don't get to eat tomorrow. The card-making office isn't open on the weekend, which is really inconvenient, but there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm thinking about maybe canceling my second doctor's appointment like I said I would. Maybe all I need to do is buy a stronger allergy medication to cure these runny noses and things, like Zyrtec or whatever. I'm currently using Claritin, which has worked okay for me so far, and is comparatively cheap when it's up against some really strong stuff you can only get from behind the counter.  

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100

Afina Maslow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:59 pm
CoffeeFox
I lost my college ID card, which is pretty damn important, seeing as how I can't access my meal plan without it, or open locked doors after hours.

I can only hope that I somehow missed it in the cafeteria when I was eating dinner tonight and that someone picked it up and turned it in. If not, then I don't get to eat tomorrow. The card-making office isn't open on the weekend, which is really inconvenient, but there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm thinking about maybe canceling my second doctor's appointment like I said I would. Maybe all I need to do is buy a stronger allergy medication to cure these runny noses and things, like Zyrtec or whatever. I'm currently using Claritin, which has worked okay for me so far, and is comparatively cheap when it's up against some really strong stuff you can only get from behind the counter.

I'm sure you're seeing a possible reason for keeping your own food in your room, not sure if you have income at all to afford that or anything, but it's always good for things such as that  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:07 pm
Asphyxiat!on
Davin_Nightwind
Well, isn't this annoying...My creativity seems to have jumped right out the nearest window, fell two stories, then staggered out in to the middle of the autobahn where it got hit by a Porche doing 150 mph, followed by a semi to grind the remains into the ground >_<

I haven't been able to do anything artistically since I got back from my deployment in May, and I honestly don't know why. Every time I open Works and try to work on The Rogue or even something new, my mind just shuts down and I stare at the screen for twenty minutes until I close it. Same with my art. I'll get as far as the framework, think it looks like crap, and set my sketchbook aside (or just close Photoshop if I have that up) It's really starting to bother me. Hell, even my RPing is starting to suffer.

Any ideas on how to respark the creativity?
Take a break, that's all you can really do. Read some books, maybe, watch some movies, anime, look at other's art, that tends to help some biggrin

You know, that's actually a good idea. I guess it would work far better than trying to force it XD  

Davin_Nightwind

Shaviv

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:40 am
CoffeeFox

I learned that the hard way, because when I turned in my hard copy, she flips back the cover page and goes "What is this?".

Long story short, I ******** up the margins and after restoring it to the proper margins and spacing and s**t, I now have a paper that's one and half pages too short than the bare minimum. My chances of getting even a C have been literally cut in half at this point. All that work was for nothing. It was...a waste of time. THIS PAPER TOOK TWO WEEKS OUT OF MY LIFE TO DO AND IT DIDN'T EVEN FULFILL BASIC REQUIREMENTS. MOTHER OF A ******** ******** do not accurately describe the intense self-hatred and anguish I'm feeling right now.

Length requirements are stupid bullshit, console yourself with that.

I had a length requirement on a paper once. I was ordered to write a paper that was longer than five pages but no longer than 20 on the problems of modern American foreign policy. Here's how the instructor explained it:

"If you write a paper that's less than five pages, you'll lose points because you will have failed to adequately cover the issues. If you write a paper that's longer than twenty pages, you'll lose points because I'm going to stop reading at page 20, Jesus Christ, people. My wife gets upset if I grade in bed." But anything in between, that's fine, provided the issues were discussed in sufficient depth.

So in terms of quality, did your paper fulfill the requirements? If so, say to the instructor: I know there's a length requirement, but please at least give me feedback on the quality of the content.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:09 am
Shaviv
CoffeeFox

Length requirements are stupid bullshit, console yourself with that.

I had a length requirement on a paper once. I was ordered to write a paper that was longer than five pages but no longer than 20 on the problems of modern American foreign policy. Here's how the instructor explained it:

"If you write a paper that's less than five pages, you'll lose points because you will have failed to adequately cover the issues. If you write a paper that's longer than twenty pages, you'll lose points because I'm going to stop reading at page 20, Jesus Christ, people. My wife gets upset if I grade in bed." But anything in between, that's fine, provided the issues were discussed in sufficient depth.

So in terms of quality, did your paper fulfill the requirements? If so, say to the instructor: I know there's a length requirement, but please at least give me feedback on the quality of the content.

I probably fulfilled SOME quality requirements. Upon further study of my textbook, my paper is an mixture of Chapters 11 and 13. I kinda did my paper over the motivation for why people travel, and also the travel buying process, even though they're pretty much intertwined.

Edit: Oh, and yeah, I'm not going to make it to my doctor's appointment on time either. My aunt wants me to have lunch with her, so I figure that's what I'll do instead of going. I wish I could call and cancel it again, but they've moved the office to this other place and I don't know the phone number. I guess I'll just have to not show up, even if it's incredibly rude.

*sighs* Does anyone here use Zyrtec? Is it a good allergy medication?  

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100

Crenn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:38 pm
Zyrtec seems to work, at least the Australian version of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:43 pm
Mreh, ******** sleep, I like being bitchy and impatient.

No, not really.  

Afina Maslow

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:10 pm
I got a raise at work, effective next week!

Well, it's only ¢15, but hey, going from almost being fired to getting a raise is awesome! whee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:09 pm
I'm sorry, I tried to not use this thread and complain about life, but this time things have gone too far. Shaviv, you drove me over the edge and now I have to b**** about something. Your little link to your city has gotten me to join that website with my own. How could you do this to me? crying Now I have a little 1 pop town. mad Bad mod! Bad bad!  

Garek Maxwell

Forcive Habit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:40 pm
Sunegami

Well, it's only ¢15, but hey, going from almost being fired to getting a raise is awesome! whee

I got a raise too! Grats grats <3

As for my own QQ for the entire week, my lover is out of town in Saskatoon untill monday /cry. I just hope he's back in time to have some turkey for Thanksgiving crying
Note: He took my laptop, so I'm stuck using my old crappy one... /grumble  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:05 am
Forcive Habit
Sunegami

I got a raise too! Grats grats <3

As for my own QQ for the entire week, my lover is out of town in Saskatoon untill monday /cry. I just hope he's back in time to have some turkey for Thanksgiving crying
Note: He took my laptop, so I'm stuck using my old crappy one... /grumble

Yay for raises! whee

Awww, I can commiserate; my boyfriend's been stuck in St. Louis on business since last Monday. He was supposed to come home this past Friday, but the people he's working with are incompetent, so he won't be home 'til tomorrow. Worst-case scenario, he's stuck there 'til Friday. emo

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Alektorphobia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:42 pm
You know what I'm tired of?
People who say they'll commission me, they just have to wait to get the money

then turn around and commission several other artists and still leave me waiting. That is money that I am looking forward to and needing to pay bills. The person never comes back to me and says "well I changed my mind" so I never know if they are going to come back and commission me, or if they decided my art was too shoddy to pay for  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 869 870 871 872 873 874 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games