Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:56 pm
I can see where it wouldn't work. The thing is f'ing huge. Do you know what it'd take just to power a single one of those engines? You're looking at a ship that's actually comparable in size to a Death Star.... though still smaller.

But seriously, it's too big. Even if you could make a frame big enough, there'd be no place big enough to fit it. You'd have to completely make a new shipyard just for that.

That, and the bill would be enourmous. It'd take more credits than even the Empire can likely afford, more than a planet's worth of resources, and the sheer numbers of personel required just for minimal operation would be in the millions. Hell, an invasion force would be easily over ten million strong.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:07 pm
A Truly incomparable Combat ship is the Imperial Class Star Destroyer.
Name one other ship who's had a service Record better than hers.  

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:10 pm
A single ship or line of ships?

If it's a single ship, we all know none can match the Millenium Falcon in sheer awesomeness and history.

As for ships... I might say the old Sith Interdictor comes at a close second to the Imperators. They're the forefathers of the entire line of Destroyer, and were the first known Interdictors, and served in many planetary bombings, such as Telos IV, Taris, and Dantooine.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:44 pm
I meant Line of ships.

And formidable vessels as the old Interdictors were, they did not have a service life of over fifty years of constant strife and warfare.
From the end of the Clone Wars to the End of the Vong War they were still in service in fleets across the galaxy.  

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:14 pm
What about Z-95s? Damn near longest-lived fighters in galactic history. They were still in use Pre-Legacy, and that's over a century of war.

Or how about X-Wings? They were around in one form another for as long as the Star Destroyer, and it was the ship that destroyed the Death Star.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:26 pm
Actually Z-95s lasted all the way into Legacy. With use on Terephon in Tempest.

StealthXs rule!  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:44 pm
I'm talking about Capital class ships.

On the same note, TIE fighters never seem to pass completely from view.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:57 pm
Seems like they were allbut fazed out by the Vong wars, though. I mean, they were still in use, but there were a lot more Interceptors.

When I said pre-Legacy, I meant the comics.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:30 pm
Z-95s got overshadowed by the X-wing.

But then again, the X-wing wasn't sold commercially in its later years, so the Z had that one advantage over other fighters. If you're going to compare military craft like the Z, you're only other competitor is the cloakshape...

But at least the X-wing finally got castrated and died by the time of Legacy. I was getting really sick of watching them godmod their strength. An E-wing can take an X-wing with about as much trouble as a rancor taking a gameorrean, and yet they still had the gall to keep it around. Even after the E-wing became compatible with r2s and its blaster problem fixed.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:00 pm
Same reason while the Imperials stuck around, despite much better ships coming out.

It got the job done.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Grimmjow Jackerjaques

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:40 am
Observes the hangar.. ninja ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:53 am
Might help if you actually posted a thread revelent topic rather than post an action that does nothing for you or the thread.  

Sol Walker
Crew

DaxterDude2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:29 pm
wassup its my first day in this guild and lol i already found someone else with a lighsaber here  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:59 pm
Craft: Rendili StarDrive's Dreadnaught
Type: Heavy Cruiser
Scale: Capital

old ship thats been around for awhile.  

K-Blade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:02 pm
that old b***h is a crew intensive machine.

I'm much more fond of the Rebel variant, the assault Frigate.

Like your sig by the way. Ever think of joining the RP as a Rebel?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games